Regen Tank/Healer: Gear choices and build

13»

Comments

• Options
    ryusai2ryusai2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    why does it sais updated? This is outdated by a month
  • Options
    unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ryusai2 wrote: »
    why does it sais updated? This is outdated by a month

I don't know, maybe it means they finally added it to the list. It wasn't on the master class build list for a very long time.

You are right though that this is slightly out of date. Real life is keeping me from playing/testing things right now so I have no opinion on the patch changes. Although the main purpose of this was to point out the value of regen as a stat. I feel that is still relevant although whether regen is needed is another matter entirely and one I don't have an answer to right now.
  • Options
    mrszoemrszoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks in any way for this wonderfull guide. I had been playing your build 2.0 since in started and I'm very happy with it.

Now I'm looking for some possible improvement with the patch and I wondered if you may update this build.

Unfortunately I read, that your real life is keeping you busy, but I'm still hoping for an "update" :)
  • Options
    nugelhoffnugelhoff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey thanks for the great build ideas and for sharing the detailed thought process behind your choices in the vids. I like understanding why you did something, not just copying what you did. I've been using your previous guide since I started with tremendous success and this will just improve what I am doing. Again thanks a ton for sharing and I hope to hear more from you as the game goes live.
  • Options
    xolaniaraxolaniara Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you. Emmrald is now playable and enjoyable, even after the patch. Wonderful build! Clear instructions. Bravo!!
    Ask me about oNWN....we remember it well
    Xolaniara d'Lylyl of ToL,
    Emmrald Glanderlin-Hammersmith of Clan Axepeak,
    Kiko Hibou d'Hiver of PoN,
    Sparxy FyreSpryte }x{ - also of PoN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know you haven't been testing since the nerfs of Cleric but I'd like your opinion on something.

Going off of the Linked Spirit is Godly you think it's viable or still, not really?
  • Options
    vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone know if unspecified is quitting too?
  • Options
    hamjihamji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just spent about 40,000AD on some blue's with defence and regeneration because I was bored and no doubt about it, they are ten times better than the full set of epics I was wearing, absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Whats your gearscore with them on? Is it still enough to get into everything?
  • Options
    f0t0s1nt3s1sf0t0s1nt3s1s Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hamji wrote: »
    I just spent about 40,000AD on some blue's with defence and regeneration because I was bored and no doubt about it, they are ten times better than the full set of epics I was wearing, absolutely ridiculous.

10 times better than a full set of epic item???
    mind to tell with us ur item?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sure, I had Sacred Hand Head, Chest, Arms, Feet, Symbol and Icon with Ancient Neck and Rings.

Swapped it all out for Blue Exemplar's of Youth stuff. Roughly 500-600 defence and 200-300 Regen a piece popped in Rank 5 Radiants in all the defence slots and left the offense and Utility slots empty.

I couldn't get an Ammie, found one for 400 bid and 50,000 buyout so I put a bid on it and bought out an 8,000 Hrimnir ammie for the time being also I couldn't get Gloves or Icon at all so I will keep looking. Stoked I picked up an Exemplar's Symbol of Youth though.

Perhaps with mailsmithing I may even find some Epic Exemplar's of Youth gear but I don't know if it is possible.

With no pet I had over 11% regen, 36% damage mitigation, 43% action point gain, 41% Recharge Speed(Examplar's of Youth also come with some Recovery), 18% crit and 26.5k Health.

I went to Whispering Caverns and literrally aggro'd the entire place and let them beat on me, sure killing them was a little slower but I never died once so over-all killing was faster and a LOT cheaper because usually I do campfire runs once every 3-4 pulls and cough up for first aids kits and potions.

With the Cat, the rest of the pieces I couldn't find and some higher rank enchantments I have no doubt I could hit 20% Regen easily and would become unkillable. I will then spec for +%Max Health heals at every turn(not that there are many options in that regard) and enjoy easy mode for a while.

Of course I will need to carry the pathetic epics around in my bag just so I can have a high enough gear score to actually get into dungeons but I'd need to be insane not to switch it all out for the blues once inside.

edit:I just did a Dungeon run and was invincible, the same can not be said for the rest of the party but hey, that's not my problem that's something for the Dev's to fix. I ran with Sun Burst, Astral Shield and feated Prophecy of Doom which gave out 1k heals each time it expired. For party heals, they got Astral Seal, 1K Sun Burst, the 1k PoD heals and that's about it since Astral Shield was only giving me 200 Hit Points per tick. It was supercool just standing in red stuff all the way through.

At one stage I was seperated from the rest of the party while going for a chest and successfully solo'd two packs which is not something I could have ever done before. When I say solo'd I mean I just stood there completely surrounded facetanking everything and not even bothering to avoid the red stuff.
  • Options
    modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    10% regen would be 5% of your total HP at 50% and lower health. It's quit simple.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    but 20% which is totally achievable can bring in around 2800 hitpoints every 3 seconds with a good base roll and +2 con(dwarf) while still being able to add to it with actual heals.

It may not seem like much on paper when you consider enemy dps but once you factor in the flow of battle it becomes quite powerful. A simple thing like dodging twice and kiting a little while putting a Healing Word on SOMBODY ELSE will see you back up to 3/4 health no sweat....for the record I have done T2 with the Exemplar's of Youth stuff and it was a breeze, I tend not too though because people get funny about gear score.
  • Options
    pufypufy Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Il roll a Human with this build

what about status ?

18+2 Str
    10 intelligence

10 const
    16 wisdom

10 dex
    12 Charisma

Is this a good stat build ?
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What is the purpose of this build? The role of a cleric is not to tank but to buff the group. Any guardian fighter with reg build will perform much better.

I rather have zero regeneration then gimped healing. It do also not realy help, because regardless how many regeneration you have, you won't complete any T2 dungeon if your group dies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shienarashienara Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That build was made before the "Fix-Aggro-Patch" where Cleric had nearly all aggro and was the tank. (Somehow I am missing the aggro, its a little bit boring now)
    Beside that Regeneration works very well in PvP.
  • Options
    nodozeno2nodozeno2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    shienara wrote: »
    That build was made before the "Fix-Aggro-Patch" where Cleric had nearly all aggro and was the tank. (Somehow I am missing the aggro, its a little bit boring now)
    Beside that Regeneration works very well in PvP.
    This... In the past unless someone used a hard taunt on your mobs you were stuck with them as a Cleric... Basically you got all the adds pretty much no matter what you did...