Your take on Bind on Pickup (BoP) - Vote here

Comments

• Options
    mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    stormysg wrote: »
    Here's my take:

Advantages:

- No more ninja looting, it solves the problem of people rolling for drops just to sell them.

- A person who really needs it will (ideally - unless there's a griefer in the party) get an equip that drops if he really needs it.

Disadvantages:

- Players who already have full gear will no longer have any reason to dungeons. (Apart from helping friends)

- Eventually as more and more people get full gear, there will be lesser number of dungeon groups making it harder for those who aren't fully geared to find parties.

Unless there's a constant supply of new players hitting level 60, I don't think this is a wise change in the long run.

- Given that skill kit nodes and astral shield being nerfed, the dungeons are going to get harder and yet be less rewarding.

- A player who does not have the gear score required to run a certain dungeon may have no way of achieving the gear score. (Most parties ask for 9k+ GS for T2 dungeons, what if the player needs a T2 equip to get his GS above 9k?)

- A casual player (who plays 1 - 2 hours a day / plays just on weekends) would take weeks, if not months, to get end game gear.

- A non-casual player with an immense amount of bad luck could end up facing the same problem.

On a side note -

This might be another money making scheme, if they introduced unbinding charms or scrolls (or whatever they want to call them) they'd probably sell like hotcakes.

Thank you

You can put my vote in 2 or 3 aslong as its not 1 im happy.
  • Options
    lethizorlethizor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've seen people state that the current system is the MMORPG standard... in what MMORPG is all of the BiS gear BOE? The mmorpg standard is BoP loot from dungeons, with some BoE drops splattered in there. It should have been that way from the start. Allowing it to be like this and then changing it is where the real issue lies. They should have just kept this loot how it was and then started making things BoP in all future content/sets. Now all these people have bought their way into endgame that can't actually play and just exploit the content to sell stuff in hopes of buying more BiS for more characters without actually earning it. Would have settled for them fixing speedruns and making set pieces BoP only.
  • Options
    subcultsubcult Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Everything should be bind on pickup, and items and in game currency should be non-transferable.

Down with farmers and gold sellers!
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    no bid on pickup
  • Options
    stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2013
    bump /10char
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    and bump again
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The current system is fine. Everyone can need gear for his class, sell it or equip it. It makes dungeons worth running them and it makes the F2P model less frustrating since we might sell dungeon drops to get pay to win items.
  • Options
    lasheslashes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    ... sell dungeon drops to buy pay to win items.

Fixed it a bit for you but great argument!

/thumbs up

P2W FtW
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bump /10ch
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bump /10char
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Intermediate

Need = BoP
    Greed = Bind on Equip (BoE)

this 100%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well it's not in the patch notes for tomorrow morning so hopefully that means they're actually thinking of either not implementing it or coming up with some sort of alternative plan.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    fauust01 wrote: »
    Intermediate

Need = BoP
    Greed = Bind on Equip (BoE)

this 100%

I chose this ^ IF they really need to put BoP on the loot systems. but, my opinion what the game need is D3 style Personal Loot, no roll, no feed on chat box about who get what. chest on dungeons already personal so this style is possible too
  • Options
    minhazulminhazul Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hodor............Hodor
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's pretty obvious that the majority hates the BoP system and wants either no BoP at all or Need = BoP / Greed = BoE.

Less than 20% want BoP as it is on test shard. 76%+ voted against BoP. Quite a lopsided result so far, against BoP.

Make the change already, Cryptic. Otherwise, you'll have an even bigger uproar once you implement this change in 2 days.
  • Options
    thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You guys seem to forget that the official launch day will lead to an influx of 1000ds of new players who'll only know the current system, can't compare and therefore won't care....
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I believe Intermediate would work just fine to keep the masses happy and content.

Lets keep this poll active and bumped to the top. I know many of you don't believe Cryptic cares, but in fact they do. They monitor these forums regularly and value your feedback as well as polls like this.
  • Options
    nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Intermediate plz.
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • Options
    insertc01nsinsertc01ns Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Greed boe !
  • Options
    dacovedacove Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hardly use forums but I made other posts similar about this trying to spread the Intermediate version idea. I think it is overall best solution and had been talking about it on the game for quite a while and decided to hit the forums after positive responses from friends/guild. It's a very simple solution that I feel will go over the best to keep everyone happy. Everyone needs to post and Cryptic will take notice.
  • Options
    trith1128trith1128 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm fine with BoP on hard end game bosses. I never thought it was fair that someone can log into the game, buy ZEN... and be fully decked out in end game purples.

What NEEDS to be done in order to make this work. Allow players to PURCHASE end game tier sets with their seals of the drake or unicorn. You can STILL have boss mobs " by chance " drop tier also. But this way, people doing a dungeon and not getting loot, wont be doing it for nothing. They'd still be acquiring seals to work towards the item they need to complete a set.

Epic end game sets used to be an acknowledgement of a good solid player. These days, with WoW and every other MMO catering to cry babies.. purples seem to get handed out like candy.. which take the uniqueness away.. Lets not go down that path.
    Dr.Real Good : Sun Elf-Annointed Champion :
    Trith : Fury Soulbinder :
  • Options
    liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    deal with it
    nothing to see here
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why is everyone missing the one thing about this whole discussion.

Rolling on boss loot is one thing but what about reward chest loot? This is where the real money making comes from. Running DDs.

If the chest loot is BOP this game will go belly up.

You can't roll on chest loot, it's yours. Well DDO had a system where the chest was a community chest and players could trade itesm using the chest to another player. So if there was a bound to character item in the chest, you could select a party member and trade it to them. This required a /roll command because occasionally you might have two party members who say they want it. The way to sort out who gets the item is a roll off.

This way the item becomes useful to the person who gets it, it can't be sold or traded once it is looted from the chest and players find it fair that a roll off decides multiple requests.
  • Options
    alphanutalphanut Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the intermediate Greed=BOE Need=BOP & zero gold value. Imhlo It is the most fair way of dealing with PUGs.
    Chest loot will obviously stay BOE and people will be able to trade it on AH if they decide not to equip it.
  • Options
    eag1e67eag1e67 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BoP is a good thing but also a bad thing

It's a good thing as it stops greedy people just need/greed items to sell for AD's

HOWEVER

people need to sell items for gold/AD's to buy the item they need

I don't think there will ever be a happy medium as someone will always be happy/unhappy about any decision made
  • Options
    farcursefarcurse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    Need/greed Bind on pick up kills the economy , i like to buy gear from the AH , i run dungeons and sell what i dont need in the AH i love the fact that they removed the need button from the classes that cant use the gear in question, but then again that made another problem , ppl need to sell the item, and that is not fair so........ Need = Bop aka u want to use the item ,Greed = everyone gets a chance to get and sell the item in question

and no BOP from chests

AH keeps having inventory, prices don't skyrocket ...... and everyone gets the chance to make AD
    and more ppl having the same item doesn't make it a bad buy , its the opposite actually , ppl buy it because its good and they will keep buying it ... if the prices drop its not a problem as well ... just as long as u get AD .... and new players can afford to buy items
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I chose other because BoP is pretty much standard fare today. The problem is that EVERYONE who has been playing for the last month or two has been graced with being able to loot everything. Now that Cryptic wants to set their game the same as the rest of the world, half the players on the forums are up in arms.

So is BoP good? Yes.
    Is it a good change for the game? Yes.
    Is it a good change for the players? In the long run, yes.
    Did Cryptic mess up by allowing BoE on all items from the start? Yes.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So is BoP good? No. It will reduce players running dungeons. Who wants to run a dungeon they already have gear for?
    Is it a good change for the game? No. It will ultimately reduce zen sales and will reduce dungeon runs. The game will die.
    Is it a good change for the players? No. How can players make diamonds if the good stuff is BOP? Bad both short term and long term.
    Did Cryptic mess up by allowing BoE on all items from the start? No. It was right from the start.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'll be reading through a majority of the posts tonight or later tomorrow morning and update the first post with a summary of whatever feedback has been posted so far.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    So is BoP good? No. It will reduce players running dungeons. Who wants to run a dungeon they already have gear for?
    Is it a good change for the game? No. It will ultimately reduce zen sales and will reduce dungeon runs. The game will die.
    Is it a good change for the players? No. How can players make diamonds if the good stuff is BOP? Bad both short term and long term.
    Did Cryptic mess up by allowing BoE on all items from the start? No. It was right from the start.
    Don't worry, the world will explode tomorrow anyway, so you don't have to be all doom today.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)