test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

End-Game Loot System Changes Ready for Testing Soon!

Comments

• mumnochmumnoch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Such a horrible idea. But, based on what you guys did to the cleric, I'm not surprised.

Amateur is amateur, if you want to make a fun game you do NOT restrict your playerbase. The massive amount of horrible MMO's who did the exact same thing you guys are trying to do should be proof enough. /sigh
  • osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Making gear difficult for some people does not prolong it, it takes away the reason for the geared to do dungeons, sets this wide gap between old and new players, and mass unlucky streaks set people off. I they want BOP then get rid of the loot system and have drops for people individually. It's pretty stupid for someone who may not have that much free time forced to do a dungeon a million times and still not get what he needs, when before he could've sold stuff, then bought it.

What im trying to say is that dungeon running will become an alternative to leadership grinding/daily grinding for AD gain. Things will balance out, and people will dislike it for the first few weeks.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    osadamask wrote: »
    What im trying to say is that dungeon running will become an alternative to leadership grinding/daily grinding for AD gain. Things will balance out, and people will dislike it for the first few weeks.

It will not be an alternative. Currently dungeons are the slowest, least efficient way to gather AD. The only thing keeping them viable is loot sales. Remove that and you remove it from AD farming.

3000 AD for something that can take over an hour. Has a chance of failure. And an entry gold tax in the form of kits and potions used. But you get salvage right? 4000 to 6000 AD depending on the part. When only a few drop in an entire run. That you have to be lucky enough to win and get. At best, you could make 10 to 15k AD if you end up REALLY lucky and you have a successful group. I suspect an better average would be in the 7 to 9k Range. Hardly a stellar pay off for something that has a significant risk of failure with time and money wasted.

No, folks will do what they always do. Gravitate to the faster or easier methods. More profitable, less risk, less frustration. Dungeons will be run by two types of folks. Those who need gear and those, guilted, obligated, or pressured by guild or whatnot to help them get it.
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The current end game is a joke.. you can get a full Tier 2 set for less than 100K AD spent. Cryptic wants to fix this and people are QQing ?

Yes. You can buy the third worst under that price. Do you think it's ok to pay 600k-1million for one pair of boots from the best of the tier? Maybe you don't realize with your Prince Jesus avatar and your head up the dev's ***, but if loot goes BoP, those hoarded BoE's are going to skyrocket and the majority of the playerbase does not want to run a dungeon 60 times a day and hope their item drops..

People won't do it, and they will quit. They will go back to the games they came from that forced them to do this same thing, and you will be alone, with your stupid avatar and a nutella ring around your neck.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • smurf4859smurf4859 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, I am a DC, I did do a Lot of dungeons and all the pieces I got where from chest during dd (miracle healer) was head and chest. Now how did I get the other 2 pieces? well I sold stuff and bought them. With the prices of good enchantmets it is not worth slotting them on anything else other than best gear. This recent changes will 100% make me leave this game. GG WP till you lost it engame
  • datmiraomgdatmiraomg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BAD IDEA! DON'T! BAD IDEA! srsly don't do this or I will totaly wanan refund of my money...u will ruin game which we like u idiots...just don't ...hope u see how many ppl are againt it ...let us vote and u will see..even more ppl will be agaist..set some in-game voting ...and will see it fwill be like 15% for change and rest against it ...
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This a terrible idea. It removes choice from the game and institutes a must do approach with very little reward. I have two 60's both reasonably geared. I run a lot of dungeons during delves and very few pieces of my gear came from those delves. What I and many others had to was either trade the pieces we received on the runs for pieces we actually wanted or sell those pieces and buy the ones we wanted. Now you take that alternative away. You remove choice and force people in a certain direction and in today's MMO market you will lose most of your players. With the latest patch you have nerfed clerics, the only support class in the game. You have made it UN fun to play for the majority of your players. You broke a ton of feats and powers and didn't bother to fix most of the ones that were previously broken. yes, you fixed a few but not many. Now you will institute BoP loot.....You have a wish to kill your game off?
    /rant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Very good idea, actually puts worth back into gear.
    No more, oh look I can hit 60 and just go to the AH and buy all the best gear.
    If you want the best in any mmo, you should need to put the time in to get it, not just buy it from the ah when you haven't stepped foot into a Dungeon..
  • donnczdonncz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This game necessarily need wipe... (because now it's too late for for these changes...i think salvage + BoP)
    In preview Mimic server - max 10k AD for end-game item...

Good idea but without wipe = unfair very unfair...
    Circle of Protection - CZ/SK
    Server: Beholder

Developers, do not throw the game in the trash your changes. Take advantage of potential Neverwinter!
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    leillanna wrote: »
    This a terrible idea. It removes choice from the game and institutes a must do approach with very little reward. I have two 60's both reasonably geared. I run a lot of dungeons during delves and very few pieces of my gear came from those delves. What I and many others had to was either trade the pieces we received on the runs for pieces we actually wanted or sell those pieces and buy the ones we wanted. Now you take that alternative away. You remove choice and force people in a certain direction and in today's MMO market you will lose most of your players. With the latest patch you have nerfed clerics, the only support class in the game. You have made it UN fun to play for the majority of your players. You broke a ton of feats and powers and didn't bother to fix most of the ones that were previously broken. yes, you fixed a few but not many. Now you will institute BoP loot.....You have a wish to kill your game off?
    /rant

Best. Post. Ever.
  • goodbiscuitgoodbiscuit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have posted before, but since the dev's have solicited feedback, I will post again with more clarity.

My wife and I have a video game budget of $100/mo per person. We moved from League of Legends to Neverwinter. We both love the game. We love running dungeons, but the proposed loot changes would simply kill the experience for us. I worked very had running dungeons to complete my T1 set by selling items I got in DD chests and buying the gear I needed. If I had to rely on the RNG, I would have 1-2 pieces of the set. Not worth my time. Same goes for my wife.

We feel this has been a "bait-and-switch." The game is changing too drastically. It is Beta, after all, and that is your right. It is also our right to leave. If the changes go through, we will move on to another game. Thanks for reading and taking the time to listen to player feedback. We hope to stay as Neverwinter players for a long time to come.

EDIT: And I also want to note that when we buy zen, we never convert to AD to buy gear. We use zen to buy mounts, pets, vanity items, etc. I even gave away 20 keys to the community as part of foundry contests. So not everyone who spends money on this game is doing it to gear up.
  • assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    A wife that plays video game? Is she real? Sorry had to say that xD
  • goodbiscuitgoodbiscuit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes LOL she is real :) and in our guild we have at least 3 married couples who play together. You know what they say, couples that play together stay together ;)
  • skittlebit1skittlebit1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    baddobb1 wrote: »
    If you want the best in any mmo, you should need to put the time in to get it, not just buy it from the ah when you haven't stepped foot into a Dungeon..

Who does this? I mean seriously who gets to 60 then buys the best gear with their magical AD? Oh they paid real money? Good for them, because of them this game is free. Who cares if others pay for their gear, how does it affect you? I'm guessing you're jealous every time you see someone with BiS gear and just say they P2W. I mean do you really walk around and feel superior because you have the best gear and expect others to be in awe of you? Pro tip... no one cares. This game is not hard, its not like only a small percentage can complete CN.

If this change goes through GG, dead game.
  • leonafireheadleonafirehead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So far I loved the game. I have a lot of alts, and all are praying and running profession missions each day, gathering ADs for the day they hit 60. I spend my zen on fashion items. 2 of my characters had enough AD to get fitted with purple gear (mixed though, cheaper stuff) just from playing the game when they hit 60. I didn't have to run dungeons for gear nor pray for luck on loot. Now they want to take this away and for what? So "people have to earn their gear"? Stupid idea.
  • degrusdegrus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow. This takes away the drive to do the same dungeon over and over and over again. It also takes away the free market aspect of the game and makes it VERY DULL. If you can't be in a dungeon with that thought in the back your mind that says "man I hope get an item that can fetch me 400k AD so I can buy 2 lesser vorpal enchants," then why bother? It makes things VERY DULL. Loot rules are already great and fit the game perfectly (since recent patch). If you go through with this you've become all the other crappy mmo's out there that people are currently playing (in regards to loot rules). I really cant believe this has even made it this far (preview server). Go through with this and you'll lose at least 50% of your current player base (including this one). Again, this is a very bad idea.......
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    baddobb1 wrote: »

Prove to me how random drops and rolling, equals EARNING it?

You can do a single dungeon run, do almost nothing, beat the boss by contributing the bare minimum and win a roll on your very first run. Should you prove lucky enough.

You can also do dozens, if not more runs, and never see a single drop. Or worse see a drop but loose out to the previous guy. Simply because he rolled higher. I guess he earned it more.

Blindly running dungeons in the slight hope of a drop is not earning it. Victory by randomness is nothing to be proud of. That is what this system will produce.

We need a system where we can actually earn gear, over time, but without the randomness. And where EVERY run counts for something. This proposed system has none of that.
  • xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This decision is simply beyond terribad on so many levels...

1) It's pointless to switch CURRENT T1/T2 gear from BoE to BoP.
    There are already thousands of complete T2 sets in circulation, and before patch hits, hundreds more will change hands. After stuff becomes BoP first thing that will happen, geared players will CEASE playing except for maybe a daily PvP match, because it will be meaningless to farm T2s for stuff you already have. It will only work if applied to Tier 3 onward.

2) New players (if any) will have a hard time doing anything - they will be forced to farm their PvP sets (say hello to bots, leavers and reduced loser rewards!). Then, attempting to venture into PvE stuff, they will face the longest queues imaginable - most of current playerbase will forfeit t1/t2 runs altogether and sit tight waiting for Tier3 content. I mean seriously, with Castle Never loot going BoP no way in Nine Hells am I going to spend time on the most tedious, trash-mob filled hole for a nil chance of upgrading a T2 weapon to an Ancient weapon. No thanks. Dungeons are boring as it is.

3) It will actually REDUCE zen sales.
    Right now, active Dungeon Delve runners are quite willing to exchange AD for zen (meaning, someone has to buy all that zen) to grab a mount, a pack of health stones, some keys - whatever. After AD becomes scarce and AD usefulness declines, there will be less demand for Zen from the AD/Zen exchange side. Lose-lose, Cryptic.

Oh, and one more thing.
    dezstravus wrote: »
    profession gear that comes from upgrading Bind-on-Pickup boss drops.

You know, maybe for once, just for once, you guys shouldn't post stuff you've no idea about.
    Because, uhm, you know, YOU FORGOT TO IMPLEMENT BOSS DROP UPGRADES VIA PROFESSIONS.
    As in, they're not in your game, folks. So yeah, keep up the good work here.
  • hteadouyothteadouyot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please don't let this happen.

The despairity from creating new toons will be horrible. The economy will die. Overall it is just a bad idea, every single other game that has ever done it has turned into a grind fest.

Yes, people will be able to B2P but if runestones (which make a huge difference are still that way) then that really doesn't help. I have my tier 2 gear but even so the people who dropped $100 a the better enchants still have better advantages.

There are hundreds of reasons why not. History tells it that it doesn't work well.
  • xxhologhostxxxxhologhostxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    macwomble wrote: »
    +1 for this idea. I've 4 level 60's at the moment and running with the best sets on each of them. But I've never ran an epic dungeon. I just opened my wallet and went to the AH, where the best gear is available for peanuts. Not only has this removed the desire to even try epic runs it leaves a rather empty feeling as big as the hole in my wallet.

Having all the crafting skills recently maxed I found it pointless to even bother making purple gear as better gear is available on the AH for a fraction of the cost it takes to make an equivalent piece. Maybe now crafting will be a worthwhile time sink.

So I see this change as a big step forward in providing longevity in what is shaping up to be a fantastic game. Fanboy? I suppose, but after 30 years of gaming there's less than a handful of games I'd be happy to lumbered with that moniker, this is one of them.

You created your own problem and want to blame the current loot system? No one told you to open your wallet, no one made you. You did that all by yourself and now you want to change to a system that punishes new players and turns the game into a continuous grind.

OH and to those that keep saying that that is the point of MMO's. Someone has to break the mold to create the new paradigm. Most casual players in WoW never complete end game content as they just do not have the time. I personally do not care to go back to a game like that ever again.
  • xxhologhostxxxxhologhostxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lashes wrote: »
    I understand why you are upset. But let's try to get a hold of our emotions and have a constructive debate.

I did not ignore the post in this thread. As a matter of fact, I read every single post and I understand your concern and why you are upset with this change. But your post does nothing to disprove what I wrote in my post. Repeatedly doing dungeons for end game gear is what MMO's are all about, not buying all of your end game gear from the AH because you are tired of running dungeons. Many are asking "where is the game play for those who have obtained all of the end game gear in the game." But what about those who ask "where is the challenge in this game when we can easily buy all of the end game from the auction house minutes after reaching level 60, which by the way can be achieved in a matter of days?"

TBH, I don't have a dog in this fight but let's be reasonable here. There is a reason why MMO's have functioned in this manner since forever.

It is what all other MMO's are about. Get this straight and understand, some people, probably the majority of them based on the posts in this thread, actually like the idea of not having to grind over and over and over and over for a piece that never drops. They actually like getting the gear.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Great change, haters can't cheese and have to earn the gear.

A+ change, the negative is it will increase AD in circulation because people can't buy a lot of items anymore
  • zikkszikks Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ifthir wrote: »
    Great change, haters can't cheese and have to earn the gear.

A+ change, the negative is it will increase AD in circulation because people can't buy a lot of items anymore

Hoping the RNG god smiles on you is not earning it. Some people will luck out and get all their gear in a week of running dungeons others will go months without completing their setup. I'm all for this myself IF they change the drops or change everything to seal vendors that you can guarantee that after so much time and effort you at least will get the rewards for your effort.
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    macwomble wrote: »
    +1 for this idea. I've 4 level 60's at the moment and running with the best sets on each of them. But I've never ran an epic dungeon. I just opened my wallet and went to the AH, where the best gear is available for peanuts. Not only has this removed the desire to even try epic runs it leaves a rather empty feeling as big as the hole in my wallet.

Having all the crafting skills recently maxed I found it pointless to even bother making purple gear as better gear is available on the AH for a fraction of the cost it takes to make an equivalent piece. Maybe now crafting will be a worthwhile time sink.

So I see this change as a big step forward in providing longevity in what is shaping up to be a fantastic game. Fanboy? I suppose, but after 30 years of gaming there's less than a handful of games I'd be happy to lumbered with that moniker, this is one of them.

Thinks the game is fantastic, calls himself a fanboy, yet chose to skip the majority of the end-game content?

Something doesn't add up.
  • willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    So funny all the people talking about "earning" your gear. I have yet to hear anyone talk about how they "earned" their money from the lottery. It's calling winning it. Yeah you have to play to "win", but it's certainly not earning anything.

I guess thoughts like that come from bad parenting.
  • sorrowswindssorrowswinds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    game breaking terrible idea. Bind on equip is ok, anything else really takes away from the trade aspect
    eIZAVOi.jpg
  • wildswannwildswann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've said it before what this comes down to is forcing ppl into dungeons (rather than fixing the problems in those dungeons) and creating a time sink because there is no pve content at 60 not even a variety of skirmish or dungeon dailies just the same 2. I've done every epic dungeon at least once I don't do them anymore because I don't want to spend my time climbing walls, typing kill and glitching bosses which seems to be the only way dungeons are run now. Not to mention you can run a dungeon and be lucky and get your gear drop and win the roll first run or you can be unlucky and the gear never shows and if it does you lose the roll for 99 runs.

BoP doesn't solve any of these problems and it's alt and new player unfriendly. Fix the dungeons find some boss mechanics leave loot BoE and control it by introducing individual loot which gets rid of a screen full of loot boxes in every fight.
  • xanquilxanquil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    wildswann wrote: »
    I've said it before what this comes down to is forcing ppl into dungeons (rather than fixing the problems in those dungeons) and creating a time sink because there is no pve content at 60 not even a variety of skirmish or dungeon dailies just the same 2. I've done every epic dungeon at least once I don't do them anymore because I don't want to spend my time climbing walls, typing kill and glitching bosses which seems to be the only way dungeons are run now. Not to mention you can run a dungeon and be lucky and get your gear drop and win the roll first run or you can be unlucky and the gear never shows and if it does you lose the roll for 99 runs.

BoP doesn't solve any of these problems and it's alt and new player unfriendly. Fix the dungeons find some boss mechanics leave loot BoE and control it by introducing individual loot which gets rid of a screen full of loot boxes in every fight.

100% agree
    As it stands this change will not get me to run dungeons any more often than I already do, It will do the reverse.

Individual loot is the only way to make me want to party with anyone. I'de rather fight monsters instead of my own party for loot.
  • givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    just keeping the thread alive as this system needs to be stoped before it kills the game I don't want to have to find new game to play but will if this goes live
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • skittlebit1skittlebit1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most of the people who like this idea are people who bought AD with zen then bought all of their gear, and are now complaining that they are bored and the game is easy. I mean...really. You create your own problem then want to screw the rest of the player base over to force Cryptic to protect you from your own stupidity.

If this goes live, the game will die. I could be wrong, but I'm not.
This discussion has been closed.