test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gauntlgrym Temporarily Offline

1235»

Comments

• Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    IMHO, this points to the developers inability to simulate enough players in their development environments to test this out thoroughly.

Quite ironic really how the PVP element requires real people to test, yet in live PVP, there are bots everywhere.
  • Options
    trashmtrashm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trashm wrote: »
    i will post this every time there is event in game for the closed dungeon till there is some sort of update on the matter.
    UPDATE!
    good stuff
  • Options
    onlydurexonlydurex Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    when will gauntlgrym start working?
  • Options
    idunazidunaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    Honestly how is this still offline?
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    What I seriously do not understand. They were able to tell a person an update in responding to a post. However this thread was made six days ago. They couldn't sign on here, just to say

"We know you been very patient, we appreciate that. This affected Dragon Sever only, we're currently working on an update"

Not saying "nothing" leaves people to interpret that it may come out soon. Since the next GG is planned (second time) on twitch. Not only people there get to join in, but they get a title for coming. While people on Dragon Sever are left waiting.

We haven't played it not once on that server since it was taken off. Its not so much it was removed. Its total lack of communication about interacting with the player base on updates. Not complaining. Simply inputting my thoughts.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    "We know you been very patient, we appreciate that. This affected Dragon Sever only, we're currently working on an update"

Not saying "nothing" leaves people to interpret that it may come out soon. Since the next GG is planned (second time) on twitch. Not only people there get to join in, but they get a title for coming. While people on Dragon Sever are left waiting.

It wasn't just Dragon server. People playing on all servers saw instances of the scoring breaking horribly towards the end, the only safe way to win reliably was to lose the earlier parts on purpose. It wasn't even slightly ready for prime time.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    It wasn't just Dragon server. People playing on all servers saw instances of the scoring breaking horribly towards the end, the only safe way to win reliably was to lose the earlier parts on purpose. It wasn't even slightly ready for prime time.

I think my words have fallen on deaf ears here. I'm half tempted to call customer support, just so I can ask them about posting a message in this thread where everyone can see, not on a facebook page to a single user. I hate to complain. I dislike the tone of it, but what else can you do on launch day the biggest content patch.

Drops without warning. Then six days without a single word. If we truely paid nothing for this game, expect zen prices. I'd understand. But shouldn't our level of money we paid into the game be invested perhaps in communication customer support.

That's all for now.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ahhh so its still all messed up was wondering why I couldn't align the guild. This wasn't working to well in alpha either, shame its still not working out.
  • Options
    nuramornuramor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i know its probably in vain but, ... could someone provide us loyal non-raging customers/players with some form of an update. Any info would be great, just saying; its still down, in fancy green text would satisfy my need for attention :p
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm actually surprised one of their shills, I mean mods/admins, didn't post some garbage PR statement just to silence everyone for the time being. Just make up some BS lie like they usually do, so that people are at least tricked into believing they're working hard at fixing this debacle.
  • Options
    incepti0incepti0 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ya this is total BS they advertise guantlgrym on the games launch and then the game launches and they take away guantlygrym, its like we are back to beta but they are advertising the game is live and u can play guantlgrym when you cant, im all for this game and really want it to be awesome but im slowly loosing faith and patience
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    incepti0 wrote: »
    ya this is total BS they advertise guantlgrym on the games launch and then the game launches and they take away guantlygrym

It's not such a big loss. Many of those who did try Gauntlgrym (either on Mimic or during the period when it was open) are of the opinion that it isn't very fun, the dungeons are not very challenging and the rewards are not that spectacular.

Anyhow, it will probably be open after today's patch.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Seriously, with this game feeling more like Co-Op then a true MMO, these instanced zones, arenas and dungeons need to be truly epic. GG is anything BUT epic. It has potential, but the PVE part is boring, the PvP could be done better(if you can even get in it) and the rewards are not worth the time of waiting for the 6 hour timer everyday for GG. Just too much wrong with it and not enough right. I hate being hard on devs that put in many man hours to make these games, but facts are facts and customers will leave in droves if this continues.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    How awesome would it be if Gauntlgrym was getting more then bug fixes at the moment?

-Phase 1 could have a loot dropping boss guarding the stables and forge.
    -Phase 2 could require at least 3 players remain on a node or it switches back to unclaimed to ensure it doesn't become a 20 man zerg train.
    - The end dungeons could have their difficulty ramped up and loot improved to make them worth doing more then once for the novelty.

Be positive folks! When GG gets put back in, it might not be the same horse**** that went live at "launch" minus some DCing.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    l3luntkingl3luntking Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is there a reason why i can't assign my guild to a faction? Because the Luskan and Delzoun NPC's are active but when I talk to them it says "the battle has started" and shows a blank chat window, same problem with guild registar, there's an exclamation point over his head which means he has a quest for me, but when I talk to him, I get a blank chat window. Please give me some info on this frustrating problem so I can assign my guild to a faction.

signed, l3luntking
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    l3luntking wrote: »
    Is there a reason why i can't assign my guild to a faction? Because the Luskan and Delzoun NPC's are active but when I talk to them it says "the battle has started" and shows a blank chat window, same problem with guild registar, there's an exclamation point over his head which means he has a quest for me, but when I talk to him, I get a blank chat window. Please give me some info on this frustrating problem so I can assign my guild to a faction.

signed, l3luntking

I believe you can only align before the events start.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    Gauntlgrym is back on the live shard. Thanks for your help testing it on Preview!
This discussion has been closed.