test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jagged Dancing Blade - companion bug

damarinasaidamarinasai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Well I few days ago I bought a rare companion called Jagged Dancing Blade for glory points. I found out it's bugged - it does not attack anyone, just standing and doing nothing. I tried moving to every map to check it, tried dissmissing it and summoning it back and nothing worked at all. Looks like it's a nice and happy blade that observes how I kill monsters. :)

Thank you.
Those who are allowed to shoot are those who are prepared to be shot.
Post edited by damarinasai on

Comments

• Options
    mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, he can't dance and fight at the same time.
  • Options
    zanarkheneldzanarkheneld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also having the same problem. A fix would be nice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'll just bumo this thread and wait till any staff replies. :)
  • Options
    canvleefcanvleef Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll just bumo this thread and wait till any staff replies. :)

Yep, same for me - it just sits there and does nothing.. really disappointing.
  • Options
    shadowbrethshadowbreth Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i had same problem with mine but simple dismiss and re summon solve problem for me.
    Tho u need to do it often when companion go to idle state.

2nd bug i noticed is that skin change don`t work at all.
  • Options
    makabremk4makabremk4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    Same here... bougth sword today... it refuses to attack... maybe once in 3 fights....
    waste of Astral-diamonds :-(
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same bug...
  • Options
    blazing992blazing992 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my dancing blade work just fine, but even at level 22 and filled with epic items the dmg he deal is completely ridiculous.
    "Nerf paper. Scissors are just fine. Thanks." - Rock
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Please keep bumping this thread so Cryptic staff might notice it :) thank you.
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think in general it would be nice to have some companion commands like aggressive, defensive and passive. Often times my cleric will run in to melee with the big boss only to be hosed by his AOE. This usually happens when I have no hit points :)
  • Options
    rm4g3dd0vrm4g3dd0v Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got a jagged blade and no game here too... blade atacks only if attacked to, and damage output is just pathetic. My guardian fighter companion outputs more damage (both are same level) FFS!!!

Fix please.... Scr3w the AH and the useless content like spider companions and dye packs and get down on fixing the darn game!
  • Options
    brutikusivbrutikusiv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine is bugged also, It's like rooted in place where ever it just so happens to stop when combat starts. If a monster gets close it'll occasionally attack once or twice but that's it. Needs it's movement and agro mapped directly from the man at arms as IMO he stays pretty busy for an AI companion.
  • Options
    brutikusivbrutikusiv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think in general it would be nice to have some companion commands like aggressive, defensive and passive. Often times my cleric will run in to melee with the big boss only to be hosed by his AOE. This usually happens when I have no hit points :)

Aww. I dream of the day a mmo gives companions the complexity of dragon age's companions. Even add to it a little and that'd be the PERFECT companion :D . Come on PERFECT World, hop to it ! :)
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they gave commands to everyone they every class would be a pet class. I'm sure they are saving 1 class that could summon multiple companions and have a bar setup so they can 'direct the actions of their companions'. but that's speculation.

best way to check for bugs like this. zone into the Trade of Blades (I think it's trade, could be something else) where the Target Dummies are and do 1 attack. Your companion will start to attack afterwards (or not if it's bugged). this is also great to check for their damage.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rofl how about go anywhere in the world as most of us have and attack a mob than sit for 3mins while your companion "apparently thinking it's his day to play an invisible banjo" sits there and does nothing ? Same thing no :????? .... /sigh
  • Options
    makabremk4makabremk4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    Still bugged... does not move to attack (only move once in a while when in combat)... i payed a lot of astral diamonds (at least a lot for my small diamonds purse)... so i wanna use it. :mad:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bumping thread again.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hello Cryptic staff!
  • Options
    domushdomush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bump, again
  • Options
    zepphyreezepphyree Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine is bugged aswell. Bump.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Heeeeeeeeello Cryptic staff, can you do something about this bug?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bummmmmmmmmp
  • Options
    darbisonhighdarbisonhigh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this is a very very very old bug. i reported on this over a month ago, and at that time, it was already a well known and old issue already. i suggested they remove the jagged dancing blade from the vendor, so people dont purchase a bugged companion. i have submitted 3 tickets on the issue with, get this.........ZERO response. nada, nothing......ZERO. if it is not effecting thier money, they dont care, that is a proven fact. im sure they will get to it eventually, but giving the jagged dancing blade AI that works doesnt sound like a difficult task.
  • Options
    darbisonhighdarbisonhigh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bump bump bump
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the reports, all! We're taking a look!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    capaszabicapaszabi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »

Ty. :)

Bump.
  • Options
    ladyengineerladyengineer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was hoping with the launch this would be fixed, but if anything it is worse than ever. He follows 15 steps behind, and stays there. If I move towards him, he sits out the fight. He ends the fight with full health (unless the mobs use AOE), so doesn't even siphon off damage. They really need to fix this.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    he will attack but only if enemy is in range. he will not move towards enemy once fight starts
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »

Thank you. Finally a reply :p
  • Options
    nesfillnesfill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I demand fix for my blade 2