What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529z.17

Comments

• Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Somebody suggested making two giant guilds (one for each faction) just for Gauntlgrim, so that casual and solo players could participate as well. I like that idea. No strings attached, no demands, no drama. Just a guild in name only, so that people who don't want to be in a 'typical' guild can still enjoy Gauntlgrim. I hope somebody does this.
  • Options
    magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited June 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    Also what If your guild leader isn't online and does not pick a side?
    Why didn't they just allow normal queuing? I just don't get it.
    You dont get it?, its easy, because they don't care about the user needs, the only fix and maintain their precious "Zen Market"
    Who care about the unbalance, the basic mechanical of the game, when the only thing you need to make money its the F* market ^_^
    But like Microsoft and Xbox One, eventually when the game turns empty and the critic goes completely negative they gonna change the policy and they going to start paying attention to the users...
    Thats why.
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lilblam wrote: »
    and did not have the bug fixes ready by launch date that everyone wants. Should they not include Gauntlgrym at all then, if it's ready, just because the bug fixes aren't ready yet?

Yup, that's exactly what they should have done.

Fix current content BEFORE adding new content and new bugs.

Very, very basic and quite standard product development cycle.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Beholder server: Guild "Gauntlgrym Protest" going live in 2 minutes.

No expectations, plenty of privacy, likely the biggest guild of anti-social people you'd ever meet. :)

/troll off
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    jarlankjarlank Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So yes I am on the fence about the "Price Drop" in the Zen Market....I do wish that we wold get as testers a little " walk around Zen" for those of us that spent the money already. But I guess it is what it is...Don't Get me wrong I am excited about the price drop but also hurt because you guys pulled a "World of Warcraft" move....Let me explain before I am "Quoted and destroyed LoL" The move is I just went through a week or two of collections, Gold spending and near impossible quests (solo) to get a mount for my Warlock and then a week later they make a "Change" and now you automatically get it at the trainer.....and I got nothing "returned" to me for the time and Gold I spent getting it....Enough about that, but IMO I think that all of us that created a character before "Insert Date here" deserve a "Mailed gift Item box" containing like 1 Lockbox Key, an Idol for 40k Astral D, and a 12 slot bag"...that is fair...and NOT breaking you guys in Perfect World. Anyone else agree with that pack???

And then there is the "Other Class" that you guys Didnt release yet????? Why not?? Is there some type of circumstance that is stopping you from letting us have it? As a New customer I would want to buy a "Complete Game" with all the classes avail to me, as well as us that have stood by Perfect World through all the bugs, loss of game time and "Prayer Coins"...I know you gave us a Caturday (or something like that ) package...Just keep up the good work and really think about all of us that stood next to you through all of it.....Just my Opinion.....

Jarlank
    Control Wizard
  • Options
    magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited June 2013
    Yup, that's exactly what they should have done.

Fix current content BEFORE adding new content and new bugs.

Very, very basic and quite standard product development cycle.

All The Best

Im starting to think they are like Microsoft whit their "Xbox One", they going to start making things right when people gets really angry and stop using this game (and this is already happening)
    I remember in the beginning the patch forum during the maintenance have reach almost 2k people viewing.. now barely reach the 600...
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Beholder server: Guild "Gauntlgrym Protest" going live in 2 minutes.

No expectations, plenty of privacy, likely the biggest guild of anti-social people you'd ever meet. :)

/troll off

Hehe I know you're being sarcastic, but that's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. Unfortunately, from my experience, most guilds are full of people like iceblayd. I just don't want anything to do with them.
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    Hehe I know you're being sarcastic, but that's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. Unfortunately, from my experience, most guilds are full of people like iceblayd. I just don't want anything to do with them.

I think most people have a bad experience or two with a guild and brand them all the same. If you keep looking you can find a good guild. I found one in The Secret World and now we stay together and try games out as a group. It's worth it when you find the guild that suits your play style.
  • Options
    boneninja03boneninja03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You only need to be in a guild to be aligned with a side, then you can que with who ever you want. It does not need to be 20 guildies.

Exactly. It's not that big a deal. Join a guild that is setup only to allow access to Gauntlgrym like telainfilo mentioned. The "Play Gauntlegrym Factio A" and "Play Gauntlegry Faction B" which I'm sure will actually happen. Or even if not just create one, for yourself to be in by yourself if you so desire. Like stated above, you don't need to run it WITH guildies, just gotta be in a guild so you can align with one side or another. Maybe there was a mechanics aspect to this that made it difficult for solo individuals to align with one side or another the way they had it setup and the most reasonable get around for alignment was to make a guild level decision? Who knows, but I'm sure there is a reason.
    "Sometimes boys, you just have to sit back and taunt the Cyclops."

My Foundry Quests:
    Campaign - Trial of Willpower - NWS-DA72SRNCK
    Strange Rumors - NW-DF3ZTBJXG
  • Options
    orantinaorantina Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Okay, so you have to be IN a guild, but you don't have to go AS a guild then? Am I reading this all correctly? I'm in a guild with the hubby and some people who also were our guild in other games but we haven't really done... anything... as a guild yet. I doubt we'd have enough people to do it with just us anyway.

I do tend to like soloing but... big shock, I'm still doing it despite being in a guild. Though I suppose if there's guild chat (haven't bothered to find out yet because I'm lazy and there has been no need) and you join some random guild that has a bunch of overly chatty people, that might get very annoying. But even if that's the case... is there a way to opt out of guild chat?

Or, as someone else above me already said, get 4 people, make a guild, let them leave, and then be a guild of one! Assuming I'm reading correctly that you must be IN but not AS a guild for the Gauntlgrym. If not... don't listen to me.
  • Options
    orinllhausorinllhaus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm the same way Orantina... In all the games, I do enjoy guilds to a point; when its good for me. Otherwise, I'd rather play solo with being able to freely talk with friends.
  • Options
    jarii2jarii2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    The Neverwinter Gateway is missing the Alchemy entry! Its working in game though.
  • Options
    silentnights1silentnights1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    As above, no Alchemy on the gateway!!! At work, can't log into the game to start training :(
  • Options
    whotookmyname2whotookmyname2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want a dwarf...
    I want the dwarf that wins every single auction at the auction house.
    Right click, left click, left click, left click, tab, E, R, tab, right click, left click, left click, 2, tab, E, R and repeat. What am I?

Usually, dead.
  • Options
    dyarkdyark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is not working in the game have 6 going and getting no exp.! I should be level 4 already!!!!!
  • Options
    dwaindiibleydwaindiibley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jarlank wrote: »
    So yes I am on the fence about the "Price Drop" in the Zen Market....I do wish that we wold get as testers a little " walk around Zen" for those of us that spent the money already. But I guess it is what it is...Don't Get me wrong I am excited about the price drop but also hurt because you guys pulled a "World of Warcraft" move....Let me explain before I am "Quoted and destroyed LoL" The move is I just went through a week or two of collections, Gold spending and near impossible quests (solo) to get a mount for my Warlock and then a week later they make a "Change" and now you automatically get it at the trainer.....and I got nothing "returned" to me for the time and Gold I spent getting it....Enough about that, but IMO I think that all of us that created a character before "Insert Date here" deserve a "Mailed gift Item box" containing like 1 Lockbox Key, an Idol for 40k Astral D, and a 12 slot bag"...that is fair...and NOT breaking you guys in Perfect World. Anyone else agree with that pack???

And then there is the "Other Class" that you guys Didnt release yet????? Why not?? Is there some type of circumstance that is stopping you from letting us have it? As a New customer I would want to buy a "Complete Game" with all the classes avail to me, as well as us that have stood by Perfect World through all the bugs, loss of game time and "Prayer Coins"...I know you gave us a Caturday (or something like that ) package...Just keep up the good work and really think about all of us that stood next to you through all of it.....Just my Opinion.....

Jarlank
    Control Wizard

Really? Ive seen this complaint here and in other threads about the Zen Market. How naive are some of you? The "open beta" wasnt really open beta. It was a label to put out a game live but with development still needed (i.e. debugging). So rather than say the game is live it gave them time to fix stuff under a fake beta heading. I have been a beta tester on cryptic games since they developed Champions. Both Champions and Star Trek were live released too early and they got a lot of flak. So the open beta was just a marketing ploy to live release it without the flak.
    So if you spent money you should have been working along those guidelines. This whole it was beta now its live argument is really just people who have been burying their heads in the sand. I have bought items in this game. I am happy with what I bought and Im not asking for refunds. In fact I am quite happy the prices have dropped now. I still think there are better alternatives to some of their systems like costumes and dyes but that I will suggest in a game improvements thread.
    That being said I think a loyalty pack for any account or character that was created before live date would be a nice gesture (like the welcome pack characters start with or the caturday pack).

On the topic of bug fixes, I work in a service industry that uses different software packages and when we require new functions companies design it for us. It is common that some functions will be finished but bug fixes still outstanding. That is the way of software development so I think people need to stop harping on about why are Cryptic bringing out new content or store items when bug fixes havent been made.

Now dont get me wrong. Im not a fanboi of Cryptic. I personally dislike their charging model as its totally greedy, and their marketing/customer service (two aspects of business I work in, and would get fired if I gave the same communication or lack of) but I do love their games. I have tested for them and invested in their games and thats ultimately it, I like the products I am playing and have fun in them. Thats all that matters. If people dont have fun playing then go elsewhere. Simple as!
  • Options
    aorin84aorin84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There were no surprises.
    We got what they said we'd get.

A subpar secondary profession to sink more AD/Zen/Time into.
    A "massive zone" that you have to in a guild, with an active guild leader, to even enter.

Some more cash shop items.

What we didn't get that the entire community is clamoring for, that we should be getting
    - the class(es) that they previously said weren't quite ready for the soft launch that was OBT, on April 20th. TWO MONTHS AGO.
    - more paragon paths, that they said each class would have at least 2 of
    - Drow, which they said would be released after 60 days. Don't even try the "post launch" excuse. You know as well as I that guaranteeing no character wipes is basically saying the game is launched. Cryptic used OBT as an umbrella excuse for all the bug/exploit fixes,
    - Massive class balances and bug fixes, there are way too many to list.Search for any of the "Known Issues" threads, it took them almost 2 weeks to even admit there was a problem with Guardian Fighter block, and another week to implement a fix. It's the classes core ability for heaven's sake.

When a developer announces something as monumental as THE GAME IS NOW LIVE, after it's already been live for two months, the player base expects certain things. One of those being that you deliver what you previously said you would.

Two months since OBT and this is what you give us?
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Still no Tomes for companion advance :(
    So still level 15 companion or buy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> companion from store.
    nice move Cryptic

There were lots of people selling Blue Skeleton Dogs last night. Check the AH if you don't think the efforts that these people put into creating Neverwinter are worth a few of your hard-earned bucks.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    q q q qqqqqq q q qq qqq qqq falalalala laal laalalaaaaa
  • Options
    theacatetheacate Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm curious why the event was removed. The way you made it sounds was that we were to have it all day today... At least put the NPC back so we can unload all the rest of the bones we have left..
  • Options
    quseioquseio Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    when are we going to see more classes we where promised more and soon...
  • Options
    realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Still no CW feat fixes... but hey new cash shop items , who needs basic game mechanics to work when they can buy a new overpriced Cantankerous Mage?.... .. . . . . .

CW are op anyway, fix the broke classes first.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    As a wise man once said "Hell is other people!". You prove that point perfectly.

Many elements in NW's community do; ranging from rude jackasses like the one you quoted, to ninja looters in almost every group you get.
    And then there's the exploiters who kick people from groups because they aren't the class they need to do their exploiting (the whole dual clerics thing with a rogue and two CW's - and anything else gets kicked).
    Of course the saddest thing there is that the company enabled them to be such complete and utter jerks through their looting system and giving absolute power to the random guy that happens to be partyleader.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    zaodunzaodun Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    If you do not want to join a guild, do the following steps:

1. Join a guild.
    2. Edit your "Chat" options, and turn off the "Guild" messages in all your chat tabs.

You are now effectively not in a guild, because the guild chat is really the only thing within your entire gaming experience that really lets you know you're in a guild.

Oh, and there is a bank you can now go raid once in a while for loot.

Ta da.
    You're welcome.
  • Options
    ragdoll25ragdoll25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    . You do not have to do the content as a guild however. Being a part of the guild is required since the guild leader has to select an allegiance. You have two choices, Luskan Corsairs or Delzoun explorers. Once you select one it is a 750K AD charge to change.

What would have been more intelligent by them, and more tolerable by the player base, would be to have made that a player decision. not a guild/guild leader. That way ALL players could participate, not just those aligned with a particular guild. So now, if you want to change allegiance/factions, you have to change your guild. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be future ZEN charges for doing just that.

Remember that everything done at PWI is done for money, not for you or any other players/customers.
  • Options
    jamesakinzzjamesakinzz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am very displeased with this patch and hope more content comes soon, before Module 1 because I don't want to wait that long for more disappointment than I have already received from this ... 'release'.

In addition I am probably not playing the game again in a while, this game is a steaming pile of **** at the moment. This is what you call a release? Shoot me now.

There
    Is
    Nothing
    To
    ****ing
    Do
    On
    This
    Game
    At
    This
    Point
    ****ing
    Add
    Something
    So
    I
    Can
    Play

I used to do Dungeon Delves for fun but now I can't even do that. Know why? Because they nerfed the drops by 5000% apparently, adding even more ****ty and useless loot into the Dungeon Delve chest. Seriously when you nerf the drops that bad there is no point in even playing. I hope someone in this ****ing company reads what we have to say about this patch, it's ****, trash, waste of time. Seriously I hope they mention increasing drop rates from dungeons in the patch otherwise I won't even bother logging in ever again. Piece of ****.

Yeah I'm raging, because I spent a month of playing this game that was good then suddenly it turned to **** from 1 or 2 updates because they wanted to make it harder to get loot. So what do I do now? Should I buy ZEN?! Or play 2 more ****ing weeks so I can make a small upgrade from a T2 piece of **** to another T2 piece of ****?

I want to write so much more but I will just leave it at this for now and hope they stumble upon all the angry forum posts about their crappy release and ****ing do something about it.
  • Options
    billywestbillywest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gaator wrote: »
    You must be incredibly stupid, those bugs for GF were already fixed scrub

You my friend just went full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. NEVER go full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>

22nv.jpg

0b8a.jpg
  • Options
    infinityzeroduninfinityzerodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm sorry to say but they didn't even STATE there would be new classes on this day or zones anything in that matter so I don't know where you get this information from and go do something else besides level to 60 with nothing to do after that the only one's to blame is yourself this game has barely been out for months yet and finally just been "released" you don't just get tons of content soon as you go live, the fact some of you rushed in open beta is stunning just to complain there's not enough end content.
  • Options
    jamesakinzzjamesakinzz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm sorry to say but they didn't even STATE there would be new classes on this day or zones anything in that matter so I don't know where you get this information from and go do something else besides level to 60 with nothing to do after that the only one's to blame is yourself this game has barely been out for months yet and finally just been "released" you don't just get tons of content soon as you go live, the fact some of you rushed in open beta is stunning just to complain there's not enough end content.

I am angry at the fact that it is so hard to obtain the gear you are looking for. There are many pieces of gear and the dungeons are set up so that you have to run a specific dungeon to obtain a specific item; if this is so, you should not have to run a dungeon 10x during dungeon delves and still not get the item you desire. Because at the rate it takes to get any item right now, you'll be dead before you get a full 4/5 piece Tier 2 set. When the dungeons are set up this way there is no excuse for item drops to be more common especially during Dungeon Delves which is a time designed for you to get extra loot at the end. Well guess what. I've got extra loot every time at the end alright.. 9/10 times a BoP ring that is absolutely useless to me.
  • Options
    billywestbillywest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sirstoukas wrote: »
    So you are in a guild and just defend those that don't want to join one even if that means that they wont be able to have access to end game stuff? Ok you are wasting my time. MuTeD

I don't even know why people like him are allowed to post.
    Are you serious? you honestly believe its ok to have a guild restriction to join pve content?

NOT guild vs guild, NOT pvp, NOT siege wars or whatever JUST dungeons and/or quest-explore areas
    And its mandatory that you have to pvp to get through on bigger dungeons? lol

Someone brought the argument that this is mmo and you are anti-social if you ain't in a guild
    How about the rpg side of it? you know role playing game part? I'm a lonely cowboy that likes to explore by himself, find things on my own and occasionally run dungeons with randoms every now and then, i may as well not even like pvp at all

If i'm not mistaken you don't get auto assigned to a guild when you join this game nether is called Neverguild or Guildwinter
This discussion has been closed.