What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gauntlgrym Temporarily Offline

Comments

• Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Wow... These weekend; God took away my luck. I was excited to play on Friday to play Gauntlgrym for the first time aaaaaaaaaand it was offline. On Saturday I spent 6 keys and it gave me rank 4-5 enchantments, a blue item for lvl 40+,1 jeweled Idol, etc(no purple). And on Sunday(today) I was expecting that the Gauntlgrym will be online, Unfortunately not. and I lost my net connection for 7hrs. What a weekend... What a weekend..... Guess I am one of the most unluckiest player in Neverwinter. BTW pls fix one of the worst bug that a player can get which is the ability scores bug. Its holiday tomorrow means no work hopefully the gauntlgrym will be online.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    pylylylylypylylylyly Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was playing like 10 min at this game and i get fatal error:

"Fatal Error : Error Decompressing data. Veifying Files in the Launcher may fix this issue.:
    Technical Details: Error Decompressing data. Veifying Files in the Launcher may fix this issue.
    Texture_Library/Environment/1_GenericProps/Nno+Lightglow_01.Wtex:"

How can i fix that?

Now when i wanna play game jams when i patching it.

PS: Sorry for english

Can somebody help me? I cant create a new thread dont know why and also wanna help in this situation. Nobody helped me in technical support and this is the only way to get me someone heard. U can also send me a priv message. Sorry and thanks.
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Any update as to when Gaunt will be back up? This is getting pretty ridiculous.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    Any update as to when Gaunt will be back up? This is getting pretty ridiculous.

They'll announce it during the next announcement of the next big surprise announcements to be released. Stay tuned. We appreciate your mothers esophagus. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kolobokkkolobokk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea i got sick of waiting for Gauntlygrym so I started playing RIFT, its free to play now and i am having a lot of fun!

I also think having Gauntlygrym every 6 hours is a terrible idea, people dont play game around your ingame schedule really bad system.
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kolobokk wrote: »

I also think having Gauntlygrym every 6 hours is a terrible idea, people dont play game around your ingame schedule really bad system.

Agreed. Seems kind of ridiculous to introduce new content then limit access to such an extreme degree.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    People unhappy with Gauntlgrym being on a schedule have perhaps unrealistic impressions of the active game population.

Putting it on the schedule helps ensure you can actually get 40 people to queue for it.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    People unhappy with Gauntlgrym being on a schedule have perhaps unrealistic impressions of the active game population.

Putting it on the schedule helps ensure you can actually get 40 people to queue for it.

IF that is how small the player base is now and that is their actual reasoning, then this game has 1/4inch left in its final nail before the coffin is closed.
  • Options
    killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Honestly it shouldn't come to a surprise that Beta was a major failure. Considering that there was never a "real" beta. You can't expect to have a successful beta when you charge people to be apart of the process.

Instead of making players buy a expensive pack to be apart of the beta they should have gone through applications to find players who would help submit bugs.

The fact they didn't do that, brings me to the obvious conclusion that their not interested in fixing issues. Should have been a single player game like it was originally intended.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • Options
    selethorselethor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zlainfurry wrote: »
    IF that is how small the player base is now and that is their actual reasoning, then this game has 1/4inch left in its final nail before the coffin is closed.*

Could we get a footnote for this information?
    * - Zlainfurry's bottom

Oh, nevermind then.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Its certainty impressive to see people holding back, while playing TOR or Rift when there was a bug. Let alone one that crashed en entire new dungeon. The community would be more vocal about it. As it drags on the weekend. I realize its been entire weekend that its been offline. I don't magically expect it to jump into online mode however same time deeply frustrated what was promoted was major content in the patch.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Buy more zen! They can't afford the overtime :confused:
  • Options
    farcursefarcurse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    Its certainty impressive to see people holding back, while playing TOR or Rift when there was a bug. Let alone one that crashed en entire new dungeon. The community would be more vocal about it. As it drags on the weekend. I realize its been entire weekend that its been offline. I don't magically expect it to jump into online mode however same time deeply frustrated what was promoted was major content in the patch.

well..... what do u expect .....be honest.....ppl are getting tired of complaining ......
    1 class doesn't work i go play another , some content doesn't work i will use another , i get bored i go play something else
    and its prety much repeat until i find something else to entertain me

some advice don't get your hopes up
  • Options
    templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You guys should really take off the GG hourly bonus things, there's no point in having them up and they take up slots for the other activities making players wait longer for the next DD or next Arena, or next Foundry for whoever actually runs Foundry.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    farcurse wrote: »
    well..... what do u expect .....be honest.....ppl are getting tired of complaining ......
    1 class doesn't work i go play another , some content doesn't work i will use another , i get bored i go play something else
    and its prety much repeat until i find something else to entertain me

some advice don't get your hopes up

A little bit. I expected this thread to reach nearly a hundred pages. The longer time goes on without the dungeon, perhaps people raging about not doing it, or threats of quitting from a random person. Being through the launch of TOR, Rift. The complain meter always raging off the charts.

They called it their "passionate user base" I just sincerely would like this dungeon to work. I was only doing one round of it, before they cut it out the next night. I have to admit. It was pretty fun. Nothing to do In game with my current person. He has full T2 almost.

When they fix the dungeon. I suppose I'll play a new person to level up.
  • Options
    phinsphanphinsphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    Can we get a post from a Mod with ANY kind of update/ETA??? Any bite here guys, we are hungry! Keep up the Good Work! - Your Adoring Fans
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes. I think as a community and playerbase of a LIVE game........we have been very PATIENT and FORGIVING.

Now.
    You guys at PWE/CRYPTIC toss a coin, draw a straw, WHATEVER, select ONE guy to use that COOL green text.....and give us an update.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    Yes. I think as a community and playerbase of a LIVE game........we have been very PATIENT and FORGIVING.

Now.
    You guys at PWE/CRYPTIC toss a coin, draw a straw, WHATEVER, select ONE guy to use that COOL green text.....and give us an update.

:D This. +1
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • Options
    phinsphanphinsphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    After about 4 hours of research, I found this on the NeverWinter Wiki.

http://prntscr.com/1bmsec

So.... When is Module 1 update?
  • Options
    shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    phinsphan wrote: »

"This summer"

http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • Options
    selethorselethor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    phinsphan wrote: »

I wouldn't worry about that wiki quote. It had been added before Gauntlgrym's release date was announced.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I love this game. I really do. I'm addictively playing it even this early. However I just cannot ignore the question about the new mega epic dungeon still not working. Since the launch. That was the new content really worth playing. I could PVE and PVP for hours with what we have. If its possible, could we get some kind message about, how long the fix may take.
  • Options
    tecomatecoma Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I love this game. I really do. I'm addictively playing it even this early. However I just cannot ignore the question about the new mega epic dungeon still not working. Since the launch. That was the new content really worth playing. I could PVE and PVP for hours with what we have. If its possible, could we get some kind message about, how long the fix may take.

Can just agree. Was sad to see Gauntlgrym go offline after launch without even having set my foot there, but felt as if it (and thus us player and our experience here) was taken seriously which I appreciate a lot. But now it's been silent for almost 3 days, and some kind of eta on when it comes online again would be likewise highly appreciated!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tecoma wrote: »
    Can just agree. Was sad to see Gauntlgrym go offline after launch without even having set my foot there, but felt as if it (and thus us player and our experience here) was taken seriously which I appreciate a lot. But now it's been silent for almost 3 days, and some kind of eta on when it comes online again would be likewise highly appreciated!

Yes, we can agree on that. Its very sad to see it go offline. I had this weekend planned out. I was planing to dish some junk food, and blast away the entire weekend in the new dungeon. I mean it has epic loot, it has tons of people with two teams. Its like best of PVE and PVP.

Yes, it would be highly appreciated an update.
  • Options
    domushdomush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Welcome to what happens when you introduce major content outside of beta. What, precisely, is the point of beta if you release new, untested content after beta has ended?

Who runs perfect-world? This is software production 101.

If there is anyone at your company who did not see this train wreck coming, FIRE THEM, because it was obvious beyond words.
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So.... When is Module 1 update? lol realy ! i think they need to step up and fix all the broken and buged content there is at presant before even thinking about bringing any more out.
    Not to mention, all the character feats, powers gear that dont work as inteneded, or some that dont work at al !!
    Thats without even looking at the economy, who the hell is working on that? it is a absolute joke now, even just small in game vendors are way out of being inline with the economy

eg: mount training, it cost just short of 3 milion AD in total to upgrade a mount from rank 1 to rank 3, which is blue, with 80% speed,
    SERIOUSLY!!! you can go to the AH on my shard, 'Dragon' and buy a Heavy Inferno Nightmare for 750.000 AD, and i have seen them as low as 600,000, thats for a epic purple 110% speed mount , loooooooooool

1000's and 1000's of people were realy looking forward to the new content, there was 20+ full time neverwinter ,livestreams on twitch tv all looking forwrd to the new content, plus with 'live' launch alot of people were exspecting a least a few of the old bugs and problems to have been adressed and fixed.

the 20th comes, shards go down for the 'live' patch, 1000's of people waiting axiously for shards to go back up, and finaly the do, YAY but , hang on, nothings been fixed, my feats still dont work, in fact there is even more bugs and broken gear, abiltys now !!!
    ok ok ,chill, lets check out the new content at least..........Hmm thats not working properly either wtf, and aparenty those that did manage to complete it were only very disapointed to find out the loot rewards are not even any better than what is already in the game elsewere, or what you could buy on the AH. loooooool

This game in 'open beta' had so much potential to be big, it had a huge folowing , now people are giving up every day, dungeon queues are getting longer and longer, even the live streams have given up, there reasons given are the game is 'dying'
    in my opionion the game should not have gone live so soon i realy dont understand them releasing content that does not work or as been tested,

Obviously thier investers have been giving them the push to get more monetary returns for them, but obviously they do not realise, that they are actualy killing the game in the process ! GG !!

i am sad for the game and for many players too who love the game, but in reality since 'launch' the game is going backwards at a very fast rate
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Monday and still no update?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Maybe thier in hiding lol,, been no updates or coments on thier Twitter site for 2 days either.
    is the ship sinking altogether, did somone call for abandon ship ?
  • Options
    ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    Curious for an update myself. Last Update was 6/21/

For those that don't like PvP and who are level 60 can participate in the PvE Contest against the other faction for Phase 1 and 2. Just don't cue for Grym PvP in Phase 2.

I do think the Cueing for PvP in Phase 2 needs to get looked at though. On the first and only day Grym was up - you only got your "token" if you stayed through the whole phase. So you got penalized if you cued for that PvP in phase 2 even if you side was winning because you did not get your winner's "token" from that phase. From my understanding you need both "tokens" to do the 2nd T2 Dungeon - Dwarf King's Crypt. Didn't happen in both my attempts on Day 1 - even with our side winning both phases in the later evening session.

(I'm using the word token - for a physical item that was put in my inventory upon winning a phase - sorry I don't remember the name off hand)

Would Love to see:
    1) Your Party Colored Different Than Everyone Else when you look on the map for this Raid. Had to refer to it a lot to find out were locations of things were - Near impossible and time consuming. Visual Scanning was slightly better.

2) Obviously the bugs fixed so there actually is a way you can get into Dwarf King's Crypt.

3) Interactions with some of the items in Phase 2 (namely turning in food) was not working correctly.
  • Options
    ajr2355ajr2355 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16
    edited June 2013
    Silent for 3 days... Can we get an update please?
This discussion has been closed.