test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So where are our "surprises"?

Comments

• Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The surprise is

!!!!!!

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    xaerostrikexaerostrike Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no Ranger then im just going to stick to Final Fantasy XIV...
  • Options
    muratoyomuratoyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm extremely disappointed with last patch. The dungeon are already all poorly designed, still extremely extremely buggy. PvP is just a straight joke, it needs more maps and gear sets... not the least inferior set of them all. The they have "Dungeon Delves" events and "Gaunt" events is one of the stupidest systems i've ever seen in a game. So it's pretty much saying hey... don't bother with this **** unless the event is up, gotcha. So what the hell am I supposed to do in the meantime.... running dungeons without Dungeon Delves is entirely unrewarding and useless imo. PvP is extremely boring in its current state, with a handful of maps, and no new gear (current sets arent even good). Professions are so extremely silly stupid, it's pretty much queue up a bunch of **** every few hours for some XP, and it gets ridiculously slow past level 15+, LIKE EXTREMELY. So when I log in I keep trying to ask myself, what the hell do I want to do? Useless ends up being 1-2 PvP matches then I log out of boredom, cause nothing ingame is worth doing.
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    Id like to do a shout out to the BSN, bioware forums. Especially the infested nerdy corners of drama and despair RP'ers hang out in, the kind that write fanfics. The drama of that place because some character wasn't bi but straight or how they did this and that love scene in the game wrong... dear lord, almost worse then the swamp that is the ME3 multiplayer boards. :P (e-peen in a forum for a small team co-op game... hilarious :P )

the bioware forums can produce so much entertainment though.

everyone there is so serious, and people actually complain about things being overpowered in single player games and will get all mad over it if you egg them on at all.

if you are bored anyhow...
  • Options
    gerritxgerritx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But keep flinging (hehe) fertilizer around, verbally speaking, instead of actually trying to promote change in this game's direction towards the better. Go after those that do, dem activist <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!

Here's how this thread progressed. It started with a complaint that we didn't get a big "surprise" -not a real problem in itself. Then someone points out that there were never plans to release a new class/race and gets called a fanboi -it escalated from there.

Offering suggestions or even valid complaints is not the issue. Complaining about things that were never promised (for this release) is an issue. Yes, we all want the new content -but as with every game, it will come out when it is ready. So yeah, asking for stuff in the future is cool, complaining that we do not have it right now is not cool. If you have valid complaints or concerns, that's fine but it's getting mixed in with the actual people complaining "I WANT IT NOW". We all want it now, but many of us understand we can't have it all now and for that we get called Fanboys?
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WoW is not based on Dungeons & Dragons.
    WoW has always had so much more content than Neverwinter it's not even funny.
    WoW has open world PvP and Factions.
    WoW has so many more features and customer support and... I could go on, but comparing the two is just plain silly.
    WoW has been out 10 years, always fairly strong or dominating the MMO genre, with only gaining 2 new classes and 5 races cause it has -everything else-.

I'm as far from a Blizzard fanboy as you can get, but atleast they launched a full MMO (and yes, I was there during "the rough parts", including every expansion except Pandaria).

It's also a casual MMO meant for 10 year olds.
  • Options
    aorin84aorin84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm appalled with Cryptic's lack of response to this hugely disappointing launch. The response we get is a link to their module 1 site, which has no mention of the top 3 things the community wants.

1) New Classes
    2) Paragon Paths for existing classes, and appropriate fixes to the current Paragon paths
    3) Drow as a playable race

It's like you guys don't even read the forums. You pop in to say irrelevant things and link "information" that is even more insulting.

I've been ranting on the forums for like an hour now. I think I'm done with this.

I'm saying it now, this poor communication and inability to meet customer expectations is going to be the death of this game.
  • Options
    gnominiongnominion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    hann1bal13 wrote: »
    You guys didn't see the new cheese vendor to complement all the whine?

LOL that was funny!!!

Now see, if they told us what the surprises were, they wouldn't be surprises. Just imagine how surprised youare all going to be when all the vendors in PE turn in to werewolves tonight and eat all the players.
  • Options
    johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's also a casual MMO meant for 10 year olds.

It is now, it wasn't when it launched, nor under TBC. It started going downhill fast with WotLK. I endured until clearing the first heroic raids in Cata, but was running on steam for the last year in WoW. Also I don't see how your post was particularly relevant.
    Anyway, back to topic - I'd much rather discuss this game.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aorin84 wrote: »
    I'm appalled with Cryptic's lack of response to this hugely disappointing launch. The response we get is a link to their module 1 site, which has no mention of the top 3 things the community wants.

1) New Classes
    2) Paragon Paths for existing classes, and appropriate fixes to the current Paragon paths
    3) Drow as a playable race

It's like you guys don't even read the forums. You pop in to say irrelevant things and link "information" that is even more insulting.

I've been ranting on the forums for like an hour now. I think I'm done with this.

I'm saying it now, this poor communication and inability to meet customer expectations is going to be the death of this game.

I must have missed a patch note or something, but when launch was release, the patch note was release early and didn't mention class or anything.

Technically, since we are out of open beta and launch, what we have been playing is now "officially" launched. This mean it is now in stores IF this was a physical product. So it comes as is.

The expansion usually have new class and such.

It would have been awesome to have new class and race on launch.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    aorin84aorin84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    I must have missed a patch note or something, but when launch was release, the patch note was release early and didn't mention class or anything.

Technically, since we are out of open beta and launch, what we have been playing is now "officially" launched. This mean it is now in stores IF this was a physical product. So it comes as is.

The expansion usually have new class and such.

It would have been awesome to have new class and race on launch.

It's more of a perception thing.
    The game has been "out" for two months, and Cryptic is all "OMG WE'RE OFFICIALLY LIVE ON JUNE 20th" and (from facebook) "a few other surprises when Neverwinter launches!" but then its business as usual for us, the player base.

To put it metaphorically, Your girlfriends sends you the following text message "I've got a surprise for you when you get here ;)"
    When you arrive, you are disappointed to learn that she got you a new toothbrush, when you totally thought she meant something....else...

They made Launch seem like it was going to be a big deal, and I guarantee you every single person that read that Facebook update, even the ones that are now defending them (Cryptic), were HOPING the surprise was a new class or classes. If they had put that in the preview shard or patch notes, it would not have been a very exciting way to unveil something that exciting.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    At least you kids can't say it's "beta" anymore, lol
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The game has been "out" for two months, and Cryptic is all "OMG WE'RE OFFICIALLY LIVE ON JUNE 20th" and (from facebook) "a few other surprises when Neverwinter launches!" but then its business as usual for us, the player base.

To put it metaphorically, Your girlfriends sends you the following text message "I've got a surprise for you when you get here ;)"
    When you arrive, you are disappointed to learn that she got you a new toothbrush, when you totally thought she meant something....else...

They made Launch seem like it was going to be a big deal, and I guarantee you every single person that read that Facebook update, even the ones that are now defending them (Cryptic), were HOPING the surprise was a new class or classes. If they had put that in the preview shard or patch notes, it would not have been a very exciting way to unveil something that exciting.

Well said, sir. +9000
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thaliffthaliff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kwequa wrote: »
    OK...we can help out..

surprise.jpg

Just kidding :D

beer on keyboard now..thanks...thanks a lot... :)
    On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I can totally understand. Maybe the surprise is super sale on Zen Store (cheaper than before)
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    At least you kids can't say it's "beta" anymore, lol

but.. but its only been out for one day!

;_;
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    Nah, they need to make max $ off new players buying bags, companions and mounts.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    On a similar note, this is the EXACT reason why Devs and mods don't response as much. Every single word, type, print, even implied put certain mindset of the players.

And the players wonder why the devs don't communicate as much to the public........

two words "And Surprise" got people to an uproar!
  • Options
    infinityzeroduninfinityzerodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Funny though I remember reading somewhere neverwinter would only launch with 5 classes
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    On a similar note, this is the EXACT reason why Devs and mods don't response as much. Every single word, type, print, even implied put certain mindset of the players.

And the players wonder why the devs don't communicate as much to the public........

two words "And Surprise" got people to an uproar!

Whoever made that post should have omitted the whole last half of the sentence.
    "We're getting ready for the release of Gauntlgrym, Alchemy, and a few other surprises tomorrow when Neverwinter launches!"

What surprises? There WERE NO SURPRISES.

It's exactly what I'm talking about with bad communication.
  • Options
    lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2013
    come on, i was really surprised when i saw i could only queue for Gauntlgrym once every 6h... that's a surprise... nobody said it would be a good surprise ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lejdg wrote: »
    come on, i was really surprised when i saw i could only queue for Gauntlgrym once every 6h... that's a surprise... nobody said it would be a good surprise ;)

LOL. I love it!
  • Options
    lurkerbraglurkerbrag Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What they should have done is the following:
    SURPRISE NOBODY expects the End of Open Beta! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and zen store...zen store and surprise.... Our two weapons are zen store and surprise...and shard maintenance.... Our *three* weapons are zen store, surprise, and shard maintenance...and an almost non-fanatical devotion to the Forum.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as zen store, surprise.... I'll come in again.

Credit to Monty Python
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Whoever made that post should have omitted the whole last half of the sentence.
    "We're getting ready for the release of Gauntlgrym, Alchemy, and a few other surprises tomorrow when Neverwinter launches!"

What surprises? There WERE NO SURPRISES.

It's exactly what I'm talking about with bad communication.

This. Coupled with them promising new classes "very soon" a month or so ago, a lot of people were really let down. Um, I'm sorry, but Module 1 is not "very soon" nor was it "very soon" a month ago.... And honestly I doubt we'll even see new classes then despite what community mods might say, because there's nothing on the Fury of the Feywild page about new classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    izoldaizolda Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was hoping for new race and class. Especially the multiple paragon path, this game look so "incomplete"
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    izolda wrote: »
    Was hoping for new race and class. Especially the multiple paragon path, this game look so "incomplete"

I agree 100%. My buddies don't want to give it a chance because of how restrictive and limited the class system is. They can't design any of the characters we used in our campaign, and they exclusively used Player's Handbook 1....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think one of the surprises is the player base quitting. I don't want to log in anymore and as a cleric I have zero reason to consider doing so.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I think one of the surprises is the player base quitting. I don't want to log in anymore and as a cleric I have zero reason to consider doing so.

But you can do that whole PEW PEW PEW thing like a wizard only not as good!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    2 new elven races? So where is the gnome?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    2 new elven races? So where is the gnome?

We're also missing Dragonborn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.