test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just admit the BoP item changes are to protect PW profits, not for "unique" items

levelfivemagelevelfivemage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
at least tell the truth...thankfully I haven't spent a cent on this game cause I don't see myself sticking with it if these changes go through.
Post edited by levelfivemage on

Comments

• Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    just looked at thm and... thats <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... now u cant even have a chance to buy it or make any money endgame anymore - all the valuable loot is binded. People who made millions now will be dominating and new players ether have to pay mountains of cash for zen and AD or farm until guts spray out of the ears.

You cant even give extra piece of equipment you may get to a guildie or a friend now.
  • Options
    swoomustdienowswoomustdienow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    at least tell the truth...thankfully I haven't spent a cent on this game cause I don't see myself sticking with it if these changes go through.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, this is just such a blatant white flag towards exploiting dungeons. Instead of fixing the instances and trying to remove some of the millions upon millions (perhaps more if those other websites are to believed) of illegal astral and items floating around, they just kill the profit from dungeons in the future. I have zero problems with exploiting/exploiters getting the shaft, what I dislike is all the collateral damage this will probably cause.

The claim of 'unique' items is just stupid though.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    that screws both the already equipped players (why should they play pve at all if they got the gear already) and those who aint even 60 yet(cant buy the gear, cant make money and have to spend months grinding dungeons for some gear + they are all this time at a serious disadvantage in PVP compared to older players).
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

One could argue that these changes would reduce PW profits since people won't be so keen on exchanging zen for ad since you won't be able to buy the best gear for AD.
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It wouldn't have happened without for profit "farmers".. not gamers btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would guess that most of the people suggesting that this change has anything to do with profits for PW don't have an understanding of how the Zen and AD currencies work and how they interact.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ratrail wrote: »
    I would guess that most of the people suggesting that this change has anything to do with profits for PW don't have an understanding of how the Zen and AD currencies work and how they interact.

I rather think most of the people complaining about it are exactly the people that caused this change. How many threads have there been about the evils of the need people stealing things they clearly don't need but just need for profit and the other shenanigans done to keep the rewards for a few like dumping most of the party from the group. etc... And the same threads have all demanded that Bind on Pickup be implemented.

Hey it looks like the devs listened to what people asked for and implemented it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    brellobrello Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So now it just becomes a rush to stockpile epics, and then charge out the nose once the main AH flood has finished. One moment, while I go and pull all my auctions to repost at a later date for 10x the price.

EDIT
    The need issue could have easily been fixed by making a needed item BoP. Problem easily solved. Now they get a 1.6 gold instead of 1 million AD for a T2 helm.
  • Options
    lost1onelost1one Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a theory. I ran a few t1s last night and both t1 pieces I got are BOE. Mind you I already had better gear and I was the only gwf so I rolled greed. I won both items with greed and they are BOE. In one of the runs a ring dropped that a friend of mine wanted. It was only rare quality. We both needed trying to dbl the odds he got it. I got it but it was BOP. I am starting to think that if you roll need on an item it locks to your toon. Becoming BOP. If the item is a greed roll win. Than its BOE. Making it so there is no point in trying to ninja gear. If you need it for an upgrade then roll need and be stuck with it and unable to sell. If you would like to sell it than roll greed and the item should be BOE. Its only a theory from what I saw last night. I'm going to test it further today after work. If true though. Then it destroys nothing. If you want to sell it then greed and if someone happens to need it as an upgrade need.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I rather think most of the people complaining about it are exactly the people that caused this change. How many threads have there been about the evils of the need people stealing things they clearly don't need but just need for profit and the other shenanigans done to keep the rewards for a few like dumping most of the party from the group. etc... And the same threads have all demanded that Bind on Pickup be implemented.

Hey it looks like the devs listened to what people asked for and implemented it.

yep ,so much ppl complained on BoE gear and they were even call it p2w so they will be happy now at least ,there was so much threads whit make BoE gear in BoP gear,ppl who spend $ can get bets gear in mins
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    while it may seem that it reduces their profits - it really does not.
    Besides gear there is alot more for sale at AH. assets, materials, runes and stones, mounts, companions, keys etc - alot of it costs quite alot of AD.
    Now with new people having no real way to make AD without zen (since you cant sell thsoe unique items anymore) - the only few sources are AD selling sites(out of which many actually may be owned by pw) and zen exhange or sellign zen items.

They would never go for a patch that reduces profits - if u have ever played any of their games, they go more cash heavy over time as game goes on and sales decrease to make most out of the game before it dies.
  • Options
    blaumkerblaumker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013

The "need" button for class only was implemented...what? Three days ago? At the very least, the pont you are using(and it's not a bad one, don't get me wrong) could stand to be time tested for significantly longer than this to see if it was enough to fix the ninja loot problem before proceeding to something drastic enough to hammer the economy at its core.

A paradigm shift in character development strategy like this is far, far, FAR too late down the development cycle to be taking place.

EDIT: The notion that there is "plenty more" on the AH is just plain incorrect. The other items noted are primarily compliments to gear(enchants and by extension, wards)--if you can't or won't be getting the gear, they may technically exist but may as well not. Those that are not directly related to gear(mounts, companions, profession items) are no longer necessary because your character progression has stopped anyway. Gear is the primary economy driver, the other items are things that "fill time" or "add convenience" outside of your primary expenditure, and rapidly become unnecessary without the gear.
  • Options
    vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So you are done with the game if you can't continue to "need" on loot that you technically don't need? That is the impression that I get from all the whine associated with items going BoP. Items like rings and amulets and non set items will most likely still be BoE, the main reason I see to implement a change on items is to prevent ninjas from taking set items from other players that can actually use the item.

Yes I know that technically if you had 2 CW's in your group that one could need an item that they don't need. But no system is perfect. The way they are going with set items becoming BoP is a step in the right direction. If you are bothered by a positive change like this than you are more likely ticked off because you can't need on items that you only want to sell. This is the way the game should have been in the first place in my opinion.

For all those that farmed till their eyes bled, well you will clearly be in a better spot for a while. But all things come to an end and things will balance out much better in the long run with this system in place.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vikoon wrote: »

For all those that farmed till their eyes bled, well you will clearly be in a better spot for a while. But all things come to an end and things will balance out much better in the long run with this system in place.

As long as they never gate pve instances with pvp content....oops.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    the main issue is that those who already got gear got no reason to farm anymore and therefor play and new who are just getting to 60 are cut away from any decent content due to lack of gear (drop rates ARE baaaad) - and at a serious disadvantage in pvp.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    the main issue is that those who already got gear got no reason to farm anymore and therefor play and new who are just getting to 60 are cut away from any decent content due to lack of gear (drop rates ARE baaaad) - and at a serious disadvantage in pvp.

Nah, the best pvp gear is not from dungeons :P
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    qinnux wrote: »

Pretty much this. When you run a dungeon 20 times just to get the gear for your toon then why would you run it later? I can farm 1.6 gold far faster than going in a dungeon. With a need only for class I have a guaranteed payout except now it is BOP meaning after I get BiS I will have zero reason to go back. Greed roll is RNG and as such you can see a 5 run streak where you win NOTHING. Sounds like fun ehh?
  • Options
    planartardsplanartards Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    Doesn't matter if it's partially for profit or not, good loot is suppose to be BoP. MMO newbs :rolleyes:
    Join responsible gamers and boycott the Xbox One
    Don't be a fool, Open Beta with working cash shop=Live Release
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    yeah but there are casual players who dont focus on purely pvp based gear builds - you could still do "ok" with thsoe unique sets.

BoP for good loot is ok if there wouldnt be 1000+ players with full sets already - its not unique anymore. Keep it BoE and actually ADD new armors - and make sure that the system checks if the person has the armor already equipped, if so, he cant need on it (even if its hes class one).

Even greed wouldnt save the dungeon running - it would still be BOP on many of those epic loots.
  • Options
    wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here are 2 sollutions one of which u must go for if you read the forums and understand customer marketing, if u might wander what that is, here a helpfull link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marketing#Customer_orientation

The first sollution is the one u need to go for if you really want to change how the ZEN/AD/GEAR maret will work in the future, and when u want the WoW kind of Game where T-Gear is for ppl that do epics, and highest Tiers of gear are reserved to those that invest time in Raiding. I think its the worse one but i still present it, if your gole is really to achive what u wrote on Forums.

The second sollution is the one u need to go for if you want things to stay like they are but to adress the big issue of ninja. Allowing BOE BiS gear to remain part of the game where pople who cant invest so much time, still want to bounce with the best Gear.

1. solution: Items become bop when got with a need roll - nobody will make an *** out off himself for 1.6g Only BiS items
    class roll restickted.

2. solution: a) Party Leader can activate option "Moneyrun" and all ppl in group must approve.all blue/purple/mats etc.
    are rolled automaticly among all. All items BoE
    b) for the queu, ppl must activate "Moneyrun" symbol if they want to join a team with autoroll need-all BoE
    c)If none of the above happens.Classroll restriction and BoP on BiS items.regular rolls on the "trash" purples and blues.
    d) comfort feature: mats/enchas/runes an all the other goodies EVERYBODY needs on anyway in this game are also
    auto-needed by all.

My advice: I would go for the second one. You dont have the conntent od Wow, to keep ppl want to do Dungeons even though they goot good gear. U might take a honest look on your Dungeon desingn,if you want to change that, it. has been adressed on this forums quite a lot. Running Dungeons is quite costly aswell, even if you dont wipe and dont get the counter value in AD. With time, hardcore-player base will decrese because of that. Than Casuals and ZEN buyers will leave aswell eventually, if there are no expirienced players, that "show them around and make them want more" - in the long perspective.
    +
    The amount of "babytalk" in dungeons and forums SIMPLY MUST remind you why you bought the D&D licence in first place: To adress all the " 80's geeks" who are working professionals now. In their hearts they never will accept that some 14 years old "punk" has better gear just because he has the time, and rightfully so! :)
    PPL CAN ONLY BUY SO MUCH MOUNTS AND BAGS! IT WANT KEEP U ALIVE! This solution gives incentive to spent ZEN to buy AD! for ppl with money>time in return ppl with time>money, will have somebody to sell their AD too, and also afford some ZEN goodies. This way u adress both target groups.

If you follow my advice, result for you is $$$$$$MOA MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    MOA FUN for the players in your Game,which i really enjoy even after DC nerf.
    Pls dont think im an idiot couse i have dyslexia and am to lazy for spell check.
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And before players was saying,

BoE items encourage people to buy zen to then get all their gear without effort, PW will always think about their profit, true, but this change was requested by players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Anyone else find it hilarious that this crippling change to how the community farmed AD comes right after Zen prices drop in cash shop?

What a coincidence!
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The irony is that most of the people complaining are doing so because this will screw up their in game profits.
  • Options
    soth007soth007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    saedeith wrote: »
    The irony is that most of the people complaining are doing so because this will screw up their in game profits.

Once you have maxed your level and gear, what motivation is there to run end-game dungeons if you can't sell the loot? I forsee PvE focused players quitting in droves since there will be no reason for them to do dungeons anymore. Basically removing the end-game for PvE players.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How exactly is removing an incentive for people to buy AD with Zen protecting their profits?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Of course that's why we're complaining. Without selling epic gear on AH, how are we possibly supposed to afford anything? If the only way to get an epic mount or an expensive companion is to pay for it, then there shouldn't be an AD/Zen conversion system at all. At this point it just exists so that a disingenuous tag-line of "everything can be bought with in game currency!" can be dropped in interviews. I'm remaining optimistic though that there will be something released to enable meaningful AD gains in the future.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    soth007 wrote: »
    Once you have maxed your level and gear, what motivation is there to run end-game dungeons if you can't sell the loot? I forsee PvE focused players quitting in droves since there will be no reason for them to do dungeons anymore. Basically removing the end-game for PvE players.

I know I'm in the minority but I just don't get the grind to be rich mentality in games. I see it in every mmo and quite frankly, that would burn me out quicker than max gearing a character and rolling an alt and doing it all again.

There will be plenty to sell on the AH and will drive up the price on lower tiered gear so there is that. Plus a new Dungeon/Raid coming in a few days with new gear to grind and the expansion this summer.

Once again I may be in the minority but it just isn't all doom and gloom.
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know I'm in the minority but I just don't get the grind to be rich mentality in games. I see it in every mmo and quite frankly, that would burn me out quicker than max gearing a character and rolling an alt and doing it all again.

There will be plenty to sell on the AH and will drive up the price on lower tiered gear so there is that. Plus a new Dungeon/Raid coming in a few days with new gear to grind and the expansion this summer.

Once again I may be in the minority but it just isn't all doom and gloom.

The gear in the new "dungeon", is the same gear we already have. And btw, it is nothing close to a "Raid". It's live on the Preview server, go check it out before offering uninformed opinions.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I know I'm in the minority but I just don't get the grind to be rich mentality in games.

Because the amount of money you have directly correlates to how good your equipment is, how effective your mount/companions are, how individualistic your "toon" is, how long you can survive bosses, etc. Your level of in-game wealth is tied directly into the gameplay and enjoyment you experience from the product. That's why it's a big deal to certain people. When someone looks cooler, has a faster mount in PvP, can afford enchantments that grant insane boosts, can afford higher-quality healing items, stat-boosting companions, etc.; then you want what he has. It's natural. And a good thing for the game.
  • Options
    mullersmutt2mullersmutt2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    Of course that's why we're complaining. Without selling epic gear on AH, how are we possibly supposed to afford anything? If the only way to get an epic mount or an expensive companion is to pay for it, then there shouldn't be an AD/Zen conversion system at all. At this point it just exists so that a disingenuous tag-line of "everything can be bought with in game currency!" can be dropped in interviews. I'm remaining optimistic though that there will be something released to enable meaningful AD gains in the future.

This guy, right here, knows what he is talking about. Why WOULDN'T we be upset about how this affects a player's bottom line? Why else do you play a game than to get the best stuff to sell to others!? When a max level player gets all the best gear, and there is NO other reason to play endgame except to loot stuff to sell, and then they take that AWAY!?

Why play?