test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'm done with pushing stuff off ledges. /quit

arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Library
I'm done with my CW. You didn't wanna improve the CW class in this patch from just being a "Push mobs off ledge" class, well that's it! I'm done. I'm not doing dungeons on her ever again. I don't wanna spend time gearing up a TR just to DPS. I don't wanna spend time gearing up another DPS class so I can actually just have fun playing a DPS class!

Either put invisible walls on all ledges so you can't knock stuff off, or give all classes, or at least TR a knockback ability so they can knock <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off the ledges! Or do like in WoW where mobs are on a leash!!! YES! If you found a way to knock mobs off in World of Warcraft, they would somehow respawn at the top of climb up a vertical wall and you'll be forced to fight them again!

I'm sick and tired of being the top DPS of every dungeon I join, only to be told: "Use singularity near ledge and knock them off" when we arrive in an area with ledges!

IT'S BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knocking stuff off ledges is so **** BORING!!! It makes my class so boring and unappealing to play! I have to give up my spell Mastery slot for Repel, just so I can knock multiple mobs off! Why can't I just keep Chill Strike there and top the DPS meters and make TR cry that they can't keep up to a CW like me?

Yes I know it makes the runs go faster because we don't have to worry about killing adds anymore, but that makes the game feel so cheap!!! I've never played a MMORPG in my entire life where 1 class was responsable for knocking adds off ledges to avoid fighting them! You might as well just remove adds from dungeons all together that way CW won't be forced to be the ones to knock'em over ledges as if there was no adds there in the first place!
Post edited by arcbladez on

Comments

• Options
    xxhologhostxxxxhologhostxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Funny thing is, I totally enjoy knocking adds off cliffs. I find it amusing that something a wizard would do if it were real, you can do in this game. I find it much more believable than, knocking them up against an invisible barrier. I do not want WoW. I could careless about DPS meters and frankly wish they would remove it from the game.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Knocking stuff off a ledge is more boring than mindlessly clicking the mouse to dps?

Go figure OP's mindset
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    First thing someone said to me yesterday "You do know you will need to respec with repel and learn how to push mobs off cliffs" for end game dungeon raiding. I was level 58 at the time, I am now level 60 and I'm finding it kind of funny that a Company (Cryptic) would allow such a glaring issue as players pushing mobs off cliffs to bypass having to kill them outright. If you are going to overlook such an issue then Cryptic should infact just remove the adds from dungeons and allow players to speed race through them to kill the bosses.

The more I spend playing this game the more I am finding it harder to convince myself to stick around. I am old AD&D pnp player from years ago and when I was told about this game from a buddy of mine I jumped at the chance to check it out, it also freed me from playing World of Warcraft a little bit. I have to say, overall the game is fun, if you don't mind the more (Hack-N-Slash) feel the game has. It really reminds me more of an action Adventure game then it does an Mmorpg game.

It offers No open world to explore, it offers very little in the way of Pve boss mechanics (Unless your idea of challenging is Avoiding Big Red Aoe Zones Followed by massive add spawns who also summon Big Red Aoe Zones), which I don't. The dungeons All seem to be pretty OVER TUNED for normal pickup groups too clear. Hell, thats a Majority of your playerbase for Mmo's are random casual players who find the game Interesting and want to have fun with other players.

Cryptic offers little in the way of character exploration, in terms of trying out new specs, (Charging players to re-spec isn't right) I get it, but it's still not right. Things like keys, bank slots, extra bags for storage, should all be a normal feature in this game, charing players for those perks is complete Bs. It's not a need to have those items, but they are infact items that most Mmo companies acknowledge as being fundamental staple for players to have (Without paying real cash for them).

Anyways, at this point I'm not sure how much longer I plan on sticking around. It's been an ok experience and it gave me a chance to play something different then World of Warcraft after 9 years. I really like the idea of an Mmo D&D game where the Developers create a massive world for players to explore, to travel around in and experience D&D with friends. Sadly Nwo gives me one path to follow straight to level 60 and farming Over tuned Dungeons for purple gear.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    zeralf1zeralf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    Not all CWs can push mobs with success. Its not that easy. I find it more fun than nuking a boss or whatever. If they ever decide to put invisible walls, then they must tweak their encounters, cause there is now way to control 100 mobs and kill a boss especially with the cleric changes.
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gotta disagree with the op, I like that controlling mobs is actually important to a control wizard a class in 4E that is a CONTROLLER...noticing a theme? If you want more dps, because controllers do damned respectable dps even as a secondary aspect fo their role, then hold out for a striker, it shouldn't be too much longer now before a ranged striker is introduced.
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The problem isn't cliffs or CWs. It's Cryptic's lazy uninspired dungeon design. Lose the trash altogether.

Why the hell are we taking out the trash anyway? It's supposed to be a game, not a boring annoying chore.

No xp, no loot, no fun, waste of time garbage in dungeons is just pathetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arachonianarachonian Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    I'm done with my CW. You didn't wanna improve the CW class in this patch from just being a "Push mobs off ledge" class, well that's it! I'm done. I'm not doing dungeons on her ever again. I don't wanna spend time gearing up a TR just to DPS. I don't wanna spend time gearing up another DPS class so I can actually just have fun playing a DPS class!

Either put invisible walls on all ledges so you can't knock stuff off, or give all classes, or at least TR a knockback ability so they can knock <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off the ledges! Or do like in WoW where mobs are on a leash!!! YES! If you found a way to knock mobs off in World of Warcraft, they would somehow respawn at the top of climb up a vertical wall and you'll be forced to fight them again!

I'm sick and tired of being the top DPS of every dungeon I join, only to be told: "Use singularity near ledge and knock them off" when we arrive in an area with ledges!

IT'S BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knocking stuff off ledges is so **** BORING!!! It makes my class so boring and unappealing to play! I have to give up my spell Mastery slot for Repel, just so I can knock multiple mobs off! Why can't I just keep Chill Strike there and top the DPS meters and make TR cry that they can't keep up to a CW like me?

Yes I know it makes the runs go faster because we don't have to worry about killing adds anymore, but that makes the game feel so cheap!!! I've never played a MMORPG in my entire life where 1 class was responsable for knocking adds off ledges to avoid fighting them! You might as well just remove adds from dungeons all together that way CW won't be forced to be the ones to knock'em over ledges as if there was no adds there in the first place!

If its really DnD based, then it is very possible for you or the mobs can be knocked off of cliffs if you both have the ability to do so. Or if you have the ability that cannot be knocked off (usually the boss). So it is up to the dungeon designer really. Invisible wall idea is dumb. If you wanna block, why not just design a big rock or wall for that purpose. Also you cant compare a DnD based game to something like WoW/Rift. In DnD, you are supposed to be able to use terrain to your advantage where WoW/Rift , terrain is for "look" or part of a mechanics where raiders will die if fall off a cliff (in an instance but in open world you get no falling damage which is stupid) or something but Boss/mobs are designed to go after you no matter what period.

But what annoys me most is the "glitches" that being exploited by the players and slow to get fixed by developers. It just ruins the game experience for me.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My last run in CN was 2CWs, 1DC, 1GF, 1TR. We finished it in 1hr 40min. I dont think more than 4-5mobs went over the edges the entire run (of course not counting Dracolich), and that was by accident. No one is forcing you to knockoff mobs. In fact, is many situations it is a bad idea.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    blatterfestblatterfest Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why can't I just keep Chill Strike there and top the DPS meters and make TR cry that they can't keep up to a CW like me?

The real reason for your rant... lolz
  • Options
    pilotmikepilotmike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You realize shield is a better KB than Repel? I leave chill strike in my tabbed slot and use plain old shield to knock stuff off ledges. Repel is limited to 5 mobs, shield has no cap which makes it far superior. It also challenges your skill more since timing is more important on shield than repel.

GL and hope you can find some enjoyment in the class.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Personally I can get enough of shield bursting mobs off ledges.
  • Options
    horoturehoroture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    Hey - at least you are still useful.

-TR
  • Options
    boconbocon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First off, if you are topping the DPS charts, you are playing with horribles who have no idea how to play, or are severely under geared compared to yourself. Rogues, top geared DPS GF's and top geared GWF's will do more DPS than you by over 1 mil easy. I run with all the top geared players, clearing CN in less than an hour every time. I know my spec, I know my class and most importantly, I know my role. Does it suck that we are just used for knocking stuff off ledges and chain casting singularity? Sure does. Do I want to DPS? Hell yes I do. Does Cryptic give 1 **** about what I want? Nope. If you want to DPS, I suggest re rolling into a ranger or warlock when they come out. Because even if they produce more content where there are no ledges, your entire job will be to chain cast singularity for the rest of the real DPS classes. Sad, but true.
  • Options
    yliana1yliana1 Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    Hmm I would have no problem to be the CC class with less DPS,but the only important CC seems to be knocking mobs of some edges and suck them all together for dps to have it easier..

The problem here is the game design imo. As someone else said,every boss from the start is mostly 1 big dude spamming big hitting skills with nice red lines on where it will hit! And a huge load of adds spawning once in a while..

But its all new,maybe things change someday :P I do have to say that i enjoy other classes more then CW when i get pushed into the "knock off" role.. But for the time beeing,as the poster above me said,thats our job and it seems its WAI,unless i have missed a statement that its not wich might happend.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bocon wrote: »
    First off, if you are topping the DPS charts, you are playing with horribles who have no idea how to play, or are severely under geared compared to yourself. Rogues, top geared DPS GF's and top geared GWF's will do more DPS than you by over 1 mil easy. I run with all the top geared players, clearing CN in less than an hour every time. I know my spec, I know my class and most importantly, I know my role. Does it suck that we are just used for knocking stuff off ledges and chain casting singularity? Sure does. Do I want to DPS? Hell yes I do. Does Cryptic give 1 **** about what I want? Nope. If you want to DPS, I suggest re rolling into a ranger or warlock when they come out. Because even if they produce more content where there are no ledges, your entire job will be to chain cast singularity for the rest of the real DPS classes. Sad, but true.

I run with well geared players who dont fail on any content and i find myself top of the dps charts the vast majority of the time. I dont why you have such a huge issue wit ith. You seem to post the same rant over and over.

Sure single target dps no chance but we clear tons of trash by default.

Are you being lazy on your runs...

The hate is swelling in you now............ Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.
  • Options
    boconbocon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    I run with well geared players who dont fail on any content and i find myself top of the dps charts the vast majority of the time. I dont why you have such a huge issue wit ith. You seem to post the same rant over and over.

Sure single target dps no chance but we clear tons of trash by default.

Are you being lazy on your runs...

I top DPS charts all the time in PUG runs in T2's. It's not difficult to beat people not geared as well as I am(11k+), or DPS who are specced wrong or who don't know proper skill rotations. You obviously run with people of whom I just mentioned.
    I run with one of the (possibly the) best geared GWF on the server. Same with one of the top 3 DPS GF's on the server. Both of them will out AoE DPS me. And while I beat the rogue during trash, he catches up easily after a boss. Clearing CN in way under an hour each run.
    Not sure where you get your single target info from, but we do the second best single target damage.
    Be a good boy and do your job as intended by Cryptic. Knock mobs off ledges and chain cast Singularity.
  • Options
    gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    How about if they redesigned ledges with a lower tiered surface so that it would then catch mobs knocked off, who would then have to make their way back up via a side path? This would keep knocking mobs off a ledge a valid form of CC, but not kill them outright. This would also gives GWFs something to do, as you would want dedicated off-tanks to engage the mobs making they way back up from the ledge.

If a designer wanted the ledge to work as a kill source, they could always add traps or damage tiles on the lower ledge to either soften or kill the mobs knocked down there.
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Giving us actual powerful enough AoE's to outright kill adds would be better, that or lower the adds skills and powers.
    Knocking stuff off a ledge is more boring than mindlessly clicking the mouse to dps?

Go figure OP's mindset
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013

IT'S BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time for you to find another game then .
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That sentence will go without saying pretty soon by all.
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    It's time for you to find another game then .
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    I have to agree the push mobs of ledges lameness is old. I was severely disappointing when I saw just how much this was being done. It really makes the quality of this game seem really bad when something like that is a legit tactic that is used over and over. I really hope they just overlooked this, and did not intentionally design the game like this.

If so its an example of what not to do in an MMO. ^The occasional knock something off would be fun, if it was challenging and not so frequently happening. But when your "job" is to knock mobs off a cliff it kills any sense of immersiveness.
  • Options
    kaelis33kaelis33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    Loremaster in LOTRO was way better CC wizzie....loved that class.
  • Options
    lemonswordlemonsword Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Frankly, as a Guardian Fighter, I hope they get rid of any ability Control Wizards have to throw mobs all over the place. It's like you don't realize that if you spray monsters in every direction it makes it all but impossible to tank them and keep them off the cleric. I hate all of you. Seriously.
  • Options
    gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lemonsword wrote: »
    Frankly, as a Guardian Fighter, I hope they get rid of any ability Control Wizards have to throw mobs all over the place. It's like you don't realize that if you spray monsters in every direction it makes it all but impossible to tank them and keep them off the cleric. I hate all of you. Seriously.

How about if they gave you an AoE taunt that adds a "root" status, which in turn makes them immune to push/pull effects?
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lemonsword wrote: »

Well, it sounds like you have gathered all the terrible CWs to your bosom. You can keep them. Proper CWs actually gather mobs. If you didn't exclusively group with Bads, you'd know this.
  • Options
    johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i feel you bro. CW at dungeons are really boring (doing the same rotation, same powers over and over again)

what the game needs are new powers and paragons.

posted a thread regarding that, now the game is live still nothing is new
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?354452-to-cryptic-devs
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    to those people who are giving negative comments to this thread pls wake up dont tell me after how many years you guys will stick to the same powers? seriously?

you guys are like.. saying that theres no room for innovation/ideas for the game. you are like big guys who still play barbie dolls at age 60

other MMOs have meteorites falling down from the sky, and you guys still love those ****ty ice cubes?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    seriously all classes in the game are "half-baked"
  • Options
    divinewinterdivinewinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I personally think that using your surrounding for your own benefit is the best part of this game. Jumping over walls and using cliffs brings an element to the game that hasn't yet been mastered. Don't get me wrong. Running through the walls to the final boss in CN was a little out of hand, but skipping trash mobs or pushing them off ledges because you are sneaky is great fun.

I have to say that with each patch and whiney brat kid (I want it my way.. whaaa) I lose just a little more interest in this game until I reach the point that I take my money elsewhere. Devs need to stop molding their games towards every comment and stand up and say enjoy my game the way it is or *&^% off.
  • Options
    nexdinenexdine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problem with unanticipated mechanics like this - shoving stuff off ledges specifically, but partly also there being ways to bypass massive groups of mobs on the way to the target - is twofold.

Firstly, the bypass "exploits" further exacerbates the problem that dungeons are no longer about a team fighting and winning a challenging dungeon, it becomes a speed-run through to rob the end boss at the end, only done during a Delve event because that maximizes loot. That's pretty dull for people who actually enjoy the cooperative effort of getting that done with a good team and the satisfaction of winning fair and square.

The ledge-pushing is a far bigger issue though, because it amps up the de facto power of the CW class way beyond what it should be. Instead of all five current classes being just as valid to take into a dungeon, suddenly specific classes get prioritized and others get marginalized because the rabid loot-robber team I described is going to demand there are such accidentally overpowered classes strongly represented when doing epic content.

So the bypassing of mobs is bad for the feeling of immersion into the game, and the large scale mob-shoving is a de facto class imbalancer and game breaker that needs to be addressed.

If pushing is something that's factored in and considered an expected tactic by Cryptic then fine. If it's not and it's a way to ramp up the power of the CW beyond where it's supposed to be, it has to be stamped out and eradicated, simple as that.