test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which Race would you like to see next in Neverwinter?

2»

Comments

• Options
    woodlandwoods1woodlandwoods1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Phoelarch would be a nice addition.
  • Options
    rizoguerizogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    awave wrote: »
    Not enough elf races in this game clearly, we could do with a few more... I vote for Golden High Elves or maybe Silvermoon Elves, or Quarter-Elves. Or even sparkly Twilight Elves - I'm sure a lot of girls would like that! Yes, we definitely need more elves, that's for sure.

ROFL, where in the Nine Hells is the Like button on this thing. I. Love. Your. Post!!!!

The devs are clearly listening to you and only you, my new friend!

Rizogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our Neverwinter Discussions: http://www.menzoberranzan.net
    Now Recruiting - All races and classes! Menzoberranzan Guild Recruitment
  • Options
    vanbebberianvanbebberian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Um... Dragonborn race?? Anyone?
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since there's no option for thri-kreen, I voted shifter.

(Seriously, how awesome would that be?)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    kalyctokalycto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    Drow is already in the game...
  • Options
    shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    Heya friend! Nice thread! Though 3 of your choices are just flavors of elf.... I opted for Gnome because i'm a fan of the classics. Dragonborn is a close second.
    Shifter would be awesome to introduce with the feywild module they are doing.
    They already have Goliath's in game because I've seen them in the foundry...they look awesome!

Really I suppose Goliath would be my first choice because they are already in the game, and because its easy to modify current armors to fit their frame.

As a 3d artist I suspect we will never get dragonborn because of the intensive work involved in making special versions of armor just to fit them.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lanzdowne wrote: »
    Gnomes, I miss those little guys.

gnomes were in D&D as a class long before the others were ever came about and I find drow as the only add class to be racist as I feel this game intends them to be the strongest just like in end game and they are always black (I like drow, but not as the end all of all of PvE and all races)
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also always liked half-ogres. Big and dumb with lots of power but in severe trouble against magic.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    How about a race that fixes ingame bugs and exploits and adds some further customization to our armor and archetypes? That'd be great.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    gothikaijuzerogothikaijuzero Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    Heya friend! Nice thread! Though 3 of your choices are just flavors of elf.... I opted for Gnome because i'm a fan of the classics. Dragonborn is a close second.
    Shifter would be awesome to introduce with the feywild module they are doing.
    They already have Goliath's in game because I've seen them in the foundry...they look awesome!

Really I suppose Goliath would be my first choice because they are already in the game, and because its easy to modify current armors to fit their frame.

As a 3d artist I suspect we will never get dragonborn because of the intensive work involved in making special versions of armor just to fit them.

Hey there!

I would be surprised if Gnome didn't make it in, eventually.

Apparently, there is Dragonborn data hiding in the game. The fact that they are nowhere to be seen may mean the graphics did prove too difficult, or that they decided to go more old-school with things.

I did not know that about Goliaths! I would love to see them in game, definitely a contrast to the chargetastic Half-Orc and the sturdy (but not that big) Dwarf, though Goliaths share some similarities with both Orcs and Dwarfs, lore wise (IIRC).
  • Options
    daspiandrathirdaspiandrathir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i'm surprised no one has said this yet....but i want Changeling :) pew pew Changeling warlock....now i can be w/e race i want.
  • Options
    myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sun and Moon Elves would be my next choice. (Though aren't Moon and Sun Elves just (different hued) Eladrin in 4th Edition?) Regardless, both elven subraces are very important to the history and lore of the Realms, and the game isn't as authenticly Realms without them. (Yep, the Realms has a plethora of elven sub-types - still missing would be Wild, Dark*, and Star Elves, as well as Avariel. Some people are just going to have to put up with it.)

I wasn't aware that Shifters were a particularly prominent race in the Realms, either prior to or post Spellplague (they're more an Eberron race). (If they were to add Shifters, I wouldn't mind so much, but please lets add more Realms specificish races first!)

We have Tieflings, lets see Aasimar (I think they've been renamed Deva in 4th Ed).

As for others I've seen mentioned...

Gensai - is very much meh, but sure. They exist in the Realms, more common down in Calimshan than the North though.

Dragonborn - were added to 4e, but I'm pretty sure they weren't all that common in the North.

Warforged - no, please keep them in Eberron where they belong.

Changelings - provisionally yes, though they'd have to be lowest priority along with Shifters. Eberron race is Eberron race, even though they do exist in the Realms too.

Gnomes - YES. They should have been in from the get go.

* Dark Elves are former Drow from a particular bloodline that was not demonically tainted, and when Eilistraee was killed, her sacrifice reversed the curse. They are dark skinned and haired, and live on the surface... Unless something in 4e has retconned that, which would be strange give this occured during the RSE between 3rd and 4th.
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Genasi seem to be interesting but how would they fit into classes since they have natural elemental abilities? Fire Genasi using frost spells as CW (a bit strange) or water using shock spells (that would be fun in real D&D when you would roll crit fail and shock yourself).
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Genasi from your list.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    slimjim150slimjim150 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want the misunderstood gelatinous cube.
  • Options
    rizoguerizogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Since we're adding redundant versions of vanilla elves, I vote we add Keebler elves! Love their cookies!

Rizogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our Neverwinter Discussions: http://www.menzoberranzan.net
    Now Recruiting - All races and classes! Menzoberranzan Guild Recruitment
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Eladrin, Drow, Genasi, Shifters, Deva, etc... I want them all.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."