test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which Race would you like to see next in Neverwinter?

gothikaijuzerogothikaijuzero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Personally, I like how Shifters/Weres were featured in the 4E Neverwinter Campaign Setting (and beyond). I've also found the Genasi pretty interesting for years.
Post edited by gothikaijuzero on

Comments

• Options
    lanzdownelanzdowne Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gnomes, I miss those little guys.
    20.jpg
  • Options
    miorummiorum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Where is the Other category? Considering this is 4e and the Feywild will be a focus point of the next expansion - why not Hamadryad, Pixie, or the Satyr? I might've missed the memo or the train of thought; but why Moon and Sun Elves? Cram in Eladrin, call it a day. We'll have 5 types of Elves at the end of the day (or four-and-a-half if we really get nitpicky) and I don't see how they'll differ from each-other at all. :(

TL;DR: Pixies. (Okay fine, Warforged)
  • Options
    mikehamikeha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    None we have a good number of races classes and class paths would be better time spent in development
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I see no Kobold option.

I'd quite like to see Avariel turn up, but I guess having a race that flies would break the game.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    rizoguerizogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I voted drow, even though it's a pointless waste of a vote. They are holding them hostage from us as long as possible unless we pay up $200.

Rizogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our Neverwinter Discussions: http://www.menzoberranzan.net
    Now Recruiting - All races and classes! Menzoberranzan Guild Recruitment
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I picked races for the poll that I thought were prominent in 4E Neverwinter/FR.

So, no Warforged, although they (along with Shifters) are my most played 4E race.

Good thought about additional Feywild races, miorum. Pixie, Satyr, Dryad, and (especially) Wilden all strike me as more interesting than a 4th or 5th Elf...
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rizogue wrote: »
    I voted drow, even though it's a pointless waste of a vote. They are holding them hostage from us as long as possible unless we pay up $200.

Rizogue

Or just wait the alloted time of at least 60 days after launch and BAM you can play drow without paying $200.
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sun, Moon, and Drow elves are all already coming. So I voted Genasi. However, what I want more than anything added next is in order of importance;

1. Bug fixes for classes, so that feats, powers, synergies etc all work like they should. I like character builds and min/maxing, but that is impossible when the elements are all broken. ABSOLUTE TOP PRIORITY, Cryptic fix yo game! (Wasn't this was beta was for btw?)

2. New Classes and Paragon Paths, this is the new content I am most interested in far and away above anything else.

3. New races and content modules. Interested in these, just not before the others above.

Cryptic, get 'er done!
  • Options
    manestream1manestream1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    Deffo Drow
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Half-Dragons & Half-Trolls FTW!!!!!
  • Options
    miorummiorum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    Half-Dragons & Half-Trolls FTW!!!!!
    The Dragonborn race. Now that would be something cool.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Deva

/10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    miorum wrote: »
    The Dragonborn race. Now that would be something cool.

A very popular and prevalent 4E race. Should have put them in the poll, sorry.
  • Options
    axetomouth86axetomouth86 Banned Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Clearly people want drow and shifter! GIVE THEM TO US CRYPTIC!
  • Options
    rizoguerizogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Or just wait the alloted time of at least 60 days after launch and BAM you can play drow without paying $200.

Right, that was my point....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Clearly people want drow and shifter! GIVE THEM TO US CRYPTIC!

That would be awesome!

But , apparently, at least some will be pleased with their upcoming Moon Elf.
  • Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Aasimar and Dragonborn
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    blaueblume1blaueblume1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Assimar and Kobold would both be very cool.
  • Options
    danzlyradanzlyra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    I don't really care about which race should be brought in next (I was playing a race I like anyway,) or if it's one they have in the works as promised or if it's something new they haven't hinted at as of yet. But where I put my vote in is where I think the major consensus seems to be, Drow. So many people want Drow. Make 'em happy and don't dangle it out of reach thinking it will keep them in the game. It wouldn't surprise me if when Drow comes in, it will be locked unless purchased in the Zen store.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dragonborn was mentioned as being tested early on, but later dropped. I suspect, that there might of been issues getting equipment/clothing meshes or animations to work.

Notice all the character bodies models are basically the same. Even Halfling and Dwarves are basically human shrunk down. And even by keeping things fairly similar there are still issues. Dwarf helmets anyone?

Its for this reason, the addition of Moon and Sun Elves was a gimmie. Newness all without a new model. Without animation or mesh issues. So unless, there is a HUGE outcry for it. and unless its development costs can be absorbed by incorporating it into a larger project. I don't expect we will be Dragonborn or any other race that cant easily use existing models anytime soon.
  • Options
    onikum0onikum0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013

This exactly, 60 days is better than $200
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Doesn't matter what we want. They are putting in moon and sun elves with module 1.....why on earth they didn't just make the Elf race generic with more cosmetic options is beyond me. They should have added genasi and made drow available to all in module 1. I swear this company is completely clueless sometimes and totally out of touch with the player base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Personally, I like how Shifters/Weres were featured in the 4E Neverwinter Campaign Setting (and beyond). I've also found the Genasi pretty interesting for years.

I'd like to see Baatazu all of them as they were in ad&d :P
  • Options
    danzlyradanzlyra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    leillanna wrote: »
    Doesn't matter what we want. They are putting in moon and sun elves with module 1.....why on earth they didn't just make the Elf race generic with more cosmetic options is beyond me. They should have added genasi and made drow available to all in module 1. I swear this company is completely clueless sometimes and totally out of touch with the player base.

This is so logical I doubt it ever crossed Cryptic's mind. I love your idea m'self.
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't see a Kobold on that list.

So I'll pick Shifter.
  • Options
    lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2013
    i chose drow... however, i'd really love some dragonborn action... but i'm happy if i can eventually play my drow cleric.. :P (or warlock if that was possible by then)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    onikum0 wrote: »
    This exactly, 60 days is better than $200

But most of us thought we were 50 days into the 60 day wait 3 days ago. Then the reset button hit, and the 60 days actually just started while to Menzo Renegades will really get exclusivity for 110 days now, not 60. My calendar has us at 53 days, Cryptic's has us at 3. Fuzzy math, ambiguous wording, and promoting elitism for those who supported them with $200 bribes, while the races we desperately want to play are held hostage.

Bad business...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2013
    I sort of understand that they want their founders to have nice things others wont... what's the point of the purchase otherwise? they are still selling the 200€ set, so, they cant release drow. it's very logical.. it'd be more reasonable to demand a new class or something.. something that is not bound to not be released as long as you can buy founders packs... and even shortly after they discontinue the founders they wont release it, as people who just bougth it would feel cheated... rather hope for ranger anytime soon

ontop of that, i am happy people buy the founders pack, as that is a cash infusion that - hopefully - is being utilized to improve the game...

on another note, i really would like the drow ;P
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Founders already got nice things, 53 days ago: an exclusive skin, an exclusive panther companion, and an OP weapon, and a hoard of ADs to name a few. I'm all for giving them 60 days to enjoy them while the rest of us farm ADs in the Profession system on alts that we plan to delete once we can finally begin making our characters, and then begin enjoying the game on characters that are not 100% disposable. The option on April 30 was to pay $200, or wait 60 days. I chose the latter, and paid $60 instead so I could get some startup ADs and a mount.

I made a half-orc guardian on the first day of Open Beta for just this purpose (starting the process of farming ADs in Leadership for my drow), and I figured that in 60 days I could transfer the unbound stuff to my permanent characters, and begin playing the game. Now 53 days later, I find out I have 57 more days, and I personally think I have a right to be a little pissy about it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    awaveawave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    Not enough elf races in this game clearly, we could do with a few more... I vote for Golden High Elves or maybe Silvermoon Elves, or Quarter-Elves. Or even sparkly Twilight Elves - I'm sure a lot of girls would like that! Yes, we definitely need more elves, that's for sure.