What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529z.17

Comments

• Options
    acieleaciele Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gauntlezerg? Mh, not so much interested in that. But who knows...
  • Options
    didradamagididradamagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    I agree. I'm not usually a guild sort of person, I like to solo games or play with friends.

Games which attempt to force you into a different style of game-play often change their minds as people end up votoing with their feet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying Neverwinter immensely, but I do NOT approve of this move. I was looking forward to Gauntlgrym too...

I agree as well, I'm not a guild person any more, still I love doing instance and meet up with new players and havening a blast. So if this is the true I will be very sad if I can't go GauntlGrym because I'm not in a guild. It will be like many other game if not in a guild you can't raid, stuck with hardmode/epic dungeon runs until one gets bored.
  • Options
    magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited June 2013
    Can we also change the name of the game to "Neverfixed" i mean... You know
    Or maybe to "MarketVille" cause the only thing it works fine its the Zen Market, the AD Market, Etc Market

I'm kidding, we can just call it "NeverPVP" ...
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So wait we can't get into Gauntlgrym without a guild? does that mean we have to get 20 people in the guild all in at once?

I was going to come back today to this game...but If this is true Iam not bothering....
  • Options
    wildheart18wildheart18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    phinsphan wrote: »
    When Can we play Drow?
    1st!

Drows is included in Hero of the North Founder Packs, everyone who not have bought it, do not have access to them
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Drows is included in Hero of the North Founder Packs, everyone who not have bought it, do not have access to them

They will by August
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    So wait we can't get into Gauntlgrym without a guild? does that mean we have to get 20 people in the guild all in at once?

I was going to come back today to this game...but If this is true Iam not bothering....

Well I don't know think the explain it a bit fuzzy on the patch note
    Gauntlgrym is now available! Join or create a guild, have the leader ally with the Delzoun Explorers or Luskan Corsairs, and prepare to battle whenever the Iron Tabernacle, Armories of Moradin, and Delzoun Crypts events are active.

But english is not my monther language, so I might get it wrong
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's guild only? Screw it then.
    I agree as well, I'm not a guild person any more, still I love doing instance and meet up with new players and havening a blast. So if this is the true I will be very sad if I can't go GauntlGrym because I'm not in a guild. It will be like many other game if not in a guild you can't raid, stuck with hardmode/epic dungeon runs until one gets bored.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    dreggdregg Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chuck1108 wrote: »
    I agree. I usually don't join guilds because I'm a casual player who works a full time job and alot of guilds are full of elitists who have nothing to do but play the game all day. I know there are alot of casual guilds as well but the problem with that is people are on at different times because of work schedules and it's hard to have enough people from the guild on at same time for such events. Those of us who actually have "real life" responsibilities will be left in the dust with this being a guild only event.

Nicely said I agree especially since everyone are from different time zones makes it even a bigger issue. if you not elite enough and not online when the leader is you get kicked.
  • Options
    desjardiniidesjardinii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

When I messed around on the preview shard with it, you have to be part of a guild to run the content. You do not have to do the content as a guild however. Being a part of the guild is required since the guild leader has to select an allegiance. You have two choices, Luskan Corsairs or Delzoun explorers. Once you select one it is a 750K AD charge to change. Regardless of the side, the gear that you can buy with coins is the same. Its just a faction choice. That is all. For all the single players who dont want to be part of a larger guild...go into enclave and ask for 4 others to help form one, then they can leave. Its not hard. Takes 15 minutes at best. I just did one with an alt so I can have expanded bank space.
  • Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    As long as your in a guild you can queue if th eleader has declared which faction the guild is aligned with, then you can queue like anything else you will just go in with the right faction, that your aligned to it may be people from other guilds but they are aligned to the same faction.
  • Options
    toekintoekin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To you lone wolves who just cant bear to be in group/guild/instance/zone with *GASP* people, why don't you make a guild just for yourself pick a side and join a queue? You know you can do that right? That way you don't have to be in a guild with anyone else to make you feel all uncomfortable with their talking and joking and socializing. Ugh.. people .. so annoying.
  • Options
    dreggdregg Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    iceblayd wrote: »
    Thank you for replying to that idiot, people need to stop crying, ask for some help, join a **** friendly guild and clear some content.

The both of you have got to be the biggest pair of whiney dumbasses I've ever seen on a forum. On every shard/server there are several **** friendly & mass recruiting guilds that though they aren't the best they are more successful at clearing content than you going solo queue all day long and getting yelled at because you suck and are borderline <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Fact is they can't release content based on a handful of idiots that play casually and don't socialize in a guild in an MMO which is CREATED TO BE A SOCIAL GAME!!!! MMOs are SOCIAL RPGs if you don't want to socialize, group up or guild with others then you need to go play a SINGLE PLAYER RPG then tada the game is balanced around you playing with yourself - pun intended as I think you're both probably lonely 40 year old virgins.

So when you're both done crying go into zone chat OR press O go to "Find Guild" then you can CHOOSE your Language, Play Style, Social Group, Gender(if you want all dudes or w/e) your Time Zone(or whenever you're online to group with ppl). So literally there is 0 reason to not be in a guild, there are FAR MORE social & casual guilds than hardcore guilds in the game, in fact, there are almost no hardcore guilds and only a fair amount of "serious" guilds with "high" demands.

At least some of us has a real life with real chicks. not some 13 year old whos mommy pays for everything and plays with himself while staring at virtual toons!! all day long cause the only SOCIAL LIFE he has is a game...we feel sorry for you mate. go be the king of your guild all by yourself infront of your pc while we go to a real party! with real friends
  • Options
    skig201skig201 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    toekin wrote: »
    To you lone wolves who just cant bear to be in group/guild/instance/zone with *GASP* people, why don't you make a guild just for yourself pick a side and join a queue? You know you can do that right? That way you don't have to be in a guild with anyone else to make you feel all uncomfortable with their talking and joking and socializing. Ugh.. people .. so annoying.

Some people do have issues which make it extremely difficult to socialize with anyone.
  • Options
    crowbarsrcrowbarsr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dregg wrote: »
    At least some of us has a real life with real chicks. not some 13 year old whos mommy pays for everything and plays with himself while staring at virtual toons!! all day long cause the only SOCIAL LIFE he has is a game...we feel sorry for you mate. go be the king of your guild all by yourself infront of your pc while we go to a real party! with real friends

You know...throwing insults without legitimate evidence makes you look like an absolute idiot.
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for replying to that idiot, people need to stop crying, ask for some help, join a **** friendly guild and clear some content.

The both of you have got to be the biggest pair of whiney dumbasses I've ever seen on a forum. On every shard/server there are several **** friendly & mass recruiting guilds that though they aren't the best they are more successful at clearing content than you going solo queue all day long and getting yelled at because you suck and are borderline <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Fact is they can't release content based on a handful of idiots that play casually and don't socialize in a guild in an MMO which is CREATED TO BE A SOCIAL GAME!!!! MMOs are SOCIAL RPGs if you don't want to socialize, group up or guild with others then you need to go play a SINGLE PLAYER RPG then tada the game is balanced around you playing with yourself - pun intended as I think you're both probably lonely 40 year old virgins.

So when you're both done crying go into zone chat OR press O go to "Find Guild" then you can CHOOSE your Language, Play Style, Social Group, Gender(if you want all dudes or w/e) your Time Zone(or whenever you're online to group with ppl). So literally there is 0 reason to not be in a guild, there are FAR MORE social & casual guilds than hardcore guilds in the game, in fact, there are almost no hardcore guilds and only a fair amount of "serious" guilds with "high" demands.

People like you are the reason I avoid guilds and prefer to play solo. As a wise man once said "Hell is other people!". You prove that point perfectly.
  • Options
    kaur4646kaur4646 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    More interesting updates, looking forward how this game evolves :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    skig201 wrote: »
    Some people do have issues which make it extremely difficult to socialize with anyone.

Well said <3
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    People like you are the reason I avoid guilds and prefer to play solo. As a wise man once said "Hell is other people!". You prove that point perfectly.

Well said <3
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also what If your guild leader isn't online and does not pick a side?
    Why didn't they just allow normal queuing? I just don't get it.
  • Options
    senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    Shut up and drink the Kool Aid! :-)
    phistagon wrote: »
    We can't do Gauntlgrym unless we're in a guild? :( Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for all the hard work and I really enjoy this game but that makes me a little sad heh
  • Options
    bigsexy7997bigsexy7997 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, Iceblayde...
    Are we opinionated or what?
    We are also rude & foul mouthed...
    My suggestion to you would be... find a job that doesn't require you to flip burgers for 2 hours a day, find a girl, have children, build a life for yourself that you have to have responsibility for your own livelihood & not mooch off mommy & daddy & try to play a MMO casually. Many guilds ONLY want hardcore gamers in their ranks & if real life kicks in for a bit & you have no time to log in for a couple of days, they boot you.
    These other 2 posters have valid concerns & like a internet tough-guy 13-year-old, you stayed true to form by berating them & trying to nix the validity of their arguments because you can't or won't understand anything but your own little world.
    Putting yourself in other people's shoes for a little bit isn't going to hurt you. It just may expand your narrow world view.
  • Options
    jurenaljurenal Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ksho wrote: »
    So the teoretical question:
    If i dont have/dont want to be in guild then there is no new content for me because Gaulgathrym is available to enter only for guilds??

Lonely hero in ad&d is not strange thing, so...

Well, considering all the Quests minus the Skirmishes / Dungeons treat the player as he / she was the sole super-hero(ine) to save Neverwinter...yeah, no surprise there :)
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Just being in a guild that has picked a side will allow you to get in. It could be a one person guild and you can still get in and group up with other people who are members of the same gauntgrym faction.
  • Options
    gavrildaingavrildain Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wrong that is 1 way to do it at lvl 1 or so all you have to be is lvl 15 for all 5 people and you can make a guild.
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, Iceblayde...
    Are we opinionated or what?
    We are also rude & foul mouthed...
    My suggestion to you would be... find a job that doesn't require you to flip burgers for 2 hours a day, find a girl, have children, build a life for yourself that you have to have responsibility for your own livelihood & not mooch off mommy & daddy & try to play a MMO casually. Many guilds ONLY want hardcore gamers in their ranks & if real life kicks in for a bit & you have no time to log in for a couple of days, they boot you.
    These other 2 posters have valid concerns & like a internet tough-guy 13-year-old, you stayed true to form by berating them & trying to nix the validity of their arguments because you can't or won't understand anything but your own little world.
    Putting yourself in other people's shoes for a little bit isn't going to hurt you. It just may expand your narrow world view.

Welcome to the internet!!!

Chiming in with my own world view: Fix bugs, stop trying to milk us for money with ZEN market <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. This is the "grand release patch" and you're sorta showing us where your priorities are. Yes, we know you designed the game for money, but who are you going to sell all those cantankerous mages too when everyone gets pissed and leaves due to bugs?
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    lilblamlilblam Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys, instead of complaining about what they didn't include with the patch (all those fixes people want), why not just be happy about what they are including? They are working on all your fixes and they will come in due time! They are releasing regular patches and fixing things as fast as they can. Right now it's an official end of the beta, and they want to release some new content with the launch, and did not have the bug fixes ready by launch date that everyone wants. Should they not include Gauntlgrym at all then, if it's ready, just because the bug fixes aren't ready yet?

I'm personally excited about the new content, and I have no doubt that the fixes are in progress, I have seen enough from this company to know that they have some of the best customer service around. Just look at their twitter page whenever the game is down, they are chatting in real time and making sure everyone's concerns and questions are always addressed. Submit a bug in the game? You will get a personalized email with an apology, a possible work-around, and a real show of concern and urgency to address it (this has been my experience).

So no they can't fix everything everyone wants with every new patch, that's impossible. But rest assured they're working on it, just give them time to work and enjoy all the fixes and updates that have already been released. It's a free game, their budget comes from people buying Zen, so you have to consider that as well - there's no guaranteed money stream like a pay to play game, which probably does limit the size of the team working on the game (they all need salaries).

So Kudos to Perfect World, I'm very happy with how dedicated they are to this game, and I have zero complaints.
  • Options
    jurenaljurenal Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013

If this game is created to be a social game, how come such asocial individuals like you are playing it ? Because you seemingly are lacking even the slightest ability to interact socially, putting others down just because you dislike their view. Either have constructive criticism in a polite way, or just keep your trap shut.

Normally i am against violence or abuse, but seems it wouldn't hurt if you would get your bearings set straight so you can grow up a bit.
  • Options
    lucienderluciender Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mkay,

Guess I'll put in my two cents as well after reading all that has been said so far.

To those who are upset about the new content, issues that need to be addressed and the bugs that need to be fixed; I can understand where you're coming from however it may be best to look at it from both sides.

First, and perhaps even more importantly, there are several sections in PWE when it comes to the games... there is a section that deals with bug issues and I assure you that people are working on it. When a ticket gets submitted it will go to the designated section; e.g. billing, technical support, etc. These people are working on the issues that are being addressed but things can't be automatically fixed in an instant, some things take time. Now, I hear you thinking 'Yeah but don't count on support' or 'Even if I submit a ticket they don't do anything about it', I understand you're frustrated but some things take time.. remember that this is a game, not a real life for players like us (and by all means I don't mean to offend anyone, just trying to be a mediator).

Secondly; If the new content requires you to be in a Guild to do them but you prefer to play solo, that is all fine and dandy, there are a lot of different Guilds and even though some -may- be all about endgame gear and are Hardcore 'pros', there are also other Guilds who take things a bit more casual. Just because you like to play solo doesn't have to mean you have to remain without a Guild. You can still solo Quests, Dungeons etc at your own pace but some 'Events' have to be with a group or Guild. For example; in Perfect World International there is an event called 'Territory Wars' which is Guild vs Guild, this is something you cannot do solo obviously but it requires teamwork and coordination. People that prefer to do things solo do not participate in this event but if you want to do this you'll have to join a Guild.

Personally I prefer to be in a Guild and thus I run one myself, the people there socialize with each other and to the person who stated earlier that MMORPGs were about socializing, I agree with you 100% since I rather have someone to talk to during Raids and while questing, even if we do this solo. The true purpose of the game is to have fun guys, if we die in game due to certain things it doesn't mean we die in Real Life. Take a breather, try it again and have fun.. there's always a way to overcome things and with time the bugs -will- be fixed.

Whenever an update, change or add on is being made the first thing people do on the forums is rage... why? Because people don't like changes. Sure, if you get nerfed on your toon that can suck quite a bit, but look at the bigger picture, there are still a lot of things you can do. You don't have to be the best, you don't have to be number 1 cause a 'reputation' in game for such things doesn't mean you win an Oscar irl or have people ask for your autograph when you go pee in a public toilet. Like I said before, it's a game. But again, I can understand if it frustrates you... but does raging on a forum really make a change? I think not.

To be honest I'm looking forward to this new content, even if I'm not at end-game just yet I just enjoy playing this game and level up all my characters, make them stronger, work on companions and learn from the quests. It was what the game was designed for after all. With my Guildies we do things together and on our own, but having someone kick a chat with 'How are you?' or 'Hey, can you help me out with this boss? Cause I keep dying' makes the game more fun for me.

Well, I hope I didn't offend anyone but I just wanted to point a few things out... lets just relax and see what will happen.

Though I do hope the Drow will come out this patch, and if not (since some say they will and some say they don't) then we'll just have to wait, just like waiting for the new class.

Thank you guys, and thank you PWE for making a fun game to play.
    Characters:

Llanowar of Eladamri - Drow TR
    Balthor the Stout - Dwarf GF
    Akroma the Fallen - Half-Orc GWF
    Reya the Dawnbringer - Drow DC

Mindflayer Shard
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    jurenal wrote: »
    Normally i am against violence or abuse, but seems it wouldn't hurt if you would get your bearings set straight so you can grow up a bit.

So many good words had been said today in the forum, so I even forgot to drink my little glas of Guinness to my dinner while waiting for game to be up again :D
This discussion has been closed.