test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skirmishes need a manually entry option

axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
It's great you added a manual entry for dungeons.

However Skirmishes still lack them.. They just exist in some mysterious lands no one knows how to get too except via some mysterious non-gameworld-connected teleport..

This is an issue, especially with achievements being tied to these. I missed the first one "blacklake terror" because I was playing with a friend doing foundry and other fun stuff, and by the time I got to blacklake, I was above the maximum level for it.. So that achievement is forever missed =/

Should be some way to enter them manually, at any level.

Additionally a way to disable a level up, or disable getting XP would be nice, both as a workaround for this issue, plus a way to help your friends catch up to play with you, without constantly pulling yourself apart from the unavoidable xp.
-Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
-Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
Post edited by axer128 on

Comments

• eyepatchdudeeyepatchdude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah.. I've missed some skirmishes.. and would like the option to complete them.. We know you can normalize levels for pvp arenas.. seems like you should also be able to down-tune characters for older content
  • aisriythaisriyth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This plus lore objects. There are definitly a collection of lore objects that you can miss out, minor perhaps but for completionists it can kind of suck.
  • teknykkteknykk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed. I personally knew about this issue, but still missed the Skirmish in Ebon Downs (Defend the Temple) because of Helm's Hold and it's rather stupid-high XP gain for an area that's only meant to last 5 levels in progression and ends up being 7-8 levels instead. The skirmish has like, a bracket of 3-4 levels, so it flies out of the queue system before you know it.

The dungeons having them was a great addition, they can be missed via the queue too, so it's helpful to have a door option...so I don't see why the Skirmishes couldn't have an option on the NPC you gives you information about it in the area, using a similar dialogue system as the dungeon doors (queue with a level limit or enter with party as is without restriction).

It really is a must, especially with achievements tied to them, and often quests too, and sometimes lore entries. On top of that, Blacklake Terror needs an achievement added in, seems to be the only one which does not have one...as I've done it, none popped up and I checked the list to see it didn't even exist.
  • faethynfaethyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I just found out skirmishes have a maximum level. That information certainly isn't given in the quest journal, so I missed the level requirements for the first skirmish. Now I can't go back and do it. At the very least you need to inform players of the maximum level if content has it. An even better solution is to allow us to actually complete the content even if we're over a recommended level. All you do by restricting content like this is annoy your players.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another vote for this. If it can be done for dungeons I don't see why it couldn't be done for skirmishes. It's possible to miss a lot of skirmishes and events since leveling is so fast. It's either that or do nothing but sit in the queue which I can tell you isn't very fun. I was in one queue for over 6 hours before I finally gave up on it.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Additional epic dungeons need this option. (They are queue only too)

Especially when you design ones like spellplague and castle never to take 2+ hours (The 45min estimate is a joke, they are both insanely long).

I mean RL or other issues pop up, sometimes ppl need to leave. I can get why queues don't allow replacements later in to some degree. Manual entries should allow epic mode ,and should allow replacements to be taken in should someone have to leave. (perhaps everyone will have to exit to get the buble to work, but thats fine, long as we can take in replacements would be nice).
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • sejo77sejo77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the OP,yes we should allow to do quests,skirmishes and dungeons that we already outleveled.
    However in the case of skirmishes i do understand why they did this level limitation.As we all know there are these AD event hours when you can get AD from the skirmish end chest.So as it is expected there will be people who try to take advantage of it.Like entering a level 12 skirmish with his level 60 character and finish it within in a minute and reenter and do it again, gaining thousands of AD within an hour.
    My suggestion would be if you are doing skirmishes that you are already outleveled you wouldn't get any AD from it when you are finishing it in the AD event hour.Even tho if it wouldn't be enough the developers can further restrict the loot what a high level can get from a low level skirmish,for example he can only get uncommon items.Even the item farming/abusing would be avoidable.This way we can be sure, if any high level guy enters in a low level skirmish his intention clearly would be to get the missed achievements and not farming.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just make Epic Skirmishes. This also has the benefit of giving the level 60 people more options because the single current skirmish they get stuck with kind of sucks. At least after having done it a dozen+ times.

Failing that yeah make the others available from one of the NPCs in the zone. Keep any level requirements in place in regards to the skirmish events that give an AD bonus though.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Just make Epic Skirmishes. This also has the benefit of giving the level 60 people more options because the single current skirmish they get stuck with kind of sucks. At least after having done it a dozen+ times.

Failing that yeah make the others available from one of the NPCs in the zone. Keep any level requirements in place in regards to the skirmish events that give an AD bonus though.
    That would be nice, but obviously a ton more work.

Any skirmish should be possible at any level, just with lesser rewards for over level.

At 60 we should have at least the final 4 skirmishes to select from via queue, and each qualify for daily skirmish rewards/skirm event diamonds. (I mean the quest rewards 4, forcing us to repeat the same one isnt fun).

Plus having achievments be 100% misable due to being tired of running the same old content over and over on alts is also quite annoying.
  • fateful0majestyfateful0majesty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need this! I want to kill Garrurandar the Vile, even when I am 60. I just like killing dragons! I mean it is Dungeons and Dragons!
  • some1inatreesome1inatree Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah. The capacity to enter Skirmishes manually is definitely needed since they are included in Quest achievements. I don't mind whether they limit the rewards for higher level players, or they scale down the player's level via dynamic level adjustment, or both!

To be honest, I wish they had dynamic level adjustment in all PvE areas. The reality is, higher level characters are at an advantage anyway as they usually have better gear and access to better powers.

And generally the information as to what level something is no longer available needs to be more obvious in the meantime.
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »

Or better yet add epic skirmishes AND a manual entry for skirmish, epic skirmishes, and epic dungeons. :)

I've missed a number of skirmishes so I'd love to see a way to enter them if I missed them. I'm really glad you can enter dungeons manually since I miss those now and then with my characters too.
  • ninesleenineslee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I totally agree with this. It's a real pity to miss some of the content because of the high lvl. Manual entry would be awesome and Epic Skirmishes would be great as well - for some people who have less time for playing.
  • swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    faethyn wrote: »
    An even better solution is to allow us to actually complete the content even if we're over a recommended level. All you do by restricting content like this is annoy your players.

This. No need to write some level-converting code, just let us in.
  • zolimoszolimos Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really would love to see a manual entrance for skirmishes. I've already missed several.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. I didn't realize there were quests that required them until I hit level 60. Of course, I missed them due to the achievement journal not showing all achievements.
  • kobuirisgameskobuirisgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed. I hate missing content. I've blown past a lot just doing professions and invoking on the days I don't really have time to wait in a queue.
    Maturity, Fair Play, Family Friendly. Sound good? Apply today at www.guildmedieval.com

Guild Medieval Recruitment Topic
    edited May 2013
    Soon please.. Must get that one skirm achievement I missed.. Nearly to 3k achievement points!
  • trique76trique76 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to join my voice here... I accidentally bypassed the level of a skirmish (Defending the temple) and just figure I couldnt complete it at all. I am a completionist and this is tearing me apart. Worst thing, this is character has the "you survived" pack so deleting is out of question.
    Please, add this manual entrance so we can complete skirmishes later or even solo.
  • odiboyodiboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I will sign this as well, not only is it nice, but just like with the dungeons if you want to give a guildie a hand but you just outleveled it (Or more than just, I mean hey, its a guildie) than you should be allowed.
  • sevrinheadzsevrinheadz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is needed. Playing through the regular content, in one 3 hour gaming session (rare for me and I was so enjoying the game first time through), I skipped like 7 skirmishes and dungeons (thankfully dungeons are accessible). I've skipped several skirmishes and dungeons due to lack of time to play by just been praying to keep my coins and it leveled me past the point of the skirmishes. I have one 2/3 skirmishes done on a daily and hit pray and it bumped me past today. To add to the casual aspect of this game, the content should be accessible regardless of level, or at least have a 15 level buffer so you can access it at a more leisurely pace (maybe accomplished with a different queue?). I totally agree with the guildie aspect...that's just part of the reasons/fun of having a guild.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes this is much needed. Also it would be nice to have epic skirmishes so you could run different ones for AD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hims3lfhims3lf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, just lost 2 (Straight to Helm and Defend the Temple) cause xp gain was going way too fast and I overleveled before discovering that skirmishes can be missed, please add epic skirmishes!
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Some skirmished are bugged. Garrundar was bugged for me when I did it earlier.

See:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LgzcKGlVLg

Bugfixes and manual entry please.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • hims3lfhims3lf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its always nice to see everyone agree at an important issue... hope the people in charge have seen this and will give the attention it needs ^^
  • aesandilaesandil Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    While Epic Skirmishes might require some extra work, scaling the existing ones to also be available at the max level shouldn't be too hard. The tech seems to be already there. And then we would only need a nifty "queue for a random skirmish" option added in order to make the process of completing groups smoother.
  • caelesti31caelesti31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hims3lf wrote: »
    Its always nice to see everyone agree at an important issue... hope the people in charge have seen this and will give the attention it needs ^^

wouldn't it be nice if we got some dev input on the forums...
  • bolondronbolondron Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Epic skirmishes would be an awesome addition.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While I think Epic Skirmishes is a good idea for end game content, I think adding manual entry would be quicker and easier in the mean time.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • dandamisdandamis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *BUMP*

Please add a way to manually enter skirmishes that you have outleveled.