test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Outstanding CW Bugs/Issues (Since 6/13 Patch)

Comments

• Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Made some small updates and additions. Thanks, everyone, for the input, and please don't hesitate to point out where there are errors. I don't want to spread false information.

johnyg, I'll try out Severe Reaction when my baby CW is able to take it (i.e. probably in a week or so considering my work schedule :P)

Also, this isn't exactly a bug, but now that Steal Time is working as intended by not applying maximum Arcane Mastery stacks with one cast, it is no longer "ticking" multiple times during the casting animation. Not nearly as fun or effective for starting a huge Spell Storm, getting your Eye of the Storm on, or slapping Nightmare Wizardry on everything. On the bright side, you can probably still land Nightmare Wizardry on at least one or two party members or yourself by putting Steal Time in the Tab slot :P
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    maxnalarmaxnalar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, i tested every spells out there in the PTR, and created a post with all the bugs.

I thought i was going to know what was going to hit my class when the patch came in, and was prepared.
    WRONG !

Count on this patch to do more silent Nerfs on spells or to break more ...

Here is a list :

- Archmage set is now broken. Was working as usual on PTR, is now not functioning in normal servers.

- High Vizier Does not get proper buff/debuff when using slow time. u may hit 1 or 10 mobs, it only procs for one mob and you. Others AOEs control spells still buffing you depending on number of enemies hit, so must be a problem on slow time

- High vizier do not proc on Icy Terrain, which was considered by the game as a control spells until before the patch

- Shield is definitely not affected by arcane stacks ! this is killing me on the dracolich like nothing else does !

- Shield is not affected by set bonuses anymore

- RoE's cooldown on mastery still unaffected by stats, feats or abilities

- AP gain on Shard of Endless Avalanche is non-existent. sometimes receiving AP when summoning him, but that's it

- Icy Terrain : still not Gaining AP consistently. more often than not, 0 AP gain

- Orb of imposition still indicate that control spells get +5% duration even when maxed at 3 points (and should be at 15%)

- Evocation still indicates that AOE spells get +5% dmg even when maxed at 3 points (and should be at 15%)

- We still don't know the size of AOE effect of chilling cloud At-Will

- Storm Fury : We still don't know how much dmg it does and the rate at which it procs

- Storm Spell : Still don't know how much dmg it does

- Storm pillar At-Will : Still indicate a ridiculously low amount of DMG, inconsistent with reality. But only does "real lvl-based" dmg when fully charged"

- All spells that leave targets prone don't indicate for how long they are prone

- RoE : Is Said to decrease dmg and mitigation of target. But no value is given for dmg

- Icy rays : "Briefly" stuns target. How briefly ?

- Maelstrom of Chaos : is said to "Greatly reduce dmg" while casting. how much is that ? does it add armor ? dmg resistance ? can this dmg reducing buff be DEbuffed by spells (such as RoE or other mitigation affecting spells) ? Does it affect necrotic dmg as well ?
    Because casting it in the middle of a party of ppl using greater plague fire, greater tenebrous, and using Armor and Mitigation debuffs, if the "Greatly reduce dmg" is affected by all that or cannot stop certain types of dmg, there really is no point to a channeling daily !

- Eye of the storm : Still indicate that it will last 4 Seconds even when maxed out to 3 points and should be 8 seconds.

Spells :
    - We still don't know which spells are control spells
    - We still don't know which spells are AOE spells
    - We still don't know how long our spells last
    - We still don't know the size of our AOEs

This should be sticki'ed, or passed to someone. there is too much to even report it through game.

It feels like my class has been on the receiving end of total laziness, or failed patch. So much is still broken, and more got broken in the process.
    I m not one to ***** about a game, but this feels ridiculous !

Live in one week, seriously ? with CW class not working on half of its spells ?
    This would be interesting ...

/signed

Also - My playstyle is completely broken since the new patch, Im now a CONTROL wizard with about 50% effectivness of pre-patch.
  • Options
    dmh31337dmh31337 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Chill strike isnt proccing Elemental Empowerment when it is in mastery slot
  • Options
    lemandallemandal Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    Also, this isn't exactly a bug, but now that Steal Time is working as intended by not applying maximum Arcane Mastery stacks with one cast, it is no longer "ticking" multiple times during the casting animation. Not nearly as fun or effective for starting a huge Spell Storm, getting your Eye of the Storm on, or slapping Nightmare Wizardry on everything. On the bright side, you can probably still land Nightmare Wizardry on at least one or two party members or yourself by putting Steal Time in the Tab slot :P

It still does, if you have a weapon enchantment you clearly see the 6 ticks / target.
  • Options
    paradoxie01paradoxie01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now there's even more bugs and the devs needs fix this asap it's really dissapointing to have your feats and powers not working properly. Besides the OP and the rest mentioned, here are some of my findings.

Updated: my tests on Powers and Feat

1."Destructive Wizardry" buff only applies if the Storm Pillar shock your enemies within 10ft of you any further the buff wouldn't activate.

2. Icy rays does not proc Elemental Empowerment.

3. Chill Strike (tab) does not proc Elemental Empowerment

4. COI (tab) does proc Elemental Empowerment but isn't shown outside of quest log. The untab version displays normally.

5. Icy Rays both normal and mastery slots does not benefits from Snap Freeze. Transcended Master benefits Icy Ray now however Shard of Endless Avalanche isn't consistant in damage.

6. Shard of Endless Avalanche does not crit nor it generates AP as mentioned by the earlier posters.

7. Storm Pillar does not crit nor benefits from combat advantage on its initial target however targets that are affected by the aoe shock does but would not be able to proc Spell Storm.
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    more and more bugs ... or are they? starting to look like hidden ninja nerfs that werent in the patch notes.
  • Options
    yliana1yliana1 Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    I am indeed a bit surprised that not many of the bugs have been fixed with todays patch,instead new ones came... As it is now im using/not using skills/feats based on how broken they are... simply cause it makes some skills alot less usefull if they dont work properly.

Then again,other classes have or had the same issues,BETA after all ^.^
    (free respecs during beta would have been nice,to test more stuff and have it fixed before it goes live maybe..)
  • Options
    malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The issue with the final Thaumaturge feat vs TRs and GWFs in PvP could be as simple as this: They changed CoI to be a DoT instead of AoE. Unstoppable/Avalanche of Steel and IoC still cleanse all DoTs that were pre-applied, and their effects, contrary to the patch notes.

For a simple test that the TR and GWF abilities indeed run contrary to what was claimed in the patch notes: Go into PvP, apply Entangling Force to any TR or GWF, watch as they pop Unstoppable/Avalanche of Steel/IoC to instantly break it. Entangling Force was also changed into a DoT instead of a Control power. The patch notes say those abilities were changed to not be able to cleanse/break DoTs & CC effects applied BEFORE using them. This is not the case.

Edit: They still can't cast it while it's "chained": What apparently happens is, if they time the cast at the same time you apply Entangling Force, it will take priority and break the Entangling Force instantly, just went into a match and tested on my TR. On a side note, the DoT damage from Entangling Force now self-breaks the control effect of Entangling Force. GG.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • Options
    pilchingtonpilchington Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PW are a joke. How about some feedback on these game-breaking bugs? Or better yet, some fixes instead of just nerfing us.

I didn't think it was possible for a company to be more clueless than Blizzard when balancing a game, but you've proved me wrong, well done.
  • Options
    fanhozfanhoz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One more issue with shield. Now if you cast shield while having 5 stacks of arcane mastery, you will loose them. Before the patch casting shield prevented arcane stack from dissapearing, now it doesnt. Other spells seem to still keep all arane mastery stacks while being cast (for example steal time), but shield doesn't do that anymore...

There is also a problem with shield pulse. When tested on test dummies it added 3 stacks of arcane mastery, but sometimes, no idea why, it removed all stacks of arcane mastery oO

Seriously this class is so broken now, that i don't want to play it anymore in current state. Guess the best thing to do is to take a break from this game, and return when something will actually get repaired...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lemandal wrote: »
    It still does, if you have a weapon enchantment you clearly see the 6 ticks / target.

It's not working the same with feat and passive power procs. I used to see floating text spam and multiple procs on each target, and now it's not firing nearly as often. Maybe the ticks are still occurring, but they don't behave the same way?
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    vespera33vespera33 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone know what is the base value for the 25% cooldown bonus on T1 Gladiator (PvP) set? Right now the difference beetwen my non Tab encounters and the tabbed ones is about 15% (14% in case od Steal Time). Or maybe it doesn't stack with other cooldown reductions - recovery, feats, etc?
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    currently from what ive tested, snap freeze does not work. if another thaum wiz can confirm this.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    scannjerscannjer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    johnygwapo wrote: »
    just to clarify with snap freeze. did you cast chill strike to an enemy without chills yet?

I'm Renegade build and Chill Strike is the only ability that apply Chills for me! The bonus damage from Snap Freeze should be applied if I cast this spell first because after that my targets gets Chills... and that does not seems to happen... 20% is something you will notice for sure! :) Also I noticed no damage increase if use COI as well... I did try both spells on target dummy's by casting only one of them and nothing else.
  • Options
    malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I use RoF for that, since it A) stacks chills B) refills AP faster than any other power we have as CWs.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • Options
    honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vespera33 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is the base value for the 25% cooldown bonus on T1 Gladiator (PvP) set? Right now the difference beetwen my non Tab encounters and the tabbed ones is about 15% (14% in case od Steal Time). Or maybe it doesn't stack with other cooldown reductions - recovery, feats, etc?

100% Recharge reduction = Recharge time cut in half, not reduced to zero. So basically the 25% is reducing the total seconds by 12.5% or so directly, which fits in with the percentages you laid out.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elemental empowerment is really bugged, alot of the time it doesnt work the only time it does work consistantly is with conduit of ice
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yliana1 wrote: »
    I am indeed a bit surprised that not many of the bugs have been fixed with todays patch,instead new ones came... As it is now im using/not using skills/feats based on how broken they are... simply cause it makes some skills alot less usefull if they dont work properly.

Then again,other classes have or had the same issues,BETA after all ^.^
    (free respecs during beta would have been nice,to test more stuff and have it fixed before it goes live maybe..)

I agree, I was eager for the patch today, instead I am just more bitterly disappointed. Now the CW is even more broken.

On top of that, how can they apply nerfs for balancing when most of the feats, powers, class features, etc aren't and haven't worked properly? They can't possibly have a correct baseline to judge performance when nothing is actually working right, so what are they balancing? JFTDC Cryptic this isn't your first spin on the merry-go-round, what the hell is going on with you guys on this game?
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With "BETA" over in 6 days this list of bugs is ridiculous. I try to not troll on the forums but come on! I really like this game. I am doing all I can to remain patient and convince myself spending money here is rational. It is getting harder and harder each day.

LOL just hit level 60 and can't even figure out which gear to buy because it looks like the procs on many of them don't work anyway.
  • Options
    gulrakdarkgulrakdark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic/PW, please attempt to fix these bugs as soon as possible. My god, what kind of operation are you guys running, given the amount of money you guys are taking in? Have you gone on to develop and hype your next mini MMO already?

Ok just, please do this, have one of the devs at Cryptic come on here and at least say they will test these bugs themselves, if not acknowledge them. And that you guys will work on getting them fixed.

I mean seriously, look at them, it's silly that Nightmare Wizardry effects the caster instead of the mobs! -_- As if the mobs, even the little minion kinds, don't already do enough damage to a CW. It's bad enough that you can't skillfully kite mobs even a little in this game while controlling them. Their hits still connect when you are already out of hit range if they started the animation while in range. It's just the ones with the really slow animations that can be avoided.
  • Options
    freehugs9freehugs9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have tested some of these:
    Sudden Storm: Still not critting. Damage still seems to be less than what tooltip indicates

True. Damage is a few hundred points less than the tooltip.

Nightmare Wizardry: CONSTANTLY procs on the user, granting all enemies Combat Advantage damage from all angles.

Could not replicate. I'm Thaumaturge with Nightmare Wizardry and it's only applying to my targets.

Evocation: Not working with ALL AoE powers

False. It's the TOOLTIPS that don't show correctly. The actual damage is increasing.

Icy Terrain doesn't crit

True. in fact it goes so far that it often says it's proced Eye of the Storm (on flying combat text) but doesn't give you the buff.

Archmage Set: Further reports state that bonus is not functioning AT ALL.

True. No longer works with any control power.

Shard of the Endless Avalanche: AP gain from using power virtually nonexistent.

True. As a Thaumaturge spec CW I get no AP from Shard of the Endless Avalanche whatsoever. I believe this might happen because it counts as a pet called "Shard" in the combat log.

Icy Terrain: Very low AP gain, as above.

True. It's the same as Shard of the Endless Avalanche, generates no AP, and shows up in the log as "unknown".

Steal Time: Cooldown can still be initiated without casting the spell if you attempt to activate immediately after teleporting.

True, and god I hate this bug.

Conduit of Ice: Conflicting reports about whether or not it properly applies the mitigation debuff when used with the Thaumaturge feat. Unable to test for myself right now; will revise when more CWs chime in to clear up the question.

True. The targets take no extra damage.
    Edit: Respeced and took Assailing Force again and now it's working.

Here's some extra stuff for you:
    Ray of Frost, Storm Pillar, Maelstrom of Chaos and Arcane Singularity tooltips do not scale with power.
    Storm Pillar and Arcane Singularity get no damage bonus from power.
    Arcane Singularity does less damage than stated on it's tooltip.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To the above poster (don't want to quote).

Using CoI with evocation. I noticed no damage increase.

As for Arcane Singularity. This was the case before patch. Infact, i always crit for LESS than the base damage stated in the tool tip.
  • Options
    scannjerscannjer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    I found that "Conduit of Ice" do not refresh the Chill stacks every single time... sometimes they disappear after you cast it.

"Icy Rays" still do not go on cool down after you cast it twice... same goes for Shield!
    You need to press the ability one more time in order to show the cool down timer....

I did some dungeons today and 95% of the time my Shield do not get any cool down reduction, no matter how many Arcane Mastery stacks I got or how many mobs it hits... it was always on 12 sec or something like that!

I agree that Steal Time most of the time do not cast after dodge... maybe the animation will go off and nothing else! Also if you start pushing the button rapidly after dodge it will never cast :)
  • Options
    freehugs9freehugs9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just an update on what I posted above, I just respeced and took Assailing Force again and now it works.
  • Options
    lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Please fix the Shield cooldown issue and the Nightmare Wizardry giving combat advantage to enemies issue, these are game-breaking bugs, they should have been fixed yesterday.
  • Options
    maxnalarmaxnalar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Alacrity Feat does nothing.

I wish you had only listed the new bugs since patch, this list is so big that the new bugs might be just added to the same old list's and not get fixed for a long time, meanwhile the new bugs are game changing for CW's

So far I have discovered 3 new bugs since the patch and they all effect cooldowns
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lets just spamm threads all over the forum. Seems like they just ignore us.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    edited June 2013

Could not replicate. I'm Thaumaturge with Nightmare Wizardry and it's only applying to my targets.

Here's some extra stuff for you:
    Ray of Frost, Storm Pillar, Maelstrom of Chaos and Arcane Singularity tooltips do not scale with power.
    Storm Pillar and Arcane Singularity get no damage bonus from power.
    Arcane Singularity does less damage than stated on it's tooltip.

I checked again to be sure that I was correct, and Nightmare Wizardry is definitely debuffing me. I'll try to post a screenshot soon if others can't duplicate this. Today it took me a minute to get it to happen with the training dummies, though. It's possible that it doesn't occur if you already have combat advantage against your target due to positioning, or maybe it's just erratic.

Thanks for the info, will update original post.

P.S. With Evocation, were you able to test all AoE powers? With all the glitches, I'd be surprised if it worked properly with Icy Terrain, SotEA, etc.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    derangedfetishderangedfetish Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All effects that reference AOE skills are broken, as most AOE skills are not considered as such (On top of all the other issues they have...)
  • Options
    oldbuggaoldbugga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well...the 4 set bonus of the Gladiator's set is only reducing the spell mastery slot CD by about 10-12% or so...not the 25% that they said they fixed. This applies no matter what encounter spell I slot into it. (I have also feated for the 20% reduction in encounter cd's as well so it may be getting confused there).
    The older I get....the better I was