test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No New Class?

tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What happen to the new class's? Why aren't they out yet? I haven't played the game in weeks.. No reason to play.. most of us that has stopped playing have been waiting for the releah of the game and the new class's.... But you have barely added anything new....Have you forgotten that this is a D&D game? Lots of class's.... What did you use to get players to play the game again on the launch? What was so good about the launch of this game that made everyone want to play the game again? Nothen..... This was a bad move devs.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Forget new classes just add new Paragon Paths. I hope that they NEVER add new classes!
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope they get to a point, if NW is going to last more than a month, to where they are fixing bugs in hours, and adding new content bi-weekly, and new classes/paragon paths monthly. With D&D they have a wealth of content to draw from, so all they really need to do is translate that content into the game faithfully and bug free. Unfortunately they aren't doing too great with bugs, both in that there are too many amongst the classes and take too long getting addressed, and they need to likely balance PVP and PVE separately if they hope to introduce new classes on any kind of regular basis. Hopefully they can pull it together, but they've had an exhaustive development time already for NW to be in the state it is in, especially for a company with several previous MMO's under their belt.
  • dmz1969dmz1969 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You keep saying that. Well, I for one, disagree. This is D&D. I believe that they NEED to add many more classes. The minimal selection at launch was the main sticking point for me and has been for many of my friends.

See how I didn't quote any statistics? Just my opinion and that of my friends in opposition to your own.
    edited June 2013
    dmz1969 wrote: »
    You keep saying that. Well, I for one, disagree. This is D&D. I believe that they NEED to add many more classes. The minimal selection at launch was the main sticking point for me and has been for many of my friends.

See how I didn't quote any statistics? Just my opinion and that of my friends in opposition to your own.

My friends and I don't want new classes that fit the same group role. We do not want to see four "different" tank, healer, etc classes that are balanced against each other and then handicapped just to make them appear as if they are somehow different. If all you want is some flavor or diversity you can have that by adding new Paragon Paths which is fine but adding new classes "just because its cool" isn't a valid reason for my friends and I.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • bloodsuckingparasitebloodsuckingparasite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    My friends and I don't want new classes that fit the same group role. We do not want to see four "different" tank, healer, etc classes that are balanced against each other and then handicapped just to make them appear as if they are somehow different. If all you want is some flavor or diversity you can have that by adding new Paragon Paths which is fine but adding new classes "just because its cool" isn't a valid reason for my friends and I.

Paragon paths do nothing for the diversity of the game. Just because you and your friends do not wish for new classes does not mean a great deal of other players do not. I have actually stopped playing because I reached the end game in a week and couldn't actually play the end game, a new character would've at least had some pull for me to log back in.

Dungeons and Dragons: Online
    Tera
    World of Warcraft
    Perfect World: International
    Forsaken World

All good MMOs with more than 5 classes. Now, if NW:O is going to continue to do what 4e did to DnD then I cannot say this game will last as long as its competitors. It's their first day officially "live" and they've already upset a lot of players, the extra class would've helped with that.
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now, if NW:O is going to continue to do what 4e did to DnD then I cannot say this game will last as long as its competitors. It's their first day officially "live" and they've already upset a lot of players, the extra class would've helped with that.

But 4E has more players than any previous D&D version. This is according to Wizards of the Coast website.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now, if NW:O is going to continue to do what 4e did to DnD then I cannot say this game will last as long as its competitors. It's their first day officially "live" and they've already upset a lot of players, the extra class would've helped with that.

It will take over two years for the devs to release all the classes in 4e's Player's Handbook 1 at the current rate. Also, in 4e you could make your own builds, multiclass, and make hybrid classes. We'll never have those options. Don't blame what the devs have done on 4e, please. Comparing this to 4e is like comparing Pac Man to Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was hoping the drow race would be available without having to pay $200 on a mount and cat that I do not want. New classes are all well and good, other new races as well, but I want a drow character and had heard it would be a free class. :(
  • runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    ...I have actually stopped playing because I reached the end game in a week and couldn't actually play the end game, a new character would've at least had some pull for me to log back in.

You rushed to 60 and now you cry because you're bored.

/Facepalm
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was hoping the drow race would be available without having to pay $200 on a mount and cat that I do not want. New classes are all well and good, other new races as well, but I want a drow character and had heard it would be a free class. :(

60 days from now drow will be opened up.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited June 2013
    I have actually stopped playing because I reached the end game in a week and couldn't actually play the end game, a new character would've at least had some pull for me to log back in.

I am confused... If you reached the end game in a week why wouldn't you reach the end game again within a week with a new class and post the same thing over and over? Do you think Cryptic is going to add a new class every week to Neverwinter?

confused-man-370x229.jpg?1368666149
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • bloodsuckingparasitebloodsuckingparasite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    But 4E has more players than any previous D&D version. This is according to Wizards of the Coast website.

That may be true, but they have irritated a lot of players who were satisfied with 3 and 3.5e. It may be easier to understand for some, but it doesn't have the same feel to it.
    wuhsin wrote: »
    It will take over two years for the devs to release all the classes in 4e's Player's Handbook 1 at the current rate. Also, in 4e you could make your own builds, multiclass, and make hybrid classes. We'll never have those options. Don't blame what the devs have done on 4e, please. Comparing this to 4e is like comparing Pac Man to Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time...

I'll agree with that, it is a little unfair to compare Pac Man to Legend of Zelda: OoT. Anyways, the playerbase doesn't need EVERY class within 2 years, just a bone every now and again. I wouldn't be against going a year without a new class if they had quality content that felt engaging and was fun.

Also, I was trying to say they dumbed down an already dumbed down model for D&D, not putting all the blame on the actual edition itself.

/Facepalm

Yup, call someone a crier for pointing out that there is no end game for people who aren't part of an active guild or have a group of friends. What an intelligent member of the community you are.
  • runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    ^ Lol yes because you specifically wrote that on your previous post, that you're not part of a guild or have a group of friends. LEL
    What an intelligent member of the community you are.

Intelligent? yes. Now stop crying boy. oh wait...you're a baby my bad. keep crying.
  • benialahabenialaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will NEVER play a trikster rouge to create a ranger...
  • ivaneyesivaneyes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey look I’m with you guys but you really think this game is some long term grandiose MMO that’s going to grow into some awesome D&D based game? Come on now you all know better. Some games like WoW, EQ series ect ect are serious long term projects that other smaller projects help fund. Neverwinter is one of those smaller projects designed to generate $. It’s about investors who put up 1$ million for example and are told "we can build a game in 2-3 years and generate 3$ million in revenues returns.

Gamers sometimes get so into the aspects of the game they forget it’s a business first and all businesses have one goal and that’s make money. The F2P "but you will pay" mechanism works and generates funds very efficiently. The writing is on the wall this game is totally lacking depth and is a constant carrot leading the MMO player base donkey.
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    I am confused... If you reached the end game in a week why wouldn't you reach the end game again within a week with a new class and post the same thing over and over? Do you think Cryptic is going to add a new class every week to Neverwinter?

Yup, I expect every mmo I play to meet my needs and desires for content, deadlines, and sales /sarcasm :P
    Seriously though, if they had a new class it would've taken some of the heat off of the GG and given people something else to do, if you're not in a guild there was no update or content for you. They made a huge "Oops!" on day 1 of being live.
    ^ Lol yes because you specifically wrote that on your previous post, that you're not part of a guild or have a group of friends. LEL

Intelligent? yes. Now stop crying boy. oh wait...you're a baby my bad. keep crying.

Please stay focused on the topic of the thread, which is about the lack of a new class, not your opinions of my playstyle.
  • darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Also, how about the training books for our Companions? I mean the game did go live today right? why is there still so much content missing if a game is supposed to be live? Seriously!!!
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ivaneyes wrote: »
    Hey look I’m with you guys but you really think this game is some long term grandiose MMO that’s going to grow into some awesome D&D based game? Come on now you all know better. Some games like WoW, EQ series ect ect are serious long term projects that other smaller projects help fund. Neverwinter is one of those smaller projects designed to generate $. It’s about investors who put up 1$ million for example and are told "we can build a game in 2-3 years and generate 3$ million in revenues returns.

Gamers sometimes get so into the aspects of the game they forget it’s a business first and all businesses have one goal and that’s make money. The F2P "but you will pay" mechanism works and generates funds very efficiently. The writing is on the wall this game is totally lacking depth and is a constant carrot leading the MMO player base donkey.

Star Trek Online has now lasted over twice as long as Tabula Rasa and is still going strong (when they're not accidentally deleting all of your mail.)
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    Also, how about the training books for our Companions? I mean the game did go live today right? why is there still so much content missing if a game is supposed to be live? Seriously!!!

They announced companion training to come with the module one expansion. Its mentioned in the dev blog on the first page and at the module 1 website http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild

Not sure what to think about having to wait for it. But at least its coming.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited June 2013
    Also, I was trying to say they dumbed down an already dumbed down model for D&D, not putting all the blame on the actual edition itself.

Why do you feel 4e is dumbed down? You could strip away enough elements from it and have any previous iteration. All the old spells are there. Acid Arrow, Bigby's Grasping Hands, Mordenkainen's Sword, Magic Missile... Oh, and all non-magic classes get all kinds of cool new moves too. What's wrong with having all the old stuff plus some new stuff? What could you do in a previous iteration that you can't do in 4th? Please, tell me. If anything, 4th has a much steeper learning curve because it has four defense scores instead of one, which are designed to add more role-playing elements to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Why do you feel 4e is dumbed down? You could strip away enough elements from it and have any previous iteration. All the old spells are there. Acid Arrow, Bigby's Grasping Hands, Mordenkainen's Sword, Magic Missile... Oh, and all non-magic classes get all kinds of cool new moves too. What's wrong with having all the old stuff plus some new stuff? What could you do in a previous iteration that you can't do in 4th? Please, tell me. If anything, 4th has a much steeper learning curve because it has four defense scores instead of one, which are designed to add more role-playing elements to the game.

I'm not a big fan of the healing surges idea, only into my first encounter with it did I learn that my druid no longer had spells, but intead at will, encounters, and dailies, spent a good while trying to figure out if I could cast vigor, or good berry only to be told that I no longer have those abilities by people who had far more experience with 4e that I did. Not to mention I've been spoiled by works like Neverwinter Nights and DDO (which is rather far from the base game now :\)
    edited June 2013
    I'm not a big fan of the healing surges idea, only into my first encounter with it did I learn that my druid no longer had spells, but intead at will, encounters, and dailies, spent a good while trying to figure out if I could cast vigor, or good berry only to be told that I no longer have those abilities by people who had far more experience with 4e that I did. Not to mention I've been spoiled by works like Neverwinter Nights and DDO (which is rather far from the base game now :\)

I played a Druid too, even started one on DDO after it went f2p but I didn't advance past level 7 in that game. I think Vigor and Goodberry are in Primal Power, but you won't find them in Player's Handbook 2, which is probably what your group was using. I guess that is kind of a drawback as those spells were classic for Druids, I used them on Baldur's Gate back in the 90's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    D'Brickashaw Ferguson is in Cloak Tower right now, playing a Tempest Ranger
  • silverreyvatielsilverreyvatiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Of the classes I want to see the Most, Ranger, Warlock, Paladin, Bard. Any other class will seem like a copy of any other class currently available. Paladin could be seen as similar to Guardian Fighter, but with holy based attacks, and possibly healing, Assassin a copy of a Rogue, Barbarian could be seen as a copy of the great weapon fighter. Of course I'm not as knowledgeable as others when it comes to D&D, but that's pretty much how I would discern possible classes. Ranger, while rogue like focuses on bows and tracking, so it would be vastly different than the rogue itself, Warlock is DPS, so very different from the Control Wizard, Paladin while it can be argued that it would be a copy of the Guardian Fighter, the Paladin would most likely have holy attacks, heals, smites and have an advantage over the Undead. Bard, would be good as a leader/buffer class keeping the party up and moving.
  • chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My biggest complaint with the game is the lack of classes. I play a warlock and swordmage in a tabletop group and was extremely disapoimted after downloading the game that i couldnt play my favorite dnd classes. It also sucks because i feel like im wastng time playing a class i wont use after i get the classes i want, and ill add like ive been saying, i would gladly spend money on this game if it was on the character that ill play. Until im on a warlock or swordmage though im just building up riches more than anything. The coregameplaay is there for me, so when i get my classes ill be investing heavily in this game.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    darksx wrote: »

/signed
    I honestly can't believe they get away with all this...
    They launched, at most, a bugfest of half an MMO while waving the DnD flag, yet delivered.. so little. Then they add stuff some have asked for, but missing what the majority is aching for. People want to like this game. Cryptic and PW is just making it **** hard to at times. Constant teases that don't even deliver - there's a word for that behavior IRL.
    But hey, as long as they add new pointless companions in the (still) over-priced Zen Store they're obviously listening to us, the customers and fanbase, right? /sarcasm off
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The price of zen is a huge problem. Most items are seriously overpriced (though mounts are reasonable curiously as you unlock it for all toons).

That aside, I want to see more classes released on a slow, but relatively steady basis - a couple a year. Iconic classes the game needs - ranger, druid, bard, monk. More paragon paths too. More content please and more compelling PvP. :)

I'm sure I'll get the old no new classes until the existing ones are fixed, but the classes I've tried - TR and GF are both working reasonably well (sure some tweaking is necessary), but neither class is broken.
    Elurion ben'Adar - 60 Wood Elf Hunter Ranger
    Silas - 60 Human Trickster Rogue

Ganking is good for the soul~
  • mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    But hey, as long as they add new pointless companions

The companions where already in during beta, were still missing the ghost and the cave bear. I am sure they will add them soon too.. but they are not really adding anything new.

I am looking forward to the fey update, but I hope they release new information about it such as a new class and new paragon paths for everyone as right now I find it hard to muster up the will of other guild members to form a group and go out to do dungeons, where as before everyone was fighting for group spots and rather excited to do stuff in general.

Giving us information about what is to come will help, the current information we've gotten is spars at best.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • tyr216tyr216 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

/Facepalm

It doesn't matter how long you take getting to lvl 60; when you get there, youre going to run out of things to do.
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tyr216 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how long you take getting to lvl 60; when you get there, youre going to run out of things to do.

Unless it takes you exact time it took Cryptic's team to create new content, then they'd certainly not be bored. Though I am not rushing to 60 and playing for 2 hours a day has gotten me to level 36 :D game levels way to fast though..
This discussion has been closed.