test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chat ban for nothing? really?

a2ura2ur Member Posts: 32
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I didn't even talk on chat today and i get 24h ban. Last time i get banned about 2-3 weeks ago for posting trade offers on zone chat. From that time i completely stopped using zone chat because i didn't want to get ban again. Now i get banned even when i wasn't using any chat from about 13 hours? I only chat with friends and in party. Don't tell me that you can get banned in this game for chatting with friends because it's bull**** and ridiculous. You can see on screenshot that i didn't even post anything on zone chat.

2rhpusm.jpg

Character name: Azur
Post edited by a2ur on

Comments

• notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    which one are you in the chat?
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You do know we dont know your character name right?
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    that's probably the point...
  • a2ura2ur Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    Sorry edited first post
  • gaatorgaator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    This has happened to me, I too posted about it on forums. Mods removed post and warned me not to post it again via PM. So I posted it in a different sense relating to its problems and told the mod I would keep posting it. I got perma banned from the forums. Pretty cool, inb4 closed.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Oh yeah, Discussing bans is against the ROC.

No public discussion about disciplinary action administered to members.
    If you have any questions regarding rules, disciplinary actions, user bans, or even a thread move, please use the Customer Support Ticketing System or PM function of the board to contact us.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?f=688
  • gaatorgaator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    Im what you would call a rogue warrior, similar to the american media hyped 'eco-terrorist'
  • tsovnimtsovnim Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why can't I make threads of my own... I have a serious question to ask but I can't even make a ******* thread....
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    that screenshot proves nothing, you could have been spamming prior to taking that screenshot. Don't spam and you won't get banned.
  • nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tsovnim wrote: »
    Why can't I make threads of my own... I have a serious question to ask but I can't even make a ******* thread....

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=25691
    Measures were put into place for spammers who demolished various forums a while back.

Once you reply to a post on any of the game forums, you then need to wait 3-4 days before you will be able to post on that particular forum.

It is a pain in the pixels, but is the current flow.

If you can't wait, do a search for similar issues and post in that thread, if its not too old.
  • telmo87telmo87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In Past week i got also denied to chat ... 3 dammm... times... till now no replys...
    And i dont Even know why i got reported... lol to this day i still dont... That silence thing sucks really bad ... Willl be one of the things that will make me quit game... For sure... cause it very playable ... but this silence thing just kills it for me..
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    its most likely that they ban withotu checkign chat logs - people report gold spammers, and they just ban.
    Sometimes people misclick in the chat mess and report wrong one - but i can bet that noone checks anymore before givign a 24h ban.
  • g0ld3n4c3g0ld3n4c3 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    am waiting for mine too rofl.
  • werepedobearwerepedobear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    Maybe those report spammer buttons work after all. If you've spammed before, most likely you've spammed again. and some other bloke reported you or blocked you using the in game option.

Funny how this is NOT happening to everybody. Me and my friends/guild understand how not to spam on any chat. and none of us ever encountered this.

Get over it. Dont spam if you dont want to be silenced.
    forumskill.gif
  • trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First, friends and party members can still use the report feature.

Second, being reported for spamming in game should apply to the forums as well... Way to many of these posts around here.
  • jadedlilithjadedlilith Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    Maybe those report spammer buttons work after all. If you've spammed before, most likely you've spammed again. and some other bloke reported you or blocked you using the in game option.

Funny how this is NOT happening to everybody. Me and my friends/guild understand how not to spam on any chat. and none of us ever encountered this.

Get over it. Dont spam if you dont want to be silenced.

Did you not read the post? He didnt spam. Yeah it's good for gold spammers, but the system is way too open for abuse and harassment. If a guild or group take a dislike to someone they can report him every day to get him chat banned. Or if someone expresses a dissenting/unpopular opinion (I don't mean trolling, I mean a having a legit convo, I've seen it happen.)
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Me routinely sell dungeon gear for gold in zone chat & I has never been chat banned.

I practice the 1 Zone entry every 2-5 "chat boxes." (& I use a rather large sized chat box.)

Hasn't failed me yet & keeps me noticed to get plenty of offers.

OP & others who get chat banned are likely the ones that spam (usually with ridiculous offers like Lesser Vorpal, only 300k!) as soon as their entry goes out of the chat box.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I always report anyone using 2 or 3 lines in the chat for WTS or LFG. It's spam and annoying and being banned might teach them to simply use one line, not spam 3 in a row.
    The event especially was insane... -.-
  • vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    that screenshot proves nothing, you could have been spamming prior to taking that screenshot. Don't spam and you won't get banned.

Exactly. That is about 2 second worth of zone chat. It's not like it is instantaneous, so you could have been spamming at any time prior to that, with any of your characters.
  • chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Two things:
    1. I don't care if your looking for party or selling something... If you repeat it over and over and over incessantly... people will report it.
    2. The REAL unfair and unjust bans are happening to people by groups (guilds) ganging up on others for no reason. Like this one player on Mindflayer yesterday got a group of snarky jerks together and told us all we were not allowed to talk about the dog companions, the portals, ask where the bank is or answer where the bank is, or say "Hodor". Anyone who did any of these... even just trying to help others and answer their questions... got reported by them. There was enough to ban one of my friends for answering someone about the dogs.

THAT is a real problem. Sorry I have no sympathy for ppl selling stuff in chat. I watch you guys spam over and over hitting the up arrow and repeating yourself and making the chat scroll too fast to even read it. You are spammers. You got banned. Learn from it.
    edited June 2013
    Two things:
    1. I don't care if your looking for party or selling something... If you repeat it over and over and over incessantly... people will report it.
    2. The REAL unfair and unjust bans are happening to people by groups (guilds) ganging up on others for no reason. Like this one player on Mindflayer yesterday got a group of snarky jerks together and told us all we were not allowed to talk about the dog companions, the portals, ask where the bank is or answer where the bank is, or say "Hodor". Anyone who did any of these... even just trying to help others and answer their questions... got reported by them. There was enough to ban one of my friends for answering someone about the dogs.

THAT is a real problem. Sorry I have no sympathy for ppl selling stuff in chat. I watch you guys spam over and over hitting the up arrow and repeating yourself and making the chat scroll too fast to even read it. You are spammers. You got banned. Learn from it.

While Im generally frustrated with new player questions that can so easily be answered by themselves by simply looking at the map... or mouse-over stats... or read quest/item descriptions.... I would never report them, and often help. Griefing new players like this jerk appearently did should get him a 2 week ban, and all involved.
    Having said that.... everytime some ****ing child yells "Hodor!" (or any variations) my trigger finger itches.....
  • hyttehanshyttehans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    The system detected that you were about to spam! or you were rude to people in dungeons/pvp ? thats my guess.
  • czarkazmczarkazm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If my zone chat is any example, there are not enough people getting reported for spam.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The justification of the abuse of the chat ban system is getting more hilarious daily.

Players have to take it into their own hands to get a third party chat app so they can talk to guildies and friends without the constant threat of being griefed by 20 rules lawyers (more like 4 rules lawyers with 5 accounts each).
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    czarkazm wrote: »
    If my zone chat is any example, there are not enough people getting reported for spam.

The right people arent getting reported for spam. Its being used more as a griefing tool than what it was implemented for in the first place
  • seldoniapseldoniap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Everything listed above is the reason I don't even subscribe to Zone chat. Too many asshats and Jerk offs in most place. Zone gets turned off as soon as I enter the game for the first time on a new character.

If I want to buy an item I will go look at the AH. If I need a group for something I'll ask my guild for one or jump in a queue. Nope, nothing in Zone chat is needed in my opinion. It just opens the door for spammers and tools and threads like this. *wink*
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    The right people arent getting reported for spam. Its being used more as a griefing tool than what it was implemented for in the first place

In part I strongly disagree; the right people ARE getting reported for spam, I see it countless times each day? Gold sellers? People who spam chats row after row? Or spam abuse in capslock whatever? These aren't the right people getting reported, then who is? :P
    But in part I agree; it is being used to grief, sadly.... but not more for griefing than not, like you implied.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you think you where falsely silenced put in a customer support ticket. Your logs will then be checked as will the logs of those who reported and ignored you. It won't lift your ban but if someone did collude to ban you they will get punished though you will never ever hear about it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    seldoniap wrote: »
    Everything listed above is the reason I don't even subscribe to Zone chat. Too many asshats and Jerk offs in most place. Zone gets turned off as soon as I enter the game for the first time on a new character.

If I want to buy an item I will go look at the AH. If I need a group for something I'll ask my guild for one or jump in a queue. Nope, nothing in Zone chat is needed in my opinion. It just opens the door for spammers and tools and threads like this. *wink*

Agreed. Every once in a blue moon someone says something funny or you get an amusing conversation going, but 99% of everything that comes through Zone is utterly devoid of value. There was a period where I was taking the time to click report spam on the goldsellers and click ignore on the tradespam and ******baggery, but it's a futile effort since for every one you cast into the abyss another dozen or so pop up.
  • kielwindsongkielwindsong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was in a PUG (my side, anyhow) PvP match yesterday and two of my party dropped out, so the remaining three were getting absolutely steamrolled by the guild group we were fighting who wound up sitting at our campfire killing us every time we respawned, so we basically gave up at about 700 points and they laughed and told us they and everyone in their guild were reporting us for griefing/afk PvP/etc.

There's a lot of losers out there.
This discussion has been closed.