Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529z.17

12346»

Comments

• Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    billywest wrote: »
    I don't even know why people like him are allowed to post.
    Are you serious? you honestly believe its ok to have a guild restriction to join pve content?

NOT guild vs guild, NOT pvp, NOT siege wars or whatever JUST dungeons and/or quest-explore areas
    And its mandatory that you have to pvp to get through on bigger dungeons? lol

Someone brought the argument that this is mmo and you are anti-social if you ain't in a guild
    How about the rpg side of it? you know role playing game part? I'm a lonely cowboy that likes to explore by himself, find things on my own and occasionally run dungeons with randoms every now and then, i may as well not even like pvp at all

If i'm not mistaken you don't get auto assigned to a guild when you join this game nether is called Neverguild or Guildwinter

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you. They're trying to give everyone a reason to join into this new event. If you're a crafter, you can craft! If you're a PvPer, you can PvP! If you're a PvE Dungeon runner, you can do that too! The only thing is if you don't like all of those activities you are going to just stand around and do nothing until it's dungeon time.

For instance, I don't mess with crafting or professions. At all. In any game I've ever played. Crafting bores me to tears, and if I wanted to craft I'd be playing Eve Online and role playing my ore trader. I don't knock it as an activity, plenty of people enjoy doing it. So basically during the entire first phase of this new event I'm going to be twiddling my thumbs.

Oh, and I don't much care for PvP either. Especially in broken games that are easily exploited by a minority of players. (Or, for that matter, in games that have 1% fusion chance enchantments that are patently over powered for PvP that you can pay real money for.) Without dual spec you can't even have a PvP build and a PvE build, yet they have introduced an event that requires both. Brilliant.

This doesn't even address the fact that Neverwinter doesn't seem stable enough on their end to have 40 players in the same zone. This entire event is one big failure of design in pretty much every possible way. It's a really interesting idea on how to try and get everyone in the community together for one event, but ignores some pretty big basics about MMO gamer culture.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    vulpushvulpush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please tell us SKILL CHECKS patch notes ... come on come on ... I have checked like 20 skill nodes and after that only **** drops ...
    Don't be shy !
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    CW are op anyway, fix the broke classes first.
    I only mentioned CW because that's the class I'm currently using as my main , I also have a GF a TR and a low level DC , all the classes need fixes to various skills, feats and armor sets and these are things that they should be focused on repairing before they dump more cash shop trash into the game that is in all likelihood broken and buggy too.
  • Options
    edomacedomac Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone know what happened to the Swashbuckling Captain's Armor? I had a bid on 1 in the Auction, I was winning and it had 3 days left. All the sudden I get mail saying I was outbid. No problem! I go back into auction to my bids and guess what, it is gone so I can not raise my bid on the item. I then decided to browse the auction house and every swashbuckling armor is now gone. I already have boots,bracers and and they all still appear in auction but the armor is gone. WTF?
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    maybe someone is buying all the armors
  • Options
    formidaeformidae Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    toekin wrote: »
    To you lone wolves who just cant bear to be in group/guild/instance/zone with *GASP* people, why don't you make a guild just for yourself pick a side and join a queue? You know you can do that right? That way you don't have to be in a guild with anyone else to make you feel all uncomfortable with their talking and joking and socializing. Ugh.. people .. so annoying.

Agreed. People suck and I hate them. I play online games so I don't have to look at their disgusting monkey faces, and I don't join guilds so I don't have to hear their moronic monkey yap. I want my interactions with other players ingame to be solely transactional in nature, and I don't want to talk to a bunch of strangers that I'd really prefer to see dead just to access game content. If I wanted to interact with a bunch of stinking self-absorbed apes I'd go outside.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No cant be it because when I was outbid, auction had 3 days left. It is now GONE. I cant raise my bid or anything cause it disappeared along with the other 8 that was up for sale in the AH.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    edomac wrote: »
    No cant be it because when I was outbid, auction had 3 days left. It is now GONE. I cant raise my bid or anything cause it disappeared along with the other 8 that was up for sale in the AH.

umm...buy out?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I guess it could be possible, just strange cause there were several in AH and now suddenly all are gone
  • Options
    kelventarkelventar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xaesun01 wrote: »
    Why would they give you Drow class when you had to get the Founder pack to unlock them?

Because the drow RACE you'll get to play isn't the same one that is in the Founder pack.

The founder pack drow gets innate magic resistance and some innate spell abilities. (I think, it's been a while since I've read the founder info). The drow that's getting released, eventually, is just an elf with some different ability modifiers.
  • Options
    grokkerornotgrokkerornot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stick a fork in this game, it's done. I'm currently re-patching this freaking game for the 5th time tonight. 3 crashes, with verifying of every object and more patching after each one. I was in game then for a bit, left for dinner. And now i'm on crash 5, verifying all objects again for the 5th time. And now it's once again patching some more again for a few minutes, before it decides that now after wasting yet another hour I'm worthy of getting into the broken content that can't be fixed while the $$$$ store espands.

What the heck, is going on?

On second thought, don't bother. Count me as someone else who will never ever give Cryptic/PWE one thin dime.
  • Options
    orantinaorantina Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe this is tad off topic but in between the questions and need-to-know info about the patch, there's arguing and complaining. I can understand saying, "There is a problem with this" as in (just to name an example) "The plot of a dungeon makes the most sense after you do all of the quests in the relevant zone and yet I find that most often, by the time I do the quests that lead up to going to the dungeon, I'm too high level to queue for it, thus forcing me to either skip it, find a party by hand and walk to it, or do the dungeon before finding out why I even should, storyline-wise," and griping that the game sucks because they haven't fix Problem A before releasing Content B and how it sucks they haven't fixed it yet. The game is free, so if that bothers you so much, why are you playing? Find another game, or do something else. Raise a barn. Quilt. Teach dogs to build nuclear devices. Something, anything else.

But then you might say, it's not free anymore if you've bought Zen, right? Well, if you knew about the problem and bought the Zen anyway, it's unfair to hold them accountable for your mistaken belief they'd fix that exact problem fast enough to please you as opposed to waiting to see if it got fixed first. And if you bought your Zen before you realized that problem but you still like the game and want to give it more time to see if the issue is fixed, just play and don't spend any more until it's fixed. And if you spent the Zen but the problem isn't getting fixed fast enough and the game isn't fun anymore, write a well-written or at least fairly worded (meaning no flaming; honest critique) bad review citing the problems you've found and that it doesn't seem likely they'll be fixed anytime soon and that's why you believe it's not worth playing... and stop playing and leave it at that. Or see if there's some way to get your money back through legal means (I'm not really up on laws so I don't know if this part is doable).

Nobody is making you play, and nobody is making you pay. The paying, we all benefit from because it means the game exists, but seriously, if you're miserable enough with it as it stands to bicker so much, why ARE you playing? What possible enjoyment are you getting from still playing?

I'm not saying you're not allowed to have opinions. Strong opinions either. I just... don't understand people. I don't understand why there is so much sniping when problems can be reported without it and when nobody is making you play it.

Eh, probably shouldn't write comments when I'm all reflective and thinky. But, well, whatever, there you go. My two cents.

Maybe I'm easy to please, but other than that example I gave about the dungeons lining up with the quest plots and how the professions don't seem to level at an appropriate rate with a mind to actually using what you make... and the occasionally invisible barrier (though that's since fixed) and the fact that my graphics card makes things jut out of nowhere and removes panels of floor and scene even though it plays fine on the hubby's computer, I don't see these problem. I don't know what I'm not doing that you are to find so many problems, but I'm happy. They fixed the invisible wall and the rest of it, well, I'm enjoying myself too much to really be bothered overly much. I'll mention them because I noticed them but I won't be devastated if they never do anything about it.
  • Options
    smelcamismelcami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    added truth that is bad. lasts 1:30 hours and the only thing that gives is tier 2. people prefer exploit CN. this game does not exist
  • Options
    chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So... Surprise! Gauntlgrym is exclusive as a guild only event... Yet that is not the impression we were given when it was announced. It specifically said it was something for everyone which would include PVE and PVP content.

Nice touch slipping the detail about it being exclusionary into a forum post and not announcing it.

So I guess if you are not a hyper-competitive, top tier gamer, with unlimited free time, and an allowance from mommy & daddy or a part-time paycheck from McDonalds to blow every week... AKA a teenager or college student... you're just SOL in Neverwinter.

That sure is how they make us feel. Say all the apathetic insults you want... that doesn't change human nature. You can't marginalize people or imply they are losers and expect them to love it. That's just ignorant to expect.
  • Options
    chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    orantina wrote: »
    Maybe this is tad off topic but in between the questions and need-to-know info about the patch, there's arguing and complaining. I can understand saying, "There is a problem with this" as in (just to name an example) "The plot of a dungeon makes the most sense after you do all of the quests in the relevant zone and yet I find that most often, by the time I do the quests that lead up to going to the dungeon, I'm too high level to queue for it, thus forcing me to either skip it, find a party by hand and walk to it, or do the dungeon before finding out why I even should, storyline-wise," and griping that the game sucks because they haven't fix Problem A before releasing Content B and how it sucks they haven't fixed it yet. The game is free, so if that bothers you so much, why are you playing? Find another game, or do something else. Raise a barn. Quilt. Teach dogs to build nuclear devices. Something, anything else.

But then you might say, it's not free anymore if you've bought Zen, right? Well, if you knew about the problem and bought the Zen anyway, it's unfair to hold them accountable for your mistaken belief they'd fix that exact problem fast enough to please you as opposed to waiting to see if it got fixed first. And if you bought your Zen before you realized that problem but you still like the game and want to give it more time to see if the issue is fixed, just play and don't spend any more until it's fixed. And if you spent the Zen but the problem isn't getting fixed fast enough and the game isn't fun anymore, write a well-written or at least fairly worded (meaning no flaming; honest critique) bad review citing the problems you've found and that it doesn't seem likely they'll be fixed anytime soon and that's why you believe it's not worth playing... and stop playing and leave it at that. Or see if there's some way to get your money back through legal means (I'm not really up on laws so I don't know if this part is doable).

Nobody is making you play, and nobody is making you pay. The paying, we all benefit from because it means the game exists, but seriously, if you're miserable enough with it as it stands to bicker so much, why ARE you playing? What possible enjoyment are you getting from still playing?

I'm not saying you're not allowed to have opinions. Strong opinions either. I just... don't understand people. I don't understand why there is so much sniping when problems can be reported without it and when nobody is making you play it.

Eh, probably shouldn't write comments when I'm all reflective and thinky. But, well, whatever, there you go. My two cents.

Maybe I'm easy to please, but other than that example I gave about the dungeons lining up with the quest plots and how the professions don't seem to level at an appropriate rate with a mind to actually using what you make... and the occasionally invisible barrier (though that's since fixed) and the fact that my graphics card makes things jut out of nowhere and removes panels of floor and scene even though it plays fine on the hubby's computer, I don't see these problem. I don't know what I'm not doing that you are to find so many problems, but I'm happy. They fixed the invisible wall and the rest of it, well, I'm enjoying myself too much to really be bothered overly much. I'll mention them because I noticed them but I won't be devastated if they never do anything about it.

Apathy - the inability to empathize with others. People are focused on their game frustrations. You are focused on people having problems. Simple solution... focus on the game. Or take your own advice.
  • Options
    billywestbillywest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

That's funny because the people posting those "problems" are the ones that care for this game, and when there are problems people "argue and complain". You see that irl every day don't you?

You know how many players saw the exploits and bugs and bailed the game in matter of hours? How many hit level 60 and left the next day? If i didn't care for this game i wouldn't waste my time posting those bugs and possibly solutions so we can all have a better experience and a better game.

And you suggest that we stop doing that because "its free"? stop caring because its free? This game has potential, in fact we wouldn't be here if it didn't but all those bugs and exploits holding it back

We pay because we want to, who said anyone being forced to pay.. Its our way of helping the company and tbh all this posting and
    screaming over the forums doesn't help things get done with no funds, lets be honest here.

You on the other hand doesn't seem you give a tiny ^@%# if things get fixed, if the game becomes a better place/experience.
    I don't know your last line.. i don't even want to comment on that one..

Just pm me i'll give you my hard earned GF set that doesn't work.. maybe some of my encounter skills too that do nothing and go on cd, then give you a bunch of broken savage enchants to complete the broken and bugged hero you now have, and you can go to the new area the crashes every 2 mins and maybe you want to have some unbalanced pvp while you are there!
    but I won't be devastated if they never do anything about it.
  • Options
    noniussnoniuss Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    Well i'm not joining a random guild just to play some end-game content...IMO it was a very bad decision on Cryptic's part. And since i am not joining a guild, i can't play any new content..lawl that even sounds wrong. I guess it's time to move on. Wildstar and TESO can't get here fast enough.
  • Options
    abaddonliveabaddonlive Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I simply hate guilds. Just a meetingplace for loads of people that spams too much. I
  • Options
    captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i'll wait till tier 3 such a disappointment waiting for this update and it doesn't even bring any new gear.
  • Options
    orantinaorantina Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, I had this whole long post but I don't think I've expressed myself very well. So I deleted all that and I'll just say this.

Different people have some common ground but also have things unique to them. I consider other peoples' opinions and motives and emotions important enough to a.) ask about them and b.) try to understand them when my own experience is different. You have the right to have differing opinions. You even have the right to have bad opinions of me. I don't hold that against anybody because I would never try to take that right from them. So despite recognizing the monumental importance of other people's opinions, I do not hang my self-worth or my happiness on what those opinions say about me. I didn't understand something, so I asked. No judgments, just confusion and the belief that learning something different about one person will help my interactions with people as a whole.

But since I'm still having trouble phrasing my questions to make sure I'm asking exactly what I want to know, I'm not going to worry about it too much. But I wasn't judging. All that stuff I said, I was expressing what my understanding was, both to show I'm willing to share as much as I'm asking you to and so that you might see where the differences lie in order to explain to me. But if you do answer me, it's an appreciated courtesy, and if you don't, well, I'm sure people have much more important things to do than satisfy my curiousity.

I will say, I do like alchemy though like the rest of the professions, it's not quite the road to wealth I'm used to in games. Haven't tried Gauntlgrym yet but that's end-game content so I haven't quite gotten there. Wish they had put the new class out but I can wait.

Oh, um... none of this is sarcasm. I realize tone gets lost in text.
This discussion has been closed.