test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class specific looting ruins dungeon replay value

sicktir3dsicktir3d Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Once you have your gear now, there's no reason to go back to a dungeon because you cant roll need to sell. In a game where almost everything is sellable on the auction house and everything cost very high amounts of ad, you have to be able to need on everything or else why do dungeons anymore?
Post edited by sicktir3d on

Comments

• xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sicktir3d wrote: »
    Once you have your gear now, there's no reason to go back to a dungeon because you cant roll need to sell. In a game where almost everything is sellable on the auction house and everything cost very high amounts of ad, you have to be able to need on everything or else why do dungeons anymore?

Its terrible to be the ******bag that the rules were changed because of...isn't it.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • argonacargonac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is specifically the reason why most games have bind on pickup-gear from dungeons and raids.
  • kirkhodgeskirkhodges Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I hear you, it's great for replay value. But, are you saying we should go back to "players having their items potentially stolen?" Or are you suggesting a new work around?
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    Its terrible to not be the ******bag that the rules were changed because of...isn't it.

I thought the same thing when I read his post. Poor guy can't roll Need on everything and ruin people's day any more. QQ
  • velektorvelektor Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about to help your guild or friends (hope you have friends) get geared up also?
  • sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    velektor wrote: »
    How about to help your guild or friends (hope you have friends) get geared up also?

One would hope you would be adventuring with some or a full party of these friends so this wouldn't be an issue.
  • fuumanchuuu1fuumanchuuu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I kind of agree with the OP. If you are running a pug group there is nothing stopping the jerks from rolling uncontested need for items of their class even if they don't need it. They should have made need rolls BOP. Would have made the loot system much better than it is now.
  • gnominiongnominion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see BOP myself. I understand their thought process on this, and it was a good effort to resolve a definite issue.

I personally would love to see a bit more variety come from the bosses. That would also make it more attractive for multiple runs. A drop for each class type would be nice. :)
  • vertisonevertisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    i dont get the issue. you can still roll greed to sell. its the same as everyone rolling need to sell.

unless you mean your replay value lies in rolling need to guarantee yourself the item when everyone else is rolling greed out of common courtesy, then yes. you are correct this type of thievery roleplay has now been changed.
  • fuumanchuuu1fuumanchuuu1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vertisone wrote: »
    i dont get the issue. you can still roll greed to sell. its the same as everyone rolling need to sell.

The issue is TR dagger drops. I'm a TR. I already have that exact same dagger but I roll need. I win the dagger because nobody else even has the opportunity to roll against me unless there is another person of that class present. It works fine if people aren't jerkoffs but then again the old system would have been fine if that were the case. Moral of the story.....need rolls should make any item BOP.
  • ofkathriaofkathria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For those who want to run dungeons just to pick up gear to sell on the AH, I propose a variation on what was often suggested to those on the other side of the fence before the patch: run with a group of friends, wherein everyone agrees to roll "greed" instead of "need."
  • vertisonevertisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited June 2013
    The issue is TR dagger drops. I'm a TR. I already have that exact same dagger but I roll need. I win the dagger because nobody else even has the opportunity to roll against me unless there is another person of that class present. It works fine if people aren't jerkoffs but then again the old system would have been fine if that were the case. Moral of the story.....need rolls should make any item BOP.

nothing changed really when you think about it, what if the rogue dagger didnt drop, but a mage weapon dropped instead. the mage would be able to roll need. you still only have 1/5 chance of getting the item regardless of this system or the old - granted that the boss has an item for each class on their loot table.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    So all the loot wh0res are crying that they can't NEED ...
  • wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was doing cn money runs. First ruined by exploit which led to a 50% cheaper prices on cn boss loot.
    now i cant do even that, couse i cant allneed. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    And yes. i have a sollution. Party leader can activate All- Need option, and everyobdy in the group can click yes or no.

If therer at least was an option to sent someone AD i could mabye live with it, since one would sell and sent cut to the others (im speaking of moneyruns with friends/guild) But like that i feel like i am paranted where no parenting is needed.
    Nobody would agree grownups are forbidden to drink a beer only cause kids dunno where to stop.
  • thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    need rolls should make any item BOP.

I've heard this idea thrown around before, but I wonder if it really would make a difference. If someone is selfish enough to roll need on an item they can't actually use, would even a significantly smaller payoff actually change their behavior? I suspect that someone of this mindset would still roll need, figuring they'd rather have a few gold from vendoring it than nothing at all.

Not sure what the best solution is, other than avoid pugs whenever possible.
    edited June 2013
    Ya, I miss rolling need on items not for my class and making people in the instance who need it buy it from me. I am roleplaying a half orc guardian fighter thief. Nothing beats the rage of a soul having his loot held for ransom (that he doesn't deserve because I carried him anyway). Game sucks now. Cryptic removed a real fun social interaction mechanic from the game.
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kirkhodges wrote: »
    I hear you, it's great for replay value. But, are you saying we should go back to "players having their items potentially stolen?" Or are you suggesting a new work around?

Oh please. Unless you go with friends/guildies that will always happen regardless.

As the newer player of my class and less geared, how many times do you think another player of the same class, already kitted out in all the best items, ever passed on a need roll so I could claim the item? You know the answer already but I will give it to you anyway. Not once did it happen. Most players of other classes were happy to defer to the class spec already, so much so I can never understand the 'ninja' claims put forward here and in game. If incidents happen, they really are isolated ones.

No, no, it is the 'ninja' of your own class that is the issue, so this tweak solves nothing for your average PUG.

Now having said all that, no one is having items "stolen" because they didn't belong to them in the first place. The roll of the dice decides the owner, nothing and no one else. If you don't win the roll, shrug and move on. It isn't as if gear is difficult to get.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    vertisone wrote: »
    Ya, I miss rolling need on items not for my class and making people in the instance who need it buy it from me. I am roleplaying a half orc guardian fighter thief. Game sucks now. Cryptic removed a real fun social interaction mechanic from the game.

If you mean "fun social interaction mechanic" by being a ****** bag then sure.
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bound on Pickup - Need
    Bound on Equip - Greed

thats all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    platinu wrote: »
    I thought the same thing when I read his post. Poor guy can't roll Need on everything and ruin people's day any more. QQ

+1000 on this... exactly what I was thinking.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Man, the love of "material" things (even virtual material things) causes so much hate. It's hilarious, really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neo1313neo1313 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Step 1: Get to 60 like everyone else did and stop whining.
    Step 2: go back and farm the item you wanted to sell (provided you can do so) with yourself or a group and sell it, and stop whining.
    Step 3: Profit ?????

Problem solved.

ps: rolling need to SELL is the reason they changed it in the first place, not sure where the disconnect between keyboard and brain lies but NEED is if you NEED it, GREED is if you are going to SELL it, it isnt that hard of a concept really and if you fail at understanding this then maybe this game (or gaming as a whole) isnt for you and you should just go back to selling gold or scamming 73 year old grandmothers posing as a Microsoft rep. Good day to you sir.
  • neo1313neo1313 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    Its terrible to be the ******bag that the rules were changed because of...isn't it.

Yeah, these are those times where I wish we could see their username and preemptively ignore the person so we wont have to deal with them in game.
  • heckle7heckle7 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I for one am thrilled that they made this change. My GF missed out on several blue drops that were specific for my class because somebody decided that "Need" could be defined as "I NEED to sell this to get AD so I can buy gear for myself". I doubt those blues would have been game-changing for me while leveling, but having them would have been nice and made my game experience just a little bit more enjoyable. Everyone wants cool gear regardless of their level.

If someone is the only one of a certain class within my groups I don't really care if they need on something for their class even if they don't intend on using it. I see it as this drop was meant for X...he is an X...so he gets the drop.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I kind of agree with the OP. If you are running a pug group there is nothing stopping the jerks from rolling uncontested need for items of their class even if they don't need it. They should have made need rolls BOP. Would have made the loot system much better than it is now.

This was also my thoughts on the best way to make the system fairer. If you roll NEED it binds on pickup and cannot be unbound. So if you want to sell it, you have to roll GREED......
  • osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What we need is a loot option for parties "Farm Mode" or something like that to indicate everyone can NEED on items. or even better, it automatically forces NEED on all blue items.
  • banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Seems someone is upset the devs listened and spoiled his loot stealing days... sorry I feel nothing for you...ALot of folks run D's simply to get gear, then some you know what the likes of this rolls need and as designed wins said item, which he cannot use but will go 100000 AD in Ah for it. and that same poor sap has to rerun in hopes the item falls again in the next few runs, only to find, you guessed it, this dudes buddy in grp and rolling need on the item that HE can't use... rinse and repeat. I like this change!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • neyph69neyph69 Banned Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    banecrushr wrote: »
    Seems someone is upset the devs listened and spoiled his loot stealing days... sorry I feel nothing for you...ALot of folks run D's simply to get gear, then some you know what the likes of this rolls need and as designed wins said item, which he cannot use but will go 100000 AD in Ah for it. and that same poor sap has to rerun in hopes the item falls again in the next few runs, only to find, you guessed it, this dudes buddy in grp and rolling need on the item that HE can't use... rinse and repeat. I like this change!

I feel the same way. Anyone that is complaining about this change are just self entitled cry babies that are just mad they cant need over people for money. cry more plz. Its you complainers that caused this change just remember that.
  • wingsforwingsfor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    neo1313 wrote: »
    Step 1: Get to 60 like everyone else did and stop whining.
    Step 2: go back and farm the item you wanted to sell (provided you can do so) with yourself or a group and sell it, and stop whining.
    Step 3: Profit ?????

Problem solved.

ps: rolling need to SELL is the reason they changed it in the first place, not sure where the disconnect between keyboard and brain lies but NEED is if you NEED it, GREED is if you are going to SELL it, it isnt that hard of a concept really and if you fail at understanding this then maybe this game (or gaming as a whole) isnt for you and you should just go back to selling gold or scamming 73 year old grandmothers posing as a Microsoft rep. Good day to you sir.

Ok so i got full miracle, the Set from Drako and level 7 enchas in all slots.. Does that meen i am to boost weaker geared ppl trough content and spent kits/pots so i can greed on everything?
    Man wake up..there are groups that farm T2/CN only to sell stuff. And no its not only Guilds/Friends! There are enuff Maxed ppl around (shoutout to Mindlfayer yo) to pug it u kno? and ofc u can agree to "all Greed" everything, but since its still a pug, all need was just the saver option. So much u cry couse somebody took your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you need to relize that classbinding rolls is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> way to solve the initial problem of ninja..the other CW/DC or whatever is double in ur Party can need aswell, even if its for sale. So the presented sollution IS NOT a sollution. Its just a sloppy workaround to keep the noobs quiet.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Great. Here we go again.

Change it to BOP and you WOULD kill any replay value.

Why on in the hell would I want to run a dungeon for a chance at 3 gold?

Many runs NOTHING for a specific class drops.

On the runs that I DO get drops I **** well will roll need provided there is not another same class in the group.

Back under your rocks.