test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just admit the BoP item changes are to protect PW profits, not for "unique" items

13»

Comments

• etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes, I remember that as well. Isn't it a 150 minimum with a 500 maximum value?

Is there a max? I expect to see 650 if the mechancis allow it :P
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • levelfivemagelevelfivemage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    50 min/500 max

it's already gone from around 290 last night to 340...I hope it caps tonight.
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But with the bind on = less money from selling gear = the zen price for ad will drop... If there is less AD around, less and less will buy for 390/1z but at the same time the zen users want more AD for each zen they sell so it looks like market is going to get quite unstable.
    High prices, few buy.
  • kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    Seriously? You guys are idiots.

Items are all BoE -> People blame Cryptic/PW for being greedy and wanting everyone to sell zen for AD to be able to buy endgame items.

Items are being made BoP -> People blame Cryptic/PW for being greedy because... er... wait a minute, what?

If anything, they're going to lose money to this change. At least in the short term. They're doing it because it's good for the game and will preserve its longevity. When you can buy everything there is to have in a game, you get bored and lose interest quickly. This will only make them more money in the sense that the game will last longer. And isn't that a good thing for the players as well?

I mean... Jesus, get a grip people.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kindyre wrote: »

Items are all BoE -> People blame Cryptic/PW for being greedy and wanting everyone to sell zen for AD to be able to buy endgame items.

Items are being made BoP -> People blame Cryptic/PW for being greedy because... er... wait a minute, what?

If anything, they're going to lose money to this change. At least in the short term. They're doing it because it's good for the game and will preserve its longevity. When you can buy everything there is to have in a game, you get bored and lose interest quickly. This will only make them more money in the sense that the game will last longer. And isn't that a good thing for the players as well?

A position between those two points would make a lot of people happy.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited June 2013

It's so hard trying to not end up in a blind rage with dumb posts like this. If they were seriously making that much money off people just buying Zen and converting it to AD this change wouldn't be happening. It's happening because they are LOSING more money off the players taking their AD made from AH sales and buying $40 mounts/companions for nothing.

Any player that complains about being able to buy endgame items and it being too easy are the idiots here. No one is forcing you to buy the items, seriously who is stupid enough to buy $100 worth of zen(approx a million astral which is the cost of some of the better items on the AH right now) for 1 item?

It's not about making the game last longer, it's about making the player play longer to get their desired companions/mounts/clothing, or pay for it. Lets say you can't sell **** on the AH after this patch cause you can't afford the wards needed to make epic enchants that sell. At most you'll make 24k AD a day refining. So a rank 2 mount takes 30 days worth refining AD, rank 3 takes approx 83 days! Or wait I can just spend 20 bucks and have my mount right now...

Yeah this is really about making items "unique".
  • deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yes its true, i am so angrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy
    edited June 2013
    It's so hard trying to not end up in a blind rage with dumb posts like this. If they were seriously making that much money off people just buying Zen and converting it to AD this change wouldn't be happening. It's happening because they are LOSING more money off the players taking their AD made from AH sales and buying $40 mounts/companions for nothing.

There's one tiny problem with your theory here:

The AH doesn't make AD. In fact, it destroys some of it via the tax.

So no, they're not losing anything from AD changing hands (not "being made") through the AH. What difference does it make for their bottom line whether the AD is in your pocket or in the pocket of the guy who just bought your item on the AH? What difference does it make whether he exchanges that AD to get a mount/bag/whatever or you do?

Spoilers: None.
    edited June 2013
    There's one tiny problem with your theory here:

The AH doesn't make AD. In fact, it destroys some of it via the tax.

So no, they're not losing anything from AD changing hands (not "being made") through the AH. What difference does it make for their bottom line whether the AD is in your pocket or in the pocket of the guy who just bought your item on the AH? What difference does it make whether he exchanges that AD to get a mount/bag/whatever or you do?

Spoilers: None.
    It's about controlling the flow of AD and the fact that so many players don't have to spend ANYTHING to acquire items from the Zen store. I'm proof of how you can get approx $50 worth of zen store items in about one month of playing. That's too fast so they need to find a way to limit how fast we can gain AD(and in turn Zen if you're willing to play the market which they control and influence) so people either get frustrated and quit or just bite the bullet and pay money to get that fancy mount or companion.

They don't lose money directly from AH sales but you can be **** sure the exploits, mass amounts of AD in the market currently, low zen exchange has a pretty big impact on if people buy zen or not. This is a fix to prevent players obtaining items PW wants to sell for 40-50 bucks in an hour's worth of play.
  • lordofrazingfirelordofrazingfire Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    brello wrote: »
    So now it just becomes a rush to stockpile epics, and then charge out the nose once the main AH flood has finished. One moment, while I go and pull all my auctions to repost at a later date for 10x the price.

EDIT
    The need issue could have easily been fixed by making a needed item BoP. Problem easily solved. Now they get a 1.6 gold instead of 1 million AD for a T2 helm.
    EG. World of Warcraft. Need an item? Bound to you.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Fact is, a lot of people like to play the commerce part of the game, in addition to other aspects. Crafting is a chore and isn't really cost productive. Being able to sell loot attained in Dungeons is part of the game. After you are geared, what in the world is the point of bothering to do a Dungeon if everything is BoP? This is a horrible move on their part.
    edited June 2013
    It's about controlling the flow of AD and the fact that so many players don't have to spend ANYTHING to acquire items from the Zen store. I'm proof of how you can get approx $50 worth of zen store items in about one month of playing. That's too fast so they need to find a way to limit how fast we can gain AD(and in turn Zen if you're willing to play the market which they control and influence) so people either get frustrated and quit or just bite the bullet and pay money to get that fancy mount or companion.

They don't lose money directly from AH sales but you can be **** sure the exploits, mass amounts of AD in the market currently, low zen exchange has a pretty big impact on if people buy zen or not. This is a fix to prevent players obtaining items PW wants to sell for 40-50 bucks in an hour's worth of play.

That just makes no sense, man.

The entire thing is based on the assumption that they are selling Zen through the exchange. Because if it's players selling Zen, then it doesn't matter whether you got the 4000 Zen with AD or cash because someone did pay for it in cash. Someone, somewhere, paid $40 for the 4000 Zen mount you're riding... and PW/Cryptic have no reason to care who did.

So we have to assume it's not players but PW selling the Zen in the exchange for your theory to work. But if they're so concerned about you getting that mount without paying, why would they sell Zen in the exchange? At the very least, why would they sell it so cheaply? Why did it dip to 250 this week? Why is it only around 315 now? Why is there a 500 to 1 hard cap on it?

If anything, from a greedy perspective, it would only make sense for PW to buy Zen on the exchange, in order to force the exchange rate higher. Certainly not to sell it. And if they must sell it to maintain the image that it can be had without paying, then only at much higher exchange rates.

But we're not seeing that happening, so the way you're looking at it is simply not in concordance with reality.

And, again, no AD is gained from the AH. Only exchanged. You're looking at it from a much too narrow perspective. You're only considering the impact on you. How much AD is in your pocket. What you can buy. But PW has no reason to care about you, personally. They care about the big picture. And in the big picture, the AH is not a source of AD. In fact, it's an AD sink... the more transactions are made on the AH, the more AD is taken out of the system. Of course that doesn't really matter that much for Zen sales either, because less AD in the system simply means each diamond has more value. It doesn't actually change the sum total of value in the system, only what number is used to express said value. Deflation, in a nutshell.

The only way in which the AH affects Zen sales is this: The more desirable items are on the AH, the more incentive people have to buy Zen to sell in the exchange.

And from that perspective, BoP items can only hurt Zen sales. Because the more items are BoP, the less cool stuff you can buy on the AH. Which means less incentive to buy Zen for the purpose of exchanging it for AD. That's why so much was BoE in this game to begin with. It's extremely atypical for endgame gear in an MMO to be BoE. But they realized it's harming the longevity of the game too much and so they're changing it. Which is good for everyone in the long run... Took them long enough to realize it.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If this change goes in as proposed, there will be less incentive for me to spend money. I am fine with farming gear for one character, but doing it for all my alts is not what I enjoy, so I would normally exchange Zen for AD and buy the missing pieces from the AH. Without that option, I have less need for AD and, indirectly, am also less likely to buy Zen items for these characters. (For the same reason I never had well-geared alts in WoW, which then prevented me from switching my main class, which eventually led me to quit, among other reasons.)

So at least for myself, the OP's conclusion is not accurate.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • blaumkerblaumker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Cant deny others their class loot so you can sell it on the AH, which is more important than them upgrading their gear anymore eh?

Here's an idea. Want loot? Play the game.

The patch we just got forces need roll to be available only to classes that can use the equipment.
    The entire claim that there will no reason to sell anything on the Ah anymore is exaggerated hyperbole. One category of loot is affected. There will be plenty of stuff to use AD to buy on the AH.

No there isn't. Gear is affected, which means things that go with gear is affected(you're seriously going to drop a couple million on enchants for.....blues, PvP, or crafted gear?). You're going to buy dyes for the same? Buy a mount to PvP in that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> versus the guys in the dungeon gear? Buy a mount to do foundries to get greens and AD to buy dyes, enchants, mounts, and profession items(to get AD) for the gear you don't have?

Every category is affected in some way.
    I am glad that those who PLAY THE GAME are getting the first shot at the best loot over the wallet elite.

P.S. Ad Hominem is not a valid debate tactic.

Because wallet elite certainly isn't Ad Hominem, am I right?

Clue in. 1-5% drop rate for the item you actually want. 20-99 of what you don't will, statistically, drop before it. You can either sell those and buy the ones you want, or run the dungeons until it does. Why would anyone want to do that?

And, as I mentioned before, classes that can use items are the ones pushing the need button---you know, by your own definition, the guys who "play the game".
  • vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Respectfully, you sir are an idiot. If you're so worried about ninja's stealing items they don't need you must be smoking something much stronger then what I've got. Make some friends, it's pretty easy if you're not a complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and talk to people(especially with in game voice). This "fix" is nothing more then a kneejerk reaction to the good groups of players that found ways to make massive amounts of AD, converting it to Zen getting free $30-40 items. PW isn't seeing **** from this and they have to get their cut. The only thing worth selling after this will be enchants which cost a fair bit of zen(or you get **** lucky every 7 days) to produce which well sounds pretty malevolent but with the reputation of PW I can't come to any other conclusion.

So I am an idiot because people are needing on items that they don't need from people that helped earn said item from a dungeon? Nice personal attack there kid. I have to assume that you are a kid because your tainted view of what is acceptable is beyond comprehension. Keep smoking whatever garbage you are puffing on, maybe that made your pathetic argument viable in your own delusional mind. I do have friends that play the game, but our schedules don't always line up. So I PUG at times and the experience is mostly ok, but there are a lot of idiots out there needing on everything.

The "knee-jerk" reaction you are talking about is also funny. A very high percentage of these so called "good groups of players" are exploiting. People like you are just mad because the party is over. Greedy people are the saddest, they will never be satisfied and are the first to scream bloody murder when things don't go their way.
  • vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2013

At least somebody gets it!!!
  • annadruvezannadruvez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Respectfully, you sir are an idiot. If you're so worried about ninja's stealing items they don't need you must be smoking something much stronger then what I've got. Make some friends, it's pretty easy if you're not a complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and talk to people(especially with in game voice). This "fix" is nothing more then a kneejerk reaction to the good groups of players that found ways to make massive amounts of AD, converting it to Zen getting free $30-40 items. PW isn't seeing **** from this and they have to get their cut. The only thing worth selling after this will be enchants which cost a fair bit of zen(or you get **** lucky every 7 days) to produce which well sounds pretty malevolent but with the reputation of PW I can't come to any other conclusion.

Do you honestly think that Zen materialized from thin air? Someone bought the Zen and offered it for sale in order to get the AD. PW *does* see a profit from it. These people aren't getting $30-40 items for free.

To repeat: They're trading their AD for Zen that was bought with real life money. It doesn't matter who spends the Zen in the Zen Shop. PW still gets their cut.
    Pool of the Dead - NW-DLTS5X6TO - Duration: ~20 minutes - Daily Qualified

Fountain of Dread - NW-DACS7JITE - Duration: ~15minutes - BRAND NEW!