test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Cragsteep Crypt (Dungeon Delve)

Comments

• Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey,

Here is the picture of the glitch
    glitch.png

Thanks and congrats for your quest :)

@slurmmackenzie thank you so much for the report, I'm working on a fix mainly I believe that the enemies can be knocked over the boss encounter barrier with a well timed and placed knock back ability. I'll be putting in a collision ceiling so that those nasties stay right where they are suppose to (getting their butt's kicked by adventurers.) I hope to have this fixed and ready to go after the servers come back online.

Thanks again feedback like this is greatly appreciated!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    idareyou10idareyou10 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey! I'm a CW and I'm in the middle of soloing this foundry quest, it's pretty hard to solo, but I've managed to make it to the final chamber. I'm at the part where I have to talk to Nora's Spirit in preparation for the battle ahead. And there's a portal in front of her. I'm stuck. After I talk with her, nothing happens. And I'm not able to get to the portal because of a barrier. There's literally nothing I can do! Help please!
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The barrier goes away after your complete talking with her. has your quest tracker updated? What does it currently say? *issue resolved* huge gratz on beating it solo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • Options
    elysiumboundelysiumbound Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Completed this solo as a level 12 trickster rogue and was level 17 by the time I finished. Burned through over fifty healing potions, a dozen altars, and a dozen injury kits.
  • Options
    akwartz01akwartz01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    screenshot2013050415474.jpg

Made it solo with my level 28 (now 32) Great Weapon Fighter.

It actually went better than I expected but I'm pretty sure that my Cleric companion is going to ask for a raise because she got destroyed at least twice per fight.

Next I'm going to try it on a Wizard and Cleric, should be challenging.
  • Options
    fietusfietus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey,

Here is the picture of the glitch
    glitch.png

I have a similar picture of this part of the dungeon.
    Also at Broodmother's Lair, where a wave of skeletons is stuck on the other side of the fiery wall. We cannot pull them to our side by any means.
    Stuck there now for quite some time, tried killing ourselves and re-entering a couple of times, but that didn't solve it.
    It's ashame as we have been in there for about 2hours now, and don't want to just quit, especially since doing a dungeon gave extra rewards in the hour we started the dungeon.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fietus wrote: »
    I have a similar picture of this part of the dungeon.
    Also at Broodmother's Lair, where a wave of skeletons is stuck on the other side of the fiery wall. We cannot pull them to our side by any means.
    Stuck there now for quite some time, tried killing ourselves and re-entering a couple of times, but that didn't solve it.
    It's ashame as we have been in there for about 2hours now, and don't want to just quit, especially since doing a dungeon gave extra rewards in the hour we started the dungeon.

Did this just happen Today? I had raised the collision wall but looks like I'm going to have to make it a 1000 X 1000 or something I believed it to be high enough that mobs could not get knocked over it but if it is still happening I'll need to go revisit that area.

What you can do is hide behind the large statue and drop combat, then hit the back button on the mini map, you will not loose your progress but once the mob is out of combat for 5 min it will clip back through the wall and reset, this is the only work around so far until I can figure out why this is happening.

What classes where being used when this issue happened?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    akwartz01 wrote: »
    screenshot2013050415474.jpg

Made it solo with my level 28 (now 32) Great Weapon Fighter.

It actually went better than I expected but I'm pretty sure that my Cleric companion is going to ask for a raise because she got destroyed at least twice per fight.

Next I'm going to try it on a Wizard and Cleric, should be challenging.

EPIC PIC! and at level 30+ no doubt wow! Those monsters are no joke at that level! Truly amazing! I wish I could give out titles for doing it solo or an accolade that you can keep with you as proof you destroyed the dungeon with your bare hands. Awesome stuff akwartz01!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • Options
    mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Very fun adventure! Did it duo (24 rogue and 23 wizard). Died a lot heh. The server crashed once on us part-way through, that was a shame.

Noticed a couple very minor bugs:
    - one of the pillars still has the default name
    - there was a weird "wall-ish" thing covering the archway just to the right where you stick the sword in the stone (where you get the first wave encounter)

Minor suggestion: Some of the text was a bit hard to read. A few blank lines separating paragraphs would help.
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    awesome thanks for the feed back mosby1,

I did see that wall in the 1st fight it was a rogue 50X50 ruler block that thought it could hide from me, I promptly nuked it last patch. I'll look at the pillars and get the one in question renamed.

I'll also look at separating the text in the longer dialogue pieces.... ewww I so cringe when having to edit dialogue in the Foundry. Well here's to having move fun!! And gratz on the due team completing the run! who got to finish off Blackmore? and how did they choose to do so? I'm wondering if any of the clerics or wizards set him on fire yet. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • Options
    ptg389ptg389 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any luck with the 8 heroes encounter? Seems like it's the healing wizard, Wynin (sp?) that ends up bugging most often.

From reading your previous posts, it looks like: Returning to town and/or waiting 5 minutes will reset the mobs? What about respawn and quest progression reset times?

Thanks for your help, it's great to see an author giving so much time and attention to users. Appreciate that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ptg389 wrote: »
    Any luck with the 8 heroes encounter? Seems like it's the healing wizard, Wynin (sp?) that ends up bugging most often.

From reading your previous posts, it looks like: Returning to town and/or waiting 5 minutes will reset the mobs? What about respawn and quest progression reset times?

Thanks for your help, it's great to see an author giving so much time and attention to users. Appreciate that.

Reading over your post ptg389, just some specifics on the fight with Winin, could you tell if he was falling through the floor or clipping through a wall? was AoE knock back abilities involved? Some times these spawned actors will not do anything we want, I think there may be a AI issue with how the terrain is built, also would you mind describing the area your friend was able to get through and fall off the map?

much appreciated, as it literary takes me over 1 hour just to find select and make any corrections to 1 object.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    OK, seems that I may have found the issue, Winin the Wizard's base model's abilities is a teleport.
    Seems that there are times where the actor will teleport them self on the other side of a wall or inside a pillar effectively making them stuck.
    There is nothing I can do about that unfortunately but, what I can do is change the base encounter to a ranged actor that does not use teleport. too bad because the teleport thing was kinda cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • Options
    vizicvizic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,
    first of all, I somehow overlooked the "DO NOT SOLO" and solo'ed (and cursed) the Dungeon...
    I noticed a bug where you stay in Battle Mode and thus cannot interact with Leavers. That has happened several times to me. I looked for some Foes I may have missed or a Foe behind the gates/walls, but there was nothing. The first 2 times I got out of Battle Mode after a while. The 3rd time it didn't end and I had to log out because clicking on the back button on the mini map also didn't work for some reason.

Here are two screenshots:

th_GameClient_2013_05_04_23_33_42_689_zps96c4cf52.jpg

th_GameClient_2013_05_04_23_41_37_495_zps01a0222b.jpg
  • Options
    nefejrangh86nefejrangh86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    giromir.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi, after this message i cant contine the istance. I can click only the statue but nothing happened.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep, been making edits to the dungeon I think when it's being edited and republished it's causing problems for those actually playing through, I'll take in to account any errors that are happening and do all of the edits later at night when the peak times are not so high. Thank you guys for test running the beta ver. it helps me do all the fine tuning.

for those of you whom are stuck, please try some of the suggestions mentioned earlier in this thread. The easiest way to get a mob unstuck is to hit the back button on the mini map and come back to it after a while. This should reset the encounter.

I rechecked all spawn points the other night all are in the proper locations and well above the ground I have had reports from other authors that the monsters are acting the same way in some of there quests as well so it may be a collision AI issue on Cryptic's end, not sure of this but will continue to test.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • Options
    fietusfietus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    apocrs1980 wrote: »

Did this just happen Today? I had raised the collision wall but looks like I'm going to have to make it a 1000 X 1000 or something I believed it to be high enough that mobs could not get knocked over it but if it is still happening I'll need to go revisit that area.

What you can do is hide behind the large statue and drop combat, then hit the back button on the mini map, you will not loose your progress but once the mob is out of combat for 5 min it will clip back through the wall and reset, this is the only work around so far until I can figure out why this is happening.

What classes where being used when this issue happened?

The exit button at the minimap was not clickable unfortiunatly, so we had to use the /killme command.
    I'm a devoted cleric and the other one was a mage who said his spec was kinda op (if you name the specs I'm sure I'll recognize it).

Other than that it was an amazing experience, we spend in total about 4 hours in there, longest run ever, but the mage was friendly and fun, ended on my friendslist. Big packs that required me as healer to really run around, kiting them (or trying) while the mage tried to get them down (we did not have companions yet), we had a real blast and a fun adventure in there :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep, been making edits to the dungeon I think when it's being edited and republished it's causing problems for those actually playing through, I'll take in to account any errors that are happening and do all of the edits later at night when the peak times are not so high. Thank you guys for test running the beta ver. it helps me do all the fine tuning.

for those of you whom are stuck, please try some of the suggestions mentioned earlier in this thread. The easiest way to get a mob unstuck is to hit the back button on the mini map and come back to it after a while. This should reset the encounter.

I rechecked all spawn points the other night all are in the proper locations and well above the ground I have had reports from other authors that the monsters are acting the same way in some of there quests as well so it may be a collision AI issue on Cryptic's end, not sure of this but will continue to test.

Thats a shame, btw was a really nice hardcore challenge doing in solo lol
  • Options
    goose1009goose1009 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Amazing job man. Ran this at the high 50's with 3 other guildmates. So 4 man party. Wasnt all that difficult, but was FUN!! Such great design and use of the tools provided. I wish I knew how to do half of the things you did. Keep up the great work man!
    iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Awesome guys! Yeah goose you ran the dungeon for what it was intended for a party of 4 is defiantly the most fun with out too much difficulty, Solo is crazy so hats off to you nefejrangh86 for completing it I bet you needed a shower afterwards Solo is Looong and crazy hard. But only a handful of people have had the determination, skill, and time to do it! :D Just so everyone knows I tried to solo again with my GF at lvl 35 and it was an epic fail I have no idea how you are doing it lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • Options
    meechiesmeechies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, so I started this without realizing what it was and not seeing the DO NOT SOLO message. However, I had so much fun with it, I kept going. Only died once so far :)

Unfortunately, I can't progress any further than Cinder Gore, because a mob keeps getting stuck where I can't get him. I even tried fighting everyone while standing on the alter with no knockbacks, and it still gets stuck. I tried this about 5 times. I would love to continue, but it doesn't seem like I can :(

RebokCd.jpg
  • Options
    elysiumboundelysiumbound Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exit out of the map, wait five minutes, and then try again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Update, I removed all the walls for the fight with Cinder Gore, so pop those mobs all over the place at your heart's desire. They will no longer get stuck... I hope... there is nothing I can do about their AI :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Awesome guys! Yeah goose you ran the dungeon for what it was intended for a party of 4 is defiantly the most fun with out too much difficulty, Solo is crazy so hats off to you nefejrangh86 for completing it I bet you needed a shower afterwards Solo is Looong and crazy hard. But only a handful of people have had the determination, skill, and time to do it! :D Just so everyone knows I tried to solo again with my GF at lvl 35 and it was an epic fail I have no idea how you are doing it lol

Without any doubt the hardest challenge that i ever find in pve :P
  • Options
    meechiesmeechies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update, I removed all the walls for the fight with Cinder Gore, so pop those mobs all over the place at your heart's desire. They will no longer get stuck... I hope... there is nothing I can do about their AI :P

Thanks so much! I was determined to finish this on my own, and was finally able to! Awesome job!
    lUkRlXP.jpg
  • Options
    cinnamonsynonymcinnamonsynonym Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I ran this in a party of four with a few buddies of mine, and let me say, I'm quite impressed! We went into this at level 17ish, having just come from an incredibly disappointing run through Clock Tower. This dungeon was the first time we as a group were actually challenged by anything, and currently, it's better than any actual Cryptic content we've gone through (hoping this isn't a trend).

That said, we did run into one bug with the spike traps. I neglected to take screenshots, but I remember where it happened well enough. We opted to use the side wall entrance instead of using the hammer, and when we ran into the first batch of spike traps (they were right at the top/bottom of a stairwell), two of our party got hit by them and ended up stunlocked by the traps, unable to move off of them. All they could do is stand there and wait for a minute or two for the traps to kill them before we picked them up off the floor and they could move away.

Other than that, though, definitely a very entertaining map.

EDIT: Also worth noting is that we ran the dungeon two days ago. I don't know if someone else reported the problem and if it's already fixed or not.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys great to hear! Yeah, the spike traps are a bug on Cryptic's end, no matter what height I put them at they still stun-lock people, however, a rogue can still disable the spike trap to free some one if they do become stun-locked. Also, dart traps... if a rouge disables them they will still continue to still shoot darts :P

I keep having to remind myself the game is still in beta and hope the issues will be fixed in a future patch :)

I'm glad everyone is having fun with the dungeon! Now if only I could get my hands on the actual Dev tool set I could make some really wicked dungeons and raids!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • Options
    weaponworldweaponworld Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear Apoc,

I read through all of your notes and am very much looking forward to playing your apparently sweet creation. I do have a question however, and at the risk of sounding greedy, can we talk about loot for a sec please. I understand from your notes that loot is potentially determined by a number of factors related to the map: length, number of mobs etc. Having said that, can a full throttle, kitchen sink thrown in, player created dungeon ever have blue or purple quality rewards within? I have yet to see anything but greens in my experiences so far, save the purple loot boxes of course.

Thank you, and keep up the great work!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Dear Apoc,

I read through all of your notes and am very much looking forward to playing your apparently sweet creation. I do have a question however, and at the risk of sounding greedy, can we talk about loot for a sec please. I understand from your notes that loot is potentially determined by a number of factors related to the map: length, number of mobs etc. Having said that, can a full throttle, kitchen sink thrown in, player created dungeon ever have blue or purple quality rewards within? I have yet to see anything but greens in my experiences so far, save the purple loot boxes of course.

Thank you, and keep up the great work!

Hey Weaponworld,

First of all thank you very much for the kind words and support! And great question!
    This one has come up a lot in Beta, short answer is no we can not set or give out any loot period.
    We can only do our best to full fill the maximum reward per-requisites as mentioned earlier.
    If I could give out Blue's and purples for this dungeon you bet I would. however, the risk of exploitation is way to high so that is off the table. I did ask them about a proven author who they know their content is not an exploit but sadly the answer is still no.
    We did get a YES however at the idea of giving people cosmetic gear that you can only get playing foundry content so I am still hopeful for that! That said however, I have had at least 2 blues drop while running it (not for my class :( ) and lots of epic quality nightmare boxes.

Also on a side note guys I do acknowledge all of the grammatical errors in the dialogue however I physically can not edit it seriously I spend over 30 min trying just to select my 1st dialogue box to export the text in to word and I still could not do it.
    The editor has become unusable for The project at this time but, as soon as the updates and stability tweaks are made to the system and I can navigate a little more freely or at least select the text box to edit it I will do so.
    Sorry for bothering everyone with my cruddy English lol :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • Options
    langstonmellangstonmel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to say, two days ago someone called out in zone chat and I read it as for the Dungeon in the zone. Went in, and I soon realised it didn't match as the previous run.

However, it wasn't til a good way through that I twigged it was a custom map and not a PW creation when I realised there was no music and no boss zooms.

Point being, the map is so good, it fooled a player into thinking it was a PW Dungeon for a good 20-30 minutes.

Great job, I hope you become an ADillionaire swimming in a vat of tips for this creation!