test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About the game going live. Are you disappointed or not and why?

Comments

• Options
    infinityzeroduninfinityzerodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know where some of you got the idea there would be new classes, but there was no such word as new classes when going live, which it has done and honestly they have more important things to look at and work on, we got what we were offered.. can't please everyone. but what sucks is
    Gauntlgrym being guild to enter.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Nothing was mentioned, nothing extra was promised. We got EXACTLY what was shown on the Preview server. Did you honestly expect some secret, special, hidden, surprise to be sprung on us? Just because, just for launch? And if you did, isn't the problem with your own expectations?

Yawn.......
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I find it hard to be disappointed when they had outlined what was coming.

I was already disappointed when they announced gauntlegrym. I mentioned people won't even care to put in the effort on the forum and some strange people got angry at me.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The main reason I am disappointed is because it doesn't have all the classes and races listed in my Player's Handbook 1. For an MMO that was supposed to be based on 4e, you would think they'd start with all of it's core classes, even if it was just one build from each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I play for PvP, its so unbalanced that unless I delete a character to continually make new low level characters for PvP with that there is no reason for me to even log into this game anymore... it simply is unbalanced and not enjoyable or fun.
  • Options
    baraterobaratero Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BIG, BIG fail. Finally after hours into the first event, kaboom, disconnected for 5 mins. Pfff, aint a good face.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aorin84 wrote: »
    This "Launch" is basically Cryptic saying they feel they have ironed out any significant bugs and exploits, and are ready to say their game is officially out, even though people have been playing it for two months. They made it into this huge deal and delivered us an anchovy pizza.

And this preview shard idea is laughable. So far they've been putting test builds out for approximately 24 hours before releasing it to the Live shards.

and that's the major flaw and problem in it... if they feel the classes and everything have been ironed out at all then this game is doomed and a complete failure of a game cause it severely lacks balance... no longer in beta, they had their chance, I and hopefully everyone else quits
  • Options
    erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Technically I am not disappointed, because I did not expect anything. It was apparent after the first few days of playing that this game was very shallow with almost nothing to do and so I really don't expect it to ever be anything more than that. I wish I had a desire to do anything more than invoke and craft but there is nothing interesting about the game. The world is tiny and there is nothing to do but push a half dozen hotkeys and ride around on a horse. I don't think I have ever played an MMO with so little to do or explore. You can't be disappointed when you expect nothing. I am very glad I did not follow Neverwinter before open beta as that does little but raise the expectations of the people that do which causes them to be even more disappointed with the final product (though that is true of any MMO you follow before you can play it, so it is always better to avoid doing so).
  • Options
    amill72amill72 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not disappointed.
    The items listed by OP were never part of the release. They would have been nice, but were never promised to us.
  • Options
    wafflebaronwafflebaron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thought there may be server merges when live happened, but I guess I was wrong :P
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i just ran a skirmish on my CW and it was exactly the same as when i did it a couple weeks ago on my GF.

well except i didnt die because i wasnt trying to tank with fail mechanics for damage mitigation.
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want it to be night time again. Some of those battle looked epic in the low light :D

I cant comment on the launch, ...yet.
  • Options
    nebbiosadonzellanebbiosadonzella Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am disappointed not so much because I did expect something more than they did announce as I am because they did announce nothing more to begin with. It isn't bad per se. It is just half-assed.
  • Options
    synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have to agree with the some of the others who were disappointed. I do appreciate the devs for what they've tried to accomplish between Critic Test-Drive Live, er, Open Beta to Official Live but what Live brought to the table is lacking from the lack of new classes to still-existent bugged powers to just about the entire implementation of Gauntlgrym. Heck even the Live Trailer is lacking. Sorry, guys...the ball didn't exactly get dropped but it lost quite a bit of air and that's almost as bad. :/
  • Options
    sforcessforces Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a tricky question. Am I disappointed? Hm..

Yes and no.

I'm not disappointed, because unlike so many in the game, I read the patch notes and all other links they post in the launcher before playing everyday. So I knew there wouldn't be anything special. I also heard from someone two new classes would be coming from the new expansion that's coming.

However at the same time I am disappointed BECAUSE its a dungeons and dragons game.

Dungeons and dragons is a trademark that has been going around for years. They had a board game, and a couple actual games I believe. My wife has grown up on it, I just "noticed" it per say.

So because of this I believe a mmorpg labeled Dungeons and Dragons should be held to a higher standard than a normal mmorpg with a custom name that nobody has heard of.

I believe from the launch they should of had more classes, even if it had taken an additional year to make. An archer is a staple in most mmorpgs for example. I'm sure people would agree that if you were to take out the tr and put in the archer, it would make a little sense. Not saying Archer is better or worse than TR, however..it would have made more sense. Though to be honest after mastering in tr I cannot see myself as an archer. (that's not saying I won't switch when it doesn't come out.)

When I read about the end of open beta event I was pretty excited. However I was also sort of disappointed as well. It never said we would fight an epic boss valandra.(or whatever her name is), however if you put her in throughout the day and gave everyone who killed her something special, the event would have been quite a bit better. I mean cmon they said it was her invasion and she didn't feel like showing up? The mobs were also pretty weak for a bunch of level 60s that were aoeing them.

As noted before we are special to the game I believe. Five years from now, 50% of us right now probably won't be playing or would have quit multiple times. So for I think they should have done something before launch to say thank you. They did a rollback cape and 50 stones of health for those of you who forgot. I was VERY happy with that. And that was for a roll back. So all they would of had to do is add a special fashion for us. Like a cape, or a shirt or something.

A lot of people say "I don't know why you are so disappointed, they didn't Say they were going to do anything special."

And I think it is very easy to take that position.

Here's the position I take. Lets say I spend 40 bucks a month on the zen shop. That's 480 bucks a year I'm spending on a free mmo. Now let's say I spend the same for 5 years. That's over 2,000 I've spent on a free mmo in 5 years. So I am invested in this game as the hundreds of others. And some people may spend as much as 200 a month. Depending on their income, birthdays, Christmases etc.

So it was Cryptics job to reassure us and convince us that they were the best mmo we wanted to play and wanted to stay with for years. They didn't say they were going to do anything. However even if it took them 2 hours to program something to give us or a gm to run around saying personal thank yous, they needed to do something special for us. Something to make us relieved and say "I don't ever want to leave"

Instead it seems they have 100+ people disappointed and that is bad for business.

So am I disappointed...I don't think I can answer that.

What I can say is when you compare it to any random unheard of mmo, they are doing pretty good.

However if you are to compare them to a mighty trademark of DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS

Then yes...diehard fans who have been with the franchise for years...will indeed be disappointed.
  • Options
    izoldaizolda Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why promise players things they cannot deliver

Don't post up some stupid Drow picture <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> if it's won't come out soon.

Don't put up Companion Training Tome on NPC then label "coming soon"

Don't add stinking text on multiple Paragon Paths "coming soon" it's like saying (we know you want it, but you won't have it, not even when this game is released)

It's either there or not, "coming soon" is not an excusable incompetence. Cryptic make it look like their so called "released" game look "incomplete"

oh wait because it "IS AN INCOMPLETED GAME"
  • Options
    arachonianarachonian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    im gonna help ya out of your dream with T3

it isn't in there only T2 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> loot like before and you get 5 to 7 grym coins to buy new gear that isnt even better then the top sets you allready can get. So that immediately is my reason why dissapointed.
    The other one is not completing the dailies of GG

I apologized for getting mixed up t2/t3. I meant to say the new instances whichever they are t4 t5 t1 t2 and what not regardless loot drops or no loot drop. I'd like to run thru the new instance but to do so I have to participate in pvp. I am not interested in pvp. So is this the way how PWE works by forcing people getting into pvp to see the new contents ?

Or maybe we're saying "If ya don't like pvp gtfo" which is fine and I don't have to waste my time here.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Disappointed is not enough here. Tons of deconnections. Plus, the fusion of enchants/runestones is broken.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    sforcessforces Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    arachonian wrote: »
    I apologized for getting mixed up t2/t3. I meant to say the new instances whichever they are t4 t5 t1 t2 and what not regardless loot drops or no loot drop. I'd like to run thru the new instance but to do so I have to participate in pvp. I am not interested in pvp. So is this the way how PWE works by forcing people getting into pvp to see the new contents ?

Or maybe we're saying "If ya don't like pvp gtfo" which is fine and I don't have to waste my time here.

the point of gauntlegrym was to give those that proved to be superior in pvp eq that proved they were better than you
  • Options
    arachonianarachonian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sforces wrote: »
    the point of gauntlegrym was to give those that proved to be superior in pvp eq that proved they were better than you

I hope you are trolling.......
  • Options
    xtropianxtropian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    None of your reasons to be dissappointed were ever highlighted as a possible launch feature, must admit to being a tad confused...
    New classes have been hinted at by the devs for a long time and many people had defended the current lack of classes with "it's still in Beta," so it's reasonable for people to be disappointed with the lack of new classes at launch.

Also, I believe the word you were going for is "smug," not "confused".
  • Options
    archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ill give him the benefit of the doubt and assume hes trolling, otherwise they have no
    concept of Gaunt. Gaunt is nothing but a zerg to capture points, and your skill
    is actually less important than a 5v5 since you are with numbers (this was the same
    as Guild Wars 2).

To answer the OP, am I disappointed? Totally. Being a fan of NW2 since day 1, Im
    amazed that they would release what they did on "opening day." The gaunt rewards
    suck compared to T2 end game gear, and based on the current concept of 6 hr windows
    between matches, it will take you an eternity to get the set even if you needed it.

Even worse, there is nothing new to do in the 6 hr downtime between Gaunt matches. Why
    on earth they didn't make this an ONGOING event is beyond me. Theres nothing new to do
    between matches.

Lastly, the alchemy profession is ridiculous as it stands. You can gain no XP even at level 1,
    unless you buy the greens.
  • Options
    sotaudisotaudi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am not sure why you would think there should have been a new class added due to the release. By the time a game gets to an Open Beta, that is essentially the release version. There may be some last minute tweaks to content and such, but the point of an Open Beta is to get the game into a live state before they flip the switches and actually make it live. It is to populate zones so that everyone is not at level 1 and get things on the Auction House so that there is an established player economy so that the game feels broken in already when it "goes live."

The transition from Open Beta to live is troublesome enough without adding new classes that may have unexpected consequences. That kind of major change would be expected to be added after the transition to live.
  • Options
    civildudecivildude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    I'm disappointed mostly in gauntlygrim. Not in how it is, but in the fact that they are spaced so incredibly far apart that there will be a good number of nights where it won't happen while I am able to play.

This is the same major thing about GW2 that angered me. There is fun content in the game, but its for such limited times that I won't get to see it or get the rewards from it.
    inDAm9VkKqVQA.png
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    What launch? When the sky went from the cool Moon back to daylight?

What else happened? Oh, gauntlegrim.

This reply made me laugh, because it's so **** True
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    Their Module 1 is what you are waiting for. Looks to contain a lot of stuff. I'm hoping they will add a 10v10 pvp arena and new classes too!

I want more Gaunt too. The Downtime is too long. Would love having it offered more frequently. Yes, it still needs alittle more tweaking - phase 2 food interaction is buggy and getting both tokens to enter the quicker T2 dungeon after doesn't seem to work as intended, especially if you win it all.
  • Options
    elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    arachonian wrote: »

More like ,"Sorry you hated grouping with 4 random *insert whatever derogatory comment here* players. In order to improve the play experience you now need to do it with 19 others."

Also.....what is with all of the lifesteal on the new cleric pvp gear...seriously I'm loosing all of my crit for...lifesteal...ok...They clearly have no clue about cleric stat priorities. "We know how much you hated not being able to heal yourself that well. Now you won't be able to crit heal yourself either ahahahahahah"

Sometimes I really do think they do not want clerics to pvp period. I'm not spending cash to change to a dps spec so that life-steal is worth a &%$^ every time I feel like pvping. In fact, I just won't pvp since it's meshed into the new content. I'm not disappointed. I'm dumbfounded.... I guess I'm not missing anything since the new instances just drop everthing that was in the old 5 mans. Way to push yourselves to excel Cryptic.. My patience---->[]
  • Options
    runaestridrunaestrid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am disappointed, I had really looked forward to the new class and race, when will those two be added, and more paragon paths would be wonderful too. And well a few more looks as to how your character can look that would be great too.

From a hopeful player.
    Take care.
  • Options
    dootudootu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    How to release a game with an open beta.

1. Cap level at 50.
    2. Give people stuff for free that is awesome, like Cat, etc
    3. Make a dungeon at lvl52 that is EXTREMELY hard to complete
    4. Open Beta lasts 2-3 weeks, not 2 months
    5. Keep you're silly Zen Store shut, except for non character specific items. Eg: Banks slots, bags, character slots.
    6. Tell people at beginning that you are wiping all toons
    7. When you go "LIVE" (something this game did 2 months ago) at least have more than just 1 bit of content and a single profession (hopefully not as pointless as the other 1s)
    8. 15 other things you did wrong

The smell of a BBQ is usually better than the taste, sadly we've already eaten everything, except for the cold camel and cauliflower sausages.
  • Options
    badtuprambadtupram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm with you elahndra.

The trend in mmo's lately to do away with the 'holy trinity'. Well, what's wrong with the holy trinity? Yes i know it can be hard to find a good tank or healer but if you've got a vibrant community because you're game is awesome you'll have the classes you need. I remember back in the glory days of EQ2 as a healer I had to wait in line to get into instances with my guild because there were so many wardens and fury's. But the game was great in those days and the community was excited and vibrant.

As for the Cleric..worst self healing priest class I've ever played in any game bar none. In pvp as a cleric you're just hamburger. Honestly. And in pve I spend a lot of my time popping potions, and dogging just surviving the hard hitting ads so I can assist and heal my group. Way too much time.

I play a rouge too. No problems there in pvp. Yeah I get ganged up on sometimes by other TR's and CW's but that's to be expected. The thing is I have some survivability even when that happens. But as a cleric I don't. As a cleric I should have a much better chance of getting out of something like that in pvp. Is that to say a cleric should be OP in that regard? Absolutely not. But if a healer can't heal themselves and they're squishy anyway, they won't survive. You're worthless to your grp and that's disappointing.

When I look at stats after a dungeon or pvp I never look at how many kills I have as a healer. I don't expect as many as a tank or dps class. I look at how much I healed. That's why I play the class. If I can't heal me I can't stay alive to heal you. Simple.