test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Authenticate

124»

Comments

• coriant28622coriant28622 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well all i can say is you gotta love beta i guess the login servers are down and we will just have to wait i dont think its anything on our end.
  • kaldariaqkaldariaq Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I get unable to authenticate and connection time out when I launch from within the game client. I just downloaded all 5 gigs over 2 hours. This is a horrible first impression, ill keep trying because I want to play, but at a certain point I may just move on to something else and never look back.
  • betelnutbetelnut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ran GameClient.exe, attempted to log in and got message "Connection to account server timed out." I guess they're down for patching? Sucks, I was looking forward to squeezing in an hour of game time after a long day.
  • charmadcharmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just got home from work & trying to log in with the same issue everyone else is having (unable to authenticate), rebooted, checked forums, flushed dns, rebooted router, modem & pc. No change, still unable to authenticate. :( any other ideas?

LOL...right after posting this on forum I gave it one more try and it seems to be letting me in!
  • coriant28622coriant28622 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OHHHHH it just authenticated for me IM IN.....
  • xzandeltaxzandelta Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Okay people, I may have found a solution. If you go into the task manager and right click on Neverwinter.exe, choose the end process tree option then re-load. This should work and hope to see you in game!

--Xzandelta
  • dpglerchdpglerch Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well all i can say is you gotta love beta i guess the login servers are down and we will just have to wait i dont think its anything on our end.

not beta anymore, its live
  • anzentantouanzentantou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so.... if i delete client and re-install will it fix the login issue? cuz none of whatever i tried from the last posts helped in anyway to log in.... :(
  • slawwhoreslawwhore Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    back up now .....
  • sophirisophiri Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Had this problem when i tried logging bck in, turned to page one of this thread read this mods comment followed it and the instructions and has worked, time to log in :) ty mod
  • pinkleetpinkleet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It has happaned before and it's back. Read: incompetent code monkeys didn't fix it ever since it has started happening, further more they didn't even bother finding out what is causing it the first time. In every other job peps would get freaking fired. In mmos? "we are looking into trying to figure what is wrong..."
    Your freaking unthenticating script/ login server is screwed up all over your games. Get your money worth for your freaking "college" degrees and fix it.
  • goddessdepravegoddessdeprave Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The DNS flush worked for me, thankfully. Logging in now.
  • dpglerchdpglerch Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dpglerch wrote: »
    not beta anymore, its live

Workin again for me might want to double check and wait for the crash
  • xzandeltaxzandelta Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have you tried going into the task manager and right clicking on Neverwinter.exe, choose the end process tree option then re-loading the client?
  • daszunesdaszunes Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013

LoL your silly the beta ended on the 20th, the game is live man.
  • ryderlyryderly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Had the same issue with the launcher/updater being unable to authenticate. Logging into the website, waiting a few minutes and then starting the launcher seemed to work for me. I kept the browser window open and logged into my account until after I'd successfully logged in on the launcher. Not sure if it was just the authentication server being momentarily flooded (and thus unable to reply before the launcher timed out), or if there's another issue that having authenticated via the website somehow alleviated/resolved. Anyway, good luck to others trying to get around this issuel
This discussion has been closed.