test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About the game going live. Are you disappointed or not and why?

13»

Comments

• Options
    itsjzkitsjzk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Eh it's alright I guess.

The new event is ok. PvP is fun but farming the items is a bit boring.

Sucks that it's kinda slow and buggy though. I'm currently locked out of my main, can't log in. Says time-out or something like that.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm disappointed because the bridge dwellers weren't dipped in sulfuric acid.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    So....what has changed from "beta" to "launch"?

Nothing.

Disappoint.

That is the most pathetic part i think. There are still exploits, bugs, class issues, and this alchemy prof what a joke. All a game review that was done for the beta now just has to remove beta from the review and add what they think about Guant and alchemy prof.
  • Options
    sforcessforces Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    badtupram wrote: »
    I'm with you elahndra.

The trend in mmo's lately to do away with the 'holy trinity'. Well, what's wrong with the holy trinity? Yes i know it can be hard to find a good tank or healer but if you've got a vibrant community because you're game is awesome you'll have the classes you need. I remember back in the glory days of EQ2 as a healer I had to wait in line to get into instances with my guild because there were so many wardens and fury's. But the game was great in those days and the community was excited and vibrant.

As for the Cleric..worst self healing priest class I've ever played in any game bar none. In pvp as a cleric you're just hamburger. Honestly. And in pve I spend a lot of my time popping potions, and dogging just surviving the hard hitting ads so I can assist and heal my group. Way too much time.

I play a rouge too. No problems there in pvp. Yeah I get ganged up on sometimes by other TR's and CW's but that's to be expected. The thing is I have some survivability even when that happens. But as a cleric I don't. As a cleric I should have a much better chance of getting out of something like that in pvp. Is that to say a cleric should be OP in that regard? Absolutely not. But if a healer can't heal themselves and they're squishy anyway, they won't survive. You're worthless to your grp and that's disappointing.

When I look at stats after a dungeon or pvp I never look at how many kills I have as a healer. I don't expect as many as a tank or dps class. I look at how much I healed. That's why I play the class. If I can't heal me I can't stay alive to heal you. Simple.

How are clerics squishy in pvp? sure if you get ganged up on you're gonna die quick, everyone would. however when 1v1 or 1v2, your shield is so **** op you could survive for awhile. and when 1v1 as long as you dodge a tr stun you can survive forever >.>
  • Options
    shandriltlshandriltl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For sure, I'm disappointed. The new Gauntlgrym event is a very tiny niche thing. Not open often, buggy, unfun and not worth it reward wise. It's kinda .. .well we know regular PvP kinda sucks. There's only one map, it's repetitive as heck so here's another with some PvE mixed in just to lure more fodder for a short while until they get back to regular DD schedule.

But wait, there's Alchemy too. Worst profession setup. Goes completely against the previous profession progression, there's no tutorial, explanation or whatnot. Find out about it on your own. We just released something so have at it. Let's see if you know what we're doing more than us. Once you figure it out, wait you cannot use AH for resources and assets either. Ah Ah we thought you'd like the extra challenge. Alchemy is still effectively in early open beta.

So overall, there's really nothing to be excited about. It's business as usual with the same features as in open beta except for new additions that don't work so well.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just look at the poll results. Most of us were disappointed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Can't get experience in alchemy.

Cannot find items on AH related to alchemy.

Cannot upgrade or unbind companions.

Mount + training is still too expensive. (I was referring to the books)

Still cannot recover skirmishes that were outleveled. We need to be able to do all skirmishes, imo.

Was hoping for paragon path variants.

Blue items on Wonderous Bazaar are way too expensive (1.5million for a blue hat)

Still no preview for vendor items. For the prices, this needs to have happened yesterday.

Enchant exploit is still going strong.

Exploited goods still on AH.

Trading windows are still easily tricked and cheated.

Guild chose alliance without conferring with members.

Cannot do new content without guild.

Guild member timezones greatly affect my game play now.
    Guild affects my game play too greatly, forcing me to play throughout the middle of the night -or-
    ...find a new guild, which prevents me from playing with the people I WANT to play with, my guild and friends in my guild.

Zen prices are still too high on things that really matter. Bags, wards.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    dutch143dutch143 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daschla wrote: »

Still no preview for vendor items. For the prices, this needs to have happened yesterday.

Oh god, I have been pushing for this from day 1.......how this still is not in game baffles me..
  • Options
    arachonianarachonian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And the "best part" of all....PWE already cashed in millions $$$......so it's on all of us.
  • Options
    healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    I want a pony!

spoiled-brat.jpg

You owe me a busted side.

As for the topic, no. I don't have high hope to begin with, so I am not disappointed at all.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think the issues is the Post about the 20th going live was ALSO the first post about faywild update I think since there was 1 date people assumed it was all schedualed for the 20th. in fact a lot of my friends were confused the balanceing hit sooner. it is really better to get 1 or 2 things every wek than 8 things every 2-3 months. even if you get the same basic things. its easier to test and patch one thing than 8.

Alchemy actually surprised me, since it was announced right before going live. It almost makes me suspect Archery had been planned but something went wrong so they gave us a profession instead. But then again most of the info we have are rumors at best.
    I think they should have:

1 clearly outlined what was going to be new
    2 Kept the going live and faywild stuff seprate

Alchemy tips:
    1 you can buy basic alchemy supplies in marketplace same as for other skils.
    2 The leadership tasks that give boxes will occationally have alchemy supplies
    3 You randomly will get Alchemy experience when doing other things
    Ive mostly got it with the experimentation based jobs.
    4 the random potion will sometimes turn you into an animal but its to short!
  • Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    Yes

They didn't manage to patch the gateway with alchemy
  • Options
    theodraxtheodrax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    I'm not really disappointed. As far as I'm concerned the game has been live for a month and a half now. They just couldn't maintain the facade of a beta any longer.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm only disappointed that Cryptic thinks the state of the game is good enough to be a full release.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    utania wrote: »
    Yes

They didn't manage to patch the gateway with alchemy

For what it's worth, Alchemy is being added to Gateway with this maintenance, we just posted patch notes.
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The game went live a long time ago, it was a soft launch.

What new were you expecting? Oh yea the God patch.... cuz that always happens.... just stop believing the fanbois and you won't be disappointed...
  • Options
    chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's why I'm disappointed:

Broken promises.
    Misleading promises.
    Pandering to the top tier hyper-competitive no lifers while marginalizing & ignoring the casual player, non-competitive players & those who have limited time to play.
  • Options
    chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    The game went live a long time ago, it was a soft launch.

What new were you expecting? Oh yea the God patch.... cuz that always happens.... just stop believing the fanbois and you won't be disappointed...

So are you calling the game devs "fanbois"? Or did you just not read the published announcements & info that PWE & Cryptic posted about the updates along with all their promises that we'd get the new class on the 20th and Gauntlgrym was "something for everyone"? I have no idea what fanbois you speak of...
  • Options
    ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    theodrax wrote: »
    I'm not really disappointed. As far as I'm concerned the game has been live for a month and a half now. They just couldn't maintain the facade of a beta any longer.

Pretty much this ^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Am I wrong that shards were supposed to be merged at launch?
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    avidlurkeravidlurker Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    To all those who are disappointed about the lack of a new class:
    I'm sure someone in marketing at cryptic is just as mad as you are.

It would have been a great opportunity imho and for, say, the warlock not to make it's debut there must have been good reasons.
    Timing would have been perfect for it. The only reason I can think of not introducing a new class and there being no talk about a new class for module 1 (yet?) is that with hindsight of some of the balancing issues seen with GWFs and others they must have decided to go over their plans for new classes. The probably unexpected extra work to go over our existing classes and their issues must have pushed time frames back.

Would have just been nice to be told the reasons, is all.

Looking at the future with the sheer number of class possibilities offered by D&D I could very well see NW evolving into an alt playing game.
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On the plus side, hopefully now we will see less of those 'this game is OPEN BETA - stop whining and wait until Launch posts!

The negative side is that (as I had expected) the game didn't have any hidden nuggets to keep people playing other than what was already out there - from what I understand Gauntlgrym hasn't sent the MMO genre alight either. I think we can now see how well? they managed to hide what was initially deveoped as a CO-OP game with NPC companions and sell it as an MMO.

I paid my money; I got 2 chars to 60; I had fun doing it - but now I'm leaving NW alone until something new comes along.
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    silvernite wrote: »
    As the topic states, are you disappointed with the live release of Neverwinter? Either way, why?

I admit I'm very disappointed with Live launch or Neverwinter.

Reasons:
    1. No New Classes
    2. No Training Tomes for your companions
    3. No Exp in Alchemy for most of the crafts
    4. No Mail Boxes in areas other than the main city

I am disappointed that this game has gone live with no new classes. There is a "Nature" skill in the game and not a single class with this skill. Furthermore Class balnce has not been completely addressed yet. GWF mad GF are still being ignore for CN groups. Most CN groups are Still DC, DC, CW, CW , TR which is reidiculous, since I have done these as a DC and that second cleric is pointless and all the extra work now falls on both wizards.

Basically a D&D game without a "Fireball" spell is not a D&D game. Live should mean, Ranger Warlock, Bard, Paladin and a 2nd Wizard. So we have two tanks, Two healers, Two Ranged damage, Two COntrollers, One Melee Damage and whatever the F Cryptic thinks a GWF is.
  • Options
    silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Another disappointment in they don't have a normal weapons crafting ability. Basically you know how to make tools and armor but lack the skill the make the weapons to use with the armor or to protect yourself.

On the plus side, the Alchemy skill was nice.