What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About this bind on pick up

Comments

• Options
    fallacy1fallacy1 Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    Well, that is purely speculation, but many people agree with you. I am among them. PWE is a scurrilous company that puts profit before players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join Us|Officer of The Noore|Nyan Cat
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yliana1 wrote: »
    Might be a bit overexagerating, but yes to some extent it is really going to be like that...

I don’t really want to run 100 times the same (boring) instance where my job is to knock of Mobs from the map, just to get the same reward at the end each run.. and then i can’t even sell it or what’s more my concern, give it to guild members/friends that might be missing the one item i keep getting each run, while they get one i would need and so on... (From the DD chest)

That might sound like i want everything without "working" for it...
    NO on the contrary, I’m all for making good gear hard to obtain, but if there is the chance i get 100 runs the same item and can barely do ANYTHING but sell it for 3-4k unrefined AD or a few silver to the vendor, then I don't approve of that change in the slightest, the cap on AD per day that way is 24k so it doesn't help me if I can make 30k a day or more that way, it’s just another way of getting the daily cap done.. *choose the numbers as you see fit, that's obviously just an example ^.^*

So meh, I don’t like this change, there have been made better suggestions in this Thread on how to handle loot, but also given reasons as to why it won’t happen (and for me 1 big reason is simply the AD conversion to ZEN, inflating the ZEN buy rate for real cash)
    If I can make +/- 1.000 ZEN by selling 1 purple Item why would i buy it for 10bucks.. if I CANT make 1k ZEN by selling stuff so easy anymore, I either buy ZEN or not have the "good things" from the Store anytime soon..

Seems pretty clear to me why this change is coming, makes sense from a business point of view too..

But this will diminish the chances for "casuals" to get gear, which in return is required to run content (GS only goes up with better gear/enchants afaik) ... And "hardcore" players will have little Motivation to run content once they have their gear..

But w/e as all other games and companies, if you don’t like the game/policy there is the door! If it comes to it, I’ll leave with a sad eye and a happy one, the sad one for a good looking game that went the road of greedy money grab, and a happy one for knowing there is plenty of other games out there that I can try out :p
    ^This.
    I'm a causal player at heart, I don't mind a 3 hour dungeon, but if it's going tor result in nothing worthwhile for anyone, I might as well not bother and stop playing, especially if I can't use the time I spent running the dungeon to make enough AD to buy the items I'm missing.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lets be honest, PvP gear needed fixing to BoC or at most BoA. Also items won on a need roll, and BiS items.
    Anythign else, I don't really mind.
  • Options
    tattooedangelstattooedangels Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This just takes the fun out of running dungeons. Guess they will have a good amount of players leave because of this stupid patch
  • Options
    kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a 60 all you have to do within game right now to kill time is dungeons/PvP/daily <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    So if dungeons become useless to those who are all ready geared...all we have is PvP which gets dull after a hour or so, and dailies.

Who ever came up with this idea should probably get fired right about now.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • Options
    skatinskatin Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe they should fix the gear so it actually works first, before changing it. Bugged/broken sets plague this game.
  • Options
    warkupozwarkupoz Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    As a 60 all you have to do within game right now to kill time is dungeons/PvP/daily <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    So if dungeons become useless to those who are all ready geared...all we have is PvP which gets dull after a hour or so, and dailies.

Who ever came up with this idea should probably get fired right about now.

'Cause MMO's *never* make new dungeons with better shinier <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for you to collect, amirite?
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OK here's my take on the whole thing. Since "Needing" on items your class can't use is disabled, and probably will be after the loot change, then if there is nobody of that class that can use it in a party then it binds to whoever got the highest "greed" roll, otherwise somebody who could actually use it got it. And even if that person's current gear is better than or equal to the drop the can still sell it to the salvage vendor for AD, or to any regular vendor for gold.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    onyxghost1onyxghost1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Pretty obvious why this change is coming..they just want people to buy from the zen market more instead of converting AD to zen.*sigh* I hope this doesn't go through because its a fact that a lot of people will lose interest in this game.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    "New Feature: Salvage!
    -Many of the Epic quality items in dungeons, seal vendors, and PvP stores have been updated to become Bind on Pickup instead of Bind on Equip. (Unbound items currently held by players will remain Bind on Equip.)

-There is a new Salvage Trader and station in the western corner of the Seven Suns Coster Market in Protector's Enclave. Purple quality gear may be salvaged for Rough Astral Diamonds.

Are they planning on adding a way to farm AD in this game or are they seriously expecting us to get by on these worthless dailies? I just don't get it. Every change they make seems to be in favor of crippling the player's ability to earn AD.

And they have the audacity to proclaim this as a "new feature" as if it actually adds anything positive to the game. Yay, now you can sell equipment for less AD than you would have gotten originally by selling through AH, and it's in "rough" form! What a feature!
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    warkupoz wrote: »
    'Cause MMO's *never* make new dungeons with better shinier <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for you to collect, amirite?

I don't see new gear being released, do you?
    New 20v20, that leads to the same old gear we have now, so no real point running it.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • Options
    leinahtanwcleinahtanwc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    savaikun wrote: »
    Sorry, but maybe you should earn your gear like everyone else has to in every other MMO I've ever played. The current BOE system is ridiculous anyway. This way people who have 500000$ extra to spend on AD, they don't 'become elite' within minutes because all they had to do was BUY their gear. Think about it. They are making the game LESS pay to win, in some concept.

I'm all for the changes!

Savai,

You know... I think they should read this comment because it really outlines what will happen... and not go through with it.

They are basically shutting down a source of revenue with this change and you laid it out perfectly. Without it, the people who are playing for free will be unable to acquire gear to sell to players, and without AD/Zen, they will quit. Now, the people who pay will have Zen to spend, but will also find themselves unable to spend it on anything they want, and will likely not buy anymore zen.

From a Free-to-Play perspective, this change is basically removing PWI indirect way of profiting off people's farming gear...
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I find all these threads funny for weeks people have been posting about how they want gear BOP and now they don't.
    I haven't run many dungeons yet I am trying to level my GWF she is getting there but I am working on the PVP armor as my first set.

I can understand the fluster if the Need button did indeed disable if your class can't use, so therefore you greed and it probably shouldn't BoP but at the same time I don't mind this either as long as the salvage thing gives at least 3K-5K Rough AD

I won't be running dungeons with the mindset of I need things to sell on AH anyways I will run with guildies/friends or even PUGs for the fun of running them if you are running content as something purely economic then you are looking at the game wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    This is kinda sucky for casual players.

Well, obviously Cryptic/PWE doesn't want casual players or their $$$. Fortunately there are some other MMORPGs out there that are more casual-friendly. A shame, really .. I had hoped that NW would fall into that category, but it seems they are more interested in the "l33t" crowd.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Sorry, but maybe you should earn your gear like everyone else has to in every other MMO I've ever played. The current BOE system is ridiculous anyway. This way people who have 500000$ extra to spend on AD, they don't 'become elite' within minutes because all they had to do was BUY their gear. Think about it. They are making the game LESS pay to win, in some concept.

I'm all for the changes!

Savai,
    So, you're just mad that people with jobs that give them enough extra money can just buy their gear due to the fact they can only play a little?
    The only thing that needed to be bind on pickup were PvP gear and Needed items.
  • Options
    marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited June 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Well, obviously Cryptic/PWE doesn't want casual players or their $$$. Fortunately there are some other MMORPGs out there that are more casual-friendly. A shame, really .. I had hoped that NW would fall into that category, but it seems they are more interested in the "l33t" crowd.

^ from what i have seen in the forum's most the smart asses and people who just defend every aspect of the game are the founders, and funny how they have the most forum post tottals, its like there forever searching the forums and talking down on people simple to justifie them buying the founders pack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    marlz wrote: »
    ^ from what i have seen in the forum's most the smart asses and people who just defend every aspect of the game are the founders, and funny how they have the most forum post totals, its like there forever searching the forums and talking down on people simply to justify their buying of the founders pack.

Hey, I take offense at that. I'm certainly not pro PWE or Cryptic and I think this is a ludicrous move that will drive a large portion of the player-base away from NWO.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    macwomblemacwomble Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    This is the dilemma I don't understand - if they start making the most desirable gear BoP, then the supply will dry up, and people won't be able to buy good gear off of others. Yes, you could get the gear by running the dungeons over and over again until the RNG god smiles upon you, but your casual player simply doesn't have that much time and is probably not patient enough to keep doing it, either.

Making it BoP for Need rolls, and keep it BoE for Greed rolls, I can at least understand...

Folks seem to be ignoring the quality of the lvl 60 gear you can make and still sell on AH. apart from lacking the set bonus it's more than enough to run epic dungeons to farm your own epic sets.
  • Options
    marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Hey, I take offense at that. I'm certainly not pro PWE or Cryptic and I think this is a ludicrous move that will drive a large portion of the player-base away from NWO.

My statement doesn't apply to people such as yourself who make proper sentences and use some form of actual logic or think things into consideration, I was more refering to the one's with half baked non witty statements such as

"cool story bro"
    "Learn to play"
    "this doesn't effect me, so no"
    and so on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Pretty obvious why this change is coming..they just want people to buy from the zen market more instead of converting AD to zen.*sigh* I hope this doesn't go through because its a fact that a lot of people will lose interest in this game.

I'm willing to bet that most people who buy Zen convert it to Astral Diamonds so they CAN BUY STUFF FROM THE AUCTION HOUSE!

I don't think very many people actually buy zen to use in the cash shop. There's just not that much in the cash shop that people really need or want. What they do need and want is the stuff in the AH.

Take that away and this is what I see happening; Astral Diamonds will become massively de-valued. You will still earn enough AD from crafting and so on to meet your in-game needs, but there will be nothing to buy in the AH so there'll be no incentive to get more.

People who previously bought Zen to sell for AD will have nothing to spend their AD on, so why would they bother to buy zen? Yes, this change will increase actual sales in the cash shop. Because if you want that bag or mount now you'll have to pay real money for it.

But how many bags, mounts.....whatever's will people actually buy? It seems to me that the people buying Zen to sell to other players for AD was a much more profitable venture. This change will kill that market.
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    alaric63 wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of gear being elitist. The more players that have good gear, the more likely you are to find people to run with. Gear Score won;t be the judge of you if everyone is geared out.

Bind on Pickup for Needs, no needing on items you can't equip, Bind on Equip for winners with Greed rolls. I have not heard a better suggestion on the topic yet.

This is the only way BoP is even a good idea. The salavage proposed would be a good way to recycle downgrades.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    See, it would seem that this change is to "Force" the value of the AD down, so instead of paying 500k for a T2 Chest, you might only pay 60k or so...

Except their in-store prices directly contradict this. It's like 1mil+ for a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> piece of blue gear...

The only way I see this change not outright killing the game, is if the cap on how many Rough Diamonds you can convert each day is drastically increased, or outright removed.

Neutering people's ability to earn AD down to 24k/day, and then still expecting them to pay ludicrously huge prices for NPC-based purchases... It's just illogical, unless the aim is to make as much money as you can, as fast as you can, before scrapping the game.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The next logical step for Cryptic after this changes goes in is to add Companion upgrades, epic augment companions, and a new mount tier to the cash shop.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I find all these threads funny for weeks people have been posting about how they want gear BOP and now they don't.
    I haven't run many dungeons yet I am trying to level my GWF she is getting there but I am working on the PVP armor as my first set.

I can understand the fluster if the Need button did indeed disable if your class can't use, so therefore you greed and it probably shouldn't BoP but at the same time I don't mind this either as long as the salvage thing gives at least 3K-5K Rough AD

I won't be running dungeons with the mindset of I need things to sell on AH anyways I will run with guildies/friends or even PUGs for the fun of running them if you are running content as something purely economic then you are looking at the game wrong.

I never saw these forums filled with people whining to get Bind on Pickup implemented. You're just making sh*t up. You're also not even 60 yet, nor have you run Epic dungeons at all, so your opinion is meaningless.

People whined that their loot was being ninja'd by classes that can't use their gear. Even then, I thought the whining was dumb because everyone should have equal chance at the loot drops because they all spent time and effort in the dungeon. Just because your class' loot dropped doesn't automatically give you the right to the loot, but Cryptic listened to all the whining and implemented the Need only if it's your class rule.

This new BoP idea of theirs is going to kill the game. Simple as that. They're doing it just so that they can get some more rich people to buy Zen and convert it into AD before the market goes dry. After that, the game will slowly but surely die because nobody will want to keep playing and run dungeons everyday once they get the gear they want.

Many people have already mentioned it, but the best system for loot in Neverwinter is Need = BoP / Greed = BoE. You think Cryptic hasn't already thought of that idea? Of course they have but won't do it because it won't line their pocket full of $$$.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

I'm all for the changes!

Savai,

Yes because allowing people who have real $ money to spend on Ad to buy the gear off the Ah was such a horrible idea? Instead lets make a select Few who have the time to run dungeons over and over and over get the gear and hold that over the players heads who don't have the time. It's a failed design, changing boe into bop for a select few players to farm gear why the rest of the players unable to devote that much time to the game get left out.

I'm sure this is going to go wonders for Cryptics sales in a game already riddled with lots of issues.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet that most people who buy Zen convert it to Astral Diamonds so they CAN BUY STUFF FROM THE AUCTION HOUSE!

I don't think very many people actually buy zen to use in the cash shop. There's just not that much in the cash shop that people really need or want. What they do need and want is the stuff in the AH.

Take that away and this is what I see happening; Astral Diamonds will become massively de-valued. You will still earn enough AD from crafting and so on to meet your in-game needs, but there will be nothing to buy in the AH so there'll be no incentive to get more.

People who previously bought Zen to sell for AD will have nothing to spend their AD on, so why would they bother to buy zen? Yes, this change will increase actual sales in the cash shop. Because if you want that bag or mount now you'll have to pay real money for it.

But how many bags, mounts.....whatever's will people actually buy? It seems to me that the people buying Zen to sell to other players for AD was a much more profitable venture. This change will kill that market.

That's the bigger issue if players have nothing ingame to use their ad on then why would anyone hit up the zen store to buy zen to transfer into ad? Right now, I would bet there are way more people using the Zen store to buy Zen so they can change that in to Ad to be used on the Ah for gear upgrades then there are players using the Zen store for anything else.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    farcursefarcurse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    reply to the bind on pick up idea
    *Facepalm*
    enough said
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This game doesn't offer enough content once you reach level 60, at least with boe items it gave players a way around farming endless dungeons for gear. It Gave ALL players this choice, whereas once Bop is implemented it gives a select few who (have the time) a means of progression and for the rest your **** out of luck.

I get to hold it over the players virtual worlds head that I have the gear and you don't. Neener, Neener, Neener. That's the mentality this change ushers in.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BOP is a great idea. Want loot? Go get it. The entire idea is to PLAY THE GAME.

The AH wont die off and AS wont become worthless. There's plenty of stuff to use AD on.

Id rather the players who play the game have first shot at the best loot over the wallet elite.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    Yes because allowing people who have real $ money to spend on Ad to buy the gear off the Ah was such a horrible idea? Instead lets make a select Few who have the time to run dungeons over and over and over get the gear and hold that over the players heads who don't have the time. It's a failed design, changing boe into bop for a select few players to farm gear why the rest of the players unable to devote that much time to the game get left out.

I'm sure this is going to go wonders for Cryptics sales in a game already riddled with lots of issues.

Yes it will. Instead of buying it off the AH with AS, they will buy it from the store for Zen.