test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Video #3 ( GWF ) All footage since "Balance" patch.

13»

Comments

• krewcifykrewcify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Yea, I am torn between plague/lifedrinker but also looking at holy avenger. Have you considered that? The greater holy avenger is over double the damage of lifedrinker (not a big deal) but it grants 10 seconds of 15% DR.. So in that 10 seconds if you WOULD have gotten hit for a total of even 15k, that just became 12750. So a 2250 difference. If you heal 66 each hit, you need to hit someone 34 times to get the "same effect" or the equiv effect, not to mention the damage helps some..

It gets even better if you get crit for 20k, its now roughly 17000 and so a 3000 difference = 45 times...

The ONLY draw back I see is that it can proc at bad times and it has a 1 min CD, but rally its 50 seconds since youll have it up for 10 and we all know how the serverside CDs work.

Seems like it could also run very well with G. Tene/GWF set up.

Thoughts?

I agree, I'd just simplify it to be honest, LD for regen/tank builds. PF for dps builds. No reason to over think some things for minimal results.
  • gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shultzilla wrote: »
    Looks to me like a P2W Sentinel build. Seeing Restoring Strike's HoT, yea it's a P2W Sentinel build. Nothing special here. Just the fotm.

How can a build be Pay to Win, this is the dumbest comment I keep seeing. First of all, there is no such thing as pay to win, its a misnomer. You are not winning anything, you are simply paying for convenience if anything. Secondly, even if there was such a thing as Pay to Win, how would that work with someones build? There are builds that are viable without insane gear, Sentinel GWF is one of them. You don't need jack **** and already the build is extremely strong. Clearly you have not been playing with/against competent people if you think the current tank-meta for GWFs is gear dependent (something that you can acquire without paying real money, its called playing the game. Such a novel idea, I know), it's not at all.
    krewcify wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Some of you asked for another, some flamed, either way an awesome video this time around! All since the "balance" patch! Here it is! Watch in HD - Enjoy & thank you for the support as always.

Not even gonna watch it. GWF needs some serious reworking, there is probably zero skill when it comes to managing your abilities with this class, a monkey could play this with ease. Tankier than the tankiest GF, ridiculous mobility and respectable damage (really good damage with tenebs, giving the best of both worlds while defeating the entire concept of a hybrid build <- you gain everything and lose nothing) makes this class currently the most OP in the game. GWFs are now a default class in pre vs pres because of this sillyness, just send one to a point and have them contest it all game, which requires you to either get another trollgwf to counter them, or get another troll gwf to go and do the same thing at another point. Otherwise you need 2-3 people to go back to a point to kill them, and you lose map control. What I really cant get over is how powerful this is while requiring the least amount of skill to be successful.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Beastmode GWF , awesome video shiny and **** . Enjoyed watching it - leveling a GWF right now .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    How can a build be Pay to Win, this is the dumbest comment I keep seeing. First of all, there is no such thing as pay to win, its a misnomer. You are not winning anything, you are simply paying for convenience if anything. Secondly, even if there was such a thing as Pay to Win, how would that work with someones build? There are builds that are viable without insane gear, Sentinel GWF is one of them. You don't need jack **** and already the build is extremely strong. Clearly you have not been playing with/against competent people if you think the current tank-meta for GWFs is gear dependent (something that you can acquire without paying real money, its called playing the game. Such a novel idea, I know), it's not at all.

Not even gonna watch it. GWF needs some serious reworking, there is probably zero skill when it comes to managing your abilities with this class, a monkey could play this with ease. Tankier than the tankiest GF, ridiculous mobility and respectable damage (really good damage with tenebs, giving the best of both worlds while defeating the entire concept of a hybrid build <- you gain everything and lose nothing) makes this class currently the most OP in the game. GWFs are now a default class in pre vs pres because of this sillyness, just send one to a point and have them contest it all game, which requires you to either get another trollgwf to counter them, or get another troll gwf to go and do the same thing at another point. Otherwise you need 2-3 people to go back to a point to kill them, and you lose map control. What I really cant get over is how powerful this is while requiring the least amount of skill to be successful.

TLDR: QQ...

You played a GF bro (apparently you dont now) and are complaining about GWF? Do they need to be reworked? Maybe... But so do TRs and GFs that literally 1 shot with perfect vorpals... If you take equally geared people with equal competence in the game, there really isnt 1 class that is truly "OP" as most claim...

Overall the PVP is actually fairly balanced except for tene builds (which you had).

Maybe we should all post on your stream about how OP tene is and takes "zero skill" and how a "monkey could play this with ease"...

Give the guy some props, he has great gear. Plays the class pretty well (youd be surprised at the competence level of some people who play GWFs) and is also posting vids to help people out...

I have both a GF and GWF and its not hard to lunge->bull-> frontline some1 to death either (which I have seen you do alot)... oh and you can block all incoming attacks with shift? THAT must take ALOT of skill...

Get off your high horse bro.
    edited July 2013
    krewcify wrote: »
    I agree, I'd just simplify it to be honest, LD for regen/tank builds. PF for dps builds. No reason to over think some things for minimal results.

Yeah I like LD set up since the regen is insane that you get coupled with gear... plague is also pretty dang good and so can vorpal be too..

Its all really a toss up it seems. Holy Avenger just has my interest cause it looks awesome compared to the other enchants... I wish we could change cosmetics of enchants too... Id make a Vorpal or PF yellow...
  • krewcifykrewcify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Easy with the flames kid, I've been playing this class since it was released. It's not my problem they made it way overpowered and broken. I wish they didn't change anything, I had a lot more fun winning my fights when people actually had a chance. You seem very upset because of what this company did to this class, I agree with your anger. Don't take it out on my thread though, been posting videos when there was only like 10 lvl 60 GWF's.
    edited July 2013
    Beastmode GWF , awesome video shiny and **** . Enjoyed watching it - leveling a GWF right now .

Haha glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the post.
  • shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

So 4 tene's make one Lesser Tenebrous. Fusing 4 Tene's has a 1% chance of success, so you're going to need to need the Coalescent Ward. 4 Lessers make Normal. 4 Normals make a Greater. Do the math. Now I'm not going to go through 5 pages to see if Krew is running Normals or Greaters. I'm not going to question how he got them either. It's none of my business and I could care less. The P2W in there comes from the sheer cost of AD and $ required for the build. What makes the Sentinel build so good is the sheer DPS from Tene's. Without the Tene's, the builds DPS is lack luster and a good Instigator can take down a Sentinel without them. I've seen maybe a handful in PvP [Beholder] and it was laughable without Tene's on them. They also could have just been really bad GWF's as 90% are.

I just lol'd at your second post. It wasn't even worth reading.
    edited July 2013
    shultzilla wrote: »
    So 4 tene's make one Lesser Tenebrous. Fusing 4 Tene's has a 1% chance of success, so you're going to need to need the Coalescent Ward. 4 Lessers make Normal. 4 Normals make a Greater. Do the math. Now I'm not going to go through 5 pages to see if Krew is running Normals or Greaters. I'm not going to question how he got them either. It's none of my business and I could care less. The P2W in there comes from the sheer cost of AD and $ required for the build. What makes the Sentinel build so good is the sheer DPS from Tene's. Without the Tene's, the builds DPS is lack luster and a good Instigator can take down a Sentinel without them. I've seen maybe a handful in PvP [Beholder] and it was laughable without Tene's on them. They also could have just been really bad GWF's as 90% are.

I just lol'd at your second post. It wasn't even worth reading.

If you played this game since open beta, lesser tenes use to sell for <30k AD before ppl knew how good they were... Thats how I made mine. I sold gear for hundreds of thousands AD and bought lesser tenes for 30k AD...

Also, you DONT need a ward to fuse lesser to normal or even to greaters. Its like a 30% chance of success so if you do the math roughly 1/3 times... Go buy a green ward for 4k each, get 5 of them for 20k and u can easily fuse a lesser to normal. Also normal to greater is 10% chance... well roughly 1/10 so buy 10 green wards for 40k and self yourself tons of AD. Maybe you should check something before complaining about it.

Back when ppl didnt know how good tene was, I used to be able to MAKE a GREATER tene for about 350k AD... so tell me how that is P2W?

7*350k = 2.45million... So 2 ancient drops that sell will get you that...

Today lesser tene sell for 3x what they did and greaters are up to 2 mil. you cant get them today... but back then, you could pretty easily if you knew about them...
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nice action, the music put me asleep though.
  • gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TLDR: QQ...

Then why did you bother writing all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? If you're not even going to read what I wrote then what are you arguing against moron.
    Overall the PVP is actually fairly balanced except for tene builds (which you had).

Lol, spoken like a true pugger, you're clueless, lol "Tene builds" haha
    I have both a GF and GWF and its not hard to lunge->bull-> frontline some1 to death either (which I have seen you do alot)... oh and you can block all incoming attacks with shift? THAT must take ALOT of skill...

Get off your high horse bro.

It's funny because I never even mentioned GF's at all, yet because you see that I've played one all of sudden you put words in my mouth so you have something to argue against (That's called strawmanning by the way, look it up - bro...)
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • klayl771klayl771 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Some1 asked b4 what gear set you use, you didn't answer, can you tell us what gear set you use?
    edited July 2013
    Then why did you bother writing all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? If you're not even going to read what I wrote then what are you arguing against moron.

Lol, spoken like a true pugger, you're clueless, lol "Tene builds" haha

It's funny because I never even mentioned GF's at all, yet because you see that I've played one all of sudden you put words in my mouth so you have something to argue against (That's called strawmanning by the way, look it up - bro...)

I read everything you wrote LOL! And yes "tene builds" each class has a set up built around "tene" enchants... Take them out of a sent GWF stacking HP and they cant kill anything. The build only works with tene enchants....

what does you mentioning GFs have to do with anything? In order for you to put down Krew saying it takes zero skill to play a GWF... You must think your uber leet sauce. so I looked you up and your vids. YOu played a GF with greater tenes and I watched your typical encounters... Lunge Bull Frontline some1 either to death or to 20% ish HP... Man that took serious skill...

My point being YOUR class that YOU seem to think makes you UBER LEET is pretty much on the same "no skill" level as a sent tene GWF... Now I agree the GWF setup is a little cheesier but nonetheless still doesnt take much skill to do the GF rotation...

SO, back to my point... Get off your high horse, you might be a good player but dont complain when you play a cheese class and a cheese build then come and trash talk another players video... You wouldnt like it if Krew went on your stream and started saying... "Not even gonna watch this, there is zero skill playing this class with this setup...."

I would wager that it actually takes MORE skill timing encounters on a GWF than a GF... GFs encounters are pretty simple to get off almost any time... Bull and frontline leave them prone for a long time and lunging well... how hard is that?!

GWF skills you atleast have to be within melee range AND flourish is easy to dodge... Not to mention Idom strike has a HUGE windup so you can block,dodge,blink away easily...

So again... get off YOUR high horse bro