test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

moon and sun elf coming this summer !

2»

Comments

• deremuderemu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thought Neverwinter was based on Sernett and De Bie's Campaign Setting, and that Salvatore was contracted to write some tie-in books for it that sort of mentioned maybe a tenth of what was in the campaign setting?

I did not say Neverwinter was based on Salvatore I said that the game is mostly using elements from Novels such as Salvatore, and I pointed out that Drizzt is in Neverwinter Nights. I must have worded it incorrectly, I apologize.
  • gnominiongnominion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    I know people want races and classes to be added to the game. I don't think people really realize what is involved. developing the skins, visuals effects takes awhile. Then the debugging and testing takes even longer. A new race and class can't be added just over night. This is especially true when the development teams are divided to fixing exploits and bugs that players have found.

When it comes to the races, I would have preferred something other than an elf also. However, it does make sense looking at the module that is being released.
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    deremu wrote: »
    I admire your persistence to win an argument over the internet, but if you insist then I will simply end this pointless argument that you were not even involved in with one final statement since you and your friend don't seem to understand what my comment meant.

This game has many D&D installments in the backround of the game, not just names. While it only has D&D elements in the backround it contains many more elements from R.A. Salvatore (and other authors) within the game about Neverwinter. Another example since you both seem to require them to understand my wording, Guantlgrym is a novel written by R.A Salvatore while also being lore from D&D and other authors have written about it.

There's nothing for me to win, I understand you just fine; I'm just chuckling over the fact that you tried to defend the intellectual slumming that is correcting someone's grammar when arguing. The person you talked to is not my friend, I don't know him/her and don't really care - I just found it funny. You were funny. I laughed. That was it. :P (I don't think I've mentioned anything regarding D&D and how it's implemented in Neverwinter to you, but I'm sure you're absolutely right. :P )
  • deremuderemu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    There's nothing for me to win, I understand you just fine; I'm just chuckling over the fact that you tried to defend the intellectual slumming that is correcting someone's grammar when arguing. The person you talked to is not my friend, I don't know him/her and don't really care - I just found it funny. You were funny. I laughed. That was it. :P (I don't think I've mentioned anything regarding D&D and how it's implemented in Neverwinter to you, but I'm sure you're absolutely right. :P )

Well sorry then but calling someone a grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is an offensive thing, especially since it doesn't make a lick of sense. To be a grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> would be to hate grammar and to try my hardest to destroy it. I am an english major in college right now and have OCD, those two things combined can be a dangerous thing. On that note, Good day sir.
    edited June 2013
    Well sorry then but calling someone a grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is an offensive thing, especially since it doesn't make a lick of sense. To be a grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> would be to hate grammar and to try my hardest to destroy it. I am an english major in college right now and have OCD, those two things combined can be a dangerous thing. On that note, Good day sir.

If you're an english major in college I'm sure you're well versed in sentences being able to convey a certain "tone" - yours to him could also be considered "offensive", or demeaning, no? And you chose to take offense; if you want to get butthurt about a common slang term for people who corrects other's grammar online, especially instead of using actual and valid arguments, then be my guest.
    Personally I'm Swedish and english would be my fourth-fifth language and I'm insane, but no OCD so I guess there's no excuse for my behavior here. On any note, good day sir.
  • mutepoint1mutepoint1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    I want to play a dragonborn...

Fus ro d- *stabs the skyrim guy*

No! None of that! Shame on you!

I mean a real dragonborn... With the scales and the fire breathing, and the being super tall so I can hit my head on everything humans take for granted!
  • sinazeussinazeus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As Far As Character Races go there are many in Faerun: Shield Dwarf, Gold Dwarf, Gray/Duergar Dwarf, Rock Gnome, Deep/svirfneblin Gnome, Sun Elf, Moon Elf, Wild Elf, Half-Elf, Drow, Lightfoot Halfling, Strongheart Halfling, Ghostwise Halfling, Half-Orc, Half-Drow, Aasimar/Deva?, Tiefling, Genasi (various Souls based on elements), and Dragonborn (Breath Weapon based on bloodline).

Not sure how deep they will go but those are the basics...;)
  • demonicfraggledemonicfraggle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We want a Necro, beastmaster, ranger and a real wizzy!!
  • logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Dont you mean night elf and blood elf?

and then we have wood elf
    and dark elf
    and kind of dark elf
    and light elf
    and elf.

wild elf = wood elf ...
    dark elf = drow

What I would like to see are Planetouched like Aasimars, Deladrin and Genasis. The Tiefling is already in the game, so it would be cool to have more of them :)
  • acrilosacrilos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We want a Necro, beastmaster, ranger and a real wizzy!!

Yes I was sad they overlooked the iconic spells "Fireball" or "Sleep" (among many others) present in D&D since the first edition.
    As for a real wizzy, an illusionist build or elementalist build would be nice. I hope they design more powers, there are so many in D&D4.

In DD4, the necromancer falls into the wizard category (school of necromancy, dealing mostly necrotic damage), and the beastmaster is a ranger with a pet (really nice class to play in DD4 by the way).
    edited June 2013
    acrilos wrote: »
    Yes I was sad they overlooked the iconic spells "Fireball" or "Sleep" (among many others) present in D&D since the first edition.
    As for a real wizzy, an illusionist build or elementalist build would be nice. I hope they design more powers, there are so many in D&D4.

In DD4, the necromancer falls into the wizard category (school of necromancy, dealing mostly necrotic damage), and the beastmaster is a ranger with a pet (really nice class to play in DD4 by the way).

Same here, kind of part of the appeal of D&D wizards, atleast to me. The signature spells, and knowing how and when to use them for greatest effect. Nothing of that here :/
    But they have so much to draw from in D&D so one can always hope they add "the fun ones".
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    Same here, kind of part of the appeal of D&D wizards, atleast to me. The signature spells, and knowing how and when to use them for greatest effect. Nothing of that here :/
    But they have so much to draw from in D&D so one can always hope they add "the fun ones".

Wonder if we're going to slot the same few spells, the few so optimal the others would just be pointless, switching out one or two before a few bosses, for months and months... Not very D&D in my opinion. And not very MMO either, tbh, considering what rival games offer, not even boasting D&D.
  • dsolzdsolz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anyone have racial information on these race? Not sure what they are exactly implementing differently from 4E
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What's in-game already, they call wood elves.

that's cause they burn easily... that is to say they have the worst racial bonuses of all the races
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    According to PWE's own statements before the Open Beta began, we should have Rangers and Drow before the end of the summer.

Actually, according to their statements, the plain drow will be released at least two months after release. They are working on a 'ranged' class but have not given any release date on that. Fury of the Feywild (with two elf races) will be released 'this summer'.

I think your expectations got the better of you ;)

Edit: And I need to start looking at posting dates before I reply :/
  • xtropianxtropian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    magic88255 wrote: »
    we have 5, and they are custom class, not even real one.
    The classes in Neverwinter aren't custom classes, they're class builds of the 4e classes. For example, both "Great Weapon Fighter" and "Guardian Fighter" appear as class builds of the Fighter in the 4e PHB. Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock are (rumored to be?) next. We'll probably eventually see a "War Wizard," "Battle Cleric," "Brawny Rogue," "Two Blade Ranger" and "Deceptive Warlock" as well as other classes getting a similar treatment.
  • jmaskajmaska Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When people make this statement it shows how uneducated about D&D they really are.

Daily skills are in D&D, All races and classes are in D&D, All of the zones are in D&D, Some of the characters in the game can be found in R.A. Salvatore's books as well as most of the zones.

This game isn't supposed to be 100% D&D heavy, its neverwinter which if you didn't know has mostly to do with the Drizzt books, Drizzt was in Neverwinter Nights.

You know nothing.

Dear sir,

it is my belief that I speak for many when I dare you to expend an at least sufficient amount of effort in order to bring your own knowledge of Dungeons&Dragons RPG games to minimum par recommended for those who wish to make judgements about the knowledge of others.

Dungeons&Dragons exists in several versions whose rules differ greatly; from the original 1st edition through AD&D, D&D 3E, D&D 3.5, all the way to the parody on roleplaying system that 4E proved to be. Which of those versions is the one you speak of as having "daily skills"?

On a sidenote, your argument regarding "not D&D but Neverwinter" is perfectly moot. Neverwinter is the name of a fictional town located in a fictional world designed as a gameplay setting for the game of Dungeons&Dragons. It is as if you had said "it's not gravity, it's New York" to a person who just happened to fall down a flight of stairs.

On that hilarious note, I would appreciate if you could further refrain from using phrases such as "you know nothing", seen as the depth of your own knowledge could be successfully disputed. I may only assume that a vast majority of your information regarding Forgotten Realms are based on shards of lore randomly collected from having played Neverwinter Nights. That in itself makes your post even funnier than originally anticipated.

Have a good day.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    jmaska wrote: »
    Dear sir,

it is my belief that I speak for many when I dare you to expend an at least sufficient amount of effort in order to bring your own knowledge of Dungeons&Dragons RPG games to minimum par recommended for those who wish to make judgements about the knowledge of others.

Dungeons&Dragons exists in several versions whose rules differ greatly; from the original 1st edition through AD&D, D&D 3E, D&D 3.5, all the way to the parody on roleplaying system that 4E proved to be. Which of those versions is the one you speak of as having "daily skills"?

On a sidenote, your argument regarding "not D&D but Neverwinter" is perfectly moot. Neverwinter is the name of a fictional town located in a fictional world designed as a gameplay setting for the game of Dungeons&Dragons. It is as if you had said "it's not gravity, it's New York" to a person who just happened to fall down a flight of stairs.

On that hilarious note, I would appreciate if you could further refrain from using phrases such as "you know nothing", seen as the depth of your own knowledge could be successfully disputed. I may only assume that a vast majority of your information regarding Forgotten Realms are based on shards of lore randomly collected from having played Neverwinter Nights. That in itself makes your post even funnier than originally anticipated.

Have a good day.

It would be 4E that has the Daily, At-will, and Encounter powers as this game is LOOSELY based on 4E D&D.
  • greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It would be 4E that has the Daily, At-will, and Encounter powers as this game is LARGELY based on 4E D&D.

Fixed that for you.
    There's very little in this game that isn't from 4e D&D. Saying it's "loosely based" is a bit inaccurate.

That being said... I wonder why they're using the subrace names instead of just going with Eladrin? That bit does seem more 3.5 than 4e.
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    greymasque wrote: »
    That being said... I wonder why they're using the subrace names instead of just going with Eladrin? That bit does seem more 3.5 than 4e.
    Probably due to the setting. In Forgotten Realms, people tend to call them Moon Elves and Sun Elves even though in game mechanics terms, they are both Eladrin.
  • samehadasecondsamehadasecond Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    About the Moon Elf and Sun Elf, what will their racial bonuses be and what stats will be included in that?
    Tempt not the Sleeping Dragon, for you are Cunchy, and Taste Good with Ketchup!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    About the Moon Elf and Sun Elf, what will their racial bonuses be and what stats will be included in that?
    . . . . . The Church of Kelemvor doesn't allow Necromancy here. However, take a look here:
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/feywildpack/feywildknight

. . . . . Also, please feel free to look through and post in this active thread:
    Moon Elf Race[Question]?

. . . . . If I have the time, I'll hop on the Test Server here in a bit and nab the info from the Moon Elf and post in that thread above, if someone else hasn't already (brain <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>). The Sun Elf's details haven't been released yet.
This discussion has been closed.