test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Cragsteep Crypt (Dungeon Delve)

Comments

• budaodsebudaodse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    apocrs1980 wrote: »
    @foxwater, no there isn't any way to stop people from skipping ahead :( I'll write up a post about the story a bit later on as a spoiler so those who missed what actually happened can read up on it.

I can only comment on my experience, the Foundry tool is awesome! It's very powerful and also intuitive so it took me only really a week to learn the basics on my own, and then I learned a TON when I was actually building this dungeon so it took about a month to get proficient and discover what you can and can not do.

I Solod this as a lvl 29-30 Rogue. It was a lot of fun and HARD as hell. lol. I died a few times and swore a few times but that was part of the fun. I recommend if you are going to solo to bring Lots of pots. When I say lots I mean like 3-400 lol. In whole the dungeon was fun however the boss fights were underwhelming. Having to kill TONS of mobs to get to them I would have like to of seen a Boss fight with boss mechanics/strat, rather then killing another hord of mobs and dicing through the npc like butter. Thank you for the great dungeon as a whole though. :)
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    budaodse wrote: »
    I Solod this as a lvl 29-30 Rogue. It was a lot of fun and HARD as hell. lol. I died a few times and swore a few times but that was part of the fun. I recommend if you are going to solo to bring Lots of pots. When I say lots I mean like 3-400 lol. In whole the dungeon was fun however the boss fights were underwhelming. Having to kill TONS of mobs to get to them I would have like to of seen a Boss fight with boss mechanics/strat, rather then killing another hord of mobs and dicing through the npc like butter. Thank you for the great dungeon as a whole though. :)

Thanks for the kudos budaose!

Yeah bosses do not exist in the foundry so we are unable to make true boss encounters with mechanics, we can only fake it :P, trust me as soon as we do get bosses I will be taking the dungeon down for optimization retooling and adding in boss encounters, however once this is done Cragsteep will not be able to be solo'd anymore as true boss encounters will pwn face without a party :)

grats on soloing it! Something I can't do haha We ran this with a party of 5 a few times and the run goes smooth and is a lot of fun, even with 4 people it's a bit more of a challange but still enjoyable and takes considerably less pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • philippusdphilippusd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I get a bug, cant go out of dungeon cnat open the last door because the character dont turn off the battlemode '-'
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi philippusd,
    Sorry to hear your having troubles! if this happens to you in any foundry mission (or in the game) you can leave the dungeon with the back button on the mini map (but you have to get at least 45 feet away form the offending spawned mob) and come back after 5 min the mob will reset and you should be able to kill it, there are still cryptic bugs that cause monsters to some times spawn wonky.
    This so far is the only fix, that or doing /killme and waiting by the campfire for 3 min for the injury to heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • bobrawksbobrawks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sigh. this ruined my whole day. after hours and hours of soloing this thing, plus wasting all my potions, this stupid glitch ruined everything. Couldn't finish the quest. Could'nt get my dailies. Dont even feel like playing anymore. Cheers.

3j0oF.jpg
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Playing through this solo with my GWF atm, and I'm having a blast. This difficulty is what I have been searching for. Epic fun!

Edit: Used about 10 potions, and two injury kits. This was epicly fun, probobly will play it again solo ^^
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
    edited July 2013
    Lol nice lolsorhand,

A glutton for punishment I see, :)
    I have your quest lined up to play as well, I will be doing so when I have a good solid hour to run through, gratz on the feature as well!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Me and the hubby and lolsorhand just did a run-through for some boxes. :3

Great job! I had been curious about this for awhile and I'm glad I got around to trying it. It definitely had a real party dungeon feel to it.. The ambience was just great and the fights were fittingly epic. :)

Edit: I'm gonna have to make some time to check out Ravenloft soon!
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Going to solo this with a level 4 Cleric.

Edit, finished. Proof that low level players have it really easy, compared to high level.

Took an hour. Link
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Lol nice lolsorhand,

A glutton for punishment I see, :)
    I have your quest lined up to play as well, I will be doing so when I have a good solid hour to run through, gratz on the feature as well!!

Hehe thanks, and It was awesome to solo. The most epic soloquest ever if you have a decently geared character. As long as you dodge the AOE you don't need to spam pots. But oh so awesome fun :)
    I like turtles.

edited July 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Going to solo this with a level 4 Cleric.

Edit, finished. Proof that low level players have it really easy, compared to high level.

Took an hour. Link

Remember though you have founder weapon, and a nice companion :)
    I like turtles.

• zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    Remember though you have founder weapon, and a nice companion :)

Yeah, probably 1.5 hours without those. I did it a couple of months ago with a level 15 Guardian Fighter. Took 3 hours :)
    edited July 2013
    How many gift boxes dropped during your run through? Never considered this dungeon to be an excellent place to find them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
    edited July 2013
    How many gift boxes dropped during your run through? Never considered this dungeon to be an excellent place to find them.

None, seems they have nerfed the Gift of Tymora drops too today. Got nothing.
    edited July 2013
    wow that's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, ty exploit mappers for once again ruining everything for us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
    edited July 2013
    wow that's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, ty exploit mappers for once again ruining everything for us.

The exploit maps exploded today. But when I ran yours apoc, I got 10 or so :3

Edit: Thanks for an awesome map btw, wished there was difficulty sliders in maps to bring the thunder :p
    I like turtles.

• karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I've been playing Foundries all night on my L60 and haven't noticed a lack of boxes. I just got 11 from remorselord's Crucible dungeon about an hour ago.

Hmm, mind you that dungeon is all combat and has a lot of hard mobs and 11 is about the same as the avg I got from the Book Binding campaign quests earlier in the day so it's possible drops have been decreased at some levels and removed entirely for others?

Last time I tried to solo Cragsteep I didn't make it far up the stairs or I would take my wizzy in and test it.
  • saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Rolled a new character specifically to see this. First GWF, too, so had to figure the class out on the run.
    Was epic fun, Apoc. Thank you so much for making this.
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Saerrael :)

Hopefully you at least had a healing companion! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Saerrael :)

Hopefully you at least had a healing companion! :P

Hahah! I had two (rotation) and went through 'a few' potions while figuring out how on earth to play the class.
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I ran this dungeon in about 40 mins with a 3 man team of my guildies :)

We are level 60 and very well geared though. We were a Tank, DPS, and Heals.

I gotta say bravo and very well done. This actually feels like an official dungeon. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Cryptic offered to make it one LOL
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I want to try this one but I have no group, I'm guessing for a lonely lv 42 TR it can be hard...
    I'll try to gather some kind of party for it. I also have a crypt crawler foundry and I would love to play a good one to get an idea on how to better mine too.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Even solo this was doable for as far as I got to test it (for a group play I'm doing tonight). Unfortunately it got stuck at wave 3/5 in the survive part. What happened? I looked everywhere to see if mobs were stuck somewhere, waiting for me to kill them and nada. Seems like this quest can be broken. It's a shame since a featured quest.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
    edited October 2013
    *sigh* A highly rated group quest, even featured, but broken for me. I tried this quest both in featured form and in the regular published form.

Always stuck at wave 3/5 in surviving the waves until the portals close...

cipher_cragsteep_1.png

And I also get stuck in the ground when I teleport out...

cipher_cragsteep_2.png

Did the author stop updating this quest after Feywild and the teleporter changes?

EDIT: We ran a five man through your quest and it was a lot of fun! Nicely done boss battles. :) You got a five star from me on your featured one. It's just a shame it's broken for the solo attempts.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    edited October 2013
    Hey there Cipher9nemo,

Glad you and your friends had fun!
    I'm still around, looks like the feywild patch may have broke a few things, as far as the mobs spawns that has always been a problem, one that will not resolve for some reason it happens about 3% of the runs. I tried moving spawn points putting in an invisible floor, nothing has fixed it. I'll jump back in and take a closer look at the teleporters now that we have the 3D fly mode.
    I have been working on another dungeon delve set for a group of 3, however think I am going to hold back until actual group content is introduced to the foundry. I want REAL boss battles not just ones we have to piece together with regular encounters.

Thanks much for the kudos, it was a lot of work, but I enjoyed every moment of creating it! :)

Regards,
    Apoc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Glad you are still around and updating your foundry, apocrs1980. It's alot of work.
    edited October 2013
    ...it was a lot of work, but I enjoyed every moment of creating it! :)

Good to hear. Nothing like the process of creating it. :) The feedback and reviews are just icing on the cake. Sometimes the icing is bitter, sometimes sweet, but creating the quest initially is always the highlight for me.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • snusmumrsnusmumr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like that dungeon quite a lot, it is excellent for solo play, length and difficulty are just perfect for me. But as HR i cant finish it, because there are no skills, that are available to me, that are usable in that last boss dialog.
    edited February 2014
    snusmumr wrote: »
    I like that dungeon quite a lot, it is excellent for solo play, length and difficulty are just perfect for me. But as HR i cant finish it, because there are no skills, that are available to me, that are usable in that last boss dialog.

Thanks for the positive feed back snusmumr,
    I have edited one of the options now so that the HR can kill Blackmore and finish the dungeon :) it should be option #2 I believe.
    I will revise the dungeon when and if they put in actual Boss content for the foundry, until then I'm continueing to work on CH3 of the Ravenloft series.

Cheers

~Apoc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • borak2borak2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I tried my hand at this solo as a 60cw built for dps. My gear score is 11.3k and i was able to do it with 3 deaths. One of the deaths was my fault due to falling off a ledge. I love this place. I remember when I helped you one time test it when there was just 2 of us. It is a great dungeon to test your abilities on. Keep up the great work. Some of the encounters were insane solo. The spider room was one of the places I died because of all the damned poison. Second time through I just nuked the placed :-)