test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.3.20130529z.17

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited June 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)

Professions
  • The Alchemy profession is now available! Put your brewing skills to the test and supplement your supply of potions.

Quests and Environments
  • Gauntlgrym is now available! Join or create a guild, have the leader ally with the Delzoun Explorers or Luskan Corsairs, and prepare to battle whenever the Iron Tabernacle, Armories of Moradin, and Delzoun Crypts events are active.
  • Gauntlgrym's events last an hour and a half in total, separated into three half-hour events.
    • The Iron Tabernacle is a PvE-focused event. 40 players per map will be able to ally with others of their faction to forge weapons, armor mounts, and contribute toward their faction's war effort. When the phase ends, the team with the most points receives a bonus to defense at the start of the next phase. Access this location via the icon marked Gauntlgrym on the Overworld Map. Be prepared, though; the enemies are difficult and an allied guild is required for entry.
    • Armories of Moradin is a PvP-focused event, and Phase 2 of Gauntlgrym. Players may still access their faction's PvE map in the same way as before and contribute toward their team's objectives, but the heart of this phase is in PvP. Queue for the Gauntlgrym Battlegrounds PvP queue and lead your faction to glory in one of many 20v20 PvP Domination matches!
    • Delzoun Crypts is the event where your hard work pays off. Both factions gain access to the Fardelver's Crypt, a short dungeon with Tier 1 gear. The faction with the highest score after the first two phases also gains access to the Dwarf King's Crypt, a short, but very challenging dungeon that rewards the brave and bold with Tier 2 gear.

Items
  • Profession Packs have been updated! Now all Profession Packs have guaranteed bonus Alchemy resources or assets for a limited time.

Zen Market
  • The Zen Market has been updated with the Cantankerous Mage, Alchemy Profession Pack and Brindle Horses.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• phinsphanphinsphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    When Can we play Drow?
    1st!
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still no CW feat fixes... but hey new cash shop items , who needs basic game mechanics to work when they can buy a new overpriced Cantankerous Mage?.... .. . . . . .
  • f3ral0nef3ral0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Still no CW feat fixes... but hey new cash shop items , who needs basic game mechanics to work when they can buy a new overpriced Cantankerous Mage?.... .. . . . . .

Hey who needs to act like a adult when you can act like a petulant child. Because ya know not like they have multiple sections of people working on different designs.
  • tammysamstammysams Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whats the lvl cap of characters now it was 60 and i heard its higher
  • buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tammysams wrote: »
    whats the lvl cap of characters now it was 60 and i heard its higher

Still 60 on the preview shard.
  • xen0phreakxen0phreak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »

Knights Valor (primary agro ability) for GF goes on cooldown twice in a row every time and half the time bugs out to where the ability can't be activated at all....think you got problems?
  • meridian113meridian113 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still no Tomes for companion advance :(
    So still level 15 companion or buy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> companion from store.
    nice move Cryptic
  • phistagonphistagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We can't do Gauntlgrym unless we're in a guild? :( Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful for all the hard work and I really enjoy this game but that makes me a little sad heh
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Profession Packs have been updated! Now all Profession Packs have guaranteed bonus Alchemy resources or assets for a limited time.

:D I have been waiting for this new profession.... I'm so excited
  • inserthealsinsertheals Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Soooo, new new class being released tomorrow?
  • kampfer666kampfer666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What's the new class??? Finally a true ranged? And the new race?
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is this the current patch or some new patch , I just don't understand .
    edited June 2013
    In the 'State of the Game' teaser it talked about the release of a new class along with Gauntlgrym, so, I shouldn't expect anything tomorrow?
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Is this the current patch or some new patch , I just don't understand .

This is the patch about to be released in a few hours time.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is the patch about to be released in a few hours time.

I just noticed that , thanks for the clarification though . I am still wondering they said we would be able to play Drow class at launch - any news about this ?
    edited June 2013
    Phenomenal question...

I'm trying to figure out the same thing:

Will there be a new class, will there be a new race!?!?!?
  • billywestbillywest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok still no fix for GF bugged Armor sets? Or at least some info?
    f3ral0ne wrote: »
    Hey who needs to act like a adult when you can act like a petulant child. Because ya know not like they have multiple sections of people working on different designs.

Dude i don't know if serious or trolling.. How can they release new content without at least fixing the major/gamebreaking bugs?
    And we are talking about bugs that exist a long time

Just take a look at this, just an example i'm sure there are a lot more and important bugs but this is from the class i play and i'm experiencing every dang day;

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?358041-Valiant-Warrior-s-set-for-GF-4set-bonus-dont-works
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?358721-T1-Sets-prepatch-and-post-patch-not-getting-set-bonus
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?357851-Broken-Set-Bonuses
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?351991-Stalwart-Bulwark-Set-Bonus-broken-%28pre-patch-post-patch-pieces%29
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?350211-Stalwart-Set-not-giving-4p-Set-Bonus-is-this-a-known-Issue
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?352092-Stalwart-set-broken
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?348632-Knight-Captain-set-borked

Just a "few" threads of this and i'm sure there are as many for knight's valor bug

I don't know about you having a blast and being all exited for this patch but i'm running around in a broken armor set for a week now
    And i invested god knows how many days and hours to get it, not to mention Gold and Diamonds, and how many others are in my place..

New patch/content = New bugs. If they don't fix the existing one's they just going to stack up
  • torniotornio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    Nice work guys.
    19bat_zps7fc6fad1.png
    // What we do Alive // ToRN \\ Echoes in Eternity \\
    The 19th Battalion
    "Captain's Company"
    [CURRENTLY RECRUITING]
    CAPT.png
  • hmusicahmusica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Of course, fixing issues isn’t the only thing we’re doing. We’ve got a lot of new content in the works that we definitely feel will take Neverwinter to the next level. Right now, we’re putting the final touches on some new end game content: Gauntlgrym. It will be our first raid-sized, competitive PvP/PvE experience, and our current goal is to release it to OBT within a few weeks. On top of that (in reference to Gauntlgrym, or in general?), we’ve also got new companions, zones, mounts, mechanics, Paragon Paths, and a new class. I can’t share the details about the new class just yet, but as a hint, it’s going to be a “ranged” one. So, while our engineers, testers, and other team members are addressing maintenance, upkeep, bugs, and network issues, our content creators and artists are working on lots of new things for the game.

Taken from the State of the Game article. The way its written is extremely confusing and doesn't exactly tell us when the new class is coming out. Maybe it's just a surprise and not in the patch notes? Also, is the 20th (tomorrow) 2 months since the beta went live? Drow race should be available now as well.
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmusica2 wrote: »
    Taken from the State of the Game article. The way its written is extremely confusing and doesn't exactly tell us when the new class is coming out. Maybe it's just a surprise and not in the patch notes? Also, is the 20th (tomorrow) 2 months since the beta went live? Drow race should be available now as well.

Yes, it is nearly two months since the start of beta, however, I believe that what was stated was that drow would be on general release, two months after release.. release.. is today. So Drow won't be making a general appearance, until oh, August 20th, just around the time of Module 1.. coincidence?
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • eagles9595eagles9595 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013
    Great.. sorry I'll pass this new thing.

Why ? because it's already hard to do any T2 dungeon, they're unbalanced at best , without talking about how elitist they are... people leaving after 1 wipe, people asking for +12k gs etc..
    Injury kit are way too expensive, which lead to people being lass tolerant and patient and asking for overgeared guy.
    I think that more and more people are going to give up the T2 completly.

Hey PW, T2 are suppose to be done by people having T1 gs... and it's not the case !

Now what about this new thing.. pvp ?? so I'm only T1 and I'm suppose to fight against people who will make sure to group between T2 ? so the result is that I'll be able to do the new T1... but I'm already full T1.

It's nice to release new things..but at least make sure to that people can do existing high end dungeon T2 (which is not the case) and fixe some major class issue(like CW feats)
  • brityvvbrityvv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For all asking about the Drow class,have a look at the new Founder's Pack,they want $199.99 to let you play that class,this is PW nothing good is for free.
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gauntlgrym guild only. Sure... more brainfarts.
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If ppl are getting all excited about the possibility of making a new Drizzt wannabe, better keep ur hopes down. They said the Drow race could come about 2 months after the game release (which means LIVE), not 2 months after the start of the OB phase. Also, i dont see any new class coming before the release of Fury of the Fey Wild, since theres no new class in the Preview shard to test.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Still no fix for Castle Never exploits? Cmon, it is going on for weeks!

Company that release new content before fixing the current one's horrendous exploits disgraces itself! Shame on you!
  • sunhero1990sunhero1990 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    phinsphan wrote: »
    When Can we play Drow?
    1st!
    the drow will be added with the next dlc this summer with others add like class etc. i think....
  • nebbiosadonzellanebbiosadonzella Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Less mage companions. More proper d0rf companions. :(
  • sunhero1990sunhero1990 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    PW you must adjust, for first, many things before do this update, and i don't understand, in the balance and gameplay patch you had announced a new queue system with parameters etc, many of those updates were not included, for exemple the actual queue system is useless too much time to do a good pt for a epic dung too many times i lost the DD event for this reason, too may exploit already exist and they ruin a big part of the game experience etc, pls give to us some info........
  • zgsylarzgsylar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013

the enemies are difficult and an allied guild is required for entry.

Allow us to join without a guild, not all guilds can have so many people online at the same time.
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zgsylar wrote: »
    Allow us to join without a guild, not all guilds can have so many people online at the same time.

You only need to be in a guild to be aligned with a side, then you can que with who ever you want. It does not need to be 20 guildies.
This discussion has been closed.