test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nerfing Protecting Caravan

Comments

• stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    giggliato wrote: »
    If we eliminated trade and simply gave players rewards for playing, the farmers would cease to exist. It is hard to imagine an enjoyable MMO experience without trade, but that does not mean that the idea is impossible.

Mythic tried that in Warhammer. It was a dreadful design choice and was admitted as such further down the line. Reasonable to suggest but didn't work out in practice.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Yes. According to the preview server patch notes they cut the AD reward in half. This knocked it down from the second most AD per hour efficient* mission to one of the worst.

*Their are more efficient missions, but they require materials obtained from yet more missions.

Well that is disappointing. I've already put time into levelling Leadership as a profession to gain AD since I don't have the time to run multiple skirmishes, dungeon and foundry events for the daily event requirements.
    I'd be more in favor of them dedicating more resources to their anti-botting software rather than nerfing this mission though, as it won't affect much except the bots moving on to the next best thing until you can flush the entire profession down the toilet if they nerf each and every one of them.

This
  • endagonendagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    [*]Leadership: The rewards for several tasks have been updated, as well as the contents of Leadership chests.
    • Rank 3: Extended Guard Duty: A medium chest has been added to the rewards for this task.
    • Rank 4: Protect Caravan: The Astral Diamond reward for this task has been lowered to 100.
    • Rank 4: Protect Local Merchant: 150 XP and a medium chest have been added to the rewards for this task.
    • Rank 5: Explore: The time to complete this task has been increased to 2 hours.
    • Rank 5: Raid Supply Cache: 450 XP has been added to the rewards for this task.
    • Rank 6: Protect Survey Team: 2 Silver has been added to the rewards for this task.
    • Small Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 1.
    • Medium Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 3, but the Healing Potion count has been increased to 2.
    • Large Chest: The number of skill items given by this chest has been reduced to 6, but the Greater Healing Potion count has been increased to 2.
    • Very Large Chest: The Greater Healing Potion count given by this chest has been increased to 7.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?365451-Patch-Notes-NW-3-20130529z-20

Not really bad changes, Protecting Caravan is to good of ad per hour for no item requirement and only at rank 4(easy to get to), would rather seen them add an item requirement(such as map) or moved it up in rank. Would also have rather seen them increase the number of resource items dropped in chests to make some of the middle tasks more rewarding.
  • stercogburnstercogburn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    do you finish it via gateway?
    then you do get the ADS, just not as rough ones but normal ones

The problems are with gateway, but I'm not sure or not if the amount of refined has increased. I'll test this out tonight if I get a chance. When I'm playing, I normally have the gateway up on another PC as its easier to see when stuff finishes rather than switching between toons all the time.
    Roo. Cleric. Mad as a bag of badgers, will heal for beer.

Ancient Shadows: Mature. Sensible. Custard.
    Recruitment info at: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?462591-Ancient-Shadows-Become-a-Lion-Tamer-without-learning-Chartered-Accountancy-first!&highlight=ancient+shadows
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zikks wrote: »
    You are already limited to doing it 3 at a time so even if you have all your slots open you still can't do more than 600 AD every 2 hours per character yet they still nerfed it.

Missing the point.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problems are with gateway, but I'm not sure or not if the amount of refined has increased. I'll test this out tonight if I get a chance. When I'm playing, I normally have the gateway up on another PC as its easier to see when stuff finishes rather than switching between toons all the time.

I am (fairly) sure I did this on the same computer (gateway open and playing the game) before. Or did you meant second monitor?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I have to agree...

I guess the realized too many players were doing protect the caravan rather than the higher tier rewards. IMO that's a reason to increase the higher tier rewards rather than nerf one of the few good time:rewards leadership offers.
  • endofendsendofends Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Notice how they nerf it right before a 2x astral diamonds event begins?
    edited June 2013
    endofends wrote: »
    Notice how they nerf it right before a 2x astral diamonds event begins?

LOLZ - good spot. It is the double professional node profession fun again....
  • druidofdisasterdruidofdisaster Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    Gateway makes botting the professions worthy of this nerf....
    But in the end the bots are still going to be generating free AD for cheaters.
    I'm not saying it was humans, but it was humans.
  • sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    azahron wrote: »
    Since I actually have 6 characters that did this for a while, it's not as impressive as you make it sound - with three craftsmen doing it on each character that is 600 AD/2 hours times 6 for the characters that means 3.6k AD/2 hours.
    Provided you have nothing to do, or you are willing to take a break from whatever you are doing every two hours consistently you could do this a good six-seven times a day or so? Across a twelve hour period or so, assuming we're not dealing with some kind of botter.

So that makes 21-25k AD that you can make in a day if I'm not mistaken.
    In the meanwhile there are players at the max level that can easily earn 50k AD (and I've seen much, much higher numbers than that) from ninja'ing purples from their groupmates and selling them.
    It's also incredibly boring and takes much more time than one would think - either logging into game and constantly relogging for a good five minutes or so, or constantly swapping characters on the Gateway and manuevering through all the menus.
    If you do 2 Tier 2 DDs a day you should make 500k/day, even more.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This is ridiculous. Every way to make AD in this game is being nerfed. Why don't they just remove the Zen/AD exchange system? This is maddening. They advertise this game with the salespoint, "You can afford everything when in game currency", but consistently neuter the methods of actually making it. They nerfed profession nodes, are changing epic gear to BoP, and are now making professions themselves less rewarding? At this point I feel like the entire Zen/AD exchange is disingenuous. If there's no way of effectively farming AD, the everything in the zen shop is unobtainable. The Daily Quests are a pittance.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »

Until all the epic gear becomes BoP.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    This is ridiculous. Every way to make AD in this game is being nerfed. Why don't they just remove the Zen/AD exchange system? This is maddening. They advertise this game with the salespoint, "You can afford everything when in game currency", but consistently neuter the methods of actually making it. They nerfed profession nodes, are changing epic gear to BoP, and are now making professions themselves less rewarding? At this point I feel like the entire Zen/AD exchange is disingenuous. If there's no way of effectively farming AD, the everything in the zen shop is unobtainable. The Daily Quests are a pittance.

I think they should actually remove AD gain from professions as it is trivially easy to exploit by botters, and increase the daily rewards, maybe by 50% or so.

Problem solved - those that play get more AD and their AD is worth a lot more since botters aren't bringing insane amount of AD into the market.
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I think they should actually remove AD gain from professions as it is trivially easy to exploit by botters, and increase the daily rewards, maybe by 50% or so.

Problem solved - those that play get more AD and their AD is worth a lot more since botters aren't bringing insane amount of AD into the market.

Except they won't do this. They'll just nerf professions and keep dailies where they are.

Every week they do something disappointing. I just don't get it.
    edited June 2013
    possum440 wrote: »
    You folks are so precious, like little lost children, each grabbing for the next shinycoin that PWE tosses to the ground at your feet. Not to be mean or anything but PWE and Cryptic is in this to make money from their ZEN shop, they will leave nothing in game that will give you decent AD sources and that also means the end of the epic gear Ad bonanzas.

The only thing that will be left shortly is the people with cash buying ZEN to get AD and trade the occasional profession asset or mount on the AH. And really, who do you think regulates the ZEN to AD prices? The players, with demand? So funny.

Eh, at the end of this day this little lost child wouldn't have spent 200$ on this increasingly disappointing game. So at least I have that to be happy about.
  • endagonendagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013

Basically that would destroy Leadership.
    edited June 2013
    endagon wrote: »
    Basically that would destroy Leadership.

Well of course you make sure Leadership provides something else instead of AD. Perhaps more gold or useful items such as injury kits/potions.
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Everything PWE does is designed to try and force people to drag out their credit cards to buy Zen. They are the greediest bunch of money-grubbing scam-artists I have ever encountered. AD can be converted to Zen. Everyone knows Protect the Caravan is the only Profession Task worth doing. So they cut the AD reward in half. Wow.

I, and no one in my family, will ever play a PWE game again. I hope PWE goes out of business asap. There is no compelling reason other than forcing people to buy Zen for them to nerf a god-forsaken Leadership Profession Task.
  • teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »

Personally I do a couple runs/T2's a day during DD hours. I make NOWHERE near 500K a day doing this. Not even flippin close when averaged out. I've gone near two weeks in one case with nothing over about 10-15K(per drop). So no, I don't think @most@ will be earning 500K a day doing two DD hours. Yikes, I wish! lol. I'm glad you're lucky, some of us are not hehe.
  • teflondon75teflondon75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well of course you make sure Leadership provides something else instead of AD. Perhaps more gold or useful items such as injury kits/potions.

I'm curious, have you leveled leadership? It takes FAR longer than other crafts, My two rank 18's take several days(like 5?) to rank up even once now and that is with heavy work on them. Injury kits, some extra gold and potions is nowhere near going to excite anybody after doing a couple months of work to get to rank 20. Especially not when you can do another trade, take 1/3th the time getting to rank 20 and after some investments start making huge profits on shirts/pants. Sorry, but I and likely many other legit players would feel completely bent over with all that time and work put into them to only receive some extra gold hehe. @shrugs@
    edited June 2013
    Personally I do a couple runs/T2's a day during DD hours. I make NOWHERE near 500K a day doing this. Not even flippin close when averaged out. I've gone near two weeks in one case with nothing over about 10-15K(per drop). So no, I don't think @most@ will be earning 500K a day doing two DD hours. Yikes, I wish! lol. I'm glad you're lucky, some of us are not hehe.

I don't think you understand how fast set groups can run (*cough* exploit *cough*) various dungeons still, especially Castle Never....
    edited June 2013
    I'm curious, have you leveled leadership?

Yes I have leveled leadership - on 9 toons actually. Thing is, I realise that the massive botting is destroying the AD:ZEN market, while consumables are always needed at endgame. So if I can get enough gold / consumables from leadership to play at endgame without having to worry about running out of gold, then I will be okay, if not happy, with this.
    edited June 2013
    Yes I have leveled leadership - on 9 toons actually. Thing is, I realise that the massive botting is destroying the AD:ZEN market, while consumables are always needed at endgame. So if I can get enough gold / consumables from leadership to play at endgame without having to worry about running out of gold, then I will be okay, if not happy, with this.

That is really what Alchemy should be, end game potions/consumables, and outside of buying potions/consumables what would you really use gold for?
    edited June 2013
    endagon wrote: »
    That is really what Alchemy should be, end game potions/consumables, and outside of buying potions/consumables what would you really use gold for?

True that is what Alchemy should be but I can't find anything else worthwhile to give Leadership. Probably Alchemical potions should be slightly stronger and have additional effects compared to the 'standard' ones from Leadership. And I said Gold/Consumables precisely because they are pretty inter-changeable.
  • kondarickondaric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PWE put away the nerf bats . Quit punishing the legit players,jeez.
    edited June 2013
    True that is what Alchemy should be but I can't find anything else worthwhile to give Leadership. Probably Alchemical potions should be slightly stronger and have additional effects compared to the 'standard' ones from Leadership. And I said Gold/Consumables precisely because they are pretty inter-changeable.

Like I said you would basically kill Leadership....
  • pwskballpwskball Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nerf or no nerf doesnt make a diff you will never catch up with the exploiters that are still in the game.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Leadership boxes should drop injury kits and ID scrolls as well as the stuff they already drop.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Leadership boxes should drop injury kits and ID scrolls as well as the stuff they already drop.

Actually bound ID scrolls also sound like a good idea.