test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Next balance patch...

barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Dear Cryptic/PWE I want to ask when can we expect some major PvP balance changes? Cuz you know being 1-hited by a Tank class, while being almost 12k gs tr with a really good gear is pretty insane. Being knocked/cced from 100 to 0 hp is also not really nice. And jesus, what did you do to those poor clerics? I can kill most of them in 2-4 sec:/ You're probably aware of those things (or at least you should be) so I'm asking again when are you plan to bring next "big" balance patch?
Post edited by barq3t on

Comments

• alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When a GF can take your TR out in 2 or 3 shots, and a TR can take a DC out in seconds, isn't that something like balance? It sounds to me like you don;t have enough anecdotal information to fully consider Balance. Re-think what you're seeing a bit before you blame balance. You just may not be accustomed to it, so you're having a hard time recognizing it.
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They are gonna have to separate pvp and pve builds somehow..they end up <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up both. Balancing has got to be a nightmare. It's no wonder the other paragon lines aren't open yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That's why games like WoW added resilience.
  • jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know how did it happen but a TR hit 23,000 to me with a critical strike once and I have 21,000 health. I'm a 10k GS TR myself. Not that I would play much PVP but since we're complaining here :P
  • kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Yes why is that no developer besides a very very few realize that PVP skills need to be DIFFERENT from PVE skills....we get watered down krappy classes because of the neverending whines and complaints around PVP. I mean these classes already started based off older watered down (becasue of PVP adjustment) classes from MMOs.....Healers in this game absolutely suck to play and lack any kind of dynamics and I can't help but think its in part Cryptic did not want them OPed in PVP.
  • soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hi, im a cleric with 11k gs, and if i cant dodge the GF first knocking up, then im 100% sure died. The GF can knock you up 3 times a row, and you can't do anything against it. EVEN my TR-s imposibble to catch skill doesnt work either. WTF?

And this happens also with GWF. If he's knocing up me, then im dead for sure.
  • a2ura2ur Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    leshil40 wrote: »

Thats why games like WoW added second spec so you dont have to run pvp in pve spec or vice versa. There should be second spec in Neverwinter even if we had to pay zen for it.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Delete this message.
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Delete this message.
    edited June 2013
    barq3t wrote: »
    Dear Cryptic/PWE I want to ask when can we expect some major PvP balance changes? Cuz you know being 1-hited by a Tank class, while being almost 12k gs tr with a really good gear is pretty insane. Being knocked/cced from 100 to 0 hp is also not really nice. And jesus, what did you do to those poor clerics? I can kill most of them in 2-4 sec:/ You're probably aware of those things (or at least you should be) so I'm asking again when are you plan to bring next "big" balance patch?

1- one hited by tank class? im a TR and that never happened to me , you must be horrible then.
    2- a Well Geared cleric can kite and dodge TR's hits and even kill them...

Don't complain in forums just because someone is outplaying your strategies.
    soulwhisp wrote: »
    Hi, im a cleric with 11k gs, and if i cant dodge the GF first knocking up, then im 100% sure died. The GF can knock you up 3 times a row, and you can't do anything against it. EVEN my TR-s imposibble to catch skill doesnt work either. WTF?

And this happens also with GWF. If he's knocing up me, then im dead for sure.

You didn't expect to have a DC that is immune to every **** did you? else you will be alive the whole time healing your allies endlessly and make them immortal.

You are a healer , your Role is to cast AS around your allies and healing the DPS even while being focused , just dodge around and use your Shift button. You aren't a killer , you a healer.

I don't know how did it happen but a TR hit 23,000 to me with a critical strike once and I have 21,000 health. I'm a 10k GS TR myself. Not that I would play much PVP but since we're complaining here :P

Thats lurker assault's Daily mixed with lashing blade , i hit up to 34k with it.
  • gyridhgyridh Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    1- one hited by tank class? im a TR and that never happened to me , you must be horrible then.
    I agree, this is flat out impossible in almost every conceivable situation. I do believe clerics have a tough time in PVP atm though, they currently need to kill/assist to get score and are pretty squishy when focused on.
    edited June 2013
    gyridh wrote: »
    I agree, this is flat out impossible in almost every conceivable situation. I do believe clerics have a tough time in PVP atm though, they currently need to kill/assist to get score and are pretty squishy when focused on.

No they aren't squishy.A good cleric with Azure enchantments can tank and kite for abit (even their gear gives them some defense). However if they are left alone they will end up dead. But that's what a DC is made for, to support their team not to kill enemies.
  • tyr216tyr216 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GF's the most overpowered class in PvP right now. The TR is a close second, and needs to be toned down alittle, but at least the TR takes damage when you attack them. The GF has chain CC, high damage output, and survivability. They have to give up one of those to be balanced. There's got to be a trade-off. A tank's job in PvP is supposed to be about control and survivability, yet the GF hits harder than every other class besides the TR right now. How can anyone say that's balanced?
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    @ alaric63

Something like balance? Well i guess it would be some kind of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> balance if a cleric would kill a gf in 2 shots but guess what? GF can pwn him as fast as every other class in this game. Anyway this topic is not about if is PvP in a game balanced, cause everyone whos pvping know it isn't, and there's lots of posts mentioning what is wrong, and most of them says about same things. Question is are they going to change something and is it gonna be any soon? Sry for my english, peace.
    edited June 2013
    tyr216 wrote: »
    GF's the most overpowered class in PvP right now. The TR is a close second, and needs to be toned down alittle, but at least the TR takes damage when you attack them. The GF has chain CC, high damage output, and survivability. They have to give up one of those to be balanced. There's got to be a trade-off. A tank's job in PvP is supposed to be about control and survivability, yet the GF hits harder than every other class besides the TR right now. How can anyone say that's balanced?

If you are a DPS class and having issues taking down a GF , then sorry you are a bad DPS.

You can easily kite a GF if you "dodge" everytime he approaches. Not to mention he is very CC-able.

As a rogue i get my impossible to catch up and go DPS the hell outta him, i step back throw my daggers and wait for my encounters to cool down (if he isn't dead by then).

If a his knock backs are finishing you off , then you weren't careful enough. We don't need Tanks that absorb damage and do nothing in return seriously.

PvP isn't about owning everyone in 1 vs 1, it is about completing objectives and understanding your role to eventually end up victorious.
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013

.. and that's why I no longer play WoW.

I don't like spending hours running dungeons for the best gear in the game, only to be told I can't use it whenever I want.
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you are a DPS class and having issues taking down a GF , then sorry you are a bad DPS.

You can easily kite a GF if you "dodge" everytime he approaches. Not to mention he is very CC-able.

As a rogue i get my impossible to catch up and go DPS the hell outta him, i step back throw my daggers and wait for my encounters to cool down (if he isn't dead by then).

If a his knock backs are finishing you off , then you weren't careful enough. We don't need Tanks that absorb damage and do nothing in return seriously.

PvP isn't about owning everyone in 1 vs 1, it is about completing objectives and understanding your role to eventually end up victorious.

Yep but we don't need tanks who hit 20k crit on you... wish i made a screen shot when that happened today to me. t2 set/gemmed exquisite pants and shirt/ rank 7+enchants on me...
  • gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    for the rogues, clerics wizards the reason is not because gf or gwf, its because you have def and defl of a lvl 12. Every time I inspect a rogue, cleric, wizard, most of the time they have 500 def, 800 defl. Or the other way around or around that much, that's most of the time I have inspect rogue, cleric, wizard; Increase your def and defl and you will see what is happening not happen.
  • tyr216tyr216 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yet a good GF can solo nodes, bursting players down in two to four hits without even taking a scratch. The only time a good GF goes down is when he has multiple people on him, and even then he's taking at least one of them with him. GF's not only have high survivability and chain stuns, but they also have the second highest damage output in PvP right now. That's not balanced no matter how you try to paint it.
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From my point of view they can do two different things to balance PvP and PvE.

1) Separate PvE and PvP builds: different effects of skills for PvE and PvP, and at least 2 paragon paths one of them focused more on PvP and ther other one in PvE; then balance so that PvP is balanced to play with any class using PvP builds and PvE is balanced to play with any class using PvE builds.

2) Balance the game for class roles, PvP where the teams are composed by X Defender Y Leader W Striker and Z Controller and fight each teams with the same composition of roles; and then balance so that the classes have to play a role in the PvP fights, making it a strategical PvP fight. And for PvE, the same thing, Balance based on the roles of the team; the only problem is that the solo PvE will not be so balanced but that doesnt mean that it would be broken rendering unplayable for those that wanna play solo-PvE (questing, etc).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
    edited June 2013
    tyr216 wrote: »
    Yet a good GF can solo nodes, bursting players down in two to four hits without even taking a scratch. The only time a good GF goes down is when he has multiple people on him, and even then he's taking at least one of them with him. GF's not only have high survivability and chain stuns, but they also have the second highest damage output in PvP right now. That's not balanced no matter how you try to paint it.

Here is your answer.
    for the rogues, clerics wizards the reason is not because gf or gwf, its because you have def and defl of a lvl 12. Every time I inspect a rogue, cleric, wizard, most of the time they have 500 def, 800 defl. Or the other way around or around that much, that's most of the time I have inspect rogue, cleric, wizard; Increase your def and defl and you will see what is happening not happen.

I'm a TR with -23% damage reduction from my defense slots+Equips, GFs never 4 shot me no matter how good they are.
  • brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alaric63 wrote: »
    When a GF can take your TR out in 2 or 3 shots, and a TR can take a DC out in seconds, isn't that something like balance? It sounds to me like you don;t have enough anecdotal information to fully consider Balance. Re-think what you're seeing a bit before you blame balance. You just may not be accustomed to it, so you're having a hard time recognizing it.

If you have nothing good to say, dont say it, GF are **** strong, he can keep you down for 15 seconds, while that, he kills you, he has a shield that can even block TR's daily wich shouldn't, like the cw shield shouldn't because it says that ignores any defenses...
    Alot of people asked for a nerf on GF and bugfixes like the 3m cooldown happening from time to time on TR, but no, they say LETS NERF THE **** OUT OF TR AND CLERIC, THEN GIVE BUFFS TO ALL THE OTHERS... I mean... the most squishy in the game, with less defences are the ones nerfed most, its stupid!
    edited June 2013
    Here is your answer.

I'm a TR with -23% damage reduction from my defense slots+Equips, GFs never 4 shot me no matter how good they are.

Here is my reply: I am a TR with 30% damage reduction and that **** still happens, 4 shot is an expression, what he wants to say is that he keeps you going up and down, up and down, up and down, and when you are not, switch to defense mode, recharge cooldowns, repeat the process, thats how a GF is working right now, GF are supposed to deal low damage but high defences and it has High damage and High defences, tr is supposed to be how it is, then clerics should have a bit more power and CW are fine the way they are cuz they have shields and knockbacks to keep you away
    You understand now? GF is the one making bad balance in this game, every other is fine!
  • flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope they show the clerics a bit of love above all classes. The rest of the classes all seem pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and fun to play right now. The cleric is just in this weird state of limbo at the moment, Not quite a dps class, not quite a healer. Not really much fun to play in pve or pvp.

The class in in dire needs of dev love. Spells need tweaking or new ones added. feats need a overhaul and Paragon paths need adjusting. The class is just kinda boring to play at the moment. It lacks some much needed uuuumph!
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
    edited June 2013
    Sure it needs a little buff, but you can't look at DPS in a cleric LOL...
  • arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

This was the worst move ever by any mmo. Even Blizzard admitted this in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    brun2000 wrote: »
    Sure it needs a little buff, but you can't look at DPS in a cleric LOL...

Why not? D&D clerics were never gimps in any of the editions? They always could hold there own. They could Slay undead better then any other class . They are undead slaying masters in their own right. Yet we do not even have a turn undead feat. :(

I'm really not sure where Cryptic is going with divines. It is like they cannot make up their mind if they want to follow some kinda holy trinity concept or just forget about em all together.

Until all you guys realize there is 5 classes and one is slogging behind in all aspects , then you should not be complaining about balance.
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

you are aware that as a cleric that goes mostly all defense my defense is still way less than a GF, a GF has twice the defense stats on equipment that clerics do, they also get high reflect to the cleric's virtually none, plus all sorts of insane immunity from frontal attacks and healing stuff... a cleric is never going to win a fight against anyone who quaffs a healing potion (potions heal faster than we deal damage, yet we ourselves can't heal ourselves that much and what we can heal takes a very long time to work) ... as to kiting, the cleric has two teleports and other than that they are as slow as hell, I think they were made to be the slowest characters in the game.. they are certainly easy to hold, control, stun, slow, knock down, you name it
    edited June 2013
    Why not? D&D clerics were never gimps in any of the editions? They always could hold there own. They could Slay undead better then any other class . They are undead slaying masters in their own right. Yet we do not even have a turn undead feat. :(

I'm really not sure where Cryptic is going with divines. It is like they cannot make up their mind if they want to follow some kinda holy trinity concept or just forget about em all together.

Until all you guys realize there is 5 classes and one is slogging behind in all aspects , then you should not be complaining about balance.

Now tell me, could it be possible to complete an epic dungeon (legit way) without a cleric?
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

in D&D a cleric vs a robe straight up, a cleric is going to simply murder a rogue, so how is the rogue a damage class... oh that's right perma-stealth