test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Price of volumes of training?

dirfingedirfinge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The will cost will be equally expensive than riding?

What price do you put it?

Training Tome I

50000AD

Training Tome II

10000AD

Training Tome III

20000AD
Post edited by dirfinge on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My predictions (based on mount training costs):

T1: 256,000 AD

T2: 768,000 AD

T3: 2,304,000 AD
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »

No, please do not listen to you
  • Options
    izoldaizolda Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013

2 Mil AD diamond lol for T3?

To go from lv25 to lv30?

Assume the companion dps noticable and not goes on coffee break half way during battle or die by 1 hit.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Training Tome I

50000AD

Training Tome II

10000AD

Training Tome III

20000AD

Well, usually prices go up higher you train.
    Not mix up with no sense at all...

And i choose 10000AD for Tome2, then Tome1 will be 5000AD and Tome3 will be 15000AD.

And then monkeys fly out of Valindra's butt.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    izolda wrote: »
    2 Mil AD diamond lol for T3?

To go from lv25 to lv30?

Assume the companion dps noticable and not goes on coffee break half way during battle or die by 1 hit.

Those were the costs from mount training iirc. Hopefully that gets changed before/when they add companion training as well. From the looks of it, it seems like we won't get it for a while though. As they listed companion training as a feature of the upcoming module.

Also I would expect the prices to be lower. As they seem to have suggested in the dev blog that it would be smaller amounts of AD to upgrade in steps than just buying a purple companion outright at once.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Well, usually prices go up higher you train.
    Not mix up with no sense at all...

And i choose 10000AD for Tome2, then Tome1 will be 5000AD and Tome3 will be 15000AD.

And then monkeys fly out of Valindra's butt.

I also thought up 50k per Tier, but it may seem too little to Crytic.
  • Options
    dorkchopsdorkchops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited June 2013
    Considering a purple companion costs ~1m AD I'm guessing getting a white companion to 30 will cost about that much...
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The mount training books are probably not the best comparison, as you only really have one mount, but you can have multiple companions, so I would hope that the cost of training companions would be lower, though probably not nearly as cheap as some have suggested.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I've been thinking I should be very low prices so that you can level up with your pet would be the most ideal.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dorkchops wrote: »
    Considering a purple companion costs ~1m AD I'm guessing getting a white companion to 30 will cost about that much...

Purple Phoera in the AH right now for 85K. Fire archon for 380K. Only the rock companion is priced at 1m AD. Kind of knocks the umph out of high training costs.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Honestly even before they give us access to training tomes they should fix the AI of the companions, Especially the cleric one, who seems to like to wander right into the action instead of staying back and healing/attacking from a distance. I can understand if they are attacked, but I have seen my cleric actively, move right next to me while I'm fighting a group of adds or a boss.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    dorkchopsdorkchops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited June 2013
    well you cant base it off AH prices. You have to base it off their ZEN pricing. Since it is f2p they want their money one way or another so I think my estimate for the total cost is dead on.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    My guess would be ...

150,000 - White to Green (lvl 20)
    350,000 - Green to Blue (lvl 25)
    450,000 - Blue to Purple (lvl 30)

Total: 950,000
  • Options
    vam1r4t3vam1r4t3 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    ...the cleric one, who seems to like to wander right into the action instead of staying back and healing/attacking from a distance ... I have seen my cleric actively, move right next to me while I'm fighting a group of adds or a boss.

Yeah mine does the same thing, It's like she wants to be hit in the face by a level 60 boss. Also, the game is live now and still no Training tomes, I'd happily have spent (a reasonable) amount of zen on a training tome or a ****ing purple healer companion. Because frankly I don't care about the others. Would have bought the Kelemvor Acolyte but her abilities seem lame, I mean I get lifesteal from my armor and it doesn't die every 2 seconds.

Just let me buy the training tomes so I can have a level 60 healer. I will not buy the ****ty companions from the zen store unless they release a purple healer. This isn't pokemon, I don't want them and I don't need them.

The game is live, release the blasted training tomes.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I can notice that no one has faith that the price of the volume is very low, giving access to all players from low levels
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dirfinge wrote: »
    I can notice that no one has faith that the price of the volume is very low, giving access to all players from low levels

This is PWE we're talking about here. They only do macro-transactions.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Sadly this is pretty much the way it is. Any 'set' AD prices in the game are outrageous. My favorite one to mention is the mount training, that runs roughly 3 times the cost of a rank 3 zen mount. But it goes for other things too. Someone yesterday pointed out that it cost more to use the AD feat respec than to change the AD into zen and buy a full zen shop respec.

I am hopeful that they plan to adjust the prices later down the line. But it doesn't look like its happening anywhere soon.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This is PWE we're talking about here. They only do macro-transactions.
    Forgive my ignorance but is PWE.?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Perfect World Entertainment. The people that bought Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Perfect World Entertainment.
    /ninjaed
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Perfect World Entertainment. The people that bought Cryptic.

I think I was wrong who curse for every bug that appears, but not crytic is the programmer?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I think I was wrong who curse for every bug that appears, but not crytic is the programmer?
    Cryptic are the design studio, PWE own them. Like EA own DICE, Bioware, etc.

From what I've seen, blame is assigned to Cryptic for bugs, PWE for the high cost of things and both for poor design decisions.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic are the design studio, PWE own them. Like EA own DICE, Bioware, etc.

From what I've seen, blame is assigned to Cryptic for bugs, PWE for the high cost of things and both for poor design decisions.
    I understand now that the fault is divided hahah
  • Options
    shandriltlshandriltl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure the price is a big issue or the presence of those tomes or training or not actually. The only useful companions later on are unkillable ones that don't have extra slots to be unlocked by training tomes.

In that context, would anyone pay a ton of AD to level up a mostly useless companion? You could double the level of the cleric and she'd still be practically useless, die in a hurry, get stuck and agro stuff they shouldn't while sitting in red circles all day. And compared to T3 lvl 30 companions, level 15-25 ones are not that much better. Until companions are more relevant outside of cat/stone, training tomes could be dirt cheap, it'd still make little sense to use them.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I think if you want to make money selling pets more attractive, such as a dragon.

And above all increase the Ai and able to kill the adds minimum of dungeon weaker if the stone and the cat will be the most usefu
  • Options
    willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    The only useful companions later on

Other companions can still be useful for solo instances, foundry etc.

I still break out galeb once in a while or phoera and leave the stone/cat for dungeons. If you upgrade phoera with the right stats (+indom runes) it can put out some decent damage now.

Oddly enough I had the panther out in a dungeon (can't remember why cause I hate it), but it stayed alive during an entire boss fight (T1) due to cleric AOE heals. Kind of funny.

My guess is blue to purple will be extremely expensive. PWE will be banking on people wanting to upgrade their augment companions. Now you'll see spam in zone chat GS x.xk +PURPLE COMPANION!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Other companions can still be useful for solo instances, foundry etc.

I still break out galeb once in a while or phoera and leave the stone/cat for dungeons. If you upgrade phoera with the right stats (+indom runes) it can put out some decent damage now.

Oddly enough I had the panther out in a dungeon (can't remember why cause I hate it), but it stayed alive during an entire boss fight (T1) due to cleric AOE heals. Kind of funny.

My guess is blue to purple will be extremely expensive. PWE will be banking on people wanting to upgrade their augment companions. Now you'll see spam in zone chat GS x.xk +PURPLE COMPANION!!!!

hahah Now W/Ioun cat
    I believe that pets become stronger if it would be more fun, Whereat Thieft with his aoe pull Adds reach the cliff.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Let's continue with this topic may be of help
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Reading this dudes attempt at English is awesome.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Training Tome I

50000AD

Training Tome II

10000AD

Training Tome III

20000AD
    Not to bash you here but these numbers won't even be close imo. I hope they are right on because that would be some cheap training. Considering they charge a ton of ad for id scorlls. Even more ad for portal scrolls to enclave. This would be a dream come true if prices were that low. I fear tang56 is closer w/ his pricing though. 200k-2mil ad seems more cryptic style to me :(