test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gauntlgrym Temporarily Offline

Comments

• Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I find it a tiny bit disappointing. The major content players were wanting to play, is the new patch. Why, its simple since Open Beta has been out for over a month. Some of us, feel since you were able charge items on your credit card it was a "soft launch" now the day of the launch.

The content itself takes over a day to fix on the weekend where the game is the most busy. I like this game, and its great the communication they feed to us. However it is a tiny bit worrisome that an entire dungeon taking over a day to fix. I really would like to play it ASAP
  • Options
    xdementiaxdementia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Remember guys this is OPEN BETA, it's expected to have bugs !!!!

.. Oh wait.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    "Temporarily" offline as in 2 days and counting. LOL most fail new content patch I can remember in recent MMO history. Most fail "official" launch I can remember in recent MMO history.
    xdementia wrote: »
    Remember guys this is OPEN BETA, it's expected to have bugs !!!!

.. Oh wait.

:D

Just open beta, I mean soft launch, I mean official launch. Doesn't matter what they call it because this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game still has tons of bugs, exploits, and botters everywhere with very little "end game" content.
  • Options
    zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I like this game, and its great the communication they feed to us.

Where are there examples of this "great communication" PWE supposedly possesses? Get your head out of your *** buddy.

This game is dead, even if it isn't dead today it will be dead in about 2ish weeks or so. It had LOADS of potential, but Cryptic and PWE failed hard.
  • Options
    trashmtrashm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like their attitude. First "big" update - nothing works and while the new stuff is disabled they talk about 10 other updates in the future like everything is ok. Half the **** in the game doesn't work as intended but hey lets talk about new content that wont work either. Good stuff.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    trashm wrote: »
    I like their attitude. First "big" update - nothing works and while the new stuff is disabled they talk about 10 other updates in the future like everything is ok. Half the **** in the game doesn't work as intended but hey lets talk about new content that wont work either. Good stuff.

(Rotten) Carrot on a stick, my friend.
  • Options
    korkenokorkeno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So i have been sitting checking this forum every few hour just to see if it update and i take a looks at the comments just to read what people have to say. Honestly, the fact that the community of this game is sitting almost as bad as HoN is really quite sad. It just went live, just as with any game there are bugs to be expected. Everyone can go rage off telling people this game sucks and cryptic suck derpa derp derp. But honestly, it was no different when wow launched, rift, really any mmo out there the first 4-5 months are going to be hard. The unfortunate part is because this game is F2p you are going to get all the exploiters and such that subscription games lack. So lay back chill out and stop raging
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    korkeno wrote: »
    So i have been sitting checking this forum every few hour just to see if it update and i take a looks at the comments just to read what people have to say. Honestly, the fact that the community of this game is sitting almost as bad as HoN is really quite sad. It just went live, just as with any game there are bugs to be expected. Everyone can go rage off telling people this game sucks and cryptic suck derpa derp derp. But honestly, it was no different when wow launched, rift, really any mmo out there the first 4-5 months are going to be hard. The unfortunate part is because this game is F2p you are going to get all the exploiters and such that subscription games lack. So lay back chill out and stop raging

Another casual NW fanboi defending a giant piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that is Neverwinter.

FYI WoW and Rift at launch had 10 times more content than Neverwinter does. In fact, Rift was much more polished, with much more content, class customization (they actually had multiple skill trees for each class working at launch), fun (if not imbalanced) PvP both arena-type and open world. Rift actually had raids at launch. Yes, actual raids with actual boss mechanics that required 20 well-geared, well-played, intelligent, and coordinated players to beat. I should know, because I was in the top guild in Rift at the time (Addiction). Not at all like the exploitable and buggy 5-man dungeons that Neverwinter has right now.

Your examples of WoW and Rift only makes your case even tougher to defend. Those were top-notch MMOs that takes a huge dump on Neverwinter. You could say those games were subscription-based and NW is free to play. Well, Rift is now free to play as well, and with about 2 years of polish and content, Neverwinter doesn't even compare to it. Not at launch, especially not now. The only thing Neverwinter has going for it is the combat system and good graphics. Everything else pales in comparison to other MMOs, especially AAA titles like WoW and Rift. Now move along, NW fanboi, and don't talk unless you actually know what you're talking about. I guarantee you haven't even played WoW or Rift.
  • Options
    zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This game is no where near as good as EQ1 from launch-PoP, this game is not as good as WoW from Launch - Lich King
  • Options
    zarkaz123zarkaz123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am glad you guys are working hard to fix the issues I just have a request that more internal and player testing would go on before these updates go live. There has been a bit too many new exploits and bugs that come out on updates. It is just aggravating for the players to go through all this and it ends up taking longer have to disable whatever content you added to fix it. If it does take longer to test these things a bit more then so be it, much better than it coming out broken and people exploiting for an edge.
  • Options
    korkenokorkeno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Even Wow and Rift had an exceptional amount of bugs at launch trust me i played them both even back in vanilla wow days. Your playing a game that is also F2p and F2o both wow and rift you had to buy
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited June 2013
    Even Wow and Rift had an exceptional amount of bugs at launch trust me i played them both even back in vanilla wow days. Your playing a game that is also F2p and F2o both wow and rift you had to buy

Rift had very few bugs and any bugs were fixed lightning fast. The Trion devs were top notch and actually listened to the players.
  • Options
    killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

I played Rift for the first 6-8months. It had in no way close to the problems this game has. It was actually viewed by many as the least buggiest launch for mmos. What major end-game content did they bring down for a extended period of time? If any.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Months and months of testing and your crown jewel falls on its face right out of the gate. Not very encouraging at all.
  • Options
    onikum0onikum0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am glad to see the devs respond this fast to a problem with Gauntlgrym, regardless of what my fellow gamers may think.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

How would you know? You've never played either game and are just talking out your rear.
    kidbs wrote: »
    Rift had very few bugs and any bugs were fixed lightning fast. The Trion devs were top notch and actually listened to the players.
    killz2many wrote: »
    I played Rift for the first 6-8months. It had in no way close to the problems this game has. It was actually viewed by many as the least buggiest launch for mmos. What major end-game content did they bring down for a extended period of time? If any.

Rift wasn't perfect. It had bugs here and there, but they were patched very fast... usually within a day or two of the devs finding out about bugs and exploits. My guild reported many bugs and exploits to them and they got it fixed extremely quick. In fact, the devs used to get onto the top guilds' voice comms and would actually ask us for our opinions on how to improve and fix their game, particularly certain raid encounters they believed needed work. It wasn't until Hammerknell, their 2nd major content patch, when the devs started messing up a lot, where there was broken and overtuned boss fights. That's when I quit Rift...

Cryptic can't get any of their bugs and exploits fixed in a timely fashion. Castle Never window exploit still going strong 16 days after the exploit came out, 14 days after we reported it. Botters are still botting nodes non-stop, taking over the Enchantment market on the AH on all servers, along with crafting mats and they've even gotten into pants and shirts crafting. Cryptic doesn't care enough to fix major bugs until it's too late like the AH/AD exploit. People reported that to them back in closed beta and it was the same exploit that was in STO. They're simply lazy and incompetent.

This game doesn't even have raids, let alone boss encounters that actually have mechanics which require high levels of coordination even with 5 people. You basically just toss the adds out of the map, stay out of the red circles, and burn the boss down. A lot of players are all geared up right now in Neverwinter with nothing to do other than level up more classes to 60 and gear those toons out... again, with nothing to do once the alts are also geared out. Neverwinter isn't comparable to either Rift or WoW at launch. It's hilarious that certain people are actually delusional enough to try and compare NW to anything but a pile of poo.
  • Options
    sorrowswindssorrowswinds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    "Temporarily" offline as in 2 days and counting. LOL most fail new content patch I can remember in recent MMO history. Most fail "official" launch I can remember in recent MMO history.

You wasn't around for D3 during launch then, couldn't even play at all for days
    eIZAVOi.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013

D3 is a MMO? LOL
  • Options
    bayne3bayne3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just a suggestion but it would be pretty cool to allow players to visit GG zone when the event is off. Everyone could be hostile unless grouped in a party. That would give PvPs endless fun. :)
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They can't afford overtime guys. That's why nobody is working this weekend.
  • Options
    catamituscatamitus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pretty sure it was only a couple hours downtime at launch for everyone.
  • Options
    k3ss1nk3ss1n Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll take you psst Juntaro on mindflayer server!
  • Options
    ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    kainon08 wrote: »
    Not sure if serious.

A number of us on the Dragon Server got DC-ed and were unable to log in at all, after doing Gauntlgrym, which showed there was a bug. So Yes, I was serious.
  • Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    I just want to send shout outs to the devs for actually taking this down as fast as they did to get it fixed, shows that the devs and management are paying attention, I stand behind the devs and still love and enjoy this game. Looking forward to GG getting back up and running.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Anybody can point a finger...

But it takes a lot to remain as calm as some of you have during some of these issues. I'm sure the developers appreciate the patience you guys are showing.

They do keep quiet but I promise they do read a lot of your comments. While some of the decisions, like taking down GG, is likely a huge dissapointment even for themselves it's great to see there are players out there who appreciate that it's better to be taken down and resolved than continue to cause issues for the player base. :D
  • Options
    thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Rift was extremely buggy in my experience and only became somewhat playable over the last few months.

Having said that, I am dismayed by the amount of problems here and that's not just outright bugs but poor design decisions.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited June 2013
    thorizden wrote: »
    Rift was extremely buggy in my experience and only became somewhat playable over the last few months.

Having said that, I am dismayed by the amount of problems here and that's not just outright bugs but poor design decisions.

I honestly don't know what Rift you were playing because it was definitely the least buggy mmo of any that I have ever played at launch and had more content at launch than probably any other mmo. The amount of bugs in this game is typical for Cryptic. They are notorious for leaving bugs around for years before finally fixing them.
  • Options
    idgafmaevilliaidgafmaevillia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Welp, weekends almost over then we can look forward to some GG progress ;p
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anybody can point a finger...

But it takes a lot to remain as calm as some of you have during some of these issues. I'm sure the developers appreciate the patience you guys are showing.

They do keep quiet but I promise they do read a lot of your comments. While some of the decisions, like taking down GG, is likely a huge dissapointment even for themselves it's great to see there are players out there who appreciate that it's better to be taken down and resolved than continue to cause issues for the player base. :D

Let the team know that there's A LOT of us out there (who are too busy enjoying the game to troll these forums) who completely understand that stuff breaks. It's an MMO. It happens. Anyone who's shocked or angry needs to understand these things happen in every single MMO. I know the Dev team isn't happy that GG being busted took some of the shine off the official launch, and I'm sure they're working as hard as they can to address the issues.

And honestly, I'm happy they realized so quickly there was some bugs, and decided to take the entire thing down, instead of allowing it to continue in a broken state.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    zarkaz123zarkaz123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I honestly don't know what Rift you were playing because it was definitely the least buggy mmo of any that I have ever played at launch and had more content at launch than probably any other mmo. The amount of bugs in this game is typical for Cryptic. They are notorious for leaving bugs around for years before finally fixing them.

I personally I have not played Rift but everyone I know who has, had good experiences at launch. Sure, games come out with bugs, especially betas but I have never seen such little and slow attempts to fix them like this before. The bugs I am talking about are not little bugs where a quest is broken or my gear is the wrong color, I mean major exploitable ones and ones that cause something major to be unplayable. The game was rushed into live too quickly and now we are all paying for it. There really needs to be more internal and player testing. The staff that reads bug reports and answers tickets needs to be enlarged as well or some people need to be fired for not doing jack **** because yeah... longest wait time I have seen for petitions and too many unread bug reports. Getting an email reply to a petition saying that they appreciate players who find ways to fix the bug / problem themselves and nothing else is just beyond me.
This discussion has been closed.