test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Next balance patch...

13»

Comments

• bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Not sure why so many folks think a rogue should be better then a fighter in a fight....
    If im playing a rogue in a DnD game the last thing in the world i want to do is confront a GF.

In any kind of melee fight, the fighters should be far and away the best classes. Common knowledge.
  • fallenjedi29fallenjedi29 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    These post are laughable, I play both GF and TR and have won some and lost some. Bottom line GF are one trick ponies. If you get sucked into playing the GF's game you will lose, so don't play their game. Learn to exploit their obvious weaknesses ie: kite them, get out of their frontal cone and slow the fight down. Rogues same story make them play your game. Know thy enemy!!
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    barq3t wrote: »
    Dear Cryptic/PWE I want to ask when can we expect some major PvP balance changes? Cuz you know being 1-hited by a Tank class, while being almost 12k gs tr with a really good gear is pretty insane. Being knocked/cced from 100 to 0 hp is also not really nice. And jesus, what did you do to those poor clerics? I can kill most of them in 2-4 sec:/ You're probably aware of those things (or at least you should be) so I'm asking again when are you plan to bring next "big" balance patch?

You're not supposed to tank dmg , you're a rogue you should only deal dmg and then retreat you have the tools - use them .
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just want to say this to the OP and everyone else complaining about this.

1) Gearscore means NOTHING! NOTHING! Get that in your mind first and foremost... what does it mean? NOTHING!!!!!

2) a GF cannot, I reapeat, CANNOT 1 shot someone UNLESS there are other factors included. If the GF has a couple TENE procs ALONG with a full stalwarts stack AND the person has really low HP or really bad base HP you can get 1 shot (under the right conditions). It is by NO means an auto win or something you can do on command AND I have seen TRs do it and CWs do it...

3) This game has a rock paper scissors aspect. a TR cannot face tank a GF... A TR cannot face tank a GWF... deal with that... Its called a trickster rogue NOT a tankster rogue... use TRICKS!

4) PVP currently is all about TEAMWORK not a 1v1... Use that to your advantage, L2PvP AND go for the classes YOUR class is strong against. Utilize your strengths like perma stleath, and being able to 2 shot CWs/DCs. DONT go full throttle on a GF with no heals and be surprised the tank has some bite with his bark...

5) PVP ISNT about your personal K/D ratio... Ill say it again because people complain about this all the time... PVP IS NOT about your personal k/d ratio.... Stop caring about your Epeen and start focusing on winning matches!
  • cwair01cwair01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    And jesus, what did you do to those poor clerics? I can kill most of them in 2-4 sec:/ You're probably aware of those things (or at least you should be) so I'm asking again when are you plan to bring next "big" balance patch?

As a PvP based cleric with over 12.3K GS i want to say, THANK YOU FOR NOTICING.
    I'm always friendly and will be happy any of your inquires via pm!
    However i'm not a part of PWE and can't handle any questions regarding your personal details or account.
    Please respect the forum ToS and keep a nice manner towards your fellow adventurers!

| Half Elf - Cleric | Good reading for Clerics |
  • akrilahakrilah Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope they show the clerics a bit of love above all classes. The rest of the classes all seem pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and fun to play right now. The cleric is just in this weird state of limbo at the moment, Not quite a dps class, not quite a healer. Not really much fun to play in pve or pvp.

The class in in dire needs of dev love. Spells need tweaking or new ones added. feats need a overhaul and Paragon paths need adjusting. The class is just kinda boring to play at the moment. It lacks some much needed uuuumph!

This. The major issue I have encountered on mine (11k gs, 2,900 and some change defense) is that on the high end of gear score, around 10k plus, they just go down like a sack of bricks against the dps of equally equipped classes. With good player skill you can dodge from 2 bad hits, but then the general auto-attack dps still gets you.

They just need a bit of a boost.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I hope they show the clerics a bit of love above all classes. The rest of the classes all seem pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and fun to play right now. The cleric is just in this weird state of limbo at the moment, Not quite a dps class, not quite a healer. Not really much fun to play in pve or pvp.

Well said, clear and to the point.

I have shelved my 11.4k GS DC for now, as it's not really fun to play atm. I will dust it off to help guildies if anyone needs a DC, but it's not interesting or fun. I suspect that many other DCs are doing the same. If they don't fix this, all group content will suffer, if the only healer in the game is in short supply. It's a simple proposition- fix your stuff or your game gets hurt.
  • pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    leshil40 wrote: »
    That's why games like WoW added resilience.
    AMEN, but cleric defense is hosed. PERIOD.