test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

moon and sun elf coming this summer !

magic88255magic88255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild

please enlighten me, don't we have the moon elf already ?

because in my d&d book the basic elf is the moon elf...
banner_3_001.jpg
Post edited by magic88255 on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What's in-game already, they call wood elves.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • magic88255magic88255 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    I see, but it do not make sense, wood elfs don't have bonus to intellect they have a malus of -2

bah ! anyway there nothing about D&D in this game except names
    banner_3_001.jpg
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maybe they will do sub-races for example when creating your character you choose elf then you choose moon/sun/wood then continue creating your character.. that'd be cool
    21.jpg
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    magic88255 wrote: »
    I see, but it do not make sense, wood elfs don't have bonus to intellect they have a malus of -2

in 4th edition, no races have a minus to stats.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No new class yet according to that link. That's going to upset some folk
    edited June 2013
    alright got my answer
    In 4th edition, wood elves and wild elves were revised once again to become separate cultures of the single race known as "elves." Other elven subraces were categorized under other labels.
    banner_3_001.jpg
    edited June 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    No new class yet according to that link. That's going to upset some folk
    what I want is more paragon class, we currently only have 1 to chose from , not a great choice
    banner_3_001.jpg
  • thulkoththulkoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    2 MORE ELVES?!?!?!
    oh thank you thank you thank you
    wow hitting it out of the park
    more elves yes sir
    whatagame
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    When are we getting the Ranger class and the basic Drow race for all players? 2014?

According to PWE's own statements before the Open Beta began, we should have Rangers and Drow before the end of the summer.

But since neither of those are mentioned in the only content upgrades we are getting this summer, I guess not.

I imagine that by the time this cash-grab game releases the Ranger and the basic Drow race there will be very few people playing.
    edited June 2013
    alright got my answer
    In 4th edition, wood elves and wild elves were revised once again to become separate cultures of the single race known as "elves." Other elven subraces were categorized under other labels.

and the moon and sun elfs are call : Eladrin
    banner_3_001.jpg
  • thulkoththulkoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    They've said numerous times Drow come 60days AFTER LAUNCH (that's today) so start counting
    edited June 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    When are we getting the Ranger class and the basic Drow race for all players? 2014?

According to PWE's own statements before the Open Beta began, we should have Rangers and Drow before the end of the summer.

But since neither of those are mentioned in the only content upgrades we are getting this summer, I guess not.

I imagine that by the time this cash-grab game releases the Ranger and the basic Drow race there will be very few people playing.

there already remaining only a small fraction of the open beta players
    banner_3_001.jpg
  • bearwhale1bearwhale1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hate to complain about content, especially when it's free... but I was really hoping for classes before races. With all this talk of an expansion in a forest with lots of Nature-oriented artwork, I was really hoping for a Druid (and just expecting a Ranger). No information about a new class is frustrating, to say the least.
    edited June 2013
    thulkoth wrote: »
    They've said numerous times Drow come 60days AFTER LAUNCH (that's today) so start counting

which mean the 3Th week of august (middle of summer)
    banner_3_001.jpg
    edited June 2013
    bearwhale1 wrote: »
    I hate to complain about content, especially when it's free... but I was really hoping for classes before races. With all this talk of an expansion in a forest with lots of Nature-oriented artwork, I was really hoping for a Druid (and just expecting a Ranger). No information about a new class is frustrating, to say the least.

class available in 4th edition:

Cleric
    Fighter
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Rogue
    Warlock
    Warlord
    Wizard
    Avenger
    Barbarian
    Bard
    Druid
    Invoker
    Shaman
    Sorcerer
    Warden
    Ardent
    Battlemind
    Monk
    Psion
    Runepriest
    Seeker
    Artificer
    Assassin
    Bladesinger
    Swordmage
    Vampire

we have 5, and they are custom class, not even real one.
    banner_3_001.jpg
  • deremuderemu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bah ! anyway there nothing about D&D in this game except names

When people make this statement it shows how uneducated about D&D they really are.

Daily skills are in D&D, All races and classes are in D&D, All of the zones are in D&D, Some of the characters in the game can be found in R.A. Salvatore's books as well as most of the zones.

This game isn't supposed to be 100% D&D heavy, its neverwinter which if you didn't know has mostly to do with the Drizzt books, Drizzt was in Neverwinter Nights.

You know nothing.
  • swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Moon Elves have been my favorite race in D&D since I first picked up Elaine Cunningham's fantastic novels.

They better make a race change option now, I have to be one. HAVE. TO.
    edited June 2013
    deremu wrote: »
    When people make this statement it shows how uneducated about D&D they really are.

Daily skills are in D&D, All races and classes are in D&D, All of the zones are in D&D, Some of the characters in the game can be found in R.A. Salvatore's books as well as most of the zones.

This game isn't supposed to be 100% D&D heavy, its neverwinter which if you didn't know has mostly to do with the Drizzt books, Drizzt was in Neverwinter Nights.

You know nothing.

your funny, that exactly what I said ... names
    banner_3_001.jpg
  • dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Seems like a pretty lazy way to add new races. Is anyone really expecting them to look much different?

The Drow barely look different than current Elves.
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic's mistakes keep piling up... Granted, they do listen to some of the blatantly obvious concerns or flaws from these forums, try to fix them, but they keep missing the stuff that keeps people playing; more options/features, time sinks, gear/visuals/vanity and classes (and Drow, judging by the forums). More content is obvious, but atleast they're adding that, albeit somewhat slowly (can be argued).
  • swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

I thought Neverwinter was based on Sernett and De Bie's Campaign Setting, and that Salvatore was contracted to write some tie-in books for it that sort of mentioned maybe a tenth of what was in the campaign setting?
    edited June 2013
    your funny, that exactly what I said ... names

And you fail to see what I just said. Also "you're", it really isn't that hard to get correct.
  • logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People... Before crying for new Classes... Let them balance the first five before adding new one...
    edited June 2013
    And you fail to see what I just said. Also "you're", it really isn't that hard to get correct.

Going grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on a international forum just lost you the argument you actually made.
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    Going grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on a international forum just lost you the argument you actually made.

Not being a grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, just saying if you learned english you should know how to correctly use your and you're. It's probably one of the easiest things to ever learn in english language, so easily that in America you learn it in 3rd or 4th grade. And still Americans can't even use them correctly, it's just sad.
  • thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To be honest, I was really hoping we'd get some sort of bestial race, like Wererats. Genasi and Dragonborn were also supposedly in the works. Yet we're getting new Elves. Oh ******* joyous rapture.
    edited June 2013
    Not being a grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, just saying if you learned english you should know how to correctly use your and you're. It's probably one of the easiest things to ever learn in english language, so easily that in America you learn it in 3rd or 4th grade. And still Americans can't even use them correctly, it's just sad.

So the point of your response to that guy was to helpfully educate him in the proper use of english out of the goodness of your heart, after reasoning with him? If not it was utterly pointless and indeed being a grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at worst, plain silly at best. But whatever floats your boat.

EDIT; Personally I simply slip out of laziness at times, the difference is in one letter in common online writing. Your vs Youre. However; you must never forget to really put emphasis on the fact that it's "you're" and not "youre" aswell, like you did, or the uneducated barbarians will run rampant, I'm sure...

*back to topic*
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild

please enlighten me, don't we have the moon elf already ?

because in my d&d book the basic elf is the moon elf...

Dont you mean night elf and blood elf?

and then we have wood elf
    and dark elf
    and kind of dark elf
    and light elf
    and elf.
    edited June 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Dont you mean night elf and blood elf?

and then we have wood elf
    and dark elf
    and kind of dark elf
    and light elf
    and elf.

Bring on the **** Elf. The dancing, free-spirited kind that frolick like nymphs in the woods. Id totally play that. In spandex.

EDIT; aw, it censored ****. Hint; it starts with s and rhymes with hut. Quite catchy.
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    So the point of your response to that guy was to helpfully educate him in the proper use of english out of the goodness of your heart, after reasoning with him? If not it was utterly pointless and indeed being a grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at worst, plain silly at best. But whatever floats your boat.

*back to topic*

I admire your persistence to win an argument over the internet, but if you insist then I will simply end this pointless argument that you were not even involved in with one final statement since you and your friend don't seem to understand what my comment meant.

This game has many D&D installments in the backround of the game, not just names. While it only has D&D elements in the backround it contains many more elements from R.A. Salvatore (and other authors) within the game about Neverwinter. Another example since you both seem to require them to understand my wording, Guantlgrym is a novel written by R.A Salvatore while also being lore from D&D and other authors have written about it.
This discussion has been closed.