Install Arc
Options

Nerfing Protecting Caravan

124»

Comments

• Options
    joshrandhalljoshrandhall Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    IMO - nerfing the community NEVER changes the bots - you want to fix the problems? Go after the bots and leave the community alone.

Don't know how? Figure it out - other games have!!!
  • Options
    adhal81adhal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If your not logging in to game every 2 hours try battle undead, thats what ive been using since I hate relogging into 6 chars every 2 (or less) hours, but honestly there are much more efficient ways to make AD
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i only do that for my daily AD income to rise, mostly for scroll and stuff that you use everyday and cost AD the reduction will affect me since i only have one char thinking of doing another XD but i think it will impact other true players :( if you are going to reduce the Ad increase the profession experience leadership takes to long to lv up
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    revealedrevealed Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Figures, after I farm a cat for my wife they Nerf Leadership so I can't get one for myself. 100 AD/hr/task (with only up to 3/char) isn't really that much. I feel like cryptic can find a different way to hurt bots instead of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with me. I have 5 chars, I probably average 5 PC's a day, so 15k AD/day now down to 7.5k AD/day.

Yes, I know I'm being whiny. Bah.
  • Options
    tyr216tyr216 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a sinking feeling that they're going to keep nerfing every in-game source of earning Astral Diamonds. That's what the folks did over in Guild Wars 2. They nerfed drop rates on anything that sells well on the AH to make farming for them take even longer, encouraging people to spend real money. Here in Neverwinter, they're making gear BoP so there goes that source of income. They're going after Leadership now. Next, they'll start reducing enchant drops, profession materials, maybe even daily quest rewards. Nothing's safe. The future of this game's economy will solely revolve around the Zen/AD conversion market.
  • Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    yep this change harms the normal players far more than the bots. If it drops by half a bot type player could just double the number of characters until the ad income is back up at a reasonable rate.

I've actually spent more time on the gateway professions than I have actually playing the game, mostly cause i can access the gateway at work and all the AD I've earnt has gone into buying leadership assets, if it gets nerfed I will probably also lose interest in the game as a whole.

Personally I think the ad to zen price has risen as there are less people buying ad now that a lot of people have got what they wanted, i mean after you're kited out whats left to spend it on?
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    utania wrote: »
    yep this change harms the normal players far more than the bots. If it drops by half a bot type player could just double the number of characters until the ad income is back up at a reasonable rate.

I've actually spent more time on the gateway professions than I have actually playing the game, mostly cause i can access the gateway at work and all the AD I've earnt has gone into buying leadership assets, if it gets nerfed I will probably also lose interest in the game as a whole.

Personally I think the ad to zen price has risen as there are less people buying ad now that a lot of people have got what they wanted, i mean after you're kited out whats left to spend it on?

Sadly that is true. If this is meant to combat bots, it won't work. The bots just double the character (or more account) and have it run twice as much. Since it is a bot, another instance is not going to kill them.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PTC diamonds are too high for the level, fine. But leadership XP for most tasks are WAY out of sync. At level 16, the BEST XP I can get is less than 100 per hour for most tasks. Many tasks give less than 10 xp per hour (80 in 8-12 hours? really?!) This compares to over 350 per hour for armor crafting (much, much more is possible with rare recipes, just talking basic pants every 20 min at 120 per go) --- but they take the same amount of XP per level.

Take out the diamonds, fine. (And 3 refugees is still more DPH than PTC quest). But please fix the rewards, both the chests (a level 2 healing potion??) and the XP, while fooling with it.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Don't know how? Figure it out - other games have!!!

No, they haven't. The market leading MMO, WoW, gave up on fighting bots. In PvP, in resource collecting, anywhere. And that is a game where you need a CD key per account. NWN is F2P, making it even harder.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    skuldarnskuldarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    Yep, they did indeed cut the AD reward in half. I'm out - done with this game and it's far-too-greedy devs. I deeply regret the $60 I already gave them, and neither Cryptic nor PWE will ever get another cent from me. I want them to know that their greed has now cost them a customer for life.
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    they just want to fck legit players and promote bot using bstards
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, in all honesty earning 3mil++++ AD a week from doing just Protect the caravan was ridiculous lol. That is literally for doing nothing especially if people can't even run CN at all.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    LAWL!!!!!

They nerf it to 100 instead of 200 and people are raging.....

Agreed that at low levels it is a great level up and AD getter...but once you get to the top end the only reason to use it is to not waste empty slots while you wait for the rares to cycle thru to something you actually want.
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    skuldarn wrote: »
    Yep, they did indeed cut the AD reward in half. I'm out - done with this game and it's far-too-greedy devs. I deeply regret the $60 I already gave them, and neither Cryptic nor PWE will ever get another cent from me. I want them to know that their greed has now cost them a customer for life.

I am in the exact same boat as you, sir, and I sympathize. It is a $60 lesson to never, ever, ever do business with PWE again, and to always play a Free To Play game for at least a month before you ever spend $1.

I have requested a refund of my Guardian Pack, based on PWE's false advertising that the packs contained exclusive in-game items which were available for a limited time. The Packs are now being sold in perpetuity with a different name and the Founder title removed. That is not what was stated or implied by PWE when they sold me my Founder's Pack.

I encourage you to also request a refund. If mine is denied I will be using the Better Business Bureau to try and resolve the issue.

http://www.bbb.org/
  • Options
    saultbawlzsaultbawlz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    I have 4 characters. I leveled all of them up to 60. I don't have 100 character slots farming ad every 2 hours. I have 4 character slots. I just feel I am being punished for what others are doing. (I am assuming they adjusted the ad gain to try and counter alt farming)

Now I was thinking. Wouldn't it be better for all concerned if they kept the ad gain the same, but moved "Protecting Caravan" to a higher skill level like maybe level 15 or so. That way all the farmers would need to take a long time to level their mules to get to the point where they could farm the ad, but legit players would not really feel the pain to much.

This is not game breaking issue for me. I am not crying and demanding a change or I quit. I was just wondering if they could have come up with a better way to combat the ad farming with a smaller impact on the legit community.

So this is my suggestion. Marry crafting level with character level. So that if a task gives AD (without gold outlay) like "protecting Caravan" Then it would take crafting level of 12, and character level of 60 (for instance)

Does anyone feel the same, or is this too small an issue to give thought to?

Thank you for reading and posting if you choose to.

Skalt
    I agree with you completely, there seems to be this mentality of punish everyone for a few bad eggs. I see it everywhere, like guns, instead of treating the real issue mental illness they think all guns should be banned. My nephew and everyone else can no longer bring their nintendo DS on the buses at the school district because one kid argued with another over it. It's a long ride on the bus where i live. One bad egg and now every bus has this rule. They could of made it so he couldnt bring his DS anymore and just him if he couldnt be mature about it but no, it's everyone that suffers.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    Now I was thinking. Wouldn't it be better for all concerned if they kept the ad gain the same, but moved "Protecting Caravan" to a higher skill level like maybe level 15 or so. That way all the farmers would need to take a long time to level their mules to get to the point where they could farm the ad, but legit players would not really feel the pain to much.

This is not game breaking issue for me. I am not crying and demanding a change or I quit. I was just wondering if they could have come up with a better way to combat the ad farming with a smaller impact on the legit community.

There is a way way way easier way to fix this it's just so simple to think of that no one actually stumbles upon it. Getting to leadership 15 is easy. Also getting to level 60 is easy as well. Botters can get to 60 in a week so if anything it's just the farming process being delayed a whole week. After that, you are back to what we have now.
  • Options
    xpaladinhxpaladinh Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really? People have 20 characters just to farm?

Why not change it back to 200AD/2hr? Either increase number of hours or limit the number of times/day it can be done to around 9 or 10 times. That's 2000AD. Pretty reasonable.
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have 8 chrs. One main Cleric. One of each other class, and others for leveling up professions/more slots to do things at once with.

Leveling up the non-Leadership professions is easier/faster, sure, but since I have the opportunity (I realize not everyone does, since they may only have one chr) to dedicate one chr. to Leadership only and another to, say, Mailsmithing only, I can say that I don't find that Leadership is actually all that far behind in leveling speed. My highest Leader is 17, my Tailoring reached 20 a couple days ago. Since lvl 13 I almost never use either of these "nerfed" tasks and it's still chugging along ok.

It *is* slower than the others, don't get me wrong. And if the tasks you feel like focusing on aren't the ones that are the most XP/hour efficient, even more so. But all this crying from 100AD less and a single task with another hour tacked on. Impatient generation... ;)

Leadership is the one profession that gives character XP, which even when you're level 60 may be helpful for leveling up new companions a bit faster, especially for more "casual" players. It's the one profession that gives any AD at all, for basically just clicking a button and walking away from the computer. So I guess what I'm saying is ... big deal. Still seems like a fair profession to me. Spend an extra hour doing something else and take your mind off of how it's too slow to level. Sheesh.

*waits for the insults to come at her* :)
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    ...and to always play a Free To Play game for at least a month before you ever spend $1.
    This is a lesson I learnt from playing Planetside 2. I would argue that 1 month isn't enough either, but that's less to do with ongoing balancing and more to do with future, unknown content, that may be "better" than what is currently available.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mrspuma wrote: »
    It *is* slower than the others, don't get me wrong. And if the tasks you feel like focusing on aren't the ones that are the most XP/hour efficient, even more so. But all this crying from 100AD less and a single task with another hour tacked on. Impatient generation... ;)

First off they didn't just nerf one mission. However much slower you thought leadership was, its worse now. Simply because they also nerfed the best mission for leadership XP.

Second. Its the way they went about it. They tend to nerf things instead of buffing all the others up to the level of the Protect Caravan mission. No one I know thought Leadership was at a good place balance wise. So imo a buff would have been logical.

Again, its just the way they handle things in general. Here is an example that doesn't have anything to do with profession. Many players that bought Worg mounts complained that the Worgs they bought were only half the size of the armored worg on display. Instead of making all the worgs large, they stealth-shrunk the display worg to make it tiny too.

Its the same thing with this. People complained that most leadership missions were useless. So they made the few that weren't bad terrible too.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xpaladinh wrote: »
    Really? People have 20 characters just to farm?

Why not change it back to 200AD/2hr? Either increase number of hours or limit the number of times/day it can be done to around 9 or 10 times. That's 2000AD. Pretty reasonable.

If you had bought character slots for this. And then they added such a change. What would your reaction be?
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D manuals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D manuals.

Astral Diamonds are apparently a thing in 4th ed. Not as a common "piles o' loot" currency, but.... /shrug

(I've gathered this from seeing various comments about the edition, so I could be wrong.)
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, everyone!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!