What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Permanent stealth and pvp-reasonable???

124»

Comments

• shaduosshaduos Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    You being penalised isnt the be all and end all. If a class is being used in a way to break the boundries of what is reasonable then it needs to be changed. Its simple. I can boil it down to one issue with regards to your posts over an over again.

Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me

This game is so unbalanced in pvp and pve. Now that there is 20 man pvp the devs need to react or lose players. Now again you will say okay you leave dont pick on me .......

Expect the nerfbat but dont expect it to be balanced look at what the devs did to the CW and the buffs they gave to the GF and GWF.

Just relax and look at it from another classes point of view insead of your one limited view.

Buff Nerf Buff Nerf it goes on and on.
    To be fair no one wants to see their class get hit with a nerf bat especially a part of it the makes it different than the rest of the classes. But you are right that something has to be changed. It is going to take a while for things to get any sort of balance especially with the way cryptic handles balancing things. They always over tweak things.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    shaduos wrote: »
    I am not trying to take stealth away or even have it nerfed. I just want to see this perma-stealth BS go away. I am fine with you using Stealth as it is intended to take capture points or fight a boss, but there are those abusing something the Devs overlooked. I like rogue classes in most games and usually end up playing them, but we both agree perma-stealth is broke.

Yes, it seems we agree then. Sadly, PWI seems incapable of properly balancing game mechanics, so I fully expect the stealth mechanic to nerfed significantly without regard to those who use it fairly. What a mess.

I'd love to be surprised though.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    shaduos wrote: »
    To be fair no one wants to see their class get hit with a nerf bat especially a part of it the makes it different than the rest of the classes. But you are right that something has to be changed. It is going to take a while for things to get any sort of balance especially with the way cryptic handles balancing things. They always over tweak things.

I agree with your sentiments. Its just a badly designed class. Almost the worst development of a rogue ever. Permanent stealth its like they have no idea. Frankly if there wasnt PVP then i wouldnt care but now its going to force you into 20man PVP.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    Yes, it seems we agree then. Sadly, PWI seems incapable of properly balancing game mechanics, so I fully expect the stealth mechanic to nerfed significantly without regard to those who use it fairly. What a mess.

I'd love to be surprised though.

Sadly i doubt you will. Youve no doubt seen the changes they made to the GWF.
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    My 1st character was a GF. I had issues vs. TRs when I first started to PvP. I rolled a TR and then realized they are not OP and went back to my GF.

There is NO OP class as each class has a role in PvP/PvE.

Yes Sir so many ppl can't understand these simple logic. YOU CAN'T BALANCE ALL THE CLASSES BECAUSE THEY HAVE DIFFERENT ROLES IN PVE. The reason gender equality in these world took thousands of years to obtain is because male and female is different in terms of physical features and their role in the family. Until now male and female still doesn't have 100% equality just like in games, Classes can't be balance in PvP. Although I got to admit mybe perma stealth build is kinda OP, but my solution for these build is to allow enemies to see where the daggers are coming from, but while the TR is in stealth he must have a 40% evasion/dodge rate and +10% damage resistance and when a rogue is only 3.5 meters away and attacking the same target for 4 secs the target must have a vision of the TR and the TR will be vulnerable to any attacks. Campfires must be unlock when they were able to kill a certain monster that will unlock the campfire. Daggers while in stealth is also part of kiting GWF and GF since they can't trade blows with them and they aren't only use in range rogue build that's why we can't just disable the rogues to use daggers while in stealth or show where they are when they attack.
    SIGNATURE
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's like people just don't want to read, only keep on pushing their own opinions through.

How many times do these guys actually have to read that you can see TR's in stealth before they realize perma-stealth isn't that much of a deal?

Barking up the wrong tree folks, and making a mess of it.
  • shaduosshaduos Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    It's like people just don't want to read, only keep on pushing their own opinions through.

How many times do these guys actually have to read that you can see TR's in stealth before they realize perma-stealth isn't that much of a deal?

How many times are you not going to read that you can only see them at a close range. It isn't like you can see them from 10 feet away, they have to be almost on top of you, at least within striking distance. CoB allows them to stay out of the sight range, but I guess you just didn't read everything. You just read a little here and there.
  • chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yerune wrote: »

It people like you just don't want to read, only keep on pushing your stray opinions through.

How many times do you actually read that by the time you see TR and figured where they are in stealth, you are pretty much dead. Isn't that much of a deal?

Barking up the wrong root pal, and totally making a fool out of yourself.
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chipster wrote: »
    It people like you just don't want to read, only keep on pushing your stray opinions through.

How many times do you actually read that by the time you see TR and figured where they are in stealth, you are pretty much dead. Isn't that much of a deal?

Barking up the wrong root pal, and totally making a fool out of yourself.

They're just too freaking stupid to comprehend it. They think because they're crappy players who can't kill someone even with permastealth that it isn't broken, and fail to realize that any half decent TR with a permastealth build can kill you (or at least 80% of you) FROM RANGE without ever revealing themselves aside from a very brief chance to come closer to refill their stealth bar.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chipster wrote: »

I run a permastealth build TR, and respectfully I believe you are incorrect. In my experience, permastealth shreds inexperienced players but skilled PvP'ers know a number of ways to properly counter that. After the last patch my TR dies in PvP far more often than before, and CW's and GWF's in particular are able to utterly destroy TR's unless they are stealthed and using Impossible to Catch.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Tired of stealth. If you want to stealth perma, pot perma. I leave and find a real fight. its a win win for me. You get no glory cause you use nub tactics. I get glory in a real pvp match when I find one.