What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So where are our "surprises"?

Comments

• Options
    sihvebisihvebi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm impressed with the new generation of gamers. This kind of complaining didn't happen until at least 2 weeks after the official launch back in the day.

You youngins really need to live through a real "beta" with roll backs, 48-72 hours of downtime and more tricks. Hate to sound like the kids from the AT&T commercials.. but you've got it so good these days.
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.
  • Options
    porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    sihvebi wrote: »
    I'm impressed with the new generation of gamers. This kind of complaining didn't happen until at least 2 weeks after the official launch back in the day.

You youngins really need to live through a real "beta" with roll backs, 48-72 hours of downtime and more tricks. Hate to sound like the kids from the AT&T commercials.. but you've got it so good these days.

I've been through all of that before. But it's irrelevant, anyway. How things "used to be" is not the market standard.
  • Options
    dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Ya? And you need to live through finding shelter in a cave and being chased down by a Mountain Lion only to have to fight him off with your bare hands! See what I did there?! You have it so easy...
  • Options
    logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dreamo1984 wrote: »
    Ya? And you need to live through finding shelter in a cave and being chased down by a Mountain Lion only to have to fight him off with your bare hands! See what I did there?! You have it so easy...

Yes and my *** is hairy
  • Options
    johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Keep blindly defending the game, fanboys. You'll get what you want eventually, but the game will have lost most of its playerbase by then.

How the hell was that fanboying? It was merely stating facts obvious as shiet and information available to everyone beforehand.
    Go to bed, youre drunk.
  • Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    The gateway wasn't patched, surprise!
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Well, Im part of the "older" generation of gamers, hailing from UO and AO, and basically most major titles since then - this still is annoying as hell to me, since you'd think that companies would have learned from earlier MMOs and launches.
    Also Im not a rabid fan of greedy, bait n switch designs and absurdly poor customer support and relations. Call me crazy.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let's not bother using old games to justify the short-comings of this game. Baldur's Gate 1 had more customization for classes than this game. There's really no excuse for them pigeon-holing us all into the same five builds for the next two months. If they're not going to let us create our own builds, they need to hurry up and be releasing at least two more builds every month until they at least get the first player handbook classes finished. That means two ranger builds, another wizard build, another rogue build, another cleric build, two paladin builds, two warlock builds, and two warlord builds. If it is going to take a months to release ONE class build, well, it could be years before this starts to look like actual D&D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    Let's not bother using old games to justify the short-comings of this game. Baldur's Gate 1 had more customization for classes than this game. There's really no excuse for them pigeon-holing us all into the same five builds for the next two months. If they're not going to let us create our own builds, they need to hurry up and be releasing at least two more builds every month until they at least get the first player handbook classes finished. That means two ranger builds, another wizard build, another rogue build, another cleric build, two warlock builds, and two warlord builds. If it is going to take a months to release ONE class build, well, it could be years before this starts to look like actual D&D.

Agreed. Simple fact is they released this game 6-12 months too early. People tend to expect certain things from a fully launched MMO, be it f2p or not. Neverwinter is not a full MMO in comparison to others.
    Howerever it did launch and now we're here, so let's hope they read the forums.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    At the current rate, it will be 2+ years before the devs finish all the class builds in Player's Handbook 1 and start to work on the class builds from Player's Handbook 2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    At the current rate, it will be 2+ years before the devs finish all the class builds in Player's Handbook 1 and start to work on the class builds from Player's Handbook 2.

Yup. But hey, we're not allowed to voice complaints or concerns, cause that would be whining and we should shut up or leave since it's free to play. :D /madly waves fanboi flag
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nwrogue wrote: »
    You're surprised no new class/race releases after they've told us countless times that they wouldn't be in the release?

Maybe they were talking about the new classes on the summer release of Fury of the Feywild on the new Micro Site ?
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am surprised that you believed them ;)
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013

WoW has been out for over 10 years and only has gained 2 new classes and 5 new races. Not sure why you expect different somewhere else.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    If they release one class build every two months for Player's Handbook 2 it will take over two years. Add another two years for Player's Handbook 3's class builds... So it will be about six years before we can hope to see the Assassin class from Heroes of Shadow, assuming they don't also take time to add builds from other supplements like Arcane Power, Martial Power, Psionic Power, and Primal Power..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suzzy22suzzy22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How dare you. How dare you want developers to make a game that works. For shame.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    WoW has been out for over 10 years and only has gained 2 new classes and 5 new races. Not sure why you expect different somewhere else.

I've never played WoW. Nor do I care to. This is D&D! Not WoW.. -points to his four hundred dollar collection of books that the devs are basing their class builds on- You make a MMO about D&D, and people will expect to have the at least some of the same options they have in their beloved table-top game.. This game will take two years to cover the first basic player handbook, and you think D&D players should be okay with that because of WoW? If we wanted a game like WoW, we could just go play WoW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cakeyeahcakeyeah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    u wot m8? man i will shove your keyboard so far up your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that whoever pulls it out will be the next king of camelot

Thread won.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    You may want to head here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »

WoW is not based on Dungeons & Dragons.
    WoW has always had so much more content than Neverwinter it's not even funny.
    WoW has open world PvP and Factions.
    WoW has so many more features and customer support and... I could go on, but comparing the two is just plain silly.
    WoW has been out 10 years, always fairly strong or dominating the MMO genre, with only gaining 2 new classes and 5 races cause it has -everything else-.

I'm as far from a Blizzard fanboy as you can get, but atleast they launched a full MMO (and yes, I was there during "the rough parts", including every expansion except Pandaria).
  • Options
    ardikus27ardikus27 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013

No mention of the new class =(

Is the Ranger going to come out after the expansion then?
  • Options
    vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    WoW is not based on Dungeons & Dragons.
    WoW has always had so much more content than Neverwinter it's not even funny.
    WoW has open world PvP and Factions.
    WoW has so many more features and customer support and... I could go on, but comparing the two is just plain silly.
    WoW has been out 10 years, always fairly strong or dominating the MMO genre, with only gaining 2 new classes and 5 races cause it has -everything else-.

I'm as far from a Blizzard fanboy as you can get, but atleast they launched a full MMO (and yes, I was there during "the rough parts", including every expansion except Pandaria).

So if you were there through the rough parts then you are a fanboy. You just think that the term is derogatory because for some reason you don't want to be labelled as such on an internet forum where nobody even knows you. Sad, Sad world I tell ya. I am a fan of this game personally, but I am a man. You can call me FANMAN if you like. Blind defense of a game is one thing. But liking what the game has to offer and supporting is another. Oh and quit preaching WoW on the forum, this is now WoW, the forums for that game are easy to find. I bet you will find a bunch of perfectly content gamers over there that agree with everything you say.
  • Options
    zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    u wot m8? man i will shove your keyboard so far up your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that whoever pulls it out will be the next king of camelot

I'm sorry... but that is hilarious HAHAHA
  • Options
    edited June 2013

So it looks like there won't be any new class builds in Module 1. Disappointing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whilst it is on the one hand disappointing to see now new classes on the horizon I do think they need to fix the classes they already have before trying to add new ones.
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ardikus27 wrote: »
    No mention of the new class =(

Is the Ranger going to come out after the expansion then?

You have to click on the Learn More Button

Moon and Sun Elves are coming! How do these races fit into the overall lore of Neverwinter?
    Answered by: Randy Mosiondz, Lead Content Designer

Without giving out too many spoilers, we can say right now that the Moon and Sun Elves do integrate very heavily into the Fury of the Feywild storyline. Being the most arcane of all elves in D&D, the Moon and Sun Elves will play a major role in defending Sharandar in the Feywild. Many of the points of interest in Sharandar will be inhabited by Moon and Sun Elves, so expect to become heavily immersed in their objectives while progressing through the Campaign System.
  • Options
    alignmentsalignments Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

So ~2mos till I can upgrade my companion? Ugh.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vikoon wrote: »
    So if you were there through the rough parts then you are a fanboy. You just think that the term is derogatory because for some reason you don't want to be labelled as such on an internet forum where nobody even knows you. Sad, Sad world I tell ya. I am a fan of this game personally, but I am a man. You can call me FANMAN if you like. Blind defense of a game is one thing. But liking what the game has to offer and supporting is another. Oh and quit preaching WoW on the forum, this is now WoW, the forums for that game are easy to find. I bet you will find a bunch of perfectly content gamers over there that agree with everything you say.

Dear lord how you misunderstood me.... Almost impressive. :P

First I said I wasn't a fanboy of Blizzard's because I'm not - they lost me long ago as a fan(man, since you felt the need to make the distinction, wich says interesting things about your psyche). I was simple there, during the bad and the good times of the game YOU brought up. Not me. You.
    I get that you're trying to either troll or bait me or just be a smart a ss, but I care to the extent that anyone cares how they are percieved - online I don't give it much thought: I used the term to reinforce a point I was making, one that clearly flew right over your head. Wich is fine. Not everyone in the room "gets it" and maybe you're the kind of guy who laughs a second after the rest in the gang. It's ok, someone has to be that guy (sorry, MAN) too. :)

Thing is you were the one that brought up WoW in comparison to Neverwinter, and I simply called you on it. Not in blind defense of WoW or Neverwinter, nor was I "preaching WoW" - if asked about it I'll rather condemn it, at length :P

But now you've raged abit, all manly of course, burly and the like, so now you can go to bed with a smile on your face. Good day's work.
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OK...we can help out..

<Harsh, man. Let's not post one like that again>

Just kidding :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    Whilst it is on the one hand disappointing to see now new classes on the horizon I do think they need to fix the classes they already have before trying to add new ones.

This thinking is what has ruined this game IMO. It's what made Guild Wars 2 bland and boring compared to Guild Wars 1. D&D classes were never meant to be balanced for an MMO. Rogues should be strikers, wizards should be controllers, clerics should be leaders. Now we got all these PEW PEW PEW clerics and PEW PEW PEW wizards one hit killing everything while the rogues dance around trying not to get hit and the fighters complain about not being able to score a kill before the cleric snipes it. Why? Because instead of striving for diversity the devs are striving to make everyone equal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.