test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About this bind on pick up

13»

Comments

• warkupozwarkupoz Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    I don't see new gear being released, do you?
    New 20v20, that leads to the same old gear we have now, so no real point running it.

Yeah no, you're right. The game is done developing because I don't have the development team's playbook in my lap. Everyone go home.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dartakx wrote: »
    Effectively,
    If item are BoP you won't be able to sell it for AD on the AH. But you won't need AD to buy gear, because others wont be able to sell gear because it's BoP.

You will just need a stupid amount of ad to remove enchants, if you desire, when they bring better gear out. Fully enchanted gear, new gear comes out, start upgrading. Months down the road, you will have your gear finally enchanted with your old enchants. Of course, you could just throw the old gear out, buy a ton of wards, and enchant the new stuff, with enchants you bought or farmed. That would be a lot of ad itself. As long as Cryptic makes more money from wards, it's cool.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    I still think the best all around option would be.

NEED / Binds on Pickup, it does after all mean you needed it.
    GREED / Bind on Equip, allowing items to be sold on AH.
    PASS / As normal you do not roll.

The NEED-BoP would all players on the run to loot items they needed and help with loot hores from NEED Rolling the item away as they would be unable to see on the AH and it becomes vendor trash. If no one rolls NEED and everyong rolls GREED then the winner would be able to sell the item (even if it is not their class item) on the AH for AD.

THIS 100 % or even more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burninnateburninnate Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet that most people who buy Zen convert it to Astral Diamonds so they CAN BUY STUFF FROM THE AUCTION HOUSE!

I don't think very many people actually buy zen to use in the cash shop. There's just not that much in the cash shop that people really need or want. What they do need and want is the stuff in the AH.

Take that away and this is what I see happening; Astral Diamonds will become massively de-valued. You will still earn enough AD from crafting and so on to meet your in-game needs, but there will be nothing to buy in the AH so there'll be no incentive to get more.

People who previously bought Zen to sell for AD will have nothing to spend their AD on, so why would they bother to buy zen? Yes, this change will increase actual sales in the cash shop. Because if you want that bag or mount now you'll have to pay real money for it.

But how many bags, mounts.....whatever's will people actually buy? It seems to me that the people buying Zen to sell to other players for AD was a much more profitable venture. This change will kill that market.

I agree 100%.
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hear if you pick-up armor or weapon it binds, so I wont be able to sell armor or weapon at the ah. If I have already that armor or weapon that I picked up from drop ?, if that is so then how am I going to get more ad than I can. Taking away the need on armor and weapon you dont need ( red armor-weapon) was good, but binding on pick-up is stupid.

P.S Dont do this it will make people leave.

TL;DR

I think this change makes sense.

If I pickup a guy at a bar, it is only right, by the laws of god and man, that he is bound to me.

fin.
  • chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No, its currently not going to be implemented. until further notice. so don't worry, there will be NO BoP.
  • emiller8282emiller8282 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    BOP is a great idea. Want loot? Go get it. The entire idea is to PLAY THE GAME.

The AH wont die off and AS wont become worthless. There's plenty of stuff to use AD on.

Id rather the players who play the game have first shot at the best loot over the wallet elite.

Agree
    people lose track of why the hell they are playing.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    They need to remove binding on gear PERIOD.

The only BoP gear should be legendary and should require you to earn it.

I have a lot of older gear with odds and ends enchants on it.

If I could post it on the AH then someone somewhere could use it.

If crafting required materials you could only get from gear....

Bah...most of you folks don't remember old days and someone will rage over my idea.

Even though it is not my idea but was a fact of life in older games. Especially muds.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If BoP ever does go in, enchant removal costs need to be cut by ~80%.

Do you really want to earn ~350k+ from leadership and dailies?
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited July 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    If BoP ever does go in, enchant removal costs need to be cut by ~80%.

Do you really want to earn ~350k+ from leadership and dailies?

true. I think you should just put enchant over other one and rune is lost, or if want rune destroy the weapon to remove it, or cost diamonds.
    edited July 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    they need to remove binding on gear period.

The only bop gear should be legendary and should require you to earn it.

I have a lot of older gear with odds and ends enchants on it.

If i could post it on the ah then someone somewhere could use it.

If crafting required materials you could only get from gear....

Bah...most of you folks don't remember old days and someone will rage over my idea.

Even though it is not my idea but was a fact of life in older games. Especially muds.

eq ftw!!!!