test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About the game going live. Are you disappointed or not and why?

silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As the topic states, are you disappointed with the live release of Neverwinter? Either way, why?

I admit I'm very disappointed with Live launch or Neverwinter.

Reasons:
1. No New Classes
2. No Training Tomes for your companions
3. No Exp in Alchemy for most of the crafts
4. No Mail Boxes in areas other than the main city

Edit: Some people seem to think this topic is only related to the release note and the likes. To put it simply it isn't. If you were hoping for something and they haven't added it yet, then put it down. If there is something you think could be worked on, put it down.

I like the game (not disappointed there) but there could have been more things added before it went live. There could also be more things added for people that prefer solo play but still like interacting with people.

This poll is intended to be constructive....not destructive.

Thank you.
Post edited by silvernite on

Comments

• phraqphraq Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can understand yeah it was not stated about not having a new class but come on how can you not have a Ranger, I have played everything to 30 and I just lose interest because its not a class I like playing. I guess for now I will atleast get my gwf to 60 and maybe by then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am disappointed that I can't re-roll my initial ability die rolls of my character but I'll survive. Other than that the launch went really smooth.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    None of your reasons to be dissappointed were ever highlighted as a possible launch feature, must admit to being a tad confused...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    [QUOTE=lltsnwn;4601331Other than that the launch went really smooth.[/QUOTE]

Very true, I barely noticed any real difference between the 'Launch' and 'Open Beta'.... ;)
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So....what has changed from "beta" to "launch"?

Nothing.

Disappoint.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    None of your reasons to be dissappointed were ever highlighted as a possible launch feature, must admit to being a tad confused...

It doesn't matter if things are in the release notes of not.

I was disappointed about the lack of a new class when I found out they weren't going to release one.

Edit: All they really did for the live release was basically just change the status message.
  • arachonianarachonian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gauntl is a huge disappointment. Basically players are forced to participate in a large scale, unmanageable event with technical issues, for a long period of time in order to be eligible for t3 IF they're lucky enough to be on the winning side.
  • shadowdots1985shadowdots1985 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    arachonian wrote: »
    Gauntl is a huge disappointment. Basically players are forced to participate in a large scale, unmanageable event with technical issues, for a long period of time in order to be eligible for t3 IF they're lucky enough to be on the winning side.

im gonna help ya out of your dream with T3

it isn't in there only T2 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> loot like before and you get 5 to 7 grym coins to buy new gear that isnt even better then the top sets you allready can get. So that immediately is my reason why dissapointed.
    The other one is not completing the dailies of GG
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I want a pony!

spoiled-brat.jpg
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    I want a pony!

spoiled-brat.jpg

adamshutup_zps427eac58.gif

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    silvernite wrote: »
    As the topic states, are you disappointed with the live release of Neverwinter? Either way, why?

I admit I'm very disappointed with Live launch or Neverwinter.

Reasons:
    1. No New Classes
    2. No Training Tomes for your companions
    3. No Exp in Alchemy for most of the crafts
    4. No Mail Boxes in areas other than the main city

Signed, Sealed and Delivered!!!
  • jarsennjarsenn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Preventing me from access to end game content simply because I'm not in a guild is what pisses me off.
  • osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    I want a pony!

spoiled-brat.jpg

Me want pony too!
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    What launch? When the sky went from the cool Moon back to daylight?

What else happened? Oh, gauntlegrim.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    im disappointed in people for thinking today is any different than last week.

some things you just cant change though.
  • aorin84aorin84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This "Launch" is basically Cryptic saying they feel they have ironed out any significant bugs and exploits, and are ready to say their game is officially out, even though people have been playing it for two months. They made it into this huge deal and delivered us an anchovy pizza.

And this preview shard idea is laughable. So far they've been putting test builds out for approximately 24 hours before releasing it to the Live shards.
  • dasaint66dasaint66 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    be patient, release will fix most issues
  • alemap000alemap000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think that they could have done a few small things to make the transition from beta to live more of an event.

1. Give a title to everyone that participated or even logged in for the last beta events. A title is such a small thing to program in and it makes a certain type of player feel great.
    2. Give a free gift in the mail as the first thing folks log into when the game is live. Again, small thing to program in - make it a title, or potions, or dyes or something. Again, this appeals to a swath of players.
    3. Have GM's run npc's through the game interacting with the players, giving out stuff, and generally making the event something that is fun and celebratory. LOTRO had a GM playing one of the truly evil bad guys and she was wandering around, forcing players to kneel, teasing them about their lack of power, then fighting them en masse and kicking their butts. She'd hand out gifts and a beautiful and now insanely rare cape. People still talk about it.
    4. Have a special item added to the Foundry creation process that creators can add or edit into their quests for the week before and week after the game goes live.
    5. Have a huge monster from one of the end dungeons spawn in the Protector's Enclave on the last day of Beta. World level monsters are a blast and everyone runs to help kill them, dies often, hurls themselves back in the fray and dies again until the sheer number of players triumphs. Give a title or loot item to everyone that causes damage to the monster.

All of the above suggestions are about making an event out of the transition. I really loved the portals and think the way the bones could be turned in for a puppy AND you could get lucky and get a puppy was very well handled. As a mid level player I had a great time but I was disappointed when the new live game was here and the alchemy is poorly documented and a bit meh when you work but there's no xp, and the big new raid is pvp based and I have to be in a guild to do it. Both of these could be solved easily - should have a better info resource already written for Alchemy and let players choose faction without being in a guild.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    aorin84 wrote: »
    This "Launch" is basically Cryptic saying they feel they have ironed out any significant bugs and exploits, and are ready to say their game is officially out, even though people have been playing it for two months. They made it into this huge deal and delivered us an anchovy pizza.

And this preview shard idea is laughable. So far they've been putting test builds out for approximately 24 hours before releasing it to the Live shards.

Ummmmmm Anchovy pizza
    drooling-homer-simpson_2.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • kilaukkilauk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    As i was not expecting anything (yes i was hoping for something) i was not disappointed, cause i set back my expectations.

Don't take me for a complainer, i like the game. But some kinda celebration / more attention to the launch would have given the game more personality
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    silvernite wrote: »
    It doesn't matter if things are in the release notes of not.

I was disappointed about the lack of a new class when I found out they weren't going to release one.

Edit: All they really did for the live release was basically just change the status message.

Nothing was mentioned, nothing extra was promised. We got EXACTLY what was shown on the Preview server. Did you honestly expect some secret, special, hidden, surprise to be sprung on us? Just because, just for launch? And if you did, isn't the problem with your own expectations?
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Nothing was mentioned, nothing extra was promised. We got EXACTLY what was shown on the Preview server. Did you honestly expect some secret, special, hidden, surprise to be sprung on us? Just because, just for launch? And if you did, isn't the problem with your own expectations?

You talk like doing so would have been some alien concept for Cryptic. It would not break new ground to do something special for release, why wouldn't people expect that?

Now, you have a real point of course; they didn't promise anything, and they didn't deliver anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skeetsboyskeetsboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No new class, No new Race. Oh wait we get to grind alchemy, joy joy joy. You would have thought that with the release of "gold" something like a class or Race to get people back in the game and interested would have been in order, too bad they had an epic fail today!
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, only let down was lack of new race and class (new class wasn't mentioned to be released but they could release Drow already).
    Alchemy seems to be quite entertaining because I have to "experiment" before I can lvl up, as for GG I have no opinion since I'm not in any guild.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    You talk like doing so would have been some alien concept for Cryptic. It would not break new ground to do something special for release, why wouldn't people expect that?

Now, you have a real point of course; they didn't promise anything, and they didn't deliver anything.

Maybe my time here with Cryptic all these years. Has conditioned my expectations differently then others. Perhaps other MMOs do, do it different. I honestly don't know and don't really care. I don't play those games. So I have little interest there. I simply know how Cryptic does it. I mean, they actually took the time to tell us exactly what they were going to do. It seems pretty reasonable to me.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alemap000 wrote: »
    I think that they could have done a few small things to make the transition from beta to live more of an event.

1. Give a title to everyone that participated or even logged in for the last beta events. A title is such a small thing to program in and it makes a certain type of player feel great.
    2. Give a free gift in the mail as the first thing folks log into when the game is live. Again, small thing to program in - make it a title, or potions, or dyes or something. Again, this appeals to a swath of players.
    3. Have GM's run npc's through the game interacting with the players, giving out stuff, and generally making the event something that is fun and celebratory. LOTRO had a GM playing one of the truly evil bad guys and she was wandering around, forcing players to kneel, teasing them about their lack of power, then fighting them en masse and kicking their butts. She'd hand out gifts and a beautiful and now insanely rare cape. People still talk about it.
    4. Have a special item added to the Foundry creation process that creators can add or edit into their quests for the week before and week after the game goes live.
    5. Have a huge monster from one of the end dungeons spawn in the Protector's Enclave on the last day of Beta. World level monsters are a blast and everyone runs to help kill them, dies often, hurls themselves back in the fray and dies again until the sheer number of players triumphs. Give a title or loot item to everyone that causes damage to the monster.

All of the above suggestions are about making an event out of the transition. I really loved the portals and think the way the bones could be turned in for a puppy AND you could get lucky and get a puppy was very well handled. As a mid level player I had a great time but I was disappointed when the new live game was here and the alchemy is poorly documented and a bit meh when you work but there's no xp, and the big new raid is pvp based and I have to be in a guild to do it. Both of these could be solved easily - should have a better info resource already written for Alchemy and let players choose faction without being in a guild.

I think they could have done a few small things too like;

Fix the bugs that have plagued us since closed beta, all through OB, and got made worse with the last patch.

Not made GFs and GWFs lame from the beginning and failing that fixed them by now, since in one of the betas that would have been good to handle.

Not neutered DC's in the last patch, since people didn't like their different/weaker healing and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> worthless mechanics like Righteousness to begin with.

Launched with more content, classes, and much less bugs considering this game was in development since 2010, and this isn't Cryptic's first ride on the MMO merry-go-round by a longshot.

Seriously. I am trying to give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt, as evidenced by still being here despite how much of a let down this has turned out to be, but FFS they **** well can do better than this. Hold them to a higher standard folks, at least the standards they've met in their previous games if nothing else.
  • andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sure I had grand expectations, as for me, why I came to this game,
    was that I got the impression that this was made by gamers for gamers.
    Im an old school gamer, been around sens pong,
    it was way to fast leveling, to easy to get to end game for sure.
    What Cryptic and perfect world should focus on and evolve is ideas around end gaming.
    As it is now, its grind for higher gear that's not really needed (sure make it easier for farming)
    and has no worthy goal. Its just not versatile enough.
    And putting GG on a timer and having same loot as epics, just dont cut it.
    Ive tried to open channels to cryptic with ideas for this and other new games, but
    as always it lands on deaf ears. Know how it is, as been in the industry myself.
    But Im happy for the time spent in the game, just the end content and slow progression to next module
    if a bit to long for me, so its goodbye !
    Have a great one peeps !
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am not really disappointed but the whole this was very underwhelming. I have really enjoyed the game so far and I am sure they will ad more content as time goes on. I mean, the D&D universe is huge, filled with plenty of ideas to inspire the developers for a long time.

I am hoping to see more classes soon.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jarsenn wrote: »
    Preventing me from access to end game content simply because I'm not in a guild is what pisses me off.

Same here.
    Artificer.jpg