test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do you think this game needs to be improved?

lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It needs more endgame content like dungeons things to do. GG was a fail so far that needs to be fixed and more needs to be added.

We also would stand better with more character classes or paragons for them at least.

MOre pvp stuff also, like something more then 5v5 . Dualing option is needed also More maps and more then domination battles.

If you cant create the content needed. Then give the foundry more options to do so. Give the foundry peoples tools to make pvp and endgame stuff.

Zen prices also come one please that is going to loose more people then you might think.

What are some other suggestions? And dont say well its free to play they cant do all of this. They are making alot of money already with the over priced zen store. What are some real suggestions please.

PS: also we all know the bugs and exploits need to be fixed so dont say that either. And the Customer service we all know sucks so that should be a no brainer also.
Post edited by lostmarbleshere on

Comments

• Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    before anything new, my vote goes on fixing all the bugs. numerous feats that do not work. dungeon exploits. CN 2/4 getting farmed every day, ancient jewelery (high quality) sold for 5-20k AD. skips for numerous dungeons, the whole progression/system of the game is a bit of a mess. GWFs still need a valuable role (pve).

Then i would like to see an additional paragon tree for each class.
    More pvp stuff (somehow make pvp a bit more fun, everyone needs to have a 50% damage reduction/resistance or something), its so easy to kill people. more maps 10v10 etc.
    Guild related content.
    Foundry improvements (give them a seperate foundry only currency for special cosmetics, doesnt apply to quests done more than once).
    Endgame zones rather than just dungeons.

BUGS FIXED FIRST PLOX!
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    senrathmenrusenrathmenru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Of the non bug things, I'd like more endgame content and more Paragon paths.
  • Options
    toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    more interesting boss fights
  • Options
    naruonnaruon Member Posts: 37
    edited June 2013
    Traps in dungeons need to be more than a minor inconvenience, in fact you should be severely hurt if you don't have a rogue to find and disarm traps.

Clerics should be healers and not potions! you should be able to have a cleric companion who can heal you like a potion currently does.

Clerics should be able to raise dead! I cant believe this isnt the case atm!

Dying in the quest should have more consequences like unless you can be raised you have to release and start again (which is what D&D used to be like)

there are probably more but i will start with these.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I would have to say traps in dungeons they need to be random and deadly, boss fights have to be more than just endless spawns of adds. Also give us some puzzles to figure out, gives us dungeons that are more than just kill Kill.

As for cleric raising the dead...sure as long as it is the way it is in the books, meaning a lengthy ceremony and not just heal this sick child This isn't wow we don't need insta rez.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Good ideas keep them coming. Maybe the dev's might actually listen to these ideas.

I like the traps idea it has to be to the point of being deadly at least.

And puzzles please puzzles was a major thing in DnD dungeons.
  • Options
    senrathmenrusenrathmenru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    naruon wrote: »
    Clerics should be able to raise dead! I cant believe this isnt the case atm!

Yeah, I'd like it if Clerics could rez like they can in 4e (which this game is based on). Click to start rezing, come back 8 hours later to see if it worked.
  • Options
    warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fix all the features that don't work. fix companions to make them actually worth it besides just the ioun stone. Things just don't make sense, there are tons of things that are completely worthless or broken.

Make the boss fights less <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

No endgame content, races, or professions until what we already have works and makes sense.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I would have to say traps in dungeons they need to be random and deadly, boss fights have to be more than just endless spawns of adds. Also give us some puzzles to figure out, gives us dungeons that are more than just kill Kill.

As for cleric raising the dead...sure as long as it is the way it is in the books, meaning a lengthy ceremony and not just heal this sick child This isn't wow we don't need insta rez.

I was thinking more along the lines of 3.5 style where at level 8 or 9 you can raise dead to a quarter of their hit points then at later levels half then full...
  • Options
    trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Boss fights in dungeons, adds as a mechanic are boring... and annoying,
    Companions of all types need to be useful, not just Cats and stones.
    PVP - just remove it, the community as a whole will be better and the crying for "balance" will end.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    naruon wrote: »
    I was thinking more along the lines of 3.5 style where at level 8 or 9 you can raise dead to a quarter of their hit points then at later levels half then full...

That, uh, isn't how 3.5 rezes worked. The main one you get at level 9 takes a minute to cast, brings them back with HP equal to their level, oh, and permanently drops their level by one. The other one you can get at level 9 takes almost no time to cast, but has to be cast almost immediately after the person dies and brings them back with -1 HP. Oh, and both are expensive to cast.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    That, uh, isn't how 3.5 rezes worked. The main one you get at level 9 takes a minute to cast, brings them back with HP equal to their level, oh, and permanently drops their level by one. The other one you can get at level 9 takes almost no time to cast, but has to be cast almost immediately after the person dies and brings them back with -1 HP. Oh, and both are expensive to cast.

ok my mistake :) i think clerics should be able to rez but there must be penalties for dying like temporary hitpoint loss and equipment damage etc just to even things out.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    One thing we NEED is the bot users taken care of.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It needs more endgame content like dungeons things to do. GG was a fail so far that needs to be fixed and more needs to be added.

We also would stand better with more character classes or paragons for them at least.

GG was a major yawn...that was the big launch content? I was also expecting the drow race at launch but that was non-existent. Since they seem to be expecting Foundry to keep the game alive, they need to improve the foundry rewards for toons above level 59, at least.
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A crafting system that isn't a boring time sink so I have a viable alternative to hack and slash.

The ability to re-enter skirmishes that we out-leveled before we were able to complete them.

More classes and paragon paths.

The ability to re-set our characters, possibly with a stat bonus so there is an incentive to replay content.

Get rid of the gear score system.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    <snip although it is worth reading>

More classes and paragon paths.

<snip, not that I completely agree but it is worth reading>

I had forgotten, we were promised more paragon paths for launch, thanks chaddiwicker.
  • Options
    coopoorcoopoor Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am about halfway thur lvling my !st char an i read the above it seems just like every other mmo game nothing to do at endgame but the same old same old runs day after day. Sadly the people who make the decisions often move to slow for the players liking's but i would like too see more levels more instances an some territory wars cleric's with the ability to Resurrection skill should be added Maybe some different classes of characters . The pvp zones are nice for the individual but do nothing for a guild for this game too become more guild based territory wars should be started with some sort of prizes for winning without this guilds become a chit chat center which can easily be done in private messages> As far As what i have read from above statement all are good an need to be looked into
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    We keep hearing the same things over and over again, but pretty much nothing seems to be getting done to improve the game.

I think the dev's could at least put out statment about the state of the game as is, and what they are doing to improve it.
  • Options
    gelatin1gelatin1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Billing. Worst payment system I've ever encountered online, of any business type.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    another year in beta
  • Options
    heru15heru15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see Dragonborn, Paladins, Rangers, More class builds, Whatever happened to the cleric that wields a mace and shield. Maybe I am too old school.
  • Options
    cedwyncedwyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I enjoyed the leveling to 60- it was a fun journey, especially as the entire thing was free. However, Cryptic utterly failed in creating meaningful endgame content. All bosses have the same exact mechanic, and frankly it's boring after awhile. I was holding out hope for GG- but it was essentially more of the same. I'm going to finish leveling my current toon, but I have no doubt that Neverwinter will soon join the many other MMOs I played for a few months and then never touched again.

It is free, so I'll keep an eye out- if the devs ever decide to create meaningful endgame content, it -might- lure me back. However, their big launch content being GG showed me that the Cryptic developers are either unable or unwilling to create meaningful endgame content that doesn't leave me bored to tears.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    another year in beta

^^^^^This.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I think alot of the problems that people complain about are due to the 4e rules completely changing many of the classes into a narrowed down version of the old ones... the rogue for example went from a backstabbing stealth trap disarming character to a massive DPS assassin and not much more. Also it seems the action combat has forced Cryptic to dumb down the spell casters into key combo spell casters ie Q, E, R, tab, 1 & 2 etc The spells available seem to be way less that in 3.5e.
  • Options
    luminadragonluminadragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    More classes, better voice acting (I mute it, it's worse than the One Piece and Naruto dub), and other options for control systems - I'm playing an MMO, not an FPS. I appreciate something different but the aiming thing really isn't all that intuitive with moving targets and clumps of targets seeing the "lets just keep throwing adds in" is the only real mechanic. I know I could "get used to it" or I can play something else where I'm not having to learn yet another control setup. Also the fact I've had a target run by during a cast and become the new target of my spell? Please have more control options.

From what I can tell the lack of content and no open world to find more side quests and content won't hold my interest unless others are playing and I join them. But this means I won't feel compelled to contribute more to the development.
  • Options
    bbzeldbbzeld Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *More Classes & Races

*Another method of Exp gain choice such as grinding mobs for EXP instead of easy quest to quest constantly or new Quest lines per area

*All players Level displayed if enabled.

*A new armor dye that is permanent to your character upon changing out gear pieces.

*Better Rewards for time spent from the Professions system

*Option to Auto Choose NEED,GREED,PASS on loots
  • Options
    canthrocanthro Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would like to see Guild territories, or at least Guild Halls. Preferably something we can we can design our selves with a Foundry type editor. Have all guild members able to contribute astral diamonds to the guild fund and use the AD's from the fund to buy a plot and the building components.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Another thing the Guild Fund would be good for is getting the guild bank repositories. Have all members able to donate Astral Diamonds to the guild fund and then when 150000 AD is reach Guild founder can use it to open the repository.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013

MOre pvp stuff also, like something more then 5v5 . Dualing option is needed also More maps and more then domination battles.

If you cant create the content needed. Then give the foundry more options to do so. Give the foundry peoples tools to make pvp and endgame stuff.

Zen prices also come one please that is going to loose more people then you might think.

What are some other suggestions? And dont say well its free to play they cant do all of this. They are making alot of money already with the over priced zen store. What are some real suggestions please.

PS: also we all know the bugs and exploits need to be fixed so dont say that either. And the Customer service we all know sucks so that should be a no brainer also.

You've been complaining for months on these forums and are obviously still here so they must be doing something right...
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Give us the dye drops that were mentioned at the beginning of the game. My primary is level 60 and the only dye he has ever seen is what was emailed to him when he started out.