What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chat ban for nothing? really?

13»

Comments

• insmrakinsmrak Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    And let's not forget that putting someone in 'ignore' does excatly same thing that 'Report Spam' does. Enough ignores and the 24 hour mute strikes.
    BAM

So if u argue with some player who have large clan all he have to do is to ask them to put u on ignore list and BAM....u have been banned ...isnt that sweet. Cryptic losing compass from allowing everything to banned everything. This will be short experiment but reason will come to late for lot of dedicated players.
  • unr8ed1unr8ed1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is always a reaon to a bann. It could have been for harassment prior to the "13 hours" you had not been talking. Or, it could have been a reports on you that stood out to an admin, mod etc. There is always a reason to a rightful bann.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    insmrak wrote: »
    So if u argue with some player who have large clan all he have to do is to ask them to put u on ignore list and BAM....u have been banned ...isnt that sweet. Cryptic losing compass from allowing everything to banned everything. This will be short experiment but reason will come to late for lot of dedicated players.

Its not an experiment. Like it or not, they also use the same chat system in their other games too. People have complained in those games about it for quite a long time.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    unr8ed1 wrote: »
    There is always a reaon to a bann. It could have been for harassment prior to the "13 hours" you had not been talking. Or, it could have been a reports on you that stood out to an admin, mod etc. There is always a reason to a rightful bann.

Oh, I don't think anyone will argue that there is ALWAYS a REASON to ban.....but it should NEVER BE IN THE HANDS OF PLAYERS TO BAN.

Leave it up to admins or GM's to ban.

Owait. That's right...Craptic is too cheap to pay someone to perform that function.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    qinnux wrote: »
    its most likely that they ban withotu checkign chat logs - people report gold spammers, and they just ban.
    Sometimes people misclick in the chat mess and report wrong one - but i can bet that noone checks anymore before givign a 24h ban.

Exactly right. People try to report a GOLD spammer and since the chat moves so fast they misclick and get your name. I've accidentally done that with group invites too.

Seems to me they need better OVERSIGHT of chat bans. Mistakes do happen and since any ticket requires 24 hours for a response, that essentially means there is nothing you can do if you get a mistaken ban like this.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    Exactly right. People try to report a GOLD spammer and since the chat moves so fast they misclick and get your name. I've accidentally done that with group invites too.

Seems to me they need better OVERSIGHT of chat bans. Mistakes do happen and since any ticket requires 24 hours for a response, that essentially means there is nothing you can do if you get a mistaken ban like this.

They improved the chat ban system a while ago. Which is why topics like this don't pop up anymore, unless someone necros one.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Kelemvor is not pleased. Valindra will gain no foothold here. Back to the grave with you!!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.