test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are there going to be any clerics in this game after today?

wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
PvP is very bad, worst I've seen it cleric wise. My astral shield no longer stays up, and other classes now appear to be super buffed. I have two clerics, and my first is an absolute fail now. Will see how the second fairs under its build, but the clerics I've seen so far in PvP are being slaughtered and not doing well in points or anything at level 60. I'm most likely leaving this game after today. My first impression is that the changes are beyond horrible.
Post edited by wholyhandgrenade on

Comments

• Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    are you asking god? a seer? or a time traveller?
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No problems here.
    But then again, its not my first mmo and definitely not first balance patch in my gaming career so I did what I always do-adapted.
  • Options
    nbitznbitz Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    My DC became useless overnight, it's my only character so you can imagine how happy I am. Not.

Healing went down with about 25%, Damage overall went down by about 10% except for one skill. I'm a lot squishier too. Killing me, takes about half as much time as it did before.

I'm sure things will change, otherwise DC will become an extinct class very quickly.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    He is obviously looking for an opinion from his fellow Troll Shamen.

but seriously, dc has gone from op to gimped to OP to gimped a few times already. It gets silly when the dc scores the best DPS AND holds agro AND has the best control AND the best survivability...and heals a bit to

But clerics aren't supposed to be the end all PVP class. that is supposed to be TRs. and I really doubt the OP is actually leaving after the first day of a patch. they will probably "Balance" the cleric 5-10 times up and down before they are done.

it would be nice if the nerfs to clerics would be say nerfs to maybe DPS or nerfs to their ability to generate hate, or maybe control nerfs, ot nerft to healing. but the devs hate things that compete with potions/healing stones. so you know how it is.

Im sure there will continue to be DCs after today, there probably wont be three per team. or scoring top in every category. but for the people who like to play a squishy a support class they still function as that.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    After my first cleric used AS which didn't even heal 1/4th of the life bar, all healing spells were removed. A cleric that doesn't heal, WTF???

The hammer daily spell just about one hits anyone in PvP, other than that my first cleric has nothing going for it. Try to build up points to cast the daily and then get a cheap kill, that's about how my first cleric is and building up power isn't a quick task.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    He is obviously looking for an opinion from his fellow Troll Shamen.

but seriously, dc has gone from op to gimped to OP to gimped a few times already. It gets silly when the dc scores the best DPS AND holds agro AND has the best control AND the best survivability...and heals a bit to

But clerics aren't supposed to be the end all PVP class. that is supposed to be TRs. and I really doubt the OP is actually leaving after the first day of a patch. they will probably "Balance" the cleric 5-10 times up and down before they are done.

it would be nice if the nerfs to clerics would be say nerfs to maybe DPS or nerfs to their ability to generate hate, or maybe control nerfs, ot nerft to healing. but the devs hate things that compete with potions/healing stones. so you know how it is.

Im sure there will continue to be DCs after today, there probably wont be three per team. or scoring top in every category. but for the people who like to play a squishy a support class they still function as that.

DC was never OP, it had only one spell AS that worked well.

I've given up on my first cleric after this patch. Still have my second to see how it fairs, and yes I will be leaving this game after this patch if the second cleric becomes as worthless as the first.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lets face it, AS was broken, a game cant hinge on 1 ability. which it was.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
  • Options
    pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    lets face it, AS was broken, a game cant hinge on 1 ability. which it was.

Not going to disagree with the AS being broken. But... what did they boost in exchange for "fixing" AS? As far as I know, DCs got no buffs to any power/skill/ability at all in this update. Healing threat/add aggro DOES seem to be better from what I'm hearing, but other than that - nothing.

And if I'm wrong, please let me know. I'd be more than happy if DCs actually got SOMETHING beneficial out of this.

And yeah, I still plan to play, and to try to adapt. If dungeons become more expensive than they're worth, I'll just quit running them and stick to soloing/foundry quests... (not a big PvP fan)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    they did boost something, guardian fighters. they split the role from cleric being the healer + tank, to just healer now.

I know they didnt buff clerics directly, but they gave alot of their tanking to guardians, which is what guardians needed. Sure they could have increased healing to compensate astral, but if that was the case things would be a bit too far into clerics favor still. numerous people had no problems using guardians in their groups now.

the problem with tuning down a class, is it gets tuned down and not up. And players get too comfortable with its previous state.

I main a wizard, and the wizard class didnt get buffs, now "we" get more agro, because the cleric doesnt, but its not broken. our damage has been nerfed on various points (which doesnt make sense because all our damage came from shield bumping). and alot of spells have converted to DoTs so no longer proc weapon enchants anymore on each tick.

The point is, in the big picture, its not about buffs or nerfs of each class. its about balance of all that makes a good game. If the cleric was good at healing, good at tanking, good at agro keeping. You dont take away 2 of them and make healing amazing. So far i can see that cryptic did some testing with most of these changes and this is what they felt was most beneficial. (ofc theres still some stupid stuff but i would say overall (all classes) have been changed for the better.

But i do wish they buffed GWF aoe damage, so us wizards dont ALWAYS have to bump/cc, in nearly every encounter, killing adds would be a nice viable option to me. And I as a CW dont want "my" damage buffed, id rather have GWF buffed to allow me to diversify my build.

Love to see a shout/debuff/cc paragon tree for GWF also in the future but thats thinking too far ahead.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    pnellesen wrote: »
    Not going to disagree with the AS being broken. But... what did they boost in exchange for "fixing" AS? As far as I know, DCs got no buffs to any power/skill/ability at all in this update. Healing threat/add aggro DOES seem to be better from what I'm hearing, but other than that - nothing.

And if I'm wrong, please let me know. I'd be more than happy if DCs actually got SOMETHING beneficial out of this.

And yeah, I still plan to play, and to try to adapt. If dungeons become more expensive than they're worth, I'll just quit running them and stick to soloing/foundry quests... (not a big PvP fan)

my first cleric cant heal, why should a healing support character have only one healing spell they can rely upon (and then they nerf even that so it doesn't last long or heal much when used)? You think AS is broken, you should see the entire cleric class that can't heal and can't tank, what is it supposed to be a damage class, cause that is not why I made a cleric. Hammer of the Gods one hits others and my heals are horrible. Lets not also forget that they nerfed in half the supporting abiiity that builds divine power (they said it gave twice what they intended so they just fixed it).
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    they did boost something, guardian fighters. they split the role from cleric being the healer + tank, to just healer now.

Heal with what?????? lol, I can't even heal my own health
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah it's so fun to permastun and then kill clerics in a matter of seconds because they can't heal themselves and have the most fragile characters in game. I see why people don't complain about this nerf. If there's no serious immunity to control and knockbacks then this class has no role to play in pvp now.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My second cleric is still playing well in PvP but its only at level 57 and not at level 60 play, it is also highly noticeable that it only now gets half the divine power it used to receive. Will have to wait and see how level 60 play goes with it once I get it there.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Yeah it's so fun to permastun and then kill clerics in a matter of seconds because they can't heal themselves and have the most fragile characters in game. I see why people don't complain about this nerf. If there's no serious immunity to control and knockbacks then this class has no role to play in pvp now.

my second cleric relies upon its knockbacks, without it there is no defense against rogues and being mobbed... knockbacks aren't a problem and shouldn't be touched, permastun should however be heavily tapered down or removed entirely from PvP, it isn't any fun at all not being able to do anything and everyone hits clerics with it
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    my second cleric relies upon its knockbacks, without it there is no defense against rogues and being mobbed... knockbacks aren't a problem and shouldn't be touched, permastun should however be heavily tapered down or removed entirely from PvP, it isn't any fun at all not being able to do anything and everyone hits clerics with it

I didn't say i didn't use stuns but most of the times the CW engages the clerics from max range, stuns him, and then the GWF joins the fight and just start to permastun and do insane dps. Not being able to heal oneself doesn't help in this situation, there are way too much stuns and KBs and not enough heals and immunities in pvp now. It's just fun when you're anything but a cleric.

Unfortunately, the changes has been made with PVE testing, obviously, pvp isn't a priority, which is a shame considering a huge new pvp mode is about to be released next week. TBH i don't give a **** if they don't sell enough healing stones and rez scrolls from the store to pve noobs, now pvp is just a pain when you play a cleric and the class is really weak.

Aggro was reduced? Awesome! Now players are going to ignore me, obviously... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013

When I ran PvP we all assigned clerics with the KoS label because Astral Shield made taking a position more difficult.

I'm sure Clerics will always be focused because of their ability to make your attacks pointless with heals. Clerics are meant to be the anchor for a party.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is it me or sun burst in PvP knocks about 5cm instead of 15m?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My second cleric failed to heal with healing word on divinity with 3 divinity casts and a couple non-divinity for more than 1/4ths of a bar of health. Healing is so broken. I think this might be some sort of glitch, but healing word on divinity should completely heal in one or two casts max, but 3 casts on divinity and still end up with less than 1/4th a bar of health. So $%#%# broken.

My PvP score has plummeted. I can't get the kills and I no longer receive healing assist points. Soooooo %%#%#$^#$$#% broken.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    My PvP score has plummeted. I can't get the kills and I no longer receive healing assist points. Soooooo %%#%#$^#$$#% broken.

Well TBH clerics have never been able to rank first, unless their team isn't good and the other team sucks even more. I always had the most assists and still couldn't get 1st. That's unfair but it's the way the game is designed. Support class = abnegation, especially in pvp. You play for the daily, for some glory, and for fun, but don't hope to get one of the unique blue item. And no these items don't suck. They have unique stats and some can be sold for a healthy amount of astral diamonds.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I didn't say i didn't use stuns but most of the times the CW engages the clerics from max range, stuns him, and then the GWF joins the fight and just start to permastun and do insane dps. Not being able to heal oneself doesn't help in this situation, there are way too much stuns and KBs and not enough heals and immunities in pvp now. It's just fun when you're anything but a cleric.

Unfortunately, the changes has been made with PVE testing, obviously, pvp isn't a priority, which is a shame considering a huge new pvp mode is about to be released next week. TBH i don't give a **** if they don't sell enough healing stones and rez scrolls from the store to pve noobs, now pvp is just a pain when you play a cleric and the class is really weak.

Aggro was reduced? Awesome! Now players are going to ignore me, obviously... :rolleyes:

They term PvP as end game. If it is end game then it should matter a whole heck of a lot. With that in mind they need to $%$#^#$^ fix the cleric. Why did they nerf the cleric when the cleric wasn't at all strong to start with, they had one spell AS that worked reasonably well, now it doesn't even fill a quarter of a bar of health at level 60. I have a few choice words I'd like to express with this game over the cleric and they all go something like this $$#^@%#.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I could get first and second with mine quite often, now I tend to be in the bottom 3 of all players. Of all the blue items I've received, none have been for specifically for the cleric.
  • Options
    dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But clerics aren't supposed to be the end all PVP class. that is supposed to be TRs.

And you are basing this pearl of wisdom on what exactly?
  • Options
    killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ya know, you're right. I see clerics healing people now like I have in about every other mmorpg. No more OP double AS? The game must be broken.

Are clerics still a must in PvE endgame? Yes
    Are clerics still able to keep people alive in PvP? Yes

Now gtfo.

EDIT*
    dcoy1 wrote: »
    But clerics aren't supposed to be the end all PVP class. that is supposed to be TRs.

This has to be a joke.. Why do people think mmo's are only supposed to have 2-3 viable classes and everyone else is just fodder. If it was supposed to be that way this game would just have 3 classes.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • Options
    dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    God man, please don't make it look like that was MY quote.
  • Options
    malganysxmalganysx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    guys... there is only 1 class in this game... and is the rogue.. all the others are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> spec with are victim of slashing blades.. and shocking execution... CW van do better than GWF and others but he dies too vs a rogue... is the worst balance in the game... never seen a game like this... GWF is non existing class... guardians do more damage than GWF!!! LOL! and all others are weak vs TR is annoyng a rogue hit my GWF for 24k.. and i have 23k HP... now unistalled the game... it can bee good game if GWF is good enough to kill people like CW or rogues.. but no... lol and now clerics are walking ****s...
  • Options
    ulyxosulyxos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    The changes to the cleric were 2-fold 1) reduced healing of AS 2) reduced aggro generated by heals. The result of that is cleric can now actually devote their time to healing others instead of saving their skin. They also need to load more than a single healing spell to do their job. From what i have seen from the one dungeon i did so far it seem actually easier to beat boss since you can now have another class doing the kiting or the tanking while cleric heals. Of course he can still draw aggro but it is not as intense as before. I think clerics will learn to appreciate the freedom that patch will have given them.
  • Options
    warsirenwarsiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gawd so many fail clerics in this thread... *facepalm* I am ashamed to play one with a good portion of the current community being cry babies. I'm nowhere near a OMFG amazing player, I'm average at best.. but I'm doing fine on both my Clerics my 60 I left behind on Beholder (who I used for testing and popped on to see if my build I had planned held up at 60.)and my 55 I'm rocking on Mindflayer. (My new home, yay RL friends not listening, then being lazy!)
    Thori-Siggy-2_zps2ccf70bd.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ulyxos wrote: »
    The changes to the cleric were 2-fold 1) reduced healing of AS 2) reduced aggro generated by heals. The result of that is cleric can now actually devote their time to healing others instead of saving their skin. They also need to load more than a single healing spell to do their job. From what i have seen from the one dungeon i did so far it seem actually easier to beat boss since you can now have another class doing the kiting or the tanking while cleric heals. Of course he can still draw aggro but it is not as intense as before. I think clerics will learn to appreciate the freedom that patch will have given them.

no they can't their heals got seriously nerfed, what used to fill a health bar barely budges it now... divinity regeneration is also nerfed pretty heavily... damage, forget it... I keep playing PvP and clerics are always placing near last... two clerics on a team and you know which team has already lost...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    warsiren wrote: »
    Gawd so many fail clerics in this thread... *facepalm* I am ashamed to play one with a good portion of the current community being cry babies. I'm nowhere near a OMFG amazing player, I'm average at best.. but I'm doing fine on both my Clerics my 60 I left behind on Beholder (who I used for testing and popped on to see if my build I had planned held up at 60.)and my 55 I'm rocking on Mindflayer. (My new home, yay RL friends not listening, then being lazy!)

lol, do you play PvP
  • Options
    cczeuscczeus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Personally on my cleric, it has been difficult adjusting to not having astral shield always up, but I was still able to successfully complete most t2 dungeons as a solo cleric with no GF. This cleric nerf has made it tougher, but everything is still do-able with just an extra wipe or 2. The way it was before is that the astral shield was keeping alive the stupid who stayed in the red circles, and now you must focus more on player skill compared to cleric healing. It was this way before, but even more so now. This was a balance patch, where bad classes got better and clerics don't hold together bad teams. Overall, this is a step in the right direction.