What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529z.17

Comments

• Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You only need to be in a guild to be aligned with a side, then you can que with who ever you want. It does not need to be 20 guildies.

So you can basically open up a catch-all guild as a workaround? Sounds good to me.
  • Options
    jamesakinzzjamesakinzz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hope there is a new class with this 'release' June 20th or this will be a big let down. Or at least more zones. They said more zones and a new class but just take a look at those notes.. I see a lot of Gauntlgrym but nothing else
  • Options
    brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Still no CW feat fixes... but hey new cash shop items , who needs basic game mechanics to work when they can buy a new overpriced Cantankerous Mage?.... .. . . . . .

wow dude, you think cw is the only one with problems? Once i've goteen a 3m cooldown on TR's theft strike that made my team lose because I could not teleport to where the enemy was capturing, the game was very close on scores...
    I got it too on path of the blade.
    Theft strike many times goes on cooldown without acting, all you see is the animation, no damage, no teleport...
    Also, many timmes we get the shots right and damage is shown as 0 for no reason
  • Options
    joseph86itajoseph86ita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    when you buy best server to reduce lag?
  • Options
    shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if they are merging the servers into one like they stated on Facebook and twitter for game release. They said a few weeks ago they were planning to merge the servers when we had the rollback and people were asking for a new server.
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cantankerous Mage

is this a companion ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kshoksho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    So the teoretical question:
    If i dont have/dont want to be in guild then there is no new content for me because Gaulgathrym is available to enter only for guilds??

Lonely hero in ad&d is not strange thing, so...
  • Options
    alienslofalienslof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was hoping the missing class and race might have been implemented with the going fully live. It's like releasing it unfinished. I would love an archer class - archer is sorely missing and I like playing ranged dps types!

I am looking forward to the alchemy, especially being able to make my own dyes. The colours I want are always so overpriced on the AH!
    A dream to some, a NIGHTMARE to others!

Lolth be praised!
  • Options
    tapewormmarinetapewormmarine Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No new character, no upgrade tomes for Companions, added a NEW companion for zen while leaving the other gimped...

Yeah.. not a very prominent "live" launch. Looks more like a "HEY buy more Zen!!" patch. Sorry but it is how I feel.
  • Options
    masonicgunkatamasonicgunkata Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shadedkin wrote: »
    I wonder if they are merging the servers into one like they stated on Facebook and twitter for game release. They said a few weeks ago they were planning to merge the servers when we had the rollback and people were asking for a new server.
    I heard that's not happening anymore. It's going to be three servers from what I heard.
  • Options
    chuck1108chuck1108 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    phistagon wrote: »
    We can't do Gauntlgrym unless we're in a guild? :( Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for all the hard work and I really enjoy this game but that makes me a little sad heh

I agree. I usually don't join guilds because I'm a casual player who works a full time job and alot of guilds are full of elitists who have nothing to do but play the game all day. I know there are alot of casual guilds as well but the problem with that is people are on at different times because of work schedules and it's hard to have enough people from the guild on at same time for such events. Those of us who actually have "real life" responsibilities will be left in the dust with this being a guild only event.
  • Options
    telainfilotelainfilo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chuck1108 wrote: »
    i agree. I usually don't join guilds because i'm a casual player who works a full time job and alot of guilds are full of elitists who have nothing to do but play the game all day. I know there are alot of casual guilds as well but the problem with that is people are on at different times because of work schedules and it's hard to have enough people from the guild on at same time for such events. Those of us who actually have "real life" responsibilities will be left in the dust with this being a guild only event.
    fully agree !!! and honestly I dislike to join a guild with the only reason to play new content. We can create 2 huge guilds per server named "Play Gauntlegrym Factio A" and "Play Gauntlegry Faction B" and all guildless guys can join those.
  • Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chuck1108 wrote: »
    I agree. I usually don't join guilds because I'm a casual player who works a full time job and alot of guilds are full of elitists who have nothing to do but play the game all day. I know there are alot of casual guilds as well but the problem with that is people are on at different times because of work schedules and it's hard to have enough people from the guild on at same time for such events. Those of us who actually have "real life" responsibilities will be left in the dust with this being a guild only event.

I agree seems stupid to just have it for guilds, I choose not to join one because of my on off play times, I don't like committing to a guild if I cannot be there as much as they want you to be. So basically your leaving a large number of players without access to this content.
  • Options
    graceofearthgraceofearth Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi all, i'm having some issues patching the NW.3.20130529z.17. First it stuck at 49%, continue to download but stopped patching. I tried to uninstalled, then reinstalled... Redownload the whole thing... but everything goes well until 714mb... it continues to download but doesnt patch.... Can a someone reply/help... 1 did the same thing on my laptop (work connection without proxy) and on my PC (at home) what is wrong? is it due to the fact that i'm in Mauritius? Did the patch server location changed or something!!! Yesterday i downloaded 5gb - 714mb... All the other patch was ok, i have issue with this one only. Another friends from same country have the same issue. Give me more info, if a need to check with my ISP, let me know!! I played Neverwinter Open beta all the way and now, when it's finally going LIVE, i can't even patch it!!
  • Options
    graceofearthgraceofearth Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi all, i'm having some issues patching the NW.3.20130529z.17. First it stuck at 49%, continue to download but stopped patching. I tried to uninstalled, then reinstalled... Redownload the whole thing... but everything goes well until 714mb... it continues to download but doesnt patch.... Can a someone reply/help... 1 did the same thing on my laptop (work connection without proxy) and on my PC (at home) what is wrong? is it due to the fact that i'm in Mauritius? Did the patch server location changed or something!!! Yesterday i downloaded 5gb - 714mb... All the other patch was ok, i have issue with this one only. Another friends from same country have the same issue. Give me more info, if a need to check with my ISP, let me know!! I played Neverwinter Open beta all the way and now, when it's finally going LIVE, i can't even patch it!!

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529z.17

Professions
    • The Alchemy profession is now available! Put your brewing skills to the test and supplement your supply of potions.

Quests and Environments
    • Gauntlgrym is now available! Join or create a guild, have the leader ally with the Delzoun Explorers or Luskan Corsairs, and prepare to battle whenever the Iron Tabernacle, Armories of Moradin, and Delzoun Crypts events are active.
    • Gauntlgrym's events last an hour and a half in total, separated into three half-hour events.
      • The Iron Tabernacle is a PvE-focused event. 40 players per map will be able to ally with others of their faction to forge weapons, armor mounts, and contribute toward their faction's war effort. When the phase ends, the team with the most points receives a bonus to defense at the start of the next phase. Access this location via the icon marked Gauntlgrym on the Overworld Map. Be prepared, though; the enemies are difficult and an allied guild is required for entry.
      • Armories of Moradin is a PvP-focused event, and Phase 2 of Gauntlgrym. Players may still access their faction's PvE map in the same way as before and contribute toward their team's objectives, but the heart of this phase is in PvP. Queue for the Gauntlgrym Battlegrounds PvP queue and lead your faction to glory in one of many 20v20 PvP Domination matches!
      • Delzoun Crypts is the event where your hard work pays off. Both factions gain access to the Fardelver's Crypt, a short dungeon with Tier 1 gear. The faction with the highest score after the first two phases also gains access to the Dwarf King's Crypt, a short, but very challenging dungeon that rewards the brave and bold with Tier 2 gear.

Items
    • Profession Packs have been updated! Now all Profession Packs have guaranteed bonus Alchemy resources or assets for a limited time.

Zen Market
    • The Zen Market has been updated with the Cantankerous Mage, Alchemy Profession Pack and Brindle Horses.
  • Options
    zeroxoszeroxos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eagles9595 wrote: »
    Great.. sorry I'll pass this new thing.

Why ? because it's already hard to do any T2 dungeon, they're unbalanced at best , without talking about how elitist they are... people leaving after 1 wipe, people asking for +12k gs etc..
    Injury kit are way too expensive, which lead to people being lass tolerant and patient and asking for overgeared guy.
    I think that more and more people are going to give up the T2 completly.

Hey PW, T2 are suppose to be done by people having T1 gs... and it's not the case !

Now what about this new thing.. pvp ?? so I'm only T1 and I'm suppose to fight against people who will make sure to group between T2 ? so the result is that I'll be able to do the new T1... but I'm already full T1.

It's nice to release new things..but at least make sure to that people can do existing high end dungeon T2 (which is not the case) and fixe some major class issue(like CW feats)

I can't do t2 cuz its to hard and people ***** and leave. Grow up, find people ( a guild) that will keep going til they are done even with that. If your unable to do stuff that others clearly can its not unbalanced you just don't get the concept.
  • Options
    thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    Yes, it is nearly two months since the start of beta, however, I believe that what was stated was that drow would be on general release, two months after release.. release.. is today. So Drow won't be making a general appearance, until oh, August 20th, just around the time of Module 1.. coincidence?

I'm fairly certain it was stated 60 days after the start of open beta it'd be there for everyone.
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was expecting a lot of fixes coming with release, but there is literally nothing here. How long must we CW wait to get our stuff working? Half of our skills and feats are bugged and some don't work at all.

Not only that, the new Enchants you have introduced do nothing at all either. Is it that hard to fix? Please prioritize this.
  • Options
    mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When wil this patch be released. I mean the time not the date.
  • Options
    solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited June 2013
    No broken set bonus fix yet?
  • Options
    dd93dd93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I see a couple of people complaining about PW not doing a good enough update, and just asking for money...all i have to say is the evidence is on Raiderz, the game was highly reviewed and anticipated, Open Beta and first few weeks live were fine and then came the updates and expansion...no bugs fixed, only regular updates were cash shop items, the servers died very fast, people reached end-game easily, and now if you go and play it is dead....i fear, and i may be wrong...but i fear Neverwinter will be the same...sadly it is the cycle with PWE and all their games, one example of this is PWI, their main game, had a bug for i think approx 4 years called the "Rubber band" and this was "fixed" (It still exists in some places) only last november or december...
  • Options
    xaesun01xaesun01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    I am still wondering they said we would be able to play Drow class at launch - any news about this ?

Why would they give you Drow class when you had to get the Founder pack to unlock them?
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    drow will be unlocked 60 days after launch for everyone
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    f3ral0ne wrote: »
    Hey who needs to act like a adult when you can act like a petulant child. Because ya know not like they have multiple sections of people working on different designs.
    So your idea of acting like an adult is just to ignore the hundreds of in some cases game breaking bugs that already exist and just keep releasing new in all likelihood equally broken content so we can end up with a completely broken game? yeah , sounds legit.
  • Options
    realdadiorealdadio Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I work a lot of hours at my job.....I'm in a guild. There are so many guilds recruiting, whether your casual or not doesn't make a difference.

Some people like to solo, you can still be in a guild. No disrespect but thats what mmo's are, you meet and play with people regardless or your playstyle.

Gauntyl requires you be in a guild to que up, join a guild kick some butt and you probably will like it.....just saying.
  • Options
    sirstoukassirstoukas Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ksho wrote: »
    So the teoretical question:
    If i dont have/dont want to be in guild then there is no new content for me because Gaulgathrym is available to enter only for guilds??

Lonely hero in ad&d is not strange thing, so...

Its not strange but one of the things D&D is teaching you from its birth is teamwork and the benefits of teamwork. People will always achieve more when working together and cooperating. So join a guild and stop being anti-social.
  • Options
    buxna89buxna89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    from seeing what people write i conclude they are noobs or either <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>(not everyone just most of). So i say, if you cant write something normal without bashing some1 i am sure you deserve to play wow, so go there and get lost from here. In my case most of people i met in server that told me the game was pay to win, were total noobs i owned them with 7600 gear score and they told me i bought all items... pfff i bet most of people that bash on designer are total noobs and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, no lifers and probably lame and complexed people. I dont get it why do you play a game that is freetoplay and yet bash on it like it is meant to be your game, made for only you and your pathetic lifes so you can feel better.....nah maybe i am wrong maybe i am <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for writing it all... Similar stuff was going on with Heroes of Neverth game...After i checked profiles of those that write **** about game, it was all clear in my head. The guys that asked for balance changes had between 0.4 -0.6 kd ratio(thats like a succes being so bad). Maybe i am wrong, maybe in this game only pros and good players have objections on game...SO THIS IS FREE TO PLAY GAME. DONT PLAY IT IF U DONT LIKE IT OR ATLEAST BE POLITE if u need to say something.
  • Options
    almostsk8trxalmostsk8trx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fix the shield bug...
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xen0phreak wrote: »
    Knights Valor (primary agro ability) for GF goes on cooldown twice in a row every time and half the time bugs out to where the ability can't be activated at all....think you got problems?

the first cooldown is showing the duration of the buff the 2nd cooldown is the time its unavailable.
This discussion has been closed.