test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Video #3 ( GWF ) All footage since "Balance" patch.

Comments

• morgitsmorgits Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    realbo wrote: »
    Is that the Sharp Ice Axe?

I had that axe but recently switched to the ancient greatsword from CN, which would you think is better for sent build? No I dont have the offhand yet for the 2 piece bonus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All Out Assault - Not just a guild...but a gaming community

Website/ Recruitment Thread
  • krewcifykrewcify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    P2W
    Except you're still sub par.

P2W = FTW get on board VORTIX44
  • niacrysniacrys Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello Krewcify. I am new to gwf class, so can you please tell what feats are you using. Thank you.
  • adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    krewcify wrote: »
    P2W = FTW get on board VORTIX44

Don't even have to pay, just need to use that thing that rests between your ears to make AD, something most these scrubs trying to hate don't comprehend.
  • alfinnetealfinnete Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is obvious that P2W but could link your build heroes and feets?

thank you
  • krewcifykrewcify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alfinnete wrote: »
    Is obvious that P2W but could link your build heroes and feets?

thank you

Build is the standard Sent build. 10/0/21

adhal81 wrote: »
    Don't even have to pay, just need to use that thing that rests between your ears to make AD, something most these scrubs trying to hate don't comprehend.

Tell me about it. If people are still playing in a year, they will still be saying P2W. It's a counter when they just want to be negative.
  • stalkerprimestalkerprime Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ahaha man, idk that u r so popular)) if i knew i will be changing build, kk see next time))) MrOneTwo CW

but must to say gwf after patch - strong, that regen is so annoying
  • gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Build is the standard Sent build. 10/0/21

Where is the standard Sent build posted? None of the GWF builds listed in the forum sticky are Sentinel focused.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I went 0/10/21. 10% more At-Wills + Deep Gash. Yes I have a weaker Flourish, but makes me more viable in PvE.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
    edited June 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    I went 0/10/21. 10% more At-Wills + Deep Gash. Yes I have a weaker Flourish, but makes me more viable in PvE.

That's a neat idea. I rarely pve so, flourish for me is a must :)
  • masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Nice GWF anyway, but you should explain your enemies that there is a key on their keyboard called "shift" and that this key can be used to dodge :P

Good GWFs are very rare, but if you're fighting them in PvP its really hard to kill them. Unstoppable is just a great skill.
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • zooismzooism Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    how well do you go PVE wise with this build?
    Did you go full CON to hit ARP cap, and are you stacking stam gear to get more out of the tenebrous enchants?
  • gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Could someone link a Sentinel build? It seems there's supposed to be a commonly known one, but I can't find it posted anywhere.
    edited June 2013
    zooism wrote: »
    how well do you go PVE wise with this build?
    Did you go full CON to hit ARP cap, and are you stacking stam gear to get more out of the tenebrous enchants?

I did go full STR/CON

I don't do pve. I'm built and centered for pvp. I have a wizard if and when I do go pve.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gabryel wrote: »
    Could someone link a Sentinel build? It seems there's supposed to be a commonly known one, but I can't find it posted anywhere.

No one has posted an official one yet. I have a Sentinel build, but it's STR/DEX based and focuses a lot on Crit and Deflection. So it's not the standard STR/CON with focus on Armor Pen.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gabryel wrote: »

I think the most common build atm is 10/0/21. There's been some variations and I have tried a few others but this seems to bring the most to the field. Reall just got to feel around with what works for you.

From experience with going 0/(5-10)/(21-26) I've found it doesn't bring enough to pve or pvp to be worth going though, unless your strictly pve. The bleed is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> since you won't have enough power to make it worth it, unless your gemming power (ugh please don't. Just... don't.....). The 10% to at-wills is nice, but either giving up on a heal when unstoppable or stunning flourish... no thanks (unless pve)

Also just some advise to some GWfs out there, since some of you make me laugh hysterically when I fight you.
    1. Don't stand there trying to go toe to toe with someone who's destroying your health while your only dealing a quarter of the damage back, tactical retreat, use it love it, do it unless you have a **** good reason not to.
    2. Speaking of tactical retreats, some do it way to soon, I've seen a few that retreat if they drop below 80. Hey thanks for the base! Bet not dying once really matters when your team loses by 700+ points cause you running around in the middle of nowhere. Your a steel clad juggernaut of destruction, not a kill stealing rogue. Act like it :P.
    3. Ok this one really makes me laugh my *** off, don't use your stuns on someone who is in unstoppable. Seriously do you know your own class? I see so many people trying to stun me while I'm in it, save your stuns till it wears off! Or use them and entertain me, whatever makes you feel good inside.
    edited June 2013
    I think the most common build atm is 10/0/21. There's been some variations and I have tried a few others but this seems to bring the most to the field. Reall just got to feel around with what works for you.

From experience with going 0/(5-10)/(21-26) I've found it doesn't bring enough to pve or pvp to be worth going though, unless your strictly pve. The bleed is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> since you won't have enough power to make it worth it, unless your gemming power (ugh please don't. Just... don't.....). The 10% to at-wills is nice, but either giving up on a heal when unstoppable or stunning flourish... no thanks (unless pve)

Also just some advise to some GWfs out there, since some of you make me laugh hysterically when I fight you.
    1. Don't stand there trying to go toe to toe with someone who's destroying your health while your only dealing a quarter of the damage back, tactical retreat, use it love it, do it unless you have a **** good reason not to.
    2. Speaking of tactical retreats, some do it way to soon, I've seen a few that retreat if they drop below 80. Hey thanks for the base! Bet not dying once really matters when your team loses by 700+ points cause you running around in the middle of nowhere. Your a steel clad juggernaut of destruction, not a kill stealing rogue. Act like it :P.
    3. Ok this one really makes me laugh my *** off, don't use your stuns on someone who is in unstoppable. Seriously do you know your own class? I see so many people trying to stun me while I'm in it, save your stuns till it wears off! Or use them and entertain me, whatever makes you feel good inside.

I'm sure you're great and all, but let's not turn this thread into who is better please.
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure you're great and all, but let's not turn this thread into who is better please.

Oh I'm by no means saying I'm the best, not saying my builds the best either. To be honest I think anyone claiming to be the best is full of **** since there is no way of proving it :-)

But even you gotta admit there's a lot of gfws out there that are doing things that just make you shake your head and go "wtf...". Figure maybe if someone puts it out there and people realise the things they are doing wrong it might help them.
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Oh I'm by no means saying I'm the best, not saying my builds the best either. To be honest I think anyone claiming to be the best is full of **** since there is no way of proving it :-)

But even you gotta admit there's a lot of gfws out there that are doing things that just make you shake your head and go "wtf...". Figure maybe if someone puts it out there and people realise the things they are doing wrong it might help them.

There are a lot of bad players of all classes. Badly geared (some have good gear because tried to P2Win), badly spec'd, badly played. This game has more casual baddies than any MMO I've ever played. Then they all come here to whine non-stop about another OP killing them in PvP when it's really their own terrible self that's to blame.
    edited June 2013

Of course, I've shaken my head at people before. Doesn't mean I need to publicly broadcast it on a video thread :P However I do enjoy the bumps, so with that said, please continue.
  • urlagurlag Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    yes it is true that there are a lot of bad players for every class in NW.
    the problem is that gwf is the least played class by far, so the # of bad players is a lot more noticeable
  • skuurj2010skuurj2010 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Krewcify, really enjoyed the video bro. Had been considering swapping to a Sentinel build for a bit after running a standard stunlock Destroyer focused build. Wasn't sure how to pull it off in play yet, but after watching you do it it made sense. I'm usually a pretty quick study in PvP for any MMO anyways with a heavy background in PvP scenes, but this clarified some things. I'm now running the 10/0/21 Sentinel build. My gear isn't as top notch as yours by far (2/4 Titan and 2/4 Imposing.. still missing most of my tenebrous enchants and soulforged, with only rank 5/6 gems in gear), but even with that minor handicap I've been tearing it up pretty good. I just need more AD so I can get his GS up a bit from 11k.

Anyways, very clearly demonstrated the potential of the setup as well as how to use it. I wasn't clear on which encounters and class features to slot until watching you do it.

Cheers dude, hope to see some more videos from you!
    (Narfus: GWF - Mindflayer)
    edited June 2013
    skuurj2010 wrote: »
    Hey Krewcify, really enjoyed the video bro. Had been considering swapping to a Sentinel build for a bit after running a standard stunlock Destroyer focused build. Wasn't sure how to pull it off in play yet, but after watching you do it it made sense. I'm usually a pretty quick study in PvP for any MMO anyways with a heavy background in PvP scenes, but this clarified some things. I'm now running the 10/0/21 Sentinel build. My gear isn't as top notch as yours by far (2/4 Titan and 2/4 Imposing.. still missing most of my tenebrous enchants and soulforged, with only rank 5/6 gems in gear), but even with that minor handicap I've been tearing it up pretty good. I just need more AD so I can get his GS up a bit from 11k.

Anyways, very clearly demonstrated the potential of the setup as well as how to use it. I wasn't clear on which encounters and class features to slot until watching you do it.

Cheers dude, hope to see some more videos from you!
    (Narfus: GWF - Mindflayer)

Thanks for the support! I'll be sure to make more in the future!
    urlag wrote: »
    yes it is true that there are a lot of bad players for every class in NW.
    the problem is that gwf is the least played class by far, so the # of bad players is a lot more noticeable

They're kinda FOTM now though. =/
  • urlagurlag Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    they are only FOTM for pvp
    in pve, there is still a lot of skeptisism towards gwf. the general viewpoint on class priorit hasnt changed (overall): 1dc/1tr/1cw req, last 2 spots are filled as follows: 1dc/1tr/1cw (usually both slots are filled by these) > gf > gwf

this is only a general viewpoint overall. there are those that see the viability of gwf, but they are few in comparison and the #'s of the "visionaries" are only growing ever so slowly

my above observations are drawn from forums and in game chat on mindflayer.
  • loverboyusaloverboyusa Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    Krew we need to get together. Mistress Roxxy your rival in Sinister Swarm lol
    happy days!
  • ogchadogchad Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Could someone please post me a link to the 10/0/21 sentinel build for pvp? it would really help me out, i been trying to search for one but no luck, thank you very much!
    edited June 2013
    Krew we need to get together. Mistress Roxxy your rival in Sinister Swarm lol

Haha whatever you need bud.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Haha whatever you need bud.

Krew, Im curious why you use lifedrinker now over plaguefire... Seems like plague does ALOT more damage and the heal from lifedrinker is lackluster... Either that or like a holy avenger since the damage is nice and the DR is very good...

JW...

Also, can you comment about flourish giving 5 procs of w.e weapon enchant you have meaning. Greater Life Drinker = 7% of weapon damage (941) = 66 damage/healing. With flourish that *5 = 330 damage/healing?

With a plague fire that = 3 stacks. With a holy avenger that = (15% *941*5 =) 700 damage...

JW what you know about it and why you went with your enchant...
    edited July 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Krew, Im curious why you use lifedrinker now over plaguefire... Seems like plague does ALOT more damage and the heal from lifedrinker is lackluster... Either that or like a holy avenger since the damage is nice and the DR is very good...

JW...

Also, can you comment about flourish giving 5 procs of w.e weapon enchant you have meaning. Greater Life Drinker = 7% of weapon damage (941) = 66 damage/healing. With flourish that *5 = 330 damage/healing?

With a plague fire that = 3 stacks. With a holy avenger that = (15% *941*5 =) 700 damage...

JW what you know about it and why you went with your enchant...

After the plague nerf, I was told about the regen build floating around, it just fits more with the current build I'm using. Damage isn't an issue for me, considering all of my damage basically comes from tenes. High hit points on return is what I'm interested in, Lifedrinker helps with that especially considering our attack speed. Little maybe yes, however stacking abilites/pots at once with det Lifedrinker stacks and helps a constant regen. It isn't for everyone and if I wasn't using this build, I'd probably use plague again.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After the plague nerf, I was told about the regen build floating around, it just fits more with the current build I'm using. Damage isn't an issue for me, considering all of my damage basically comes from tenes. High hit points on return is what I'm interested in, Lifedrinker helps with that especially considering our attack speed. Little maybe yes, however stacking abilites/pots at once with det Lifedrinker stacks and helps a constant regen. It isn't for everyone and if I wasn't using this build, I'd probably use plague again.

Yea, I am torn between plague/lifedrinker but also looking at holy avenger. Have you considered that? The greater holy avenger is over double the damage of lifedrinker (not a big deal) but it grants 10 seconds of 15% DR.. So in that 10 seconds if you WOULD have gotten hit for a total of even 15k, that just became 12750. So a 2250 difference. If you heal 66 each hit, you need to hit someone 34 times to get the "same effect" or the equiv effect, not to mention the damage helps some..

It gets even better if you get crit for 20k, its now roughly 17000 and so a 3000 difference = 45 times...

The ONLY draw back I see is that it can proc at bad times and it has a 1 min CD, but rally its 50 seconds since youll have it up for 10 and we all know how the serverside CDs work.

Seems like it could also run very well with G. Tene/GWF set up.

Thoughts?