Install Arc
Options

I'm done with pushing stuff off ledges. /quit

2»

Comments

• Options
    spaggotryspaggotry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    being valued for one aspect while having the rest ignored and/or downplayed while being treated like a slave is also especially demeaning.
  • Options
    nexdinenexdine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, it's not as bad as playing a class that isn't valued at all for epics because they're perceived as unable to clear as quickly as other classes. That's demeaning if anything, "nope, sorry, we need more of the other classes, not yours."
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, ledge-pushing is an issue now that makes you quit the game.
    But oh, the other nine thousand bugs which are not intended features are not an issue that makes you quit the game.

O.o
    Nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you guys didn't get the point
    ledge pushing is not bad

the bad thing is that its the only choice which players can do. the game didn't gave us much variations to choose from
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    johnygwapo wrote: »
    you guys didn't get the point
    ledge pushing is not bad

the bad thing is that its the only choice which players can do. the game didn't gave us much variations to choose from

I disagree. Ledge pushing isn't an intended tactic, from what I gather. Cryptic didn't intend to turn the CW into a ledge showing machine, but it turns out they are. Powerplaying teams will therefore insist on ledge pushing, and that will happen as long as ledge pushing gives a huge advantage. There's a reason why balancing classes is a huge deal in games like these, if they're unbalanced they don't see equal use and aren't equally desirable in teams.
  • Options
    zippyhappychimpzippyhappychimp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nexdine wrote: »
    I disagree. Ledge pushing isn't an intended tactic, from what I gather. Cryptic didn't intend to turn the CW into a ledge showing machine, but it turns out they are. Powerplaying teams will therefore insist on ledge pushing, and that will happen as long as ledge pushing gives a huge advantage. There's a reason why balancing classes is a huge deal in games like these, if they're unbalanced they don't see equal use and aren't equally desirable in teams.

On one hand, there are enough pushes and pulls in the game that it's Clear they were meant to be part of the various classes CC suites. On the other hand, CCing something(s) and 1hitKO'ing them via lava or w/e are entirely different things.

We really need patch notes along the lines of:
    =================
    *Most Bottomless pits are now not quite so bottomless.
    *Nearly all monsters have become more acclimated to their environments. For example: Lava Fiends now find the feel of lava soothing and while they may be loathe to leave it, they will eventually return to the fight.
    *After talks with Monsters Union 315 (as a quality of life matter), all monsters will be issues ropes and climbing equipment, emergency teleporters, or the like for use if they suddenly find themselves stuck somewhere not to their likely.

*Certain encounters have been rebalanced with the above in mind.

TLDR: punts should still provide CC and breathing room, forcing monsters to make their way back to the fight; while no longer allowing 1hKO's in most situations.
    =================
  • Options
    johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nexdine wrote: »

it turned out like that, because is the only efficient way that neverwinter made. they should have made other powers that are somehow efficient like ledge pushing, why not have lightning that might stun over and over again? got my point?

lets take Maelstrom of Chaos as an example, if they just have made it efficient as ledge pushing then people would use that. ive never seen any CW using Maelstrom of Chaos

another example, ice storm, a storm? but limited targets only? lol gotta be kidding me
  • Options
    malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    it turned out like that, because is the only efficient way that neverwinter made. they should have made other powers that are somehow efficient like ledge pushing, why not have lightning that might stun over and over again? got my point?

lets take Maelstrom of Chaos as an example, if they just have made it efficient as ledge pushing then people would use that. ive never seen any CW using Maelstrom of Chaos

another example, ice storm, a storm? but limited targets only? lol gotta be kidding me

I've used Maelstrom of Chaos on Epic Mad Dragon a few times after I've gathered the Erynies spawns to prone them while one of our two TRs pewpewed them into oblivion. Having that kind of timing down - to where you can interrupt them by prone AND toss those <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> imp spawns to the pile as well, is quite fun and satisfying.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Yeah but it's not supposed to be that efficient. It's supposed to take some effort to burn down the mobs. One-shotting them isn't efficient, it's pretty much exploit territory. The GWF has no such "efficient" one-shot tactic because they don't have a singularity hoover that can drop half a roomful down the hole, and as a result (well, from that and the apparently 60% nerf they got before going into open beta) one sentence you never hear on guild chat in the game is "Looking for GWF for DD".

The playing field needs to be level, one way or the other. Making mobs impossible to one-shot ledgekill would be a good first step, I agree completely with the zippy, happy Chimp above.
  • Options
    paputsapaputsa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's a bug, but it's only been a weird problem once for me about an hour ago when I accidentally pushed off a dungeon boss and his sidekick from the first rush. Right now my character is stuck in a rock, which is actually much more annoying.