test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gauntlgrym Temporarily Offline

pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all,

We've found some issues with Gauntlgrym, and have unfortunately had to disable it. Only Guantlgrym will be affected. We're moving maintenance up to midnight to help people affected by this, but Gauntlgrym will be off until we can troubleshoot the source of the issue.

What Happened?
Some characters who were running Gauntlgrym this afternoon had their character's location locked, so they weren't able to log in, change maps, etc. This was only affecting a small number of characters who were in Gauntlgrym, and only on the Dragon shard, as near as we can tell.

What's the Fix?
We're turning off Gauntlgrym for the moment. Although we really want today to be full of PvP, we have to head this off at the pass.

Looking slightly ahead, we're going to be moving maintenance up to midnight to help people affected by this, so everyone will be good to go when the servers come back up. Gauntlgrym will be staying off until we can resolve the issue with it -- we do not yet have a timeline for that, but we'll updated you all as soon as we know more.

When's Maintenance?

Previously, we were planning for maintenance to start at 7AM PDT. To get this resolved as fast as possible, though, we're advancing it to midnight tonight, 12:01 AM PDT on 6/21.

We don't yet have an estimate on how long maintenance will be, but stay tuned, we'll keep you updated.

What Happens with Gauntlgrym Off?

Only Gauntlgrym content is going to be affected -- all other play should work just fine.

-Guilds won't be able to ally with Luskan or Delzoun factions for Gauntlgrym.
-Players won't be able to get to the Gauntlgrym map.
-Players won't be able to queue for Gauntlgrym, both the PvP and the Dungeons.
-The Iron Tabernacle and similar events will still show up next to the minimap, but players won't be able to join them.

For players already stuck -- hang tight. You might be able to keep playing in the map, and once we finish the maintenance, you'll be able to play normally.

Thanks everyone, and stay tuned -- we'll get you back into Gauntlgrym as soon as possible.

Update: Thanks everyone for your valuable input about GG! We appreciate it very much and are working to ensure that it's in tip-top shape before bringing it back online. We'll let you know our progress as soon as we have more details. Thank you!
Post edited by pwetrailturtle on

Comments

• egreir87egreir87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the quick response! All complaining aside it really means alot to have communication with the players. Ill sit tight while you guys reel my toon back from the twisting nether of the internet! :)
  • pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    egreir87 wrote: »
    Ill sit tight while you guys reel my toon back from the twisting nether of the internet! :)

As an amateur writer myself, I approve of the vivid imagery in your post. We'll work our magic, Egreir, stay tuned!
  • ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    LOL. TY for your guys response to this. Can't wait to get back into the fun virtual world of Neverwinter.
  • kainon08kainon08 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ctowers wrote: »
    LOL. TY for your guys response to this. Can't wait to get back into the fun virtual world of Neverwinter.

Not sure if serious.
  • chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey i know this isnt the best place to ask but at least its widely viewed. Im having an issue with my game crashing randomly, and in protector enclavve its every few minute. The crash gives me an error about my directx and runnjng out of memory or something along those lines. Anyone know what i need to do.

Ps i havent been able to get the directx options in my video trouble shooting, so i cant switchit to directx9 like ive seen ppl say.
    Anyway thnx for the info and i like seeing that you guys are quick to adress issues like this that make the game unplayable. Ive only been playing a few days but this makes me very happy to kno :)
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • quickkill46quickkill46 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i understand this is a big problem and glad to see it fixed but do you guys also plan to fix the bug regarding phase 2 pve side events as well?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?361841-Gauntlgrym-phase-2-exploit&p=4599031#post4599031
  • yokoryuyokoryu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i understand this is a big problem and glad to see it fixed but do you guys also plan to fix the bug regarding phase 2 pve side events as well?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?361841-Gauntlgrym-phase-2-exploit&p=4599031#post4599031

No wonder.. thanks for this I was playingagainst some friends from a different guild and they were updating me on when they were completing things and they were FAR behind and I was extremely shocked when we (Luskan) ended up losing too. I'm on Dragon however. Sadly I didn't even get to mourn the loss for long since my game crashed soon after and I subsequently became stuck in the GG map. All this happens right after my accidental 24H ban that cost me a shizton of money in missed opportunies since I had alot to merch D: This has been a rough week indeed.
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was it brought to attention yet, that Luskan on at least the Dragon server is completely useless?
    If you are aliened with Luskan, basically you loose no matter what. Due to whatever bug is going on with that place.
    My guild leader picked Luskan, so our whole guilds kinda screwed right now due to this. Please fix it. - . -
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What Happened?
    Some characters who were running Gauntlgrym this afternoon had their character's location locked, so they weren't able to log in, change maps, etc. This was only affecting a small number of characters who were in Gauntlgrym, and only on the Dragon shard, as near as we can tell.

the second running @ 7pm Eastern on Mindflayer had this happen as well. Several Luskan players were kicked and one was frozen in place.
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also some points I wanted to point out a few things in the 2 runs our guild had in Gauntlegrym.

1. Seems some players were getting into the map early on the Delzoun side. The gates can be hopped over and glitched .
    2. The items won from Gauntlegrym phase 3 are quite sad indeed. We was expecting items to be on par or better than Castle never. It was even circulated that these items would be of raid quaility tier.
    3. The Fire Giant is very slow, doesn't aggro much and seems to be quite useless in the PvP map. Please change his response to players and his speed.
    4. Seen very VERY little action of the Catapults. Can the catapults be made to fire more often ?
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As an amateur writer myself, I approve of the vivid imagery in your post. We'll work our magic, Egreir, stay tuned!

Go for the eyes pwetrailturtle, go for the eyes!
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • trademarkedtrademarked Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gauntlgrym sucks anyway. It's a major disappointment.
  • agenteusaagenteusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited June 2013
    Soooo, explain to me this (and I'm not trolling):

A) You release the game with every single T2 dungeon being exploited and buggy as hell and you do nothing to stop it. You go live with the game so you deem it's ok that the content is broken.

B) You go live with Gauntlgrym being the most important aspect of the going "live" itself and the same day you find out it's broken and take it offline.

So, the complaints are here so I can ask a question next:

How on earth is it possible you find game breaking bugs (I'm deeming them game breaking since you had to remove the content) on the launch day on your most important content? I mean it should have been extensively tested since the game has been in open beta for 2 months.

I just want to hear your explanation on this cause at this point I'm with some people on PWE worrying only about putting stuff up to be bought with ZEN....
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    is Gauntlgrym back up ? i cant travel there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brokenbybadsmilebrokenbybadsmile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wish you could have a message INGAME where you could inform people that Gauntlgrym is offline, because I was waiting a couple of hours just to find out in the forums that its offline. And that was when the Iron event was live. Remove the freaking Iron event too.

Such a basic thing to do, yet you don't.
  • leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Gauntlgrym sucks anyway. It's a major disappointment.

Yep sure is. The PvP part of it has potential, but the rest is pure 12 year old fodder. I'd prefer 10v10 guild matchups or 20v20 to GG. Seriously, the game had potential with foundry, dungeon running and PvP...it got squandered and I am disappointed greatly. As a gm, I can hardly keep people playing this game already.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You guys do a great job communicating and that is really appreciated.
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    leshil40 wrote: »
    Yep sure is. The PvP part of it has potential, but the rest is pure 12 year old fodder. I'd prefer 10v10 guild matchups or 20v20 to GG. Seriously, the game had potential with foundry, dungeon running and PvP...it got squandered and I am disappointed greatly. As a gm, I can hardly keep people playing this game already.

Yes a 10v10 or 20v20 queuing system 24/7 would be great and if not at least have the pvp aspect available the entire duration of the event. Running around avoiding mobs to interact with objects to better contribute gets old after the first 5 minutes.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The only way to make this place relevant is up the difficulty and rewards in the end dungeons.

You can run to the t1 boss and just aoe everything at once but most people won't bother because all you get is a chance at loot you can buy for 5k glory.

The t2 boss is just an easy potential short cut to stuff that would otherwise take ~10 Gauntlgrym victories...or ~70k on the AH.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any news on Gauntlgrym and its ETA back to live?

I sure hope it gets going before the weekend is up! Would love to try it out some more.
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
  • mellwindmellwind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just wish I could play it. Please drop the guild requirement. Its hard enough getting a group let alone a guild. Too many guilds only want the l33t players.

Drak
  • zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Awesome write up about a single dungeons problem. Why was the foundry down for 4 days again? Where was the write up for that?
  • kulgribnarkulgribnar Member Posts: 84
    edited June 2013
    Gauntlgrym will be down until next big surprise patch! So get ready for whenever they release the dates of that patch for more endless avoid mobs to interact with objects and turn in pve, followed by a chance of getting into the queue of 20v20 pvp (which is the highlight) or more gathering pve and if you gather enough you could have a chance at doing a dungeon for gear that is not BiS for the majority of your classes! All of which is only available every 5 or so hours. Get excited! :D Woo
  • preciousfaithpreciousfaith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gauntlgrym will be down until next big surprise patch! So get ready for whenever they release the dates of that patch for more endless avoid mobs to interact with objects and turn in pve, followed by a chance of getting into the queue of 20v20 pvp (which is the highlight) or more gathering pve and if you gather enough you could have a chance at doing a dungeon for gear that is not BiS for the majority of your classes! All of which is only available every 5 or so hours. Get excited! :D Woo

thats sad... it hasnt been working at all for me, ive been online for all the grym events, i cant que i cant get to the map, so its more than just bugged it never worked for some people, rather a let down at every turn, let us down with founders pack, let us down by nerfing priest and not other classes (priest is so stupid to play and recivie items in events anymore) and now your awesome pvp is broken, mind you the pvp is 20v20.... 20vs20 out of an entire server.... what are the other 1billion people doing while the event is on? watching from the observers window
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Release broken content... Find out its broken.. Take it down.. TGIF! Maybe they'll fix it on Monday when their work week starts back up :rolleyes:
  • ptreese84ptreese84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    Release broken content... Find out its broken.. Take it down.. TGIF! Maybe they'll fix it on Monday when their work week starts back up :rolleyes:

Doubt it./10 char
  • blowchunksblowchunks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 81
    edited June 2013
    Get rid of the PVP portion while you're at it.
  • l3luntkingl3luntking Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maintenance for GG has been going on for almost 30 hours, I'm starting to get bored just waiting next to allegiance NPC's. Can we get an approximate answer for when the GG will be up again please ^^
  • leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    blowchunks wrote: »
    Get rid of the PVP portion while you're at it.

Get rid of the lame pve portion you mean.
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so its 22th and GG is still not fixed ?

"game is Live now"

Without its main end game content

Thats Cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.