test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rogues overpowered. Entire population starting create rogues.

lukyan2lukyan2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
In like 1 mounth if the crypt dont fix the rogues skills to balance pvp Im out of this game and I want my money refund back.Me and my friends are leaving this game to another mmo if no solution is applyed.
Post edited by lukyan2 on

Comments

• Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3FDvThmYhu-JAjR7v1Zhn-53oaFUJmvddHaCycoj-EqZsC319
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lol these kid has no idea what his talking about :o After several nerfs rogue is still the OP class? xD
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can play rogue so you will always win as other classes would not be stronger than rogues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    lol these kid has no idea what his talking about :o After several nerfs rogue is still the OP class? xD

Yes. Yes they are. The fact is Rogues took ONE, major hit to ONE daily skill and yet they are still one shotting people with lashing blade for 30k and up. Yes 30k and up, I've seen it and personally experienced it three times in one match. On top of that they are taking builds that allow them to almost permanent-stealth and kill you with cloud of steel without you ever seeing them. Yes Rogues are still op and No, you did not take a bunch of nerfs. You took one.
  • Options
    osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    monarrch wrote: »
    Yes. Yes they are. The fact is Rogues took ONE, major hit to ONE daily skill and yet they are still one shotting people with lashing blade for 30k and up. Yes 30k and up, I've seen it and personally experienced it three times in one match. On top of that they are taking builds that allow them to almost permanent-stealth and kill you with cloud of steel without you ever seeing them. Yes Rogues are still op and No, you did not take a bunch of nerfs. You took one.
    I would like to see enchants not work on rogues ranged skills. (plague fire, tenebrous) That would solve the "op" rogue I feel.
  • Options
    anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    monarrch wrote: »

You actually saying that in one match you get hit by 3 lashing blades?
    Its not rogues problem.Its yours.You are just bad on pvp.
  • Options
    monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You actually saying that in one match you get hit by 3 lashing blades?
    Its not rogues problem.Its yours.You are just bad on pvp.

And so begins the "you are just bad at PVP" rebuttal by yet another player who has no other recourse or argument to sway against unrelenting truth. Yes, when you are faced with truth and have no other option, then let the personal attacks rule the day, after all, it's all you have left.
  • Options
    anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ok whatever you say mister i got 1shoted 3 times from lashing blade during a pvp match
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did you manage to compare your gearscores? When I'm on my 8k rogue and go up against a 12k rogue...well yeah I get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up.
  • Options
    nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    osadamask wrote: »
    I would like to see enchants not work on rogues ranged skills. (plague fire, tenebrous) That would solve the "op" rogue I feel.
    Almost at the point there. Plague fire is ok /well a little OP with the % def reduction/ but tenebrous is the real problem. My suggestion? Make it a regular Weapon Enchantment with added % weapon dmg.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    nightfer01 wrote: »
    Almost at the point there. Plague fire is ok /well a little OP with the % def reduction/ but tenebrous is the real problem. My suggestion? Make it a regular Weapon Enchantment with added % weapon dmg.

+1 from me.Its an enchant than requires 0 skill to use/do very sustained dmg.
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited June 2013
    And so begins the next whining about TRs, like predicted
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    selonw wrote: »
    And so begins the next whining about TRs, like predicted
    Go in stelth -> shoot your target to death while it cant shoot back -> if target is still alive dash + shocking execution/lashing strike -> if target is still alive, go in invisible and shoot it to death again -> if target is still alive, repeat from the beginning

Where is your god now? Where is your skill?

Solution? Implement "Reveal Invisible" spells or potions! In every game I have played since 1995, there are eighter potions or scrolls or spells that reveal invisible targets. Why there is none in Neverwinter? Even in the original Neverwinter Knights there is a potion like that and a spell too.
  • Options
    lour0lour0 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, where the hell is the "True Seeing" spell?
    I play a Cleric with 9k GS and I'm still being oneshooted for +20k INSIDE MY ASTRAL SHIELD!!!

I think the problem is not just on rogues but on the damage/hp ratio on pvp. It should be a little lower, so higher chances to survive the initial damage burst granting you a real chance to counterattack. Or just low the armor pen efectiveness so stacking armor can save you from being oneshooted.
  • Options
    sinbiussinbius Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    nightfer01 wrote: »
    Go in stelth -> shoot your target to death while it cant shoot back -> if target is still alive dash + shocking execution/lashing strike -> if target is still alive, go in invisible and shoot it to death again -> if target is still alive, repeat from the beginning

pls teach me to do Shocking execution in loop!!!! (Me **** I have it as a daily unfortunally)

You really have never played a rogue in your life...

You don't know how stealth works...
    You don't know how COS works...
    You don't know how a daily works...
    You don't know how lashing blade works...
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    25% deflect is pretty stronk considering everyone else is at 50%
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sinbius wrote: »
    pls teach me to do Shocking execution in loop!!!! (Me **** I have it as a daily unfortunally)

You really have never played a rogue in your life...

You don't know how stealth works...
    You don't know how COS works...
    You don't know how a daily works...
    You don't know how lashing blade works...

He said "shocking execution/lashing strike," indicating either one. I personally slot Shadow Strike also so I can continue my stealth afterwards, so my gameplay is similar to this.

Have still yet to be beaten in a 1v1... I can stealth a *very* long time, and throw tene+plaguefire daggers at enemies that proc for ~780 or so per each. With 7 enchants, that's 5460 each time they all proc every 5 seconds(there's also a bug where they can proc for more), while the other people run around frantically trying to find me. When i'm done with my daggers, a slashing strike will usually get me a quick kill. God forbid I pop Lurkers Assault. OP??? Well....

I've leveled up 3x 60's at this point to BiS gear, and I've felt OP with each class. GF/TR/CW. Working on a GWF now. Each class is OP in it's own right and spec(I could list them all, but people here already know the deal). If every class is OP, then none of them really are. PvP is still very objective based, which means it comes down to team composition/ability/coordination. We've all played matches where a TR got a 34-0 match, but his team still lost.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bananachef wrote: »
    25% deflect is pretty stronk considering everyone else is at 50%
    It is if you are a rogue :D again rogues gets all the fun.
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I bet monarrch armor protection is so low
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i never understood why people play PvP in games like this one, at least play premades vs premades, and do it to show coordination and teamwork, 1 vs 1 in Fantasy games makes absolutely no sense... if you really wanna show skill 1 vs 1, play starcraft or first person shooters, bragging or whining about the pvp balance of a game GROUP balanced is beyond stupid.

there was a quote in one of the dragonlace series books that said something like that, Tanis (half-elf warrior) challenges Dalamar (arch-mage) to a duel, Dalamar smiles and answer something like that : ok, you challenge me, i accept, you attack me i kill you, what's the heroism in that?.

In DnD world that's the pure truth, and should be, there is no balance nor should be, even in 4th ed DnD, there are classes who are really powerful in melee 1vs1 others in ranged, others in CC... that's what this game is about, teamplay!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    I bet monarrch armor protection is so low

not about armor.its about geting hit by the easiest skill to avoid ingame.lashing blades.and not only that.he says he got 1 shoted 3 times.imagine how many times he got the lb and didnt die.how many lb he ate on the face!!
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lukyan2 wrote: »
    In like 1 mounth if the crypt dont fix the rogues skills to balance pvp Im out of this game and I want my money refund back.Me and my friends are leaving this game to another mmo if no solution is applyed.

bye
    money won`t be refunded, so forget that part ;p
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    i never understood why people play PvP in games like this one, at least play premades vs premades, and do it to show coordination and teamwork, 1 vs 1 in Fantasy games makes absolutely no sense... if you really wanna show skill 1 vs 1, play starcraft or first person shooters, bragging or whining about the pvp balance of a game GROUP balanced is beyond stupid.

there was a quote in one of the dragonlace series books that said something like that, Tanis (half-elf warrior) challenges Dalamar (arch-mage) to a duel, Dalamar smiles and answer something like that : ok, you challenge me, i accept, you attack me i kill you, what's the heroism in that?.

In DnD world that's the pure truth, and should be, there is no balance nor should be, even in 4th ed DnD, there are classes who are really powerful in melee 1vs1 others in ranged, others in CC... that's what this game is about, teamplay!

Yeah well, this isn't dragonlance or whatever book you read, this is an actual game. It is a fair request that people want some sort of balance. If it was like your beloved book, everyone would play a wizard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cubansyrus wrote: »
    [/COLOR]

so sucking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> has any thing to do with the game, or was that a 10 year old moment you just had there.

It has a lot to do with the game because Cryptic allows it. All these whiners go up against a person that is much better geared and cries about it and Cryptic gives in to their crying by nerfing. So obviously, since they suck <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and cry OP when they have no idea what they are talking about, it has everything to do with the game.
  • Options
    awaveawave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    cubansyrus wrote: »
    so sucking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> has any thing to do with the game, or was that a 10 year old moment you just had there.

I think he must be confused about another game. Sucking dicks aren't part of this game unless he made a foundry quest especially for that. What? Did he really?? Oh My!
  • Options
    synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tene's were ninja nerfed. Next topic.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    synozeer wrote: »
    Tene's were ninja nerfed. Next topic.

Really? I'm at work so I can't check for myself. Is there a thread where this is discussed?
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really? I'm at work so I can't check for myself. Is there a thread where this is discussed?

No one has mentioned it which is surprising. It has a 20 second internal cooldown now, although every so often it procs sooner than that.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    synozeer wrote: »
    No one has mentioned it which is surprising. It has a 20 second internal cooldown now, although every so often it procs sooner than that.

Woah, that's a crazy nerf. Look forward to testing it later.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys