test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Getting into D&D. Thinking of trying this game. Should I?

2»

Comments

• Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    discotrash wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies everyone! I didn't expect so many!

I decided to give Neverwinter a try again and see how it goes. Like a few people have said, the game is free to try so why not give it a go. The client is almost finished so I'm not far off testing the game out.

I'm kinda not playing anything else at the moment and after finding a HeroQuest fan forum last night, I fancied getting back into the whole dice rolling/D&D way of things. I played a lot of HeroQuest when I was younger and enjoyed every moment of it. I'm also getting kinda of bored of the current MMO's out there these days. They all feel the same to me. So it will be nice to try something else I guess.

I will update this post as I play the game :)

Thanks again!
    Nice!
    Have fun!
    May or may not qualify as D&D, but still can be fun to play.
  • Options
    zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There is almost nothing good about this game. The actual game play, as in, how you control your character in and out of combat, thats good. The foundry could be amazing, but it doesn't draw in money and takes players away from the games own content and as such will never be given the chance it deserves. So while running around and using abilities is entertaining, the context and areas you're using them in is ***. The company has horrible customer service, the worst at communicating errors and bugs to the community.
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    ...thankfully the Foundry Authors have picked up the slack.

I would not pay a penny towards this jacked up E2W and P2W game as it stands, BUT....I would loosen the strings on my coin purse if (some) Foundry Authors were given the chance to replace the current regular game content creators.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zlainfurry wrote: »
    There is almost nothing good about this game. The actual game play, as in, how you control your character in and out of combat, thats good. The foundry could be amazing, but it doesn't draw in money and takes players away from the games own content and as such will never be given the chance it deserves. So while running around and using abilities is entertaining, the context and areas you're using them in is ***. The company has horrible customer service, the worst at communicating errors and bugs to the community.

We have a winner...Ding, Ding!!
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem