test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Outstanding CW Bugs/Issues (Since 6/13 Patch)

Comments

• freehugs9freehugs9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    With Evocation, were you able to test all AoE powers? With all the glitches, I'd be surprised if it worked properly with Icy Terrain, SotEA, etc.

I tested those two and CoI. Not Mealstrom I don't have that, and the AS tooltip is wrong which makes it hard. It's an easy test on the on target dummies because they have no mitigation: check tooltip without Evoction, use powers bunch of times to see if it matches tooltip, add Evoction and use power to see if it exceeds tooltip.
  • cathrynsoulwindcathrynsoulwind Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was able to duplicate the Nightmare Wizardry bug. Even just attacking the dummies it would occasionally proc on the dummy but some of the time it was on me. Excellent.
  • bongstickbongstick Member Posts: 83
    edited June 2013
    An enemy Wizard in pvp proc Wizardry on me :D
  • tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It seems like a lot of mobs have suddenly become immune to control (entangling force).
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    tirwen1 wrote: »
    It seems like a lot of mobs have suddenly become immune to control (entangling force).

From what im seeing your now being told immune when you hit a mob that cant be controlled. B4 you werent getting the notifications.
  • magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited June 2013
    I find a bigger bug in this game that no one seems to see before, the neverwinter team in charge to fix this bugs its a bug in fact...
    Every time they fix something they blow up 300 other things...
  • reginaldwalsmitreginaldwalsmit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just tested on dummies and Icy Terrain doesnt seem to give any ap on itself at all. However if i first cast conduit of ice, in my case tabbed, on the target dummies and then ice terrain after then icy terrain does give me ap. If i put icy terrain on Tab then it does give me ap without me having to cast any other spell first on target for some kinda debuff.
  • scannjerscannjer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    I want to ask something... because I'm not really sure about it! (need some testing)

The heroic feat "Focused Wizardry" say's that it gives 9% more AOE damage... but I found one site that has feat calculator and there the tool tip say's "Your area of effect powers deal 3/6/9% more damage when they strike only a single target"

Any idea if this is true?

If you just get the damage increase on one target only.... I better spend does points elsewhere :)

Let me know if you know anything about that please!
  • sekuenssekuens Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Chilling Precense: Tooltip says that the damage increase affects all spells but it only seems to affect cold based spells.
  • ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    New bug to add: the Paragon feat Alacrity is not doing its job. This is a skill in the Oppressor Paragon Path. I was about to respec to Oppressor but figured I'd test it out on the Preview shard first. Good thing I did, because this is the skill I wanted the most. After testing the skill for 15 minutes in a Foundry, I've concluded that it doesn't work, or at least not as intended. The message says that Alacrity has proc'd, but it doesn't reduce the cooldowns of Icy Terrain and Entangled Force by any more than 1 second, and I am pretty sure that it doesn't even do that much, because I do not see a difference in the speed at which the numbers go down. With 5/5 points it should be reducing the cooldowns by 2.5 seconds, this should be very easily noticeable.

Someone please test this out and confirm. This could be huge for AP gain if it worked properly. It's incredibly simple to test, you drop Icy Terrain on some mobs, then Entangle one, then finish them off with Chill Strike while looking at your cooldowns. They are obviously affected by Chill when they die, yet I see no numbers changing.
  • rotainrotain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just notice that magic missile causes drow faire fire to be applied to caster and not to target. Where as if you COI then it applies to enemy.
  • rotainrotain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also when teleporting in skills do not always fire if you click straight away, sometimes I found daily skills reset ap and nothing happened.
  • vindicitvindicit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So when are we getting confirmation that these are really bugs from Cryptic? This patch broke more then it fixed. How did all this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> go through?
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please pw fix the stuff and recheck the nerfs -_-

Storm pillar fully charged (~3s ur vulnerable) doesnt even do a fraction of the damage magic missile does in 3s, even if there is more then one mob around -_-
  • magemyronmagemyron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My contribution:
    Heroic feat Prestidigitation tool tip says that it increases stats for both you and your party members, but the feat icon never appear on the Wizard himself nor increases any stats for him alone, though it works for the party members. Only with another CW on the party that has Prestidigitation said Wizard will gain the feat's benefits.

And the skill cooldown re-charging when using a spell after teleporting happens to me all the time, especially when using Shield.
  • oldbuggaoldbugga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To me it looks like the cooldown reduction feats are not stacking nor are they stacking with set bonuses. Could be wrong but all I seem to get is the highest (set bonus) of 25% reduction on base cd....the feated cooldown reductions seem to be ingored or only the highest is applied. Nowhere does it say they do not stack etc.
    The older I get....the better I was
  • johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    99% broken. few powers. this really sucks.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone else found that teleporting during the third shot of magic missile lets you fire another 3rd shot if you immediately reclick on a target? Probably not working as intended, but somewhat difficult to reproduce.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • benamoulettebenamoulette Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey Bro !
    Go Reroll ! or maybe , Go delete ! :cool::cool:
  • lemandallemandal Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    New bug to add: the Paragon feat Alacrity is not doing its job. This is a skill in the Oppressor Paragon Path. I was about to respec to Oppressor but figured I'd test it out on the Preview shard first. Good thing I did, because this is the skill I wanted the most. After testing the skill for 15 minutes in a Foundry, I've concluded that it doesn't work, or at least not as intended. The message says that Alacrity has proc'd, but it doesn't reduce the cooldowns of Icy Terrain and Entangled Force by any more than 1 second, and I am pretty sure that it doesn't even do that much, because I do not see a difference in the speed at which the numbers go down. With 5/5 points it should be reducing the cooldowns by 2.5 seconds, this should be very easily noticeable.

Someone please test this out and confirm. This could be huge for AP gain if it worked properly. It's incredibly simple to test, you drop Icy Terrain on some mobs, then Entangle one, then finish them off with Chill Strike while looking at your cooldowns. They are obviously affected by Chill when they die, yet I see no numbers changing.

Not working for me either... free respec gone to waste :(
  • nightmarewarnightmarewar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pls fix it fast, cw is unplayable atm, no fun at all.

Its been 4 days now, i know that all are working on Gauntlegrym but atm
    i see no sense in Playing it with bugged skills and sets.
  • gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    I don't understand where this 'CW is unplayable' rubbish is coming from. Most of these are minor issues, some are clarity problems, some are just simply reports. The class is more than playable. Can anyone name a single bug that actually justifies significant frustration?
  • nightmarewarnightmarewar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sure i can.

1) The Shield CD, 13 Seconds instead of 6 is a great frustration. If u fail once at CN u are Dead 100%.
    2) Nightmary Wizardy, really funny to give mobs Combat Advantage against you. Imo i get hitted for 4k by Trahs mobs rly funny.
    3) Eye of the Storm, main Passive on CW, doenst proc on all skills sense?
    4) Steal time after teleport, kinda funny in CN tbh if group expects to see stun do the warlords that drain u and then u are like nope skill went on cd without cast sry guys, Rogue dead.

These are the most frustrating to me atm. Enough or shall i call more?!
  • lemandallemandal Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    In response of reports regarding Icy Terrain's action point gain, it is fine (8% of your bar).
    The spell does not build AP if you're not in combat. Try it in a real fight or put a dot on a dummy to stay in combat.

Conduit of Ice with Thaumaturge feats works fine too. Log entries properly state a 15% increase in damage while CoI is on target.
    edited June 2013
    1) The Shield CD, 13 Seconds instead of 6 is a great frustration. If u fail once at CN u are Dead 100%.

Sure, an annoying change. Is this a confirmed bug, or an intended change? More to the point, how does this make us unplayable? This ability is exclusively useful for PvE, and increases the demand in groups for the class. I'm not seeing a downside here - are you worried people are going to bring the other class that can send mobs flying into the air?
    2) Nightmary Wizardy, really funny to give mobs Combat Advantage against you. Imo i get hitted for 4k by Trahs mobs rly funny.

An optional talent that is still worth taking even with the bug. That really says a lot about it. Giving your entire group combat advantage against a boss versus sometimes giving mobs combat advantage against you? I'll take that trade any day. If you disagree, don't put feat points into it.
    3) Eye of the Storm, main Passive on CW, doenst proc on all skills sense?

And this is an issue how? This entire bug essentially boils down to 'EotS doesn't work with two useless abilities'. This is exclusively an issue for clearing trash, and even then - EotS uptime is like .. 5%? Both abilities are rubbish anyway. They don't apply mitigation debuffs, they don't generate meaningful AP, they don't push things off ledges, they are not useful in PvP, and if you are actually dumb enough to use either of them, you're not doing it for the damage output.
    4) Steal time after teleport, kinda funny in CN tbh if group expects to see stun do the warlords that drain u and then u are like nope skill went on cd without cast sry guys, Rogue dead.

This isn't even a vital ability for CWs, I would honestly advise against using it on the current patch. This really seems like the height of unplayability though - a rogue was trying to stand in a mechanic and you couldn't stun the mobs to rescue him from his unfortunate brain damage. Well gosh I might as well delete my character.
    These are the most frustrating to me atm. Enough or shall i call more?!

Sure, make sure any issues you list actually make the class 'unplayable' and aren't just minor inconveniences.
    edited June 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    Sure, an annoying change. Is this a confirmed bug, or an intended change? More to the point, how does this make us unplayable? This ability is exclusively useful for PvE, and increases the demand in groups for the class. I'm not seeing a downside here - are you worried people are going to bring the other class that can send mobs flying into the air?

OK, so please tell which other class should knock mobs over the edge at CN?
    An optional talent that is still worth taking even with the bug. That really says a lot about it. Giving your entire group combat advantage against a boss versus sometimes giving mobs combat advantage against you? I'll take that trade any day. If you disagree, don't put feat points into it.

ATM it gives constantly giving mobs CA, u get 1 shotted by phase spiders atm.
    And this is an issue how? This entire bug essentially boils down to 'EotS doesn't work with two useless abilities'. This is exclusively an issue for clearing trash, and even then - EotS uptime is like .. 5%? Both abilities are rubbish anyway. They don't apply mitigation debuffs, they don't generate meaningful AP, they don't push things off ledges, they are not useful in PvP, and if you are actually dumb enough to use either of them, you're not doing it for the damage output.

You are not a damage dealer, u are the one to control adds.Nothing to add
    This isn't even a vital ability for CWs, I would honestly advise against using it on the current patch. This really seems like the height of unplayability though - a rogue was trying to stand in a mechanic and you couldn't stun the mobs to rescue him from his unfortunate brain damage. Well gosh I might as well delete my character.

See above, u are not a damage dealer u are a Control Wizard, damgae wizard will be warlock later on, Steal time is one of the main ablities.
    Sure, make sure any issues you list actually make the class 'unplayable' and aren't just minor inconveniences.

Ok, mby unplayable is the wrong word, but its not fun atm cuz things doesnt work as intented.
    edited June 2013
    OK, so please tell which other class should knock mobs over the edge at CN?

That's the joke. There isn't one. Nerfing shield just increases the viability of repel and bringing more of us.
    ATM it gives constantly giving mobs CA, u get 1 shotted by phase spiders atm.

It gives mobs CA against you if you use certain abilities. CA is a small percentage increase. You get one shotted by phase spiders either way.
    You are not a damage dealer, u are the one to control adds.Nothing to add

Great, so there is no problem with EotS not working for either ability then.
    See above, u are not a damage dealer u are a Control Wizard, damgae wizard will be warlock later on, Steal time is one of the main ablities.

Then why don't you use blue gear with 243 recovery in every slot? Clearly this is what everyone should be doing, right?

Hint: We apply more mitigation debuffs than any class in the game by a huge margin. We do more single target damage than anyone but rogues while doing so. We are the best damage dealing class in the game since release.
    Ok, mby unplayable is the wrong word, but its not fun atm cuz things doesnt work as intented.

Fun is the wrong word too, lets be honest here. These are minor issues you can work around. If you think the game isn't fun as a result of these minor issues then you're not going to enjoy it when they fix them either.
    edited June 2013
    That's the joke. There isn't one. Nerfing shield just increases the viability of repel and bringing more of us.

So u say that repel works also perfectly, pls tell me more.
    It gives mobs CA against you if you use certain abilities. CA is a small percentage increase. You get one shotted by phase spiders either way.

Combat Advantage, from one mob Ok, but still it goes on all mobs, and if u get hitted by several archers or so its still pretty much damage.
    Great, so there is no problem with EotS not working for either ability then.

Sure their is, u dont deal as much damage as a rouge but u are the class with still the highest AOE damge, trash clear is to all not to one.
    Then why don't you use blue gear with 243 recovery in every slot? Clearly this is what everyone should be doing, right?
    Softcap is at 2850 Recovery.Do i have to say more?! Average is 3000 Power 3000 Crit 2850 Recovery and 2000 ARP
    Hint: We apply more mitigation debuffs than any class in the game by a huge margin. We do more single target damage than anyone but rogues while doing so. We are the best damage dealing class in the game since release.

And again you are not supposed to deal Damage, but u will realise it when Ranger as next DD class comes. Imo most ppl think that CW is DD cuz he is a mage class (normally mage= damage) but damage Mages will come later, this will be warlock/Sorcerer.
    Fun is the wrong word too, lets be honest here. These are minor issues you can work around. If you think the game isn't fun as a result of these minor issues then you're not going to enjoy it when they fix them either.

I had already a lot of fun , but its frustrating to see that things doesnt work as intended after a patch, this might happen , nothing to say about, but not doing anything about it after 4 days isnt the right reaction.
  • repnadracrepnadrac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Well I must disagree with you there, a good rogue, GWF or even GF will do more damage than a CW. Don’t get me wrong I am not saying that a CW does not do damage, I am saying that others can do your job (in terms of Damage) much better that you. That’s the reason why the CW is the only Class, with 3 dodges, since our job is to control not to do damage! And now, if you think I making things up you can reread it in the original DnD rulebook, which this game is based on.

Hoped I helped you a little :) best regards Reptile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    Sure their is, u dont deal as much damage as a rouge but u are the class with still the highest AOE damge, trash clear is to all not to one.

And these issues make clearing trash 'unplayable'? We still do more damage than anyone else, where is the issue?
    Softcap is at 2850 Recovery.Do i have to say more?! Average is 3000 Power 3000 Crit 2850 Recovery and 2000 ARP
    And again you are not supposed to deal Damage, but u will realise it when Ranger as next DD class comes. Imo most ppl think that CW is DD cuz he is a mage class (normally mage= damage) but damage Mages will come later, this will be warlock/Sorcerer.

You believe we are not supposed to deal damage, and yet you think we should be stacking ARP. I'm not the one who needs to realize anything.
    Well I must disagree with you there, a good rogue, GWF or even GF will do more damage than a CW.

A rogue yes, anyone else, no. I don't care what the rulebook says. That isn't what the game is saying.